It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking The Universe--It Works

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

well when IT puts you back here to give a message then you will understand where my mind is..

All life is needed

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by NiNjABackflip

Hi NiNjANackflip, you said:

Hi there! Interesting thread and I love reading about how different each of your belief systems are. I like the idea of being able to ask the universe something but I find it somewhat a selfish idea pestering it for our wants and desires

... but... consider that you are part of the "Universe" or "God" and not an outside entity. In essence, by fulfilling a need of your "own" you are actually fulfilling a need of "God" and so the concept that you are being selfish or pestering is not necessarily applicable. The same way that an itch on the back of your hand asks to be scatched. That little portion of skin is not "you" but just a little part of you but it still feels good all over.

SymmetricAvenger, or is that TheResult? I see that you are still trail-blazing old friend. You have an interesting theory but you need to explain the fundamentals a bit more

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SugarCube

Yeah I love that idea... both of your ideas.. and I applaud you for coming to some form of truth for yourselves... but that is your truth... i have yet to come to that as I will more than likely face billions of moments which will define my beliefs.. and I probably will never figure it out either way. Yours is relative to you and mine to me. I do love your ideas and opinions.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

hey
its so hard iv been on a epic journey lol
but im back!!!

ill try my best here and i know its going to upset a lot of readers but bare with me its a good thing to be upset in a way ...

ok.. goes like this .. when i first came to ats "theresult" i was not me.. well i was but in my head i was brash horrible forcefull but thought i was being something .. then something happend to me that ,,, well it changed my life and my entire look on it..

IT happend lol i died in my sleep now i dont know why i did but if you know me you know i dont lie or say things that mean jack jiggery .. i died in my sleep, i did not see no wacky tunnels or god but i felt life being put back into me "best way i can describe it"

now many posts i made be for this little encounter was always about the LOOP and why the hell we are stuck here "i wanted my own questions answered" ect .. sooo neways

I died.. but i found out something profound and very very disturbing lol

The question we are all asking is the reason why we are here.. now i know that sounds totaly dumb "how can a question be an answer?" well .. in order for you to get answers what do you need? "a question"

the universe is a BIG question "someone or something" aka IT is asking.. now when you think about it.. it gets crappy and deep..

you see WE us! humans are kinda the answer to ITs own questions but it gives rise to something els at the same time.. OUR own questions about why we are here..

Whatever is asking does not care why we ask.. BUT it cares / needs life

think of life as a physical yes / no .. i dont know what side of the equation we are on but im guessing "and yes i am guessing coz i was not told" we are the YES and death is the NO "hence why you cant ask" lol? sounds crazy wait i got more...

When we ask our own questions we infact become the very thing we made from

made in its own image "got that bloody right" lol we ask because IT is asking

its like some crazy merry go round.. now in order for us lot to stay here.. we need to do 2 things

understand the question not the answers .. think about what our function and role is Inside of the question and keep THE question Going in a way that makes another universe

You see in order for our minds to keep going we need to keep asking .. life is ment to be here "even all the crappy bits" but life is not restricted to just humans

its a function! we are a manifestion of the question in that regards we are no different from a tree....

but a tree does not ask why its a tree its just happy being a tree!

We need to be just happy BEING human.. get our # togher and keep the questions going and answers flowing

hard to take in but try dieing its not fun but very interesting!

"DO NOT GO TRY KILL URSELF" i did not ask it just happend....

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

I do have plenty of humility and understand that we are mere lifeforms.. that is why I cannot accept your opinion over another, or accept mine for that matter.. We talk as the universe as a thing when it seems more of an action... more of a verb than a noun. You said it we're humans, an itch on the skin of something infinite.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

we are a function, dont get me wrong here i do not mean humans are exclusive to this club

That is my point here

LIFE is an answer to a question... WE "life" "everthing" that asks a question is doing something we are not getting

everytime you ask a question you are infact answering someone els question

ITS question needs and answer and We "life" provide it..

its not a joke.. when i say what i am "i did not die in my sleep for nothing" i did not ask for this information and certanly did not plan on or wanting to die in my sleep...

the question IS the answer

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Thats odd I've died in a coma 3 years back and was brought back to life... and that is the reason I follow philosophy and question life, or the question as you would call it. It's good to see another living dead out there! Good luck.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

No i do like that idea honestly. It is a great theory. I enjoyed hearing it and it's brought another angle to my search thank you.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

dont question life

it has no answer NONE zip nothing nada

Understand life.. you get every answer ; )

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

You are quite right that each person comes to their own truth concerning their relative status and position in the Universe. However, can we discern some common thread that pervades all of us. During WWI, the men in the trenches all had different feelings about their life; some were shell-shocked and hopeless about the future, some were emboldened by acceptance of their situation to carry on living, regardless.

