It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel: Global Event on May 25, 2009

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Did anyone see the ad on the history channel that talks about a "girl" and "that changes everything"? I just saw it but I can't find it on the internet so I wasn't sure if this one was new. Cuz if so, what does a girl have to do with a lemur?

Edit: I think the ad said this: "She was just a girl when she died, but she will change the world."
So this kinda contradicts the lemur thing huh? Unless they want us to believe it's a girl lemur. But if that was the case wouldn't they refer to it as female?

[edit on 5/19/2009 by bl4ke360]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuzzie524
This has turned out to be such garbage. I had to finally sign up for this site, after a long time of following ATS, because of this topic. I was so excited about the possibility of something interesting being revealed. I don't care about some lemur that hasn't even actually been scientifically proven to be our ancestor. Thankfully I know not to wait in anticipation for another week for this to come on. Frankly, I will catch it on repeat if I even do watch it because I think they should lose people for trying to screw with everyone. (Whether or not the 2nd commercial is fake, I still think they are letting people down with the 1st one.) Up until a few hours ago, I planned to watch it anyways in hopes of us being misled even after all the evidence that people have come up figuring they could possibly be using it as a cover up to keep the story a secret. Then I found this:

abcnews.go.com...

Now I'm really done with THC.

Well that is a pretty good source. I guess the riddle is solved.

I for one welcome the new Lemur Overlords. All hail Lemur. All hail Lemur.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

The lemur was a "young female primate."

An article in The Wall Street Journal this morning quoted paleontologist Philip Gingerich of the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, who described the potential significance of the “spectacular” complete skeleton of a young female primate that was discovered 2 years ago near Frankfurt, Germany. Gingerich proposed that this fossil may be the earliest anthropoid—or the common ancestor of all later monkeys, apes, and humans.

Link: World’s Most Overhyped Science Headline, Part 2

GBM: The Segway is fun. I've only been on one once, but it's fun. It's not what it was friggin' hyped up to be (
) but it is a fun little contraption.

And yeah, this one looks like a bigger let-down; so far. I mean, after the second commercial (assuming it is legit) they would basically have to tell us that life on Earth was artificially planted by ETs from the planet Nibiru in order for the program to live up to the hype.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by theWCH]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

A girl is any female human from birth through childhood and adolescence to attainment of adulthood. The term may also be used to mean a young woman.

So why does History channel call a female lemur a "girl" when obviously the word girl is only used for humans? I'm sure they're just trying to mislead us here.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
HOPE THIS Gives some of you guys that were skeptical about the second video....ITs reallllll

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by GOTZEUS

Are you sure that couldn't have been spliced between comercials, and played back on DVD / TV?

If you think it is real than I'll eat crow.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by FX44rice]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by GOTZEUS

Finally. I have been watching the dang Axmen marathon just to see the commercials all day. I still have not seen this one. The other two,,,all day. The plot thickens.

Didn't you say you were a video editor?? This is not your shenanigans is it??

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

I had 2 people watch since 4 and they saw (4) Official original Vids.

(0) times witnessed that one G-ZEUS posted there.

He's got to be messing around to get things stirred up.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by GOTZEUS

Where is the bonus commentary footage with the director? That is what I want to see.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nuzzie524

It's certainly understandable to be disappointed. I think a lot of people are... including myself. The first commercial can easily be misleading to a lot of people.

I took up a lot of basic science classes while in college (Microbiology, Biotechnology, etc) cause I love this kind of stuff, but it sounds like they haven't even completed their research of facts before making big public claims. I just hope it doesn't end up causing more disappointment in the science community.

Oh well, maybe it's time for me to go back to playing WoW?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FX44rice

I have seen more than four today. But just the 1st one with the audio clips and the "girl" one. This is driving me nutz. I have read this thread since the start. There is a couple of mentions of other viewers. Just a couple though.

Regardless, this is the kind of thread we love right. Something new and exciting for us all to speculate.

Heil the Girl Lemur Overlords!!

[edit on 19-5-2009 by timewalker]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

No, it can be faked...we'll have to wait an see...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by White Locust
reply to post by GOTZEUS

Where is the bonus commentary footage with the director? That is what I want to see.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker

Heil the Girl Lemur Overlords!!

[edit on 19-5-2009 by timewalker]

ALL HAIL THE GIRL LEMUR OVERLORDS! HIP HIP HOORAY! HIP HIP HOORAY!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
It's a real commercial I saw it the other night myself, they better not f**k this up like the angels & demons special they did trying to disprove every damn thing.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Oh and believe me don't get your hopes up on a female lemur primate found or not it's a forgery especially since it was found in Germany home of propaganda and lies.

All of you who still consider Darwinism evolution theories to hold any truth to life are literally already hypnotized, thus making your PROGRAMMING complete!

People evolved from animals? Give me a #ing break, keep dreaming...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

I agree, let's get let down on the 25th. It's either now or then. May as well let the wild speculating commence, you never know we may get a real shake-up??

But my logic tells me otherwise.
**Maybe not since I just watched GOTZEUS's vid below.**

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by anarcissus

Everything is a Lie....Yep I agree....so, lets just skip may 25th....Here ya go folks.......

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by anarcissus
People evolved from animals? Give me a #ing break, keep dreaming...

People ARE animals. What did you think we were? Robots? Nice troll though.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I just read 50 pages of this thread to learn that there is no real reason for me to watch this special?!

If this show is just speculation about what came before apes in our evolution, I will be very disappointed. The history channel is fairly worthless for breaking news imo.

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join