It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel destruction in 14 days?????

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

Despite claims of seeking a new beginning with Iran, the US government has threatened the Tehran government with further unilateral sanctions should potential negotiations over the country's disputed nuclear program fail.

www.presstv.ir...

Nice article from state run Iran TV.

By the way, is Iran in compliance with the UN Resolutions regarding their Nuclear program? Should the rest of the world just ignore that fact?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
Hey - we can do it - but... We have to do it now! ???

Report: Without Russian air defense system, Iran is sitting duck

WASHINGTON —Iran's current air defense umbrella is antiquated and could not stop an Israeli or U.S. strike, a report said. ShareThis

The Center for Strategic and International Studies said Iran's air defense network could be easily penetrated by the air forces of Israel and the United States. The Washington-based center said Iran's aging U.S.- and Russian-origin assets could not intercept Israeli F-15 and F-16 fighters.

- "But Bibi... There is still a small but"...

"Any strike on the Bushehr nuclear reactor will cause the immediate death of thousands of people living in or adjacent to the site, and thousands of subsequent cancer deaths or even up to hundreds of thousands depending on the population density along the contamination plume," the report said.

- But does it matter, we are talking about saving Israel, after all - uh?

Except for a couple of things - the report in your previous post came out before this happened

www.presstv.ir...

Yes Iran HAS the s-300 that is why Israel requested new tech from the States which Obama put a stop to unless the accepted a two state treaty with Palestine which they refused to......

The plume has been acknowledged as going straight over some of the most densely populated areas of India - a situation which the Indian government has stated unequivocally would be considered an act of war which will be met with full scale response - Israel could not take on India any more than it could china (for those that think otherwise please take some time out in reality).

The reality is that the US does not actually know what Russia has supplied them - the Russians are completely pissed at what transpired in Georgia and have made it abundantly clear they will be retaliating in some way - i suspect that the mutual sea border with Iran / Russia has been used more extensively than people think - the relationship which has been developed between Iran/Venezuela and Russia is worth noting as well.
Iran can definitely defend itself short range with TOR, and of course has French defensive capabilities.

I would not be so sure about Iranian capabilities - (either over or underestimating them) - if the Sukhoi deal went through or the j-10 and I suspect both did, along with the s-300 then Israel is going to continue doing what it is now - nothing. If the s-400is in iran then there is real trouble. I suspect that Iran has the s-300 and maybe even the s-400 America knows this and hence the turn around in policy over the past 12 months - even Bush came to the party in the end.

At the end of the day however if Iran was attacked it EASILY has the capabilities to shut down all traffic in the gulf, no question, and that would simply shut down the world economy - the precarious nature of the economy right now would push the world into pandamonium - absolutely no way Israel will attack Iran.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I find this whole thing to be very sad

As I said earlier , it will be the average citizen of Iran and Israel that will suffer if things get out of hand .

I would be willing to bet that all of us don't even know half of the story of what's really going on yet we are so quick to pick sides and through on a jersey .

When I hear it reported on the news that when a " war " is being broadcast live on CNN or one of the other channels pizza deliveries goes way up and in some cases surpassing playoff games and I can't help but wonder what has happened to us ? We have become desensitized to war and if you can believe the madness to this , I have even seen threads posted that think that it's actually possible to win a nuclear war , can you believe that madness ?

In every instance the ending of one war directly leads to the start the next one as per how the first one ended , so how about we try something new this time around ?

Chances are that a lot of people will be hurt if this conflict goes hot and its just sad considering that we most likely don't even know half of the behind the scene story to what's really going on .

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Max_TO]

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

Is this the same as the tech the Russians gave Saddam to defend against the US that worked so well? I think one of the US generals actually said it was a shame they had to reveal that the Russian tech did not hinder them at all. In conventional warfare they stand no chance, it when guerrilla and nuclear warfare are on the table that things get dicey.

About the great Russian anti-ship tech, notice the new pods on the aircraft carriers? Just above the waterline.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cliffjumper68
reply to post by audas

Is this the same as the tech the Russians gave Saddam to defend against the US that worked so well? I think one of the US generals actually said it was a shame they had to reveal that the Russian tech did not hinder them at all. In conventional warfare they stand no chance, it when guerrilla and nuclear warfare are on the table that things get dicey.

