It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are allnewsweb.com hurting the credibility of ufology?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by starfemme1
I am going to weigh in on this controversy although I fully expect to be torn to shreds by some of the posters here.

Thanks for weighing in, no tearing shreds here, I wanted open discussion about this subject and I appreciate any and all feedback.

Perhaps friends of ANW do post here to get traffic to their site, perhaps they don’t. But as Azziz pointed out the concern here regarding ANW seems to be a little more than concern for ‘The World of ufology’
It seems to be downright suspicious. Firstly, the anti-ANW crowd have told some downright lies here that can be seen to be such just by reading this thread. It appears that the ‘example’ of plagiarism is in fact the only case of it….a bit of deception to further a cause.

I have told no lies, it doesn't matter if it's 1 or 101 cases of plagiarising, a simple credit where credit is due is all that is needed.

Secondly and what should be far more worrying to all members here is the outright assurances given by the Anti-ANW crowd that ‘don’t you worry children none of any of the stories posted by ANW has a shred, not a shred, of truth to them…none, I assure you. Forget them completely’.

Now where has this been said? You're making quite the assumption saying "The anti-ANW crowd" are saying these things, I certainly haven't said anything of the sort here.

Even after credible sources for the stories are clearly posted for all to see…entire incidents are just dismissed in a way no-one would ever dismiss say, Roswell (which had its genesis in news reports too). What makes them so certain there isn’t a shred of truth to these stories? How do they know and why should I (we) trust them on this?

Because we get threads like this one:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

ANW supposedly has contacts who are connected and "in the know" yet stories like the above mentioned gets thrown out there with reckless abound.

No doubt as part of their smear campaign they will accuse me of being a lackey of ANW. Fine. But it seems to me a co-ordinated attack is underway and it isn’t that innocent and we may be the losers in this.

There is no smear campaign (that I know of).
There is no coordinated attack underway.
And the only losers in all this are the gullible who take what ANW says as gospel.

Perhaps some corners of the UFO world are threatened by ANW; perhaps ANW draws attention away from the well-worn Betty and Barney Hill affairs that make them $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Perhaps indeed...

Point in case: Today ANW put up a story of a UFO seen and filmed in Kashgar. Is it a UFO, it might or might not be. It is pretty good footage anyway-it is hard to see what on earth the anti-ANW could have against such a story (please educate me).....unless.

Unless...What? Big bad dis-info agents out to get them?

Puh-lease!

This worries me, is anyone here brave enough to support my position-I am not so sure?

I'm sure there are people that support your position, same as there are people who support my position

Isn't free will a wonderful thing?

[edit on 13/5/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The owner of the website All News Web is no other than Michael Cohen who claims to be a psychic.
He runs the website in Australia. I wonder if Michael Cohen claims to be a psychic how come he
didn't saw in “his visions” that he was being fooled by Ms Ling with the Shanghai crap as well as
the Lahore pirated video exposed by me here on ATS.

Now the alleged psychic Michael Cohen is expanding his operation with the same crap to other
websites like UFO Casebook, are you listening B.J. Booth? Maybe you should take a look a these
links and open your eyes, you have been fooled too.

Conclusion. Either Michael Cohen “psychic powers” are failing or he is also part of the scam.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit
The owner of the website All News Web is no other than Michael Cohen who claims to be a psychic.
He runs the website in Australia. I wonder if Michael Cohen claims to be a psychic how come he
didn't saw in “his visions” that he was being fooled by Ms Ling with the Shanghai crap as well as
the Lahore pirated video exposed by me here on ATS.

Now the alleged psychic Michael Cohen is expanding his operation with the same crap to other
websites like UFO Casebook, are you listening B.J. Booth? Maybe you should take a look a these
links and open your eyes, you have been fooled too.

Conclusion. Either Michael Cohen “psychic powers” are failing or he is also part of the scam.

In fairness, a newssite that laregely reports on UFOs is going to get things wrong from time to time-surely you cant expect all their UFO stories to be genuine. Pychics also get things wrong. Michael Cohen has said in a number of interviews that he does not in any way mix the two fields and has no interest in any UFO related topic that involves telepathy, meditating and the like.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

.....and obviously some people like him (myself included )-I found this

www.kerrangradio.co.uk...

BTW can anyone download this file-it doesnt work for me.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Many of those sites cater to the converted, so they do not have to act like true journalism. Fact checking, and analysis of the evidence (mostly videos and photos) should be done to determine the validity of such.

Most of the sites usually copy other sites and remove anything that suggests such. The Weekly World News logo being removed from a story that was featured by a thread in ATS had many people believing it. Until the unaltered photograph with said logo was found and shown.

This is the major problem of ufology: No vetting or fact checking. Just take the word for it that it is true.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Yes, what your saying is very true.

In the end it causes more harm than good.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   

This is where you might be mistaken, perhaps you should actually listen to Cohen's interview where he explains this. It is after putting up stories not before that he discovers whether a story is genuine. BTW he openly concedes in a number of interviews that many of his stories are BS, but he doesnt want to throw out possible leads.

Overall I disagree with you-if all UFO stories were subject to the kind of rigorous vetting you mention YOU might miss the real deal. 99% would be vetted out of existence-and the topic would lose momentum....its up to US/YOU to examine the facts. Isnt that more fun. You want Cohen or others to do all the work?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
It appears as though we had a spammer in our midst trying to build traffic for that HOAX site...

As you can see above my post here that spammer is BANNED.

Thanks to ATS Member easynow for doing some great investigative work and thanks to Chadwickus for this thread, it appears as though he nailed it.

