It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel: Global Event on May 25, 2009

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

what part specifically the only thing on that video that looks similar is the alien part and the bright object in the sky

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Damn the History Channel and BBC, for making such a big deal out of it!
Here a large article:
www.dailymail.co.uk...
And for all you UFO-believers and non-believers, they will appear when we expect them the least.

Heil!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FX44rice

Which is why it's great we have people like yourself here... to keep us from slipping too far down that rabbit hole.

Did we ever come up with the facts showing that second video was fake? It's got me curious since it's had such an impact on this thread.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Haunebu

lol i guess your a blossom goodchild cuckoo hippy channeller believer? because thats all she ever said "They will appear whenever we least expect them..." yeah more like to avoid the voices in her head.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by misfitoy

nope i been asking him and he won't give a good detailed debunk thread

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

The second video is not featured anywhere on the History Channel minisite.

The second video uses a freely downloadable font based on the Aliens movie.

The dates that are flashed up on the second video seem to be badly aligned in some cases.

The history channel logo at the end of the second video seems to be out of place when compared with the legit video... i.e. it seems cropped, slightly pixelated and not in the center of the screen.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It could be the day the set the hidden nukes off or it could be the day that Nostradamus predicted they release the new Lexus!

[edit on 18-5-2009 by MOTT the HOOPLE]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

What ever the show is going to reveal they've allowed a 12 hour time block for that date on their schedule. We'll just have to wait!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Maybe it will be a Globally sent TV-Broadcast featuring this: www.youtube.com...

Will it send shockwaves througout the World? Will it change History, as it is known, forever??

[edit on 18-5-2009 by Nightchild]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The chances of it changing history are 100% because they for one wouldnt advertise it like they have. It must be big for allot of people who actually CARE that we descend from a lemur.

I for one dont give a Shizen, probably like 50% of earths population.

o.k it probably states fact that we are not supreme beings, and that we evolved - but i kind of thought this anyway. unlike religious people

I think it would be less of a shock to people of faith, to find out that there is other life forms in the universe - and that we didnt evolve. At least then they can still go about thinking that there is a god, and that we ARE alone

Conspiracy? Hmmm, dnt get me started

Lets just hope its something worth talkign about when im sipping on a Export

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 80r0m1r

Well paulchac just replied to me and he sounds pissed off that people on ATS are bombing him about authenticity of that 2nd video

here's what he said

"Hey, first of all I wouldn't know how to fake a commercial on television. My tv has only one conventional scart connection and im not sure how i would connect my desktop to it. the reason i was filming the tv was that I would turn on my camera every time the commercials began in hope of capturing the ad, which I did. I ask of you and all the others to do the same. im being bombed regarding its authenticity"

[edit on 17/05/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Hi all. I posted my attempted debunk on pg. 38 last night about 5:00am. It got buried pretty quickly. In my opinion the video is a fake.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

Do you want to know the sequence of events?

First the War in Iran will start.
When the financial crisis is at her height, Russia will invade western Europe.
Than "They" will appear.

I hoped for disclosure, but that won't happen because the fear and mass panic it would cause if they did exist (most people don't believe in alien contact and free energy) could be very helpful for some people.

I think that there will be a "staged" invasion, on the one side it could be with holograms and some black projects or on the other side it could be our liberators depicted as the worst enemy ever because even after more than 60 years hate propaganda is a daily business.
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by theyreadmymind

I am starting to think I may agree with you about the "second ad". I can't find it anywhere on History.com, and although it looks pretty nice on Youtube the supposedly "validating" response of it airing live on TV is a bit odd. Specifically, the upper left corner is cropped (perhaps this is where the "play" on a DVD player showed up) and it seems to start a little too quickly after the Monster.com ad.

Has anyone seen the 'second ad' on tv themselves?

edit - this is the YT link for the "response" YT Link - 2nd Ad

[edit on 18-5-2009 by ChrisR]

[edit on 18-5-2009 by ChrisR]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
And even though this person is being bombed with questioning of authenticity, you were the only one who got a response? Hmm...