No matter how each man may have differed, their common thread was that were stuck in a trench in a field with no real understanding of why they were there. Remember the refrain, from Tennyson's Charge of The Light Brigade, "Ours is not to question why, ours is but to do or die".

However, this is the product of human thinking in a human command structure, unconditional service to King and Country. In our service to the Universe and ourselves, there is no restriction on asking, there is no restraint on questioning. That is a universal truth and not subject to definition or context.

You speak a great truth when you say that, "I will more than likely face billions of moments which will define my beliefs" and this is true for all of us. Some people have the ability to absorb the myriad of truths of the world presented to them and to sort them into a coherent view of the Universe. Others listen to the preachings and testimony of claimants of spiritual knowledge and simply assume their beliefs.

However we go about our "questioning", the fact remains that we decide for ourselves what we believe, even in the face of religious absolutism. We all have a choice and that is perhaps the greatest truth that we all can learn. By accepting that we have choice, we accept that we are each individuals with pertinent lives to be lived. We accept that we can define ourselves without having to rely on the good will of others, or conversely, accept the negativity of others.

Often, the process of defining our own beliefs is a product of accepting what we already know to be true, no matter that we spend most of our lives forgetting it.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by SugarCube]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

what you dont like is not the point never has been never will be...

what is the point is you was here for a reason just like my cat...

You me my cat my tree in my garden is all here to answer a question you cant ever get the answer to

because you are not the one asking the question IT is tho
on the flip side

we are the answer ; ) LIFE its essence is the answer enjoy it!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   

now i know why i added you as my friend hehe

I love reading your posts alot

and so much truth flows
i wish i had the abitly to put forth the understanding i have in the way you do so well.

life is not bad right wrong or good its just needed in order for all this to be here you know?

i guess thats why i cry alot
i see people do not understand the very question we are asking but argue over the answer

what is it that binds us all? well its is the very question

One day i hope we all agree the question is the problem not the answers

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Your place in the universe is anwhere.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Yes I understand what both of you are saying.. that we just "are" and that we can only ever "be"...if we consider this then why do we discuss philosophy?.. ss it to change others minds into thinking like us?...It is being human which flaw these ideas... we can only think as far as we can and I am unable to accept any of these ideas as truth no matter how logical it seems..

ps i don't know how you guys can write near perfect essays at this hour.. plenty of caffeine? different time zones? Have a good night.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I would suggest that a basic tenet of NiNja's and Avenger's current beliefs is not dissimiliar, that is, the recognition that the Universe is not an object itself, not in a spiritual sense (excuse the shortening of the names but my fingers get sore...)

Ninja makes the good point that we could view the Universe as a "verb" and this is an interesting concept. I would make the analogy with "money". Money is seen as a "noun", imagine stockpiles of coins and notes, however, the truth is that money does nothing and actually means nothing unless it is being used, being transacted. When latent, when just sitting around, it is simply a concept. Money should be reclassified as a verb.

The same can be said of the Universe, I wholeheartedly agree Ninja. As a physical entity it just sits there, but possibly all of religion assigns a purpose to the Universe, a purpose fulfilled via the action of a verb, of "being". Even science cannot excuse itself from this classification entirely. The action of the orbits of the planets, the burning of the stars, the movements of the galaxies, all are at once a result of physical laws pertaining to motion and conservation of energy, of the effect of gravity, yet, it is only by a trick of time, a snapshot of activity in the process of action that we perceive the natural state of the bodies in motion. The Universe can be seen a a verb, as an action of unknown consequence.

Avenger speaks of not questioning life, but of understanding it to get your answers. This has hidden depths in that by understanding, we get an answer in our own context rather than an answer from the responder's context.

