It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking The Universe--It Works

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toughiv
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I have a few problems with you theory on how the Universe works. You saying that you ask for certain things everyday and the Universe provides on an average of 30% seems to me to be a misunderstanding. It makes more sense to believe that you yourself are subconciously providing / noticing these things happening.

When something makes sense it is experienced either via physical or mental senses (touch/smell/hear/see)

Imagine planting a seed and then it growing and bearing fruit, so it is with the planting of a spell(cognitive-seed) and the bearing of manifestation(fruition by universe).

How does it work? A nice analogy would be as with computer-programming. You write a program, the computer understands it, and then manifests the activities which you seeded.

So the universe is a computer that can understand you -- or at least it has entities physical and non within it that may be interested in simply serving others.

For example, the car parking space. (mentioned somewhere on the first page). Do you honestly believe that it is reasonable to think that the Universe would provide you with something as trivial as a parking space, or nice weather? To what end? My friend, this Universe is cause and effect.

Yes each of us with a unique perspective have a unique universe, within it we experience cause and effect, one thing we do, effects another thing within our perspective.

Yes, I am drawing upon science, which is not fact I know, but looking at it yourself it makes common sense.

As science will tell you (string theory and relatives), there are an infinite amount of universes, those like ours but with mild variations.
What this means from a practical standpoint is that you can switch from one to another based on minor changes (such as how you think about things).
Hence many of the spiritual community speak of how changing your vibration changes your surroundings (string theory says all is made of vibrating strings) so once you change the vibrations of strings in your body you change the universe in which you reside.
These changes occur with every moment of every day, we experience a cohesive reality through love/bonds, as the earth loves/bonds to us with gravity, our atoms are held together with physical/chemical love-bonds and so on.

I believe it is more reasonable to believe this Universe is a place, a reality of PERFECT balance.

Thats like the static on the television or radio.

Balance of positive and negative. (These being merely labels that we subjectively associate).

I understand that as giving and accepting, though some use it as creating and destroying.

It is a veil of soul making. You yourself learn through experience. You gain wisdom from learning from past mistakes. Mistakes are the misapplication of choice. You are your master, you do project your own reality, but what some people fail to realise, there is an objective reality as well.

By objective reality do you mean "physical reality" that which is loved into cohesian?
Eyewitness reports say that most people have different perspectives on this.
To get good grades in science labs I had to fake my results based on the math text book since experimental results never seemed to be "correct".

This statistic of 30% is MORE LIKELY (I am not saying you are wrong, im just trying to say....its highly improbable and very arbritary) just you choosing to notice those things that you have asked for, and you have come to the conclusion of 30% because so far in your experience, it has just so come about that way.

I agree since in my experience 100% of the things I really want I get -- though usually something even better (like my girlfriend) as that is part of the spell I cast.

continuing...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Think of it this way. You are looking to buy a new car. You choose a new model, you think it looks sporty etc. However, when you are driving that said car, you notice more of them on the roads? Its all psychology, the subconcious mind. I highly suggest you read into this.

In the understanding with vibrations and string theory, you notice the other cars more since now you are of like vibration, so are more likely to interact with universes that have like cars.

Moreover, I say that asking for these things and the Universe and/or Creator providing is arbritary because: if Hitler was to take this personal life philosophy, would you say that the Universe provided him with the right conditions for him to rise to a position of power within Germany, so that he could continue his eugenics etc? No.

Hitler was very confused, and so were we the society that manifested his existence.
In many ways he was beneficial to Europe as he crossed many borders unifying and increasing trade.
The only reason I could find war is of benefit is in creating greater unity. Though there are many alternative routes such as via the internet, trade, travel.

This world (in my personal belief) is about you and I my friend.

About the we with you.

It is about learning from mistakes, as we are not perfect.

What are mistakes?
I looked in the dictionary but it only makes sense within a very limited context -- "gwafra" is not an English word, it would be a mistake to believe it is, though if you use it, define it, and speak in English with it, then it might become an English word.
If something is done differently it can still be correct from a perspective.

To grow through learning, to appreciate our autonomy. To learn to Love in its highest form.

Yes these are the lessons of third density

Sure there are bad people out there, but then I feel there are many contributing reasons.

By bad do you mean destructive?
Well the military gets paid lots of money to be bad -- contributing factor.
A potential solution would be to invest in happy, aware, loving, freeing things.

Instead of trying to ask a higher power (universe/creator) for things and they provide them out of the goodness of their wills,

From the goodness of your will, grant yourself your wish.

living life in the moment with the personal philosophy of being "the best you can be" at all times.

I completely agree.

