It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel destruction in 14 days?????

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Well it is the 19 and nothing has happened. Once again the mass amount of responses this thread has collected has just amazed me at the people that will take anything said and run with it like it is truth. Need to do more research before we post stuff like this.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Im sorry but some of the comments ont his thread make me sick.

Some member calling for the destruction and killing of millions of innocent people.
Truly sickening.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
No one wants a war right now.

It's unfortunate that Iran has a government determined to escalate the tension and probability of an outbreak.

It doesn't help the Iranian people funding and arming dissident groups in Gaza and Lebanon. Making every effort to intimidate Israel does not help any Iranian citizens.

They have every opportunity to get on with their business and just keep being tight-lipped about their plans. They can still be an enemy of the US, prepare for war, forge alliances with whoever they want. They might even consider building up their crumbling oil infrastructure and economy.

But the imams and the foaming mouthpiece they've installed keep pushing for some sort of confrontation. They may just be bluffing. But common sense tells you sometimes you can push too hard and too often. One bad move can trigger an irreversible chain reaction. Major wars have started that way.

It's coming down to not what's right or wrong, what's justified and what isn't. It's down to what a handful of Shia imams in charge of a country with 70 million people, vast amounts of oil, and a developing nuclear capability, think is the best move. These people aren't experienced diplomats with an awareness of international politics and history. Their backgrounds are as mosque leaders from a still very tribalistic part of the world.

Not people you want to have the decision making power of life and death for tens of millions.

Mike

[edit on 19-5-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ace High
reply to post by 5seawarrior5

Nuke Iran? Are you serious, a preemptive nuclear strike? C'mon.

I could understand if you were arguing for taking out there nuclear facilities and a few major military bases. Of course, I don't even think that is the correct course of action.

There is only one way to eliminate the extremist Government. We can't invade because their government will go into hiding. A nuclear strike will completely take care of their government. if we nuke, we can fully take care of their government, bombing: their will be less of a chance to eliminate and if we invade theirs even a less chance. When i said nuke Iran I mean use nuclear weapons to eliminate Their government.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5seawarrior5

There is only one way to eliminate the extremist Government. We can't invade because their government will go into hiding. A nuclear strike will completely take care of their government. if we nuke, we can fully take care of their government, bombing: their will be less of a chance to eliminate and if we invade theirs even a less chance. When i said nuke Iran I mean use nuclear weapons to eliminate Their government.

The Iranian regime may be crazy - but they're not stupid. They've gone to great lengths to spread out their program and likely have hidden duplications.

You nuke them at their heart, Tehran, and you kill millions of innocents and leave fallout that will affect millions more. You also risk igniting a worldwide conflagration that cannot be stopped until tens of millions are dead and the fallout destroy whole regions of the globe.

It is a absolutely final consideration only to be used when no other way of settling an ongoing war exists.

And we're not so sure the Iranians are even that much of a threat. Just mouthy.

This isn't science fiction movie plotting, it's talking wide scale mass murder and terrible irreversible destruction.

Mike

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I know only one thing; If I don't want to get blown to bits, I'd better get my own country far away from any others. It's bound to happen with all these nuts around. Atleast I have Christ, the muslims.... well who could be stupid enough to think they'll get a bunch of virgins to screw when they die?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
well it looks like israel is still standing. predictions are only guesses, nothing more, nothing less.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I just checked ...Israel is still there. This Iranian Chief of staff is not to be trusted!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
People, please stop posting saying that the 14 days are up, etc......If you read through the thread you will see that the original quote was mistranslated and taken out of context. The true message was that Iran thinks it can eliminate Israel in 14 days IF Iran is attacked first.

Basically saber rattling and nothing else.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I still don't see why people are dissapointed that millions of innocent people didn't die.

America nuked Hiroshima, i don't call for the destruction of america everyday.

