It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel destruction in 14 days?????

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

It's not a problem, no need to apologize, I just don't like seeing misinterpretation of someone's intent and the unnecessary tension between them it can create.

I knew exactly where your angst was coming from, but I'd be willing to bet there are FAR less "jew haters" on here than you would imagine

AB1

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by m4ng4n

Iran's government has gotten "cocky" because we (US,UK etc) don't have any any cash left because of the financial crisis. Over in Iran they're laughing their heads off at the fact that us cutting them off and isolating has in fact protected them from the worst recession for over 60 years. Now they are probably one of the few countries with any spare change left.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

I will venture to say that, having a basic understanding of both anti-Israel AND anti-Arab/anti-Shiite/anti-Iranian as well as the advocates of such, is precisely on topic.

If you can have an understanding of both of those things, then you can intelligently talk about why there may or may NOT be a conflict. Where some of the talk is just posturing yet where there MAY be something to worry about.

I don't think it's off-topic in any way.

AB1

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

I am extending my comments from above to say that Israel is smart enough to get out of a situation if need be, either through determination or some blessing from God against all odds. It is Biblically predicted that 2/3rds of the Jews will be wiped out before the endtimes or before the return of Christ and that will be their biggest threat to their population since their history began. But in the process the nations that do from the Gog and Magog war will perish like Sodam and Gomarra. But even if their casualties will be high they will beat all odds before God says it's enough.

But on the other side of the Coin in Iran, they want to blindfully fullfil prophecy by saying the 12th Iman prophet will come down after a great destruction occurs. Iran may even commit suicide to make it happen so at least Isreal gets the blame and they fulfil Islamic prophecy. We will see how it goes but Bible Prophecy predicts Islamic prophecy as one is trying to fullfil the other.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I have not checked through all 17 pages of responses, but that article from N-TV, which is a legit news organisation in Germany, states that an Iranian general said on Lebanese television that:

"Die Wahrheit ist, dass Israel nicht den Mut hat, uns anzugreifen. Sollten wir einem Angriff unterworfen werden, glaube ich nicht, dass wir mehr als elf Tage benötigen, die Existenz Israels auszulöschen."

Which means...

"The truth is, that Israel doesn´t have the courage to attack us. If however, we were to be attacked, then I believe we wouldn´t need more than eleven days to destroy the Israeli existence ."

Hope this isn´t a repeat and clears the air a bit as to what was really being reported.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by fockewulf190

That is the conclusion we came to using various sources, but you and your knowledge of the language and culture just knocked it out of the park. Thanks. A star for you.

We did need you on page 1 though....

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by fockewulf190

Good job!

I think in one post, you almost closed this thread without moderation privileges lol.

If the only on-topic question is, "will Israel be destroyed in 14 days?" then based upon the OP and the article, the answer is a resounding "No, not unless you believe Iran's claim, and that being if they were attacked right NOW (on May 1st) would they be".

Star for you brother.

AB1

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by tristar

If you want to get really technical, we supported Iran previously, and made Iran the most powerful nation in the ME.

To this day, they still have lots of American planes and equipment, including F-14's.

Just because I do not give a complete renditions of the history of the intricacies of who supported who at what time, does not means any of us here on the thread don't understand history.

You may be surprised to learn that some of us actually lived it.

Dooper if you want to get really technical the fact is that the US support for Iran was actually just support for the puppet leader they had put there using a coup and in doing so destroy an entirely democratic, elected government. Why did the US have this coup? Simply because the Iranians wanted more than 16% of the profits from their oil. So next time get your facts right

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Did anyone try to run a translater like Google's on this page? Heres a qoute from the translation
"The truth is that Israel does not has the courage to attack us. Should we be subjected to an attack, I do not believe that we are more than eleven days need to eradicate the existence of Israel."
Its obvious from this snipet along with the rest of the article that it is never stated that Israel IS going to be destroyed in 11-14 days......only that this is how long it would take for Israel to be destroyed in retaliation of them attacking first.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75
reply to post by mrmonsoon

this is how long it would take for Israel to be destroyed in retaliation of them attacking first.