I know its long winded, very sorry.
Brad

I learned from a guy once that rather than say sorry it is better to say thank you.

you're welcome. :-)

[edit on 14-5-2009 by lowki]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
You know what has become very clear to me about this whole topic?
It's not something you can explain because there are a hundred theories on the "how and why it works". For me it "just works!" and the absolute truth behind it I will most likely never know.
But I think it is a bit more complicated then 'ask and receive", there is a reason why one person gets it all and the next person gets nothing.
The direction I'm going with my thoughts is that it has something to do with choosing the right life path. When your on the right track everything goes well and the Universe responds to your questions. When your not on the right track it's like bumping up a brick wall every time again...
so.... just "follow the white rabbit" and see for yourself where it leads you

[edit on 14/5/2009 by GypsK]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

"how and why it works". For me it "just works!" and the absolute truth behind it I will most likely never know.

yes keep thinking like that please
your never ment to know the answer to the question

or you would the ones asking ! aka you would be god / It

; )

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger

yes keep thinking like that please
your never ment to know the answer to the question

or you would the ones asking ! aka you would be god / It

; )

I don't know about "never ment to...", maybe "not capable to..."

I'm a very curious person, a seeker for truth... "why?" should be my middle name, lol. But eventually I stopped asking certain questions and accepted the not knowing (yet). Answers will come some day but probably after I left this place
In the mean time I'm enjoying It all the way

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

your job is to just be here

our job as humans is to keep life "our life" going.

Man has many questions but the most important question WHY is in fact the answer..

bring humilty to the table understand what life is and how it works and what its is meant for

Life is not about humans but the function of it in our universe

without the function of like there can be no universe as the universe requeirs its own answers

If people understand we are one side of an answer that someone els is asking then you understand the importance of LIFE itself

We have ALL been givin a gift in a very none seflish way but it is required in order for IT to understand itself

we are a reflection of it ..

You see the universe IS a question .. we can not ask a question a question

it leads and in fact will produce INFINITY

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

I've heard that before, or read about it in a book, but I can't remember where or who the author was.
it was in the form of a myth that went something like this, the short version:

once there was a being and it was alone, therefor it didn't know who it was. From the desire to know Itself It devided itself into countless pieces, giving each piece a bit of it's councious (all is one). With that it created duality. It was only by observing each piece from it's own unique viewpoint that it could start to discover itself and grow into infinity.

Where did this story come from? I really can't remember....

anyway, viewing it from this context, then we are all a piece of It/God

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

I think that the story you mention has an arcane tradition, however, it has been referenced in many old books:

13. — As has been shewn, did God exist in entirety yet this cannot be named or written by men for it is a sacred Word. 14. — So did the being of God become the first matter that in eventuality should we be able to ask and ponder the very presence. 15. — By divine manipulation of division was birth given to multiplication and in this do we see the very working of the world about us for does man not multiply by division?

Also...

Now, all good men are tasked to exhalt God the Almighty as The Undifferentiated Power before all things. In that place without age or location, nor substance or measure, neither wet nor dry, neither earth, nor air, nor fire, nor light, nor darkness, God being before all things, in entirety as existence without definition may be described in absolute terms Omnia et Nihil. God was in essence and presence as The All without further discretion, or context, or comparison, that no constraint of measure, or age, or any other quality or quantity known to man may be applied and said to be relevant. For the understanding of man, we may term the nature of this state of being as ignorabimus as it is beyond all knowledge of the created.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for the insightful comments and ideas being presented here. It's nice to see a wide variety.

But I share the disposition of the posters above. The universe simply works. It works differently for all of us, and the truth will probably never really be explained.

~Keeper

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SugarCube

I don't think I've read those texts, thanks for posting.

The one I mean is probably in one of my books, I take a look tomorrow and see if I can find it.

edit: found it, it's the underlying concept of the Donald Walsch books: the conversations with god serie...

[edit on 15/5/2009 by GypsK]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

can you imagine how boring life would be if it wasn't this way? There wouldn't be one experience left to give us the wow!-moments

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The OP asked for personal anecdotes involving asking, believing, and receiving. Whether the target of the interrogatory is God, or The Universe, or The Great Unknown, or a holographic projection, etc., the basic process seems to be that: a question, targeted towards an objective realm or entity, a belief that the objective Thing or Function can listen, and react, and does both for the individual, and a belief that the individual will in fact receive what is asked for.