Leave Israel alone.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
all of this just reminds me of a soap opera drama.

completely pointless drama for ratings

you wouldnt even know where iran was on a map unless this guy didnt talk so much.

i remember president obama telling israel to chill it for a while and not do anything without telling us first.

i seriously doubt we will let them nuke iran, and therefore iran has no reason to fight back.

why does everyone in the world hate each other right now anyways.

and seriously, nuking people is no joke. i mean hell lets just blow up the whole planet and then there wont be anyone left to fight.

normally i would say turn them into a giant green tektites, but now that ive been researching these places and their religions, the more that i think that they arent that bad, just misunderstood and scared of what might happen to them.

effectively sabre-rattling like a rattlesnake. "BACK OFF MAN! DONT MAKE ME BITE YOU... DONT DO IT!!! DONT COME CLOSER!! aww crap look what i did, now look what you did back, crap crap crap. should have backed off a long time ago"

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Wow it's been 14 days.

Hmm....perhaps a couple of folks exaggerated? Another case of Y2K.

Perhaps we should change the title to, Iran THINKS it can destroy Israel in 14 days.

~Keeper

[edit on 5/20/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Perhaps we should change the title to, Iran THINKS it can destroy Israel in 14 days.

I'd go for " Israel destruction in 14 days. Or your money back!"

Mike

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

To you and all the others who post the same thing ...

If you reread the title of the post, you will see that there were many question marks after the statement, this, for those who may not understand English very well, means that it is a question and not a statement of fact.

Just saying...

Also, MMichel, or your money back

[edit on 5/21/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seany
reply to post by mrmonsoon

we can hope

we can hope

Well you can hope in one hand and you-know-what in the other. The fact that the moderators of this thread allows a post to remain like this is unacceptable. To wish the total destruction of any nation is unacceptable.

The days going to come where you'll regret you ever said that, promise.

Ahhh cool I just found out this creep was banned. So long sucker.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
So what do people think of this latest news in response to this thread, could Iran just be behind schedual and now they got their missile fixed it may do as it always said it would?

www.reuters.com...

TEHRAN (Reuters) - President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Wednesday Iran had tested a missile that defense analysts say could hit Israel and U.S. bases in the Gulf, a move likely to fuel Western concern about Tehran's nuclear ambitions.
Text

"Iran just keeps going in the wrong direction. We want them to engage with us, to talk about how we can make the region more stable. This is just a step in the wrong direction," the U.S. official said
Text

Ahmadinejad, whose moderate challengers in the June 12 vote accuse him of isolating Iran with his anti-Western speeches, said the country had the power to send any attacker "to hell."
Text

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Or perhaps, "Someone comes up with new hokum reason to call for war on Iran 14 days ago!"

Seriously, it's getting old. Does the saber-rattling ever get boring for these people? Every week, a new reason to call for the total destruction of Iran, and every time it turns out to be bogus.

America needs to find a new way to get an erection. Israel needs to get over not being the sole power in the region.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Oh you know good and well that the "beginning of birth pains" are being felt in Iran's hatred for Israel. It will seem like total destruction is imminent, then wa la, some fabulously darling man (or woman?) is going to save the day, or so people will think. I'm just about ready to get this party started, even though I know cake and punch won't be served. The evil in this world is so overwhelming right now.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
reply to post by The time lord

Oh you know good and well that the "beginning of birth pains" are being felt in Iran's hatred for Israel. It will seem like total destruction is imminent, then wa la, some fabulously darling man (or woman?) is going to save the day, or so people will think. I'm just about ready to get this party started, even though I know cake and punch won't be served. The evil in this world is so overwhelming right now.

Or there could be one big delay because the rise of Babylon Iraq is yet to dictate the money to the world, unless of course Babylon is America and we were all decieved since the Bible keeps saying Babylon would. Or Babylon Iraq is almost co-owned by blood and spirit already so its a joint venture already.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I don't know everything, and I'm often wrong.

But Iran has boxed itself in a corner for now. Unless the price of oil shoots up almost immediately, they're somewhat declawed. Chest beating and streams of press releases of new weapons systems notwithstanding.

In a war of nerves with the US and Israel waiting and watching Iran - who looks like they're ready to crack?

People with big plans usually say very little.

Mike

[edit on 22-5-2009 by mmiichael]

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join