About the great Russian anti-ship tech, notice the new pods on the aircraft carriers? Just above the waterline.

Except for the fact you don't know what your talking about - looking forward to you supplying something to back up this ridiculous comment.

Why just post what you "want" things to be rather than going out there and actually researching its just embarassing for you.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

3D, where in the world did you come up with the idea that Russia and China are going to march into and then through Iran?

Iran knows that if either one marches into Iran, they won't be leaving. And that, the Iranians cannot abide by.

No one wants Iran, although the Russians have had their eyes on this territory for centuries. And you think the Iranians don't know that? Look, just because Russia sells things for cash, doesn't mean they take long, warm showers together.

Israel doesn't want Iran. They just want to be left alone.

The US doesn't want Iran. They just want them to join the human race and quit stirring up trouble.

Your idea of the armies or Russia or China crossing thousands of miles is born of ignorance on how armies move. You have a complete ignorance of the logistics involved. You seem to think that these armies can just drive down the roads, where the Iranians will line up and wave as they pass by.

You don't have any idea of following an anticipated line of approach, strung out, over vast distances.

Do you really think they would be allowed to pass unimpeded?

Unimpeded?

They would never get within 500 miles of Israel.

That's a hell of a premise you have there.

Study Varus. Study Rommel.

And learn the principles therein.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by dooper]

I think you seem to have forgotten your history. When Nazi agitators showed up in Iran back in 41 Russia went right into there. Iran is Russia's sensitive under belly just as Mexico is the USAs.

You speak as if this is an impossibility when is has happened before and not even a hundred years ago at that!

And what's this about my armies movements being born on ignorance? The Russians would need only go across the Georgian border. The Chinese would only need use existing paved roads that the Soviets built. Are you living on illusions here? Or is this plan of theirs a little more than you can face without fear?

Won't get within 500 miles? And what the hell is going to stop them? I'll tell you one army that wont.. And that's the IDF.

I'm beginning to believe that Israel is well aware of this contingency plan of a Russo/Sino/Iranian pact as this has kept them from doing anything thus far even with USA backing.

And hey, what do I know? I'm just repeating what Russian Soldiers are telling me... He, he, silly me.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by 3DPrisoner]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
reply to post by Siddharta

Sidd,

The link was posted earlier in this thread.. seriously.

Just to prove the point, here is the link to Presstv.ir for you.
Presstv.ir

Don't get me wrong, I am in no way saying Irans terrorist times is a valid source for news...at all, but it is a second source, none the less.

[edit on 5/4/2009 by mrmonsoon]

A second source to prove the thread-story incorrect is all that link is.

There is not one word on that page mentioning Iran attacking or wiping out Israel.

But then perhaps to a Zionist, defending yourself from Israeli attack is terrorism. Kind of like the guy who once tried to get me arrested because repeated contact with my face had left his knuckles raw and bloody.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 3DPrisoner

You're still missing it.

An easily anticipated line of approach.

Now, what would any idiot do if he sees his enemy coming at him up the sidewalk?

Shake in fear?

Your logistics problem also is still there. For a sufficient force, that's a lot of stuff to move. And see. And anticipate. And attack.

Your Russian soldiers who are friends? I feel confident that they aren't on the planning staff of the Russian military.

This concept is fantasy.

But it would be fun to watch.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
I am sorry I got tyhe days mixed up.

It is to occur between now and may 14th.
It was to be within 11days from the date of the news article.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

No.
That is not correct.

The Iranian General said nothing about any date.

Here is what he said:

If we are subjected to any attack by Israel, I do not think we will need more than 11 days to wipe Israel out of existence.

Not in 11 days we will...

You can see this by viewing the video or reading the transcript

ouch, he never said that after all

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

Here is one...
www.thecuttingedgenews.com...
and another...
www.defensetech.org...
and more...
www.heritage.org...
and the anti-ship missles P-270 or SS-N-22 sunburn...
yarchive.net...
and more...
www.raytheon.com...
This thread is instructive but long...
www.militaryphotos.net...
and that does not even address the new carrier tech I referred to..
and on and on...
doesn't take much to support such a simple known claims.