Springer...

edit to add: Our own FSME, Internos was critical in the investigations that led to this exposure of this HOAX site trying to build traffic on our backs by spamming their bollocks all over our site. A big THANK YOU to Internos as well.

[edit on 5-29-2009 by Springer]

[edit on 5-30-2009 by Springer]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by starfemme1

All News Web is another news website, much like 'The Sun' and 'Daily Mail' happy to publish stories on UFOs and not to bothered with checking the facts! What is it with the Bitish Media?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Wow , sweet, so if I apply pressure on chemtrails and Chad is saying it is contrails and that I am an 'Cyber Terrorist' then I will get band,or ???

what is up ? next roswell topics are banned due to the two 'fake' retired soon to be dead be old age men sayd there are nothing there but an hide out to scout for russian planes ?

just asking, I think things are going out of hand here, Who is running what ???

I say Chemtrails are REAL and NOT new type of Extraordinary Clouds.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Clearly you've missed the point.

This has nothing to do with chemtrails or Roswell.

I'm not questioning UFO research, I'm questioning ANW.

There is a clear and complete difference there and I can't see how you don't get it.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
And here is the key issue with credibility in the UFO field:

People don't want to, or can't, differentiate between noise and signal.

Whenever you read extreme claims, approach them with an extreme level of skeptical rationality, and you'll be smarter and safer. People who claim to have actual answers are to be questioned, as the UFO topic is so inherently complex, there's no way that ANYONE has the real inside scoop or monopoly on truth. Seriously - look for intellectual honesty. When someone says they saw a UFO, and they immediately attach the term "extraterrestrial" to it, you've now received a signal of their belief system. Many of us who are looking at these areas very carefully will agree that a UFO is indeed unidentified, and there's a good chance it might be from another planet, but we don't KNOW that. There's a possibility that the actual reality might be something far weirder than that - and the longer I speak with the serious, intelligent folks doing actual analytical research in the field, the more I'm convinced that the sourcing behind most of these craft is something so bizarre that we might not even be able to understand it, even if the truth were right in front of our eyes. We don't want to admit it, but we're not as advanced a species as we'd like to think we are - technologically, we're a very young species, and I feel very comfortable stating that what we DON'T know about this universe far, far outweighs what we DO know.

As far as Michael Cohen, his track record appears to be zero, so why would you take anything he types seriously? Does he offer any kind of useful sourcing for his information? Is there any internal logic to his claims? Has anything he's predicted come true? If the answer to these questions is negatory, then you should balance his claims accordingly.

dB

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

when the weekend is all over, I'll join your lynch mob...

sarkozy just might shock the world yet...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

The reality is ANWs' only crime was posting stories that were orginal. We could have easily re-posted stoires that had made the rounds of the UFO blog circuit and played it safe: in hindsight from I regret not doing this.

Admitedly our enemies in the UFO community have almost destroyed our site. It was always assumed that our stories were false simply because they did not appear on UFO Blogs: the reality is these blogs just were not scouring the web in enough detail: our sin was being orginal and going to to foreign media outlets.

The reality is that when we are gone no one will cover, say, Chinese sightings.

And note to moderator: this post is neither 'off topic' nor spam and I see no reason why it should be deleted. we have a right to defend ourselves don't we?

M Cohen

[edit on 17-7-2009 by --1]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by --1

The reality is ANWs' only crime was posting stories that were orginal.

don't you mean.....original FAKE stories

nobody should ever take that website seriously...it's a complete joke

[edit on 17-7-2009 by easynow]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Most of our stories contain the foreign media source. You too should back your claims. Again as for the unsourced stuff, i could defend myself but it might be long-winded.

Basically very little in Ufology is 'sourced' most stuff comes from unsubstantiated whistleblowers: its not as if any really ever produced any concrete VERIFIED government document to back claims. No definitive government video or UFO of any Alien has ever really come to light.

In this way, our unsourced allegations are much the same: however they havent recieved the mountains of 'repetition research' and embellishment that gives a veneer of credibility. That's not saying some of this info isn't true. We simply publish orginal stuff of the same level of credibility. We could simple re-gurgitate Roswell.

Our whistelblowers who choose to remain unidentified are as good as anyones.

When UFO researchers repeat each others stories in a round-robin kind of way the story does'nt get any more credible.

The stuff we are writing about is fairly new and many of our sources are still employed: they would freak out if we named them and we never will betray anyones confidentiality.

M Cohen

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by --1

You too should back your claims

oh believe me i can back it up

if you are Michael Cohen, then you sir where caught Red handed Faking a story about the Paleborn Germany ufo.

read this,

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

You are wrong about that. The Paderborn footage WAS FAKE, we were fooled. It actually was a good fake. The guy that sent it to us claimed to be a young girl: than conceded that the footage was fake. We have pulled that story off the site. When scouring various internet video sites its often hard to know whats real or fake.

Again let me say, clearly many UFO researchers were aware of the mistake we made.

Play it safe: repeat the same old same old and you can't go wrong.

M Cohen

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by --1

you posted a story on your website about a witness that had come forward and was claiming they seen the FAKE CGI ufo !

you also posted a cropped picture from the video and claimed this was a picture from the new witness.

and is this you on youtube ?

www.youtube.com...

because if it is...this video is Garbage and you are putting it out there as a ufo video. it seems you are either completely unable to recognize a Toy in the air or... you will just post anything to get attention

which is it ?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Please research before making allegations:

My quote from the related article:

'My research suggest that real extraterrestrial craft do not use flashing lights. This is probably a kite fitted with lighting but we cannot be certain’.

And I did not post the paderborn video after finding it to be a fake.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join