Regardless of where this is all heading, we'll find out soon enough and then this thread can pass on peacefully. Cause I'm personally tired of people attacking the "Creationists", religious-types, etc. Considering none of them have said anything yet, but they're pretty easy to point a finger at.

btw, I just looked at the YT video that was linked right above this post and wow... it does look totally real to me. I dunno. lol

[edit on 18-5-2009 by ekhodust]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I don't think anyone has posted about this particular show. Just saw while watching abc world news with Charlie Gibson that tomorrow night they are having a whole segment on the history channel/Lemur discovery. Looked they showed actual footage from the show that is to air on the history channel, animation of a volcano erruption, then digging up Lemur( it went fast but it did look furry and fleshy lol),flashed history logo and 47 million years, and to tune in tomorrow at 6:30. So for those who don't have cable looks like abc will be covering alot of the lemur-ness tomorrow

[edit on 18-5-2009 by behindtopazeyes]

[edit on 18-5-2009 by behindtopazeyes]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 80r0m1r

The second video is not featured anywhere on the History Channel minisite.

The second video uses a freely downloadable font based on the Aliens movie.

The dates that are flashed up on the second video seem to be badly aligned in some cases.

The history channel logo at the end of the second video seems to be out of place when compared with the legit video... i.e. it seems cropped, slightly pixelated and not in the center of the screen.

what the heck? MANY PEOPLE on this board said that they watched the video LIVE ...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FX44rice
reply to post by Raider of Truth

It is 1st debunked as NO One has viewed it anywhere other than YT.

Just go look at any blogs talking about it.

It's basically old news at this point that its a fake. It's obvoius but believe what you want, its a fake.

what do u mean no one .. I am sure 2 people at least watched live ... they posted on this very thread ... you should take a look before making this claims ...

and the quality of the video was too good to be faked ... the only way to fake that video would be a copy paste and put the history channel logo at the end ... but I doubt anyone has ever seen that video in another place ... so it looks legit ...

you look at 3 pages in this thread and then claims that the video is fake ... you should at least looked at the whole threat ...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
reply to post by FX44rice

there are plenty of people on this thread saying they seen it.. i personally havent seen it due to not having THC but the others look extremely genuine.

another person who saw people claiming that watched the video

I am not crazy .. lol

I dont know why there are some people here spreading that the second video is fake ... why are u doing this ... these guys must be #ing nuts ... they want to debunk everything, even a legit video that was claimed by several people here on this board to be legit ...

you must think that all these people are covering for the hoaxer ? yeah yeha

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Not sure if this was posted but its from today. the 18th

NYTIMES MAy 18th

“We would not go forward with this, even in a hosting capacity, unless we had a sense of the scientific importance,” said Michael J. Novacek, the provost of science at the museum.

But despite a television teaser campaign with the slogan “This changes everything” and comparisons to the moon landing and the Kennedy assassination, the significance of this discovery may not be known for years. An article to be published on Tuesday in PLoS, a scientific journal, will report more prosaically that the scientists involved said the fossil could be a “stem group” that was a precursor to higher primates, with the caveat, “but we are not advocating this.”

All of this seems a departure from the normal turn of events, where researchers study their subject and publish their findings, and let the media chips fall where they may. But this campaign is only the latest example of the scientific media blockbuster, of which the National Geographic Society has become perhaps the most successful practitioner. It often gives grants to researchers, with National Geographic gaining the rights to produce television shows and magazine articles related to any discoveries.

And these kinds of publicity campaigns can backfire. In 2007, for example, the Discovery Channel ran a documentary called “The Lost Tomb of Jesus,” which had its share of detractors in the academic community.

Executives of A&E, which operates the History Channel, said they were mindful of that example, and were satisfied that the science behind the fossil discovery was solid. The media facets to the project began to coalesce last summer, when an A&E executive met in London with Anthony Geffen, a filmmaker and the chief executive of Atlantic Productions, who had been secretly working on the film with Mr. Hurum.

Looks like overkill marketing is all.

Also found this one

World’s Most Overhyped Science Headline, Part 2

It’s hard to keep a hot fossil under wraps. A public relations firm issued a breathless press release yesterday about “A REVOLUTIONARY SCIENTIFIC FIND THAT WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING,” to be announced Tuesday at the American Museum of Natural History (AMNH) in New York City. But news of the discovery—a 47-million-year-old fossil primate—has leaked out already.

blogs.sciencemag.org...

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join