It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel: Global Event on May 25, 2009

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

aint god/religion stuff and aliens the same?
Maybe they are going to tell us that.. that god was an alien and they are the missing link and they found the remains of a 47 milion year old alien

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
just saw that advert on bbc where hes lifting something out , cant see that being some body looks to thin - maybe its a lost religious book

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
"WORLD RENOWNED SCIENTISTS REVEAL A REVOLUTIONARY SCIENTIFIC FIND THAT WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING Ground-Breaking Global Announcement What: An international press conference to unveil a major historic scientific find. After two years of research a team of world-renowned scientists will announce their findings, which address a long-standing scientific puzzle. The find is lauded as the most significant scientific discovery of recent times. History brings this momentous find to America and will follow with the premiere of a major television special on Monday, May 25 at 9 pm ET/PT chronicling the discovery and investigation. Who: Mayor Michael Bloomberg; International team of scientists who researched the find; Abbe Raven, President and CEO, A&E Television Networks; Nancy Dubuc, Executive Vice President and General Manager, History; Ellen Futter, President, American Museum of Natural History"

scienceblogs.com...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Your creator's are aliens

I will have to DVR it I'll being celebrating the Holiday and yup I will be saying to myself, Happy Birthday Springer hope you got a cupcake

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 80r0m1r
"WORLD RENOWNED SCIENTISTS REVEAL A REVOLUTIONARY SCIENTIFIC FIND THAT WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING Ground-Breaking Global Announcement What: An international press conference to unveil a major historic scientific find. After two years of research a team of world-renowned scientists will announce their findings, which address a long-standing scientific puzzle. The find is lauded as the most significant scientific discovery of recent times. History brings this momentous find to America and will follow with the premiere of a major television special on Monday, May 25 at 9 pm ET/PT chronicling the discovery and investigation. Who: Mayor Michael Bloomberg; International team of scientists who researched the find; Abbe Raven, President and CEO, A&E Television Networks; Nancy Dubuc, Executive Vice President and General Manager, History; Ellen Futter, President, American Museum of Natural History"

scienceblogs.com...

A long-standing scientific puzzle? Sounds like Link-stuff.
When will it be understood, that Enki is The real Missing Link.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well at 9pm on the 25th on the UKs History channel its a program about Virus's so they must be showing it at the exact same time throughout all time zones, are they showing it at 9 Eastern time in the US?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Of course the Lemur (Adapid) leak could be a limited hangout or disinfo? It certainly seems to be a massive fuss about something that seems will answer nothing and only lead to more questions, disagreement and debate.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Would it be beyond the boundaries of sanity to hope that it will be something like Neon Genesis Evangelion, where secret government agencies are in possession of 'Adam' amd 'Lilith'? Though I think including the 'Angels' into this may be a little too farfetched...

Back to reality... It's come up a few times that it's being described as an EVENT as opposed to a discovery, so unless it's all media hype, should we be expecting something truly massive to occur?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
If it was a massive, earth shattering EVENT, then why is it on the History channel and not every broadcast station? Doesn't make sense, I think it's the lemur story and "ho-hum" at best.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I sure hope all this hoopla isn't about some lemur bones. I know I may be quite disappointed but I sure hope its along the lines of disclosure or if it is about the new bones, it shows that we were genetically manipulated. Finding yet another "missing link" is just boring and certainly not "World changing" (Well only in some circles)

[edit on 18-5-2009 by DamitJim]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by neilparnham
just saw that advert on bbc where hes lifting something out , cant see that being some body looks to thin - maybe its a lost religious book

Just to clear up the BBC advert, it is for a show called 'Uncovering our earliest ancestors:The Link' presented by David Attenborough at 9pm.
I tried to start a thread but nobody is interested it seems
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I don't think they would call a mammal/primate a girl so this throws me off.

female specimen maybe not girl.

If it deals with Viruses then maybe they found the pamphlet/book with the Cures for all known Viruses .....that would be cool.