Best Chris Farley voice: "that's your theory!"

No, but I know you are saying what they said. Still, an interesting theory. It is a wonder, when will this pissing contest go live?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by henry141

You need to get your facts right. We did in fact support the government of Iran which was led by the Shah, and we did indeed at the time, make Iran the most powerful military in the region.

What part of these facts are you having trouble with?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seany
reply to post by Night Watchman

If you are backed into a corner as Iran feels they are ..

They are left with no choice

They have tryed several times to talk

Rhetoric and talk are two different things. "we believe that Isreal should be wiped off the map"is a terrible opening line for "dialougue.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This video shows in no manner any connection of what Iran and its religious agenda with Israel and America being related to any form of nuclear attack or destruction fantasies. They are simply not real, not even if they draw them out for you of what they really mean. Even if they made a cartoon it still does not mean they don't love Israel and the USA. Have a look and see what happens in the video.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
When I started to write here, I thought the original article was wrong and there was no need to quarrel.

Now I think, this thread is totally wrong and everybody should quarrel with each other.

Btw. fockewulf190 did not quote the article, which opened this thread, but the original message.

But who cares anyway? Nobody realized it, I guess.

What do you guys think about those other bad countries? Maybe we can prolong this a little bit.

Edit: Haha! I was wrong! NOW the article says what fokewulf wrote. Reality changes sometimes very quickly! I am even not sure, if I saw that first version myself or if you just made me see it.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Siddharta]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Now who could see a video like that and still believe that they are not calling for violence. Maybe my new friend? Maybe Israels propaganda machine made them do it and faked the Iranian soldiers and dignitaries to make them look bad? Could be done.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

I will consult my cat, since he is an ATS' mod, not me.

I just think the bickering is pointless. If someone has a point to make, make it. But I read much of this thread and there is a lot of butt-sore people who get upset when you talk about their favorite team winning or losing or playing dirty. Even talk of "you are on ignore now!" It's ridiculous.

Israel has all the resources, we (the UNITED STATES) give them billions a year, a blank check to purchase whatever military hardware they want.

Palestinians have rocks to throw, and live in the world's largest open-air prison.

I think it is sad how much is lost in the propaganda machine. I just wish people would stick to the facts and quit attacking each other...wait, my cat is telling me that I am somewhat correct in my assessment...yes, you can be on my lap but watch the claws when I gruff you the way you like it...sorry, different conversation.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cliffjumper68

It all looks like a bit of a school boy fight, the crowd is winding up the haters of a once good friendship only for it to go ahead. It's so bablylon in confusion, no one really knows what they are talking about so in the end the fustration leads the the fight the crowd wants.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Nice Vid, I have one you can watch

It has some interesting things as well

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The author of the article, which is subject of this thread, just changed his article. Somebody announced it here lately.

So there is no more need to fuzz and fight.

Isn't life wonderful?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Night Watchman
I seriously suggest you take a reading comprehension course since I have, not once, advocated an attack on Iran. In fact, quite the contrary. I have stated in this thread that an attack by Israel would serve to strengthen the filthy little pig's hold on the country.

Left to his own devices, he is certain to continue alienating the educated Iranian citizenry and will eventually find himself where he and his extremist friends should be; prison.

I shouldn't be surprised by your inability to comprehend since that seems a to be a common trait among the Israel haters here.

There's nothing wrong with my comprehension. You clearly show a lot of hatred towards Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and most of it is based on propaganda and lies. Whatever you think of the Iranian leader, I very much doubt that Iran would ever launch a pre-emptive attack on Israel. It would be suicide to do so and regardless of what you think of the Iranian leader or the Iranian Mullahs, they are simply not that stupid, nor that crazy. Unfortunately people will continue to buy into the propaganda, but what's new.

I'm certainly no hater of Jews or Israel as a country. Like most people, I'm just sick and fed up with the constant violence and wars in the middle east and as long as hatred and ignorance reigns supreme, then things aren't going to change any time soon. Peace!

[edit on 5-5-2009 by kindred]

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join