Point being that Russian countermeasures in the past (GPS Jammers) as deployed during the 2nd gulf war were easily overcome. After you read the above posts I think you will find at least reasonable arguments that the US/ Israeli systems have accounted for current Russian systems.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
My take on all of this leads to the obvious.
If Israel does perform a first strike, it would seem to me they would want to drop an EMP over the industrial areas and take out all the sensitive electronics. Lets face it, if a country like the USA is vunerable to EMP, then I would sure as hell bet that a country like IRAN would be just as vunerable to that sort of damage. That would definately paralyze their day to day stuff not to mention any of their nuclear development. Once Iran realizes what has happened, they would start a response and from there Israel would target those launch points and whatever else they had to offer. I know there's more to it than that, but I really think the first bomb if it ever drops will be an electric one

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MBSCSDD

Not only that, but it's difficult to differentiate between a real warplane and a drone configured to imitate a warplane.

I would expect not only for EMP's to be utilized, but many feints from many directions, for many days, prior to the concentrated point attacks.

Contrary to losing the element of surprise, you just guaranteed it.

And if your air defense missiles are pretty much used up . . .

And then the EMP devices are utilized on the remaining systems . . .

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Alexander used that tactic when entering India. He continued feints until the enemy was distracted and acclimated to it. Then crossed the river and swept in from the northern flank against a divided Indian army. Wouldn't such a maneuver take hours at least from multiple trajectories? That would require help or at least cooperation from neighbors to accomplish. I would expect the massad to soften the targets first though espionage and misdirection. There is no more vulnerable time than directly after a state of high alert. You have excited, worked, stationed everyone, then nothing. Everyone goes home and those left are typically fewer and tired. Do it a few times over and perhaps you have the same effect as Alexander's tactics.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Well said my friend no one wins a war. I hope so much that this doesnt play out to war. It would be such a sad day for us all

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
[edit on 5/4/2009 by Blaine91555]

Sorry got confused with another thread. Mod please delete.

[edit on 5/4/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cliffjumper68

You are absolutely correct. The Hyspades River crossing against Porus. Grant did the identical same thing at Vicksburg.

You react multiple times, day after day, and in a few days, you don't have anything left. You're exhausted.

I'm not suggesting that Israel will do this, but I would.

The nerves fray, the reaction time drops, and when you do react, it's clumsy at best.

As far as cooperation, it wouldn't take much. Besides, the Iraqi's have told us politely to unass their cities.

It's not like Israel is going to have any trouble from the Iraqi Air Force.

And the ground preparation? The Israelis already know more about Iranian assets and weaknesses than the Iranians do.

Canny men, they always find new ways to surprise their enemies by coming along unanticipated lines of expectation, in manners unanticipated, with concentrations unanticipated.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I have seen the Mossad and there is a reason they are respected as the best special ops in the world. I have never studied Grant I will have to look into that.

All that aside I sure hope nothing happens, Irans population is starting to open up and more moderate leaders are challenging Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. It would be great if there were no threat between them.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cliffjumper68

Grant tried frontal assault several times, each time expected, each time turned away. Finally, his army walked south along the Western banks of the Mississippi, he snuck his gunboats past Vicksburg under the cover of darkness, and ferried his army across the river to the south of Vicksburg, while Sherman was making noise to the north of Vicksburg.

Went directly to the railhead, then back to Vicksburg.

Same thing. Misdirection after many feints, and both times, the attack was sudden and from a different direction than anticipated.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Article translated.
Translation German -> English

[edit on 2009/5/5 by reugen]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
Did Iran forget that the US has a whole country full of weapons right next door to them and a whole Persian gulf full of ships. How would Iran go about attacking Israel? I am sure we are tracking every plane that flies anywhere in the Middle East and monitoring every troop movement in the region. Good luck even making it to Israel.

Like Israel have the Jericho type of interballistic missiles i am sure Iran will load their nukes onto something similar. It's MAD - Mutual Assured Destruction.

[edit on 2009/5/5 by reugen]

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join