It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are allnewsweb.com hurting the credibility of ufology?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by stewartw2

.......oops

Chengdu UFO incident
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Chengdu UFO incident was a UFO record in China in 1947. The case was publicised on August 6, 2008.[1][2]

[edit] Event
On July 18, 1947 a farmer was working when he discovered two boxes wrapped in aluminum.[2] The boxes were approximately 1 chǐ long, under the box is a hydrogen ball.[1] The farmer quickly gave the square object to the Sichuan University physics department. At the time the head of the physics department Mr. Cheng Zim-hon (鄭瞻寒) started the research.[1] He decided it was a flying object broken body. On July 26, 1947 the news was reported to the 9th division police department from Sichuan University.[1]

After the university reported to the police, head of the department Li Yi-man (李逸民) went to investigate in person.[2] He said it was a US air measurement device. At the time there were also US airforce stationed in Chengdu.[1]

The police then requested Cheng Zim-hon to draw up some info about the object. The top of the box was made with a plastic of transparent white glass and other instrument-like descriptions. Sichuan province police head Lau Chong-pu (劉崇樸) gave the info to Chongqing telegraph (重慶行轅電報).[2] The report did not mention anything about a "flying object".[1]

[edit] See also
Chi yan teng kong

[edit] References
^ a b c d e f Phoenix Television. "iFeng.com." 成都最早UFO檔案首次揭秘:60年前發現疑似殘骸. Retrieved on 2009-04-30.
^ a b c d Sina.com. "Sina." 成都最早UFO档案首次揭秘:60年前发现疑似残骸. Retrieved on 2009-04-30.
This paranormal-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
This China-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.

news.sina.com.cn...

Now lets hear you say Sina.com isnt MSM or the photo of the file is a hoax (In a govt owned paper)

[edit on 11-5-2009 by stewartw2]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

wheres McKyle???

news.sina.com.cn...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by stewartw2

Now lets hear you say Sina.com isnt MSM or the photo of the file is a hoax (In a govt owned paper)

Umm. I think you need to go back and edit the name of the publication that I was talking about, if you intend to now try and fool the board I ever mentioned Sina.com

Because I never did.

Maybe you need a cup of tea and a lie down.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

What a dishonest reply , I never ever said you mentioned Sina, I merely brought another more reputable source for the story. Concede defeat....fact is I backed up an ANW 'fairytale' with a very reputable source that predates the ANW story

let me again post the link for all to see as you scramble to post away and hide it....news.sina.com.cn...

Don't you have anything better to do than troll? anyone that goes through the posts here will see I never claimed you initially mentioned Sina

By your lies I meant the attempt to claim that the story was made-up and no-one in Chengdu knows of it

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

And funny you still wont concede there might be a story in this-but tell me to go have a cup of tea and lie down

news.sina.com.cn...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

reply to post by mckyle

What a dishonest reply.......

Don't you have anything better to do than troll?.....

By your lies I meant the attempt to claim that the story was made-up and no-one in Chengdu knows of it

I guess you're hoping if you throw enough mud, something will stick - The last refuge of a man down for the count!

China has more than 28 Television stations, with at least that many different news programs. These can all be referred to as MSM, as can the top national and regional newspapers.

Because of the media control in China, the national and international news stories are identical, with just slight variations in the individual reporting.

I watch three news channels, with other western colleagues doing more or less the same - depending on their Chinese-speaking ability.

I'm sorry to say, not one - that is not one - of my colleagues, including me saw any report about this alleged ChengDu incident.

Of course, my ATS colleagues and I knew about the incident to some degree, but our knowledge did not come from any MSM report, because there was none.
Even after asking our various Chinese friends and colleagues, the response was the same:

"never heard of it".

[edit on 11-5-2009 by mckyle]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Of course, my ATS colleagues and I knew about the incident to some degree, but our knowledge did not come from any MSM report, because there was none.

Oh so you have heard of it now.....

news.sina.com.cn...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

reply to post by badmedia

Firstly I have already stated I won't be posting ANW articles here again.
I have also stated that while I am friends with the Guys at ANW I have no working relation with them.
Funnily my issue here is not really ANW. It is a fair few of the posters here and the way they destroy Ufology.
Look at the irritating Avatars of """Free spirit""" and Phage and the guy that claims he lives in Chengdu not to mention Chadwickus. Their whole purpose of being on such forums is to exert some power they lack in the real world................they flame, debunk, criticise, remind people to use the search feature and generally behave like 'forum-nazis'.
The end result is the complete degradation of the board as those that earnestly seek answers flee and the classic 'followers' and 'approval junkies' stay on and support their bullying ways.
I take comfort for being in the minority on this issue...the world is full of followers of bullies.

If you are referring to my avatar as being an "irritating avatar of free spirit", my avatar is the Flower of Life and is nothing at all about free spirit. It is Sacred Geometry and present in just about any religion you can think of.

As for the rest of your post, I have little patience for such hypocrisy.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle
badmedia,

I agree you. I suspect the reason for the appearance of so many ANW links from ATS, is due to deliberate link farming, which of course is a very dishonest thing to be doing, as it only benefits ANW in terms of Google PageRank.