Whatever your belief system, I believe that it is essential to living to practice the triad, i.e., asking, believing, and receiving. It works. Here's my story:

I was doubting God and/or Jesus. Things were going really badly for me. I was bottoming out, for a variety of reasons. My health, family life, and career were suffering. While moving my stuff out of storage, in my papers I came across a letter from Tina, a friend in college, a letter which I had never read before. My family had placed it in my college things when I was away over the summer before Junior year, and they sold our house and moved. The letter had been forwarded to the new home, and I never got it. I came across it for the first time in 2005, 12 years later. In the letter, the friend gave a heart-felt message of love to me. Because I never received the letter, I never properly responded to her. Basically, life threw me another negative event, but this one was 12 years old -- I felt bad about not responding. I thought about what could have been, had I known about the letter. And that frustrated me. I felt compelled to find out about her, where she was, if she was married, et cetera. I had no way to contact her, and had no idea where she was.

I asked God, Jesus, and/or the angels to bring her back into my life. I had a deep belief in God, but was fed up, and my interrogatory was more of a request for proof of their existence, by giving to me; the specific request to bring her back into my life was incidental. So, I was living near Jackson Hole, Wyoming at the time. Things got really bad for me after I asked. I got in a car accident on the highway, and almost froze to death after I ran off the road and was unconscious. I fractured vertebrae in my back, and things were not good. I ended up back in Florida for a few weeks, and then was compelled to drive to New York City and rent an apartment. I decided to practice law there, and had to pass the Bar exam in order to do so. The plan was to study and get a job. And then, because I was quite manic at the time, I ended up on the roof of my apartment building about 30 stories up on Ash Wednesday, praying to God for a high school roommate who had died near the same time I had almost died in the car accident. The firefighters arrived, thinking that I was planning on jumping, and asked me to go with them. They brought me to the Emergency Room in an ambulance, and sat me in a chair while they waited for the attending physicians. And then, like a whirlwind, from around the corner came Tina, the woman I had asked God to bring into my life -- she was the doctor on call at the Emergency Room that day! Because I was surrounded by police and in handcuffs, I spoke to her with my eyes, to continue on and not stop for me, and that I was ok. I thought I was hallucinating, but I confirmed it was her after I left the hospital. We exchanged email, and shared what we were doing in life. This it could be argued was just an Incredible Coincidence, but the fact that I asked for it, believed in the target and the likelihood of a response, and then received, makes the experience more of a mini-miracle to me. It was a remote statistical likelihood of those events occurring: of me asking, and then winding up in New York from Wyoming via Florida, being on that roof, on that day, and being brought to her hospital out of all the hospitals in the city, on the day she was working. But God has a plan. You see, they released me from the hospital, but I was not in a good place with the mania. Things were very out of control. But because she was at the hospital, I felt that it was a safe place to go, to get better. And so I did go back, checked myself in and got better. I believe this saved me from great tragedy.

It is a complex thing, this God (to me), or Universe, or Emanation, or whatever, and I know that for me the reality is He smiles with Jesus and the angels and saints when they hear my appreciation for and awe of the great power they exhibited in bringing Tina back into my life, in providing me with the existence proof of a Greater One that I so desperately needed, and giving me the strength to go back and get well.

I am lucky, and was blessed during that time. When bottoming, I could have forsaken God, for seemingly forsaking me, but I chose not to. It was a free choice, to reach for God, the Light, from the Deep, rather than let the darkness engulf me.

I pray for you who read this that you will experience what I did, so that you will have faith that God is Perfect, that we are made in his image, and that therefore we are perfect. Choose the light, and reach for it.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
can you imagine how boring life would be if it wasn't this way? There wouldn't be one experience left to give us the wow!-moments

Exactly! ...and that's what we have to keep in mind. All we really have is our intuition telling us that we need to be moving 'up', not 'down'. The thing is, we can only go so high as we have been low. It's how we learn, how we progress.

Perhaps those that suffer a miserable, short-lived, poverty-stricken life will come back re-born to live in absolute bliss, with everything going their way -- in which case they'd probably much better appreciate that life and be a much wiser soul, than for example someone who hasn't (yet) hit 'rock bottom'.

That's why we shouldn't take the term "live life to the fullest" for granted. The more we experience, both good and bad, in this life -- the more (faster) we progress and the more our questions will be answered.

Our reality/existence on this world couldn't be setup any more perfectly to facilitate our spiritual growth. It's only by living through all things thrown at us that we will learn to appreciate it.

There are no coincidences, it's all meant to be. Once this is fully realized, fear no longer exists to hold you back -- and that's where the fun really begins!

[edit on 15/5/09 by Navieko]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Personally, I feel that you cannot "ask and receive". I think this relation you are finding within your daily lives are just a matter of the subconcious. Your subconcious works to make what you desire a reality.

Therefore, if you focus yourself on getting what you truely want, you will eventually get it. Apart from things like winning the lottery.

