It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel: Global Event on May 25, 2009

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This event has been so overly hyped now, that there is no way it will ever live up to people's expectations.

They'd have to present a living and breathing ET shaking hands with Obama on the White House lawn to impress anyone at this point.

[edit on 5/18/09 by EFFeX2k9]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I don't think it is over hyped. The problem is that now the second video is questionable, and for some reason there is only that one version of it floating around the net. There is also chatter of other commercials, and lets face it, a lemur is not earth shattering much less memorable, even if it is really old. So the reality of the news feeds contradicts these other more or less unsubstantiated commercials.

Another large problem is that this could not be the greatest discovery ever; at best it would be the greatest discovery that 'they' have allowed to be known. I think we all know this.

I do have a feeling that there will be a twist to this however.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by White Locust]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol

Originally posted by FX44rice
reply to post by Raider of Truth

It is 1st debunked as NO One has viewed it anywhere other than YT.

Just go look at any blogs talking about it.

It's basically old news at this point that its a fake. It's obvoius but believe what you want, its a fake.

what do u mean no one .. I am sure 2 people at least watched live ... they posted on this very thread ... you should take a look before making this claims ...

and the quality of the video was too good to be faked ... the only way to fake that video would be a copy paste and put the history channel logo at the end ... but I doubt anyone has ever seen that video in another place ... so it looks legit ...

you look at 3 pages in this thread and then claims that the video is fake ... you should at least looked at the whole threat ...

You are sure 2 people at least watched it live? Were you there with them? How can you be sure? There were only a few who said they saw it, and some of those are obviously talking about the first video and can't keep the two separate.

It's quite clear from the NY Times article that this presentation on History is about a lemur skeleton. Are you sure you didn't only read a few pages of this thread? So if it's about a lemur skeleton, what does that have to do with air, water, everything we know being a lie, and an all-seeing eye in the sky???

Oh, and one more thing. It's not too good to be faked. If the History channel can create it in their labs, then so can somebody else.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by theyreadmymind]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I think this thing is done based on that nytimes article i posted from today.

bottom of the last page. Executives of A&E who own THC say it is the lemur. The other comments suggest that science is jumping on the pop culture media hype band wagon with hyped ads.

on a side note......... for those who could not figure out what planet is on the second vid. It is earth, the shot taken from above Canada (I know that is why people couldn't figure it out, Canada = invisible)To the left the body of water is Hudson Bay, to the right is Alaska.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
OP needs to put all of the theories of what it could be in a big list.

Here is one to add to it. Maybe they have a living specimen that they have been analyzing?

Polygraph Operator: "I'm going to ask you a series of control questions. Are you currently in a seated position?"

Lemur: "Yes."

Polygraph Operator: "Are you a Lemur?"

Lemur: "My body is."

Polygraph Operator: "Do you feel pain?"

Lemur: "My Body does."

Polygraph Operator: "Are you aware of an impending attack on the planet earth?"

Lemur: ...

Polygraph Operator: "I'll repeat the question."

Lemur: "You shouldn't hype this show."

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
hey....third commercial here......response to 2nd video...."everything is a Lie"

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

now this is entertainment....

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GOTZEUS
hey....third commercial here......response to 2nd video...."everything is a Lie"

He was so excited to post his fake one he misspelled so many things lol.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GOTZEUS

hahaha ... well, the guy used the SAME audio soundtrack from the first video, and did nothing with the background ...

not a good effort ... I wanna see somebody make another soundtrack, create some kind of atmosphere that the second video created ...

if the second video is fake, (I doubt), the guy should be rewarded ...

[edit on 18-5-2009 by Faiol]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BrawleR

What was misspelled? I only saw one typo (missing space). There are fewer typos than the other video we're talking about and the kerning is much improved this time!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The thing is...assuming that History Channel isn't screwing the viewer like it tends to and stays true to the extreme at which it advertises this "revelation"...there isn't very many things it could be in reality. I mean look at the clues...the air we breathe, water, creation, "what if everything you knew was a lie" most important discovery in millions of years & a global event?...i mean assuming like i said...they aren't screwing us...this really leaves quite a slender list of possibilities of what this all means. I will be so done with this channel if it's a let down.