Ask a simple question of another, "what colour is the sky?" and you might get told "blue". However, once we understand that the sky has no colour, that at night we essentially see the blackness of space and during the day we see a refraction of light causing a blue hue, sometimes obscured by cloud, or the fantastical effects of sunlight to cause red, green and purple hues, a canvas upon which the natural world can create masterpieces of light and colour. Understanding gives us a real answer rather than just a constrained reponse denoting a singular colour.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

yes this is key.. you see the question is the most important thing we have to understand here

If you are to get the answers to the questions you already know the answer or you would not in fact be asking it correct?

So we know the very question "or the function of it" is indeed the answer

The universe is a big question life is the answer "or at least one side of it" and i am sure you know what the other side is ; )

When we question "IT" IT gets the answers ; )

so do not ask just understand IT

a question asking a question = infinity

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This post is my personal view based on observation, insight and study. The following is not directed at anyone in particular. Just thoughts stemming from reading the thoughts exchanged herein.

I have to agree that "Asking The Universe" does work. But there is another side to it. There are those who currently have more power than us (while we are in this human form) and they will hinder those individual humans that lean towards a selfless spiritualistic outlook.

Without conscious input the law of probability dictates that over a long enough stretch good and bad things (subjectively speaking) would happen equally. So why does it seem so much bad happens in our world? The simple answer is conscious input.

An analogy would be a lion and a gazelle. The lion has more power. And if the gazelle enters the lion's reality there's a good chance that the lion's reality will win out. It's the same for humans. We are co-creating reality but someone else's reality was here before we got here. Their reality is one of control and enslavement. And they will fight to protect their reality.

It goes deeper and there are plenty of tangents but that's the gist of what I have observed. That doesn't mean we must stay under the heel of those with more power. We are not at the level of a gazelle. With knowledge we can take our power back.

But, unfortunately, there are not enough people at a high enough level of knowledge to change the current world paradigm. Our "leveling up" will be done at the individual level and with those of like mind. It's not the conclusion I wanted to come to but when observing the majority of people it's the only conclusion that aligns with objective reality.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Well, I am very happy that you all have responded to candidly, but let's not loose focus fo the conversation shall we?

I am enjoying everybody's perspective on this matter. An above poster mentioned there being two sides, with some people more capable than others in the general influencing of their path.

This is a true statement. But these people are not more because of divine gifts or a pre-determined advantage. It is only because they have put more time and effort into their spiritual being.

The more you open your mind and become enlightened, converse with your inner self, the more knowledge and experience is attained. This understanding of the spirit is a crucial part of the "Ask The Universe" concept.

~Keeper

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I will agree there, but i think what im trying to say is that asking the universe to give hand outs or favous

does not work.. We can ask every other question but dont ask it to answer your needs or wims

I mean it put you here for a reason, and that reason sure was not to answer you..

Like i said asking the universe some questions is fine.. you like science and other bits n bobs..

but when it comes to asking god for something or praying.. he dont pay any attention

why should he?

We are the masters of our own questions i suggest people understand that very soon be for we are all ASKING to be saved because of our arogance and self pity

HE or IT aint coming to save us... IT has other things to be doing like asking why the hell IT is here

get my drift?, we was made in his images and likeness

Yeah we ask questions and so does god.. gods answer to his questions is LIFE..

and i hate using god, i like IT.. more so coz IT told me thats its name lol

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

You are silly to think that by asking the Universe for anything that I assume I will be given what I ask. That's why most people don't get what they want.

I think you confuse the idea of "god" with the idea of spiritual empowerment. This is completely out of the hands of any religion or created "god" image that man has come up with.

This has nothing to do with God, or a higher power. What I am talking about is the collective energies which govern everything. The energy seen in visions and in meditation.

That collective flow of energy is something that can be manipulated. A thought is a VERY powerful thing. Simply saying a thought outloud, gives it power, gives it an outlet to manifest itself.

This is not for your every day person. Most people will attempt this a fail miserably. It's a path taken by people who believe in meditation and believe in a collective energy, concious or not that governs everything.

You're right when you say the Universe doesn't care, in all honesty it shouln't, it has better things to do. But if you make yourself that "better" thing to do, the energies will respond to your request.

It is something that is very hard to explain, some get it, some don't. I simply wanted to share my experience and hear from those who have attempted the same.

~Keeper

[edit on 5/11/2009 by tothetenthpower]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join