Also, when it comes to people's health and well-being I cannot answer that question. Personally, I know somebody who was terminally ill of cancer and was supposed to have passed a few days before, if not during the Christmas period.

They felt as if it wouldnt be right of them to pass during a time where everybody is supposed to be together etc. They lived through the Christmas period and died a few days after boxing day.

Personally, I feel the mind is a very powerful tool. While it may be true the Universe is overall conciousness, vibrations etc and that making ourselves vibrate at a different energy levels affect our relation to the Universe, I sincerely believe one person cannot change all aspects of life around them.

To me it is all about perception. One person could have a car accident and be paralyzed from the neck down. Person A may feel that there life is over etc. Person B may feel that they are lucky to be alive!

It is all perspective. Just know what you want in life and aim for it. Plan, organise and work on. That is the way to achieve in life.

There is an objective world. Before I was born Gravity still existed. I never projected my idea of gravity and BHAM it exists or came into existence. There are natural laws to which the Universe abides by.

Brad

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Toughiv]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Personally, I feel that you cannot "ask and receive". I think this relation you are finding within your daily lives are just a matter of the subconcious. Your subconcious works to make what you desire a reality.

hm, that's the discussion, isn't it?

ask and receive, It worked very well for me when I started looking into this, and yes, I was very selfish in what I asked.

one morning I was having a childisch pouting episode over some new cloths I wanted to buy and my husband said I shouldn't. I wanted those cloths so I asked for it.
an hour later, ONE HOUR later, a catalogue mail order company delivered a package at my doorstep, it was meant for a same streetname in another town. Guess what? All clothes, all my size... thank you Universe.

After that I thought I'd ask for some money, I intended a big amount. The same day I was waiting in line on an ATS bank machine, when the woman in front of me left and forgot to take the money, not that much, about 150 euro's. thank you universe...
ok, I ran after the poor woman and gave her back the money, but I kept the cloths

all coincidences? I could go on with my list of "receivings".

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

I am afraid that if this is the case you are being led astray. There is nothing inherently good about you receive material goods. The right path is the way in which you live life, not what you accumulate.

WHY would the Universe answer something so trivial as to give you clothes?

Think about it....money?! At the end of the day what is money? If you were starving and somebody forgot their food I could understand, but money ? :S

Please dont be led astray.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

led astray, by who?

I've been on all kinds of paths and from each one I got valuable experiences. In the end I have to conclude that, in essence, they are all the same. There is only one Universe, call it God if you like, though I don't prefere that term. Good and evil are the same thing, duality is only an illusion, a creation.
Who sais I can't have material things? Who sais I can't be selfish if I wanted to be? Who determines what things I can desire and which I should do without? Not the Universe, It doesn't dictate, it doesn't juge or condamn. We are not talking about organized religion here....

My inner world is all there is it's infinite, it's absolute.
My outer world is merely an illusion. In that illusion I create exactly what I want and ask for what I want... after all it's my creation.

I say it again, I don't know the why and how, I only know it works. And if it works I'm good with it.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

You answer is a very good one. Duality is an illusion. So then, may i ask you there are no opposites? Sadness & Happiness?

Thanks

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Thank you for this awesome thread. All of the posts and discussions have really helped me out the last few days.

My inner turmoil used to be the little guilt trips I'd let myself feel for asking for something. But slowly through my spiritual awakening I have realized that I do deserve what I ask for. We all do. And when my intention is strong in my asking, I get what I want.

I recently went through some changes at work, and was asking for a certain position in the company, I visualized and prayed. I got it, and I even had a vision of one of the owners of the company standing in a doorway of the office I wanted to be in. A couple of months later, I got the position and low and behold one chilly January day, there was the owner, standing in the doorway smiling at me as she asked a question. Same exact scene as in my vision.

Well, now I despise the position. I got it and I can't stand it. Many internal changes were made in the company, not to mention all the layoffs and us that are left are working ourselves to death. So, instead of my having those guilty feelings for asking, receiving, then changing my mind, I am attempting to brush it off and continue to ask for what is right for me.
This is where I am finding it a bit difficult and this is where this thread has been helping me out.

So, thank you OP and all you gifted posters!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

reply to post by GypsK

You answer is a very good one. Duality is an illusion. So then, may i ask you there are no opposites? Sadness & Happiness?

Thanks

Isn't all energy the same? no matter what flavor you give to it?
It's all personal perspective, what makes you happy could make me sad, what's good for me could be bad for you... there are no absolutes here.
Sadness, happiness, emotions that seem opposite, they are perceptions that point to one dot on a line that contains all... actually, even the dot isn't really there because it's so blend into the line that it is one with it...
or at least that is my perception of it, hope I'm still making sense

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join