Some people say that if this was huge news it would have leaked by now etc. but i mean if they're saving it...then it's not impossible to keep it under wraps anymore than our belief that for a good chunk of time no one knew a shred of half of the stuff that is now common ground on this very site. Certainly a month of secrecy isn't difficult. I don't know, this all is very confusing.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

hahaha ... well, the guy used the SAME audio soundtrack from the first video, and did nothing with the background ...

not a good effort ... I wanna see somebody make another soundtrack, create some kind of atmosphere that the second video created ...

if the second video is fake, (I doubt), the guy should be rewarded ...

[edit on 18-5-2009 by Faiol]

lol.....im not going to put hours into something to prove a point....I got more important things to do.....now, if I wanted to deceive you guys that would take a few days.....and would be better that the second....vid....sooo far....there are two videos....the first "the one in my vid"....an a second...." she was only a girl but will change everything" or something like that.....right when I saw the video..."everything is a lie"...witch i do agree its possible...that leans to consciousness and the holographic universe...the second I saw that I knew it had to be fake.....I guess its because ive been a video editor for about 2 years now....but i do wish that video is real...just dont come to conclusions so fast....look at the hype this caused...

ohhh now a third from bbc....for the guy asking what symbollls there they are... it means"Fragile" "this side up"....ok, why would they show a scroll if its a "lemur" lol....yeah its ancient all right....ancient ET text.
never mind
Link

[edit on 18-5-2009 by GOTZEUS]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

Yeah, I agree with you.

This reminds me of the Segway hype, only that had a lot more time for people to hype it up. Remember when that was announced? As cool as it was, people were VERY let down by it. I mean, if they hadn't hyped the crap out of it then people would have said: "OMG! That scooter balances all by itself!!! I want one!!!"

Instead, people were upset that it wasn't a hoverboard, or flying car, or personal spacecraft or something else utterly outlandish...

I see a lot of unhappy people on the horizon.

Or maybe this will be viewed as huge news if either:

1) It conclusively proves evolution; and delivers the death blow to creationists.

or

2) It conclusively proves creation; and delivers the death blow to evolution.

I think that us ATSers tend to forget how groundbreaking certain discoveries could be.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by theWCH]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

OMG

that pissed me off more than any other hype in history..

haha.. what a joke.. i mean honestly, its about up to par with the "rascle"

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GOTZEUS

Pretty decent video there Gotzeus... point taken.

There are many situations out there where it gets harder every day to know who or what to trust any more with technology advancing like it is. Unfortunately, it also means looking right past facts because people just won't know what to believe anymore.

Thanks for taking the time to show us both sides.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Yeah, I'll admit, I was one of the people who was disappointed by the Segway. I actually read the patents before the unveiling, but I thought "Nah, this thing couldn't be getting so much hype...it can't be 'IT.'"

I think the Segway is cool, but that marketing hype was not cool.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by theWCH]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by misfitoy

Yeah, I guess all the more reason to go inward....

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by misfitoy

double post

[edit on 18-5-2009 by GOTZEUS]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

w/o getting too off track, cant say that ive ever been on one, but was disappointed, yes for sure...

prob. not as big as a disapp. as this is going to be though lol..

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
This has turned out to be such garbage. I had to finally sign up for this site, after a long time of following ATS, because of this topic. I was so excited about the possibility of something interesting being revealed. I don't care about some lemur that hasn't even actually been scientifically proven to be our ancestor. Thankfully I know not to wait in anticipation for another week for this to come on. Frankly, I will catch it on repeat if I even do watch it because I think they should lose people for trying to screw with everyone. (Whether or not the 2nd commercial is fake, I still think they are letting people down with the 1st one.) Up until a few hours ago, I planned to watch it anyways in hopes of us being misled even after all the evidence that people have come up figuring they could possibly be using it as a cover up to keep the story a secret. Then I found this:

abcnews.go.com...

Now I'm really done with THC.

new topics

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join