A higher PageRank translates to not only more traffic, but higher quality traffic. In other words: $$$

I think ATS should seriously consider investigating a possible conflict of interests between certain ATS members and ANW.

SEO is a big part of my job. Exactly how I know and recognize it.

I wish i could comment further on that, as I would like to correct on you on a point, but I'd get in trouble if I gave away a secret. I have to avoid the webpage help section on this site for that reason, as I want to by default point out SEO flaws. It's so hard not to help someone when you know they are missing something.

But I will say that I believe they will get more out of the traffic from ATS than help with Google for various reasons. Lets just say ATS has way more traffic than it does good SEO practices as the main reason.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Stewartw2, I can't speak for everyone here but it seems that you're taking the negativity way too seriously.

I will reiterate for you again:

No where did I mention you or any other members by name.

No where did I say for you or anyone else to stop posting stories from --.

I am merely making an observation and airing it on a public forum to bounce these thoughts off of other people.

One would think with the connections ANW supposedly has, their quality of articles would be reflective of this.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

You win!!!

I hereby swear I will never ever post another all news web story here and I will never email them a translation done by anyone on this site-what more can I say.

Please, this is too much-you are right, everything you say is right, I am wrong completely-I am sorry again let me repeat:

I will never ever ever post an ANW story here

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Wow! I'm trying to be forthright with you and you carry on like a pork chop.

For the third time.

I couldn't care less what YOU post!

You are acting like a spoilt brat sticking your fingers in your ears ignoring everything being said.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I will also make this my last post on this website. I will now log out not to return so please do not bother replying. frankly I am rather disgusted with this forum and some of the petty very, very bitter people who post here-goodbye.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I would love to talk to you about this as I am thinking about looking deeper into who is linking to what on ATS.

I was part of an SEO team in NYC for many years, but pulled the pin back 2002, so I imagine the algorithm(s) have changed considerably since then.

I'd love to know what my faux pas was as I still get a kick out of chatting with other SEO's.

If you get a chance, PM me and we can have a chat

Cheers for the heads-up

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Wow! I'm trying to be forthright with you and you carry on like a pork chop...

.....You are acting like a spoilt brat sticking your fingers in your ears ignoring everything being said.

He is also acting like someone who has closer ties to ANW than he is making out. If I am wrong, I apologise. But at the moment, I smell a rat.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

But I will say that I believe they will get more out of the traffic from ATS than help with Google for various reasons. Lets just say ATS has way more traffic than it does good SEO practices as the main reason.

I'm intrigued. I would have guessed that clickthrus at the end would been very low as the ATS traffic is mature - or should I say seasoned and cynical ;-)

Unless they've left something in the tags, then I would have thought ATS would be bleeding.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

Thanks for replying. Makes sense to me. I was under the impression it had happened a bit earlier than 1947. Knowing nothing about the case prior, and only reading on this thread that it was reported by ANW 2 weeks ago..

Anyway, my bad for not looking into it further. I thought this was something recent. Thanks again.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
ATS is the "only" site I visit to keep me updated on all topics. all other websites are - in my view - pretty 2nd rate in my opinion.
But that is only my view

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dedalive

No problem dedalive. Happy to be of assistance

Another thing I think people should take with a grain of salt is that the ChengDu and Sichuan area (ChengDu is the main city of Sichuan Province), is China's 'Area 51'. Nothing could be further from the truth. A little research would make that very clear.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

I am going to weigh in on this controversy although I fully expect to be torn to shreds by some of the posters here.
Perhaps friends of ANW do post here to get traffic to their site, perhaps they don’t. But as Azziz pointed out the concern here regarding ANW seems to be a little more than concern for ‘The World of ufology’
It seems to be downright suspicious. Firstly, the anti-ANW crowd have told some downright lies here that can be seen to be such just by reading this thread. It appears that the ‘example’ of plagiarism is in fact the only case of it….a bit of deception to further a cause.
Secondly and what should be far more worrying to all members here is the outright assurances given by the Anti-ANW crowd that ‘don’t you worry children none of any of the stories posted by ANW has a shred, not a shred, of truth to them…none, I assure you. Forget them completely’.
Even after credible sources for the stories are clearly posted for all to see…entire incidents are just dismissed in a way no-one would ever dismiss say, Roswell (which had its genesis in news reports too). What makes them so certain there isn’t a shred of truth to these stories? How do they know and why should I (we) trust them on this?
No doubt as part of their smear campaign they will accuse me of being a lackey of ANW. Fine. But it seems to me a co-ordinated attack is underway and it isn’t that innocent and we may be the losers in this. Perhaps some corners of the UFO world are threatened by ANW; perhaps ANW draws attention away from the well-worn Betty and Barney Hill affairs that make them $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Point in case: Today ANW put up a story of a UFO seen and filmed in Kashgar. Is it a UFO, it might or might not be. It is pretty good footage anyway-it is hard to see what on earth the anti-ANW could have against such a story (please educate me).....unless.

This worries me, is anyone here brave enough to support my position-I am not so sure?

[edit on 11-5-2009 by starfemme1]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join