Viruses/Diseases...... all the same and can be cured from the roots of plants.

hey, I'm just throwing it in there

[edit on 18-5-2009 by observe50]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DamitJim

Sure, it would be an interesting find, but how would it be "sending shockwaves" throughout the World?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Natonstan
Just had a thought, When everybody was saying the country on the Earth in the 2nd ad didn't look like a country, Could it be that the country on the globe is from before the continents divided? It is an Ancient discovery after all?

Eh... no. It is the Earth, it is a real continent, it is the Northern Coast of North Canada. Easily identifiable are the "Aleutian Islands", then "Amundsen Gulf", then "Hudson Bay", then the "Gulf of St. Lawrence". It may seem difficult to identify due to the image from the History Channel being curved whereas the image from Google maps is flattened and warped to a rectangle (I don't recall the technical jargon for describing different map formats).

Also, with regard to the missing 12 hours from the History Channels schedule for May 25th, the full schedule is:
# 7:00 AM The Real West "The Johnson County War"
# 8:00 AM Time Machine
# 10:00 AM Time Machine
# 11:00 AM History's Mysteries
# 12:00 PM Time Machine
# 1:00 PM Modern Marvels
# 2:00 PM Time Machine
# 4:00 PM Time Machine
# 5:00 PM History's Mysteries
# 6:00 PM Time Machine
# 7:00 PM Modern Marvels
# 8:00 PM Decoding the Past "Mayan Doomsday Prophecy"
# 9:00 PM To Be Announced
# 11:00 PM Life After People "The Invaders"

tvlistings.zap2it.com...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

The new york times has allready revealed the mystery guys in one of the trailers it mentions biggest find in 47 million years here it is!

Fossil remains of a 47-million-year-old animal, found years ago in Germany, have been analyzed more thoroughly and determined to be an extremely early primate close to the emergence of the evolutionary branch leading to monkeys, apes and humans, scientists said in interviews this week.
Skip to next paragraph
RSS Feed

* Get Science News From The New York Times »

Described as the “most complete fossil primate ever discovered,” the specimen is a juvenile female the size of a small monkey. Only the left lower limb is missing, and the preservation is so remarkable that impressions of fur and the soft body outline are still clear. The animal’s last meal, of fruit and leaves, remained in the stomach cavity.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Calling the fossil a girl is simply a method of connecting modern humans to the find, reinforcing the idea that this is one of our earliest ancestors.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

My point exactly...if it is just a next missing link find then the have over hyped this "event" to a ridiculous extent.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 80r0m1r

"I have the feeling that this fossil, while spectacular, is being oversold."

Good find 80r ~
If you guys read this article, it explains how this is being over-hyped and they still have their doubts about it even being connected to mankind.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

It certainly seems to be a massive fuss about something that seems will answer nothing and only lead to more questions, disagreement and debate.

Which is exactly the MO of THC. A lot of their series' that deal with anything beyond actual footage of historical situations (e.g. WWII) have many vague speculations and "what if"s.

I'd mentioned previously about "Monsterquest." Anything useful from there yet? Nope. They shout at each other across the forest/river/desert and wonder why they can't find the critter in question (possibly because they scared it off with their running about shouting). Then they talk to a few locals, talk about a 'sample' of whatever (which is sent to a lab to come back with an inconclusive result), then speculate about what it could be. Every episode I've seen.

Same for their religious programs. "Did XXXX really go to/see/talk to/get visited by/ascend/descend XXXXX??????" "Many believe so....."
And off we go on the speculation.

I doubt that they will 'prove' anything to be a lie - least of all religion (you don't want to be upsetting too many people and losing your viewers).

If it upsets a few creationists (note, this would not included all religions...), or Darwinians it just adds a bit of tension.

The event could just be a round-table of panelists arguing a bit about whatever the program's about. Heated debates are always an event.

Come on HC, bring it. Do something meaningful for a change.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DamitJim

Agreed... at this point it appears the scientists and media got a little over excited.

And might I add... Your avatar pic goes SO perfect with your name! I was taking a drink of water right when I saw it... BIG mistake.

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join