It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what happens when the WHO Declares a pandemic level 6?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Swine flue;

You have a better chance of drowning then you do of dieing from this flu.

You have a better chance of winning the lottery.

You have a better chance of getting struck by lightening.

And most important, you have an incredible chance of simply recovering from it then you do of dieing from it.

You have a better chance of catching TB, VD, HIV or AIDS.

How come the WHO isn't issuing pandemic alerts on THAT stuff? Hhmmm.....

This extreme reaction, in spite of all the other medical disasters that are worse BY FAR, tells me that something is in fact coming.

Something that will make us all very sick.

And it AIN'T the flu!

Edit to add: What concerns me is NOT the swine flu. I am more concerned about everyone's desire to panic about it. The media has been begging and pleading for a pandemic for years. They have run out of patience so it looks like they are just going to select this random illness from a hat and run with it.

Remember the village idiot that cried wolf all the time? The threat wasn't the wolf. It was that idiot kid who was freaking everybody out.

The media and the WHO are the village idiots in this little play. And when there is a real pandemic, we'll all be less likely to believe it because of these pro-doomsday idiots.

More people will die from panic over swine flu then will die from swine flu itself.

[edit on 4/30/2009 by Genfinity]

[edit on 4/30/2009 by Genfinity]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Chance321]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

What concerns me is that prior to my child going to Kindergarten in September. The school required him to get a chicken pox vaccination. This caused a severe full blown case of chicken pox. The doctor said it was rare but happens.

I have always been healthy. 4 years ago I decided to get a flu shot. I must have caught every cold and flu in the book that year. It still doesnt make sense.

Homeland security warned businesses to prepare for an economic fiasco. Warning them to make back up plans for parents who wont go to work if their child's school is closed.

Yes this will cause a lot of economic problems. New York alone shutting down for a day would cost billions. Figure 50 states for 2 weeks and we have a problem.

This doesnt take in to account the people unable to earn their paycheck to pay the mortgage and credit card payments. Another bubble burst?

What are the odds that a new, hybrid flu hits during the worse recession, since the great Depression?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Genfinity

Developing countries that will be infected with this virus will have higher rates of death due to their inefficiency of dealing with pandemic.

Most of these countries like Mexico were no prepared for this type of emergency.

A global pandemic pushing will release money from more affluent nations to other nations to help them economically.

US happen to be one of those countries that takes very seriously the flu season yearly, people gets vaccinated in big numbers for the seasonal flu.

The symptoms of the swain flu are about the same as the regular flu, so the regular flu vaccine on somebody healthy will help alleviate the symptoms.

That is why so far in the US is not deaths popping every where and most people that actually have the swain flu are recovering.

Still the very elderly and very young will be targets just like they do when is seasonal flu.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by marg6043

God, couldnt agree more with this statement.

I would equate this to

Common Flu = Stage 5 World Catastrophe Meltdown

This is all BS IMO, and this is a push for **** UNI Healthcare in USA ****

This is my thinking as well. This is an Obama agenda to push Socialized Healthcare through. Watch the bills. The government is very savy at the David Copperfield bit. Look at this hand, ooooh aaaaah magic. You never see it coming from the other hand. A blind smack in the eye!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Still the very elderly and very young will be targets just like they do when is seasonal flu.

I thought this one was going to be like the spanish flu. Kind of turns your immune system against you and thus most dead will be 10-40 yo.

But it clearly didn't happen. This strain isn't very potent. if it was we would have seen thousands and thousands of dead already.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by rhinoceros]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Meanwhile at the Bat Cave...
I just ran accross this article on the local news site. Their are a few comments that make you think, 'huh'. Dr. Lindsey is a pediatrician and he talks about how the 70's vaccine could never happen today the way it did then. Then goes on to stroke the governments ego by praising them.

KTVB NEWS in BOISE ID

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

weell the UK is ready for full on lockdown..

borders closed,all flight to anywhere cancelled,all ports closed, all gatherings cancelled, major events suspended/cancelled, anti virals being sent out,leaflets being sent out, masks ready to be sent and curfew in your homes...

if this thing isnt a test and IS the real deal that we all have discussed for months..seems the NWO couldnt wait anymore.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This is how they, "NWO crowd", are going to kick off their plans (besides the economic depression). There is no reason to have to "hype" a "fake" flu when you can just make the real thing and kill 7% (21mil US) and make everyone scared %^&#less begging for their "vaccine" that will probably kill them a year or two down the road and demanding quarantine camps for the rest.

All going according to plan I see.

The economy and the dollar are @#$&ed when this gets going good.

did I hear someone say "summer of hell"?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2 cents
This is how they, "NWO crowd", are going to kick off their plans (besides the economic depression). There is no reason to have to "hype" a "fake" flu when you can just make the real thing and kill 7% (21mil US) and make everyone scared %^&#less begging for their "vaccine" that will probably kill them a year or two down the road and demanding quarantine camps for the rest.

All going according to plan I see.

The economy and the dollar are @#$&ed when this gets going good.

did I hear someone say "summer of hell"?

So why is it that people aren't dying?

This strain is not very potent, dude..

[edit on 30-4-2009 by rhinoceros]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

Give it time.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Level 6, would be nightmarish.

Look for skeptics, and the believers of the Government, doing some smart business for once.. Level 5 was declared to slow this spread down, to buy some time to figure this virus out. What if their are phases of sickness people. First sniffles fever lay in bed for awhile, get better. Week later get sick again and its life threatening. ETC. ETC. They don't know the principals of this virus. Really or the make up. AS far as government officials trying to pull a agenda out by this, I don't give my government that much credit. History repeats itself, spanish flu, is what is freaking the WHO, out. In my humble opinion.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

Yes that was the first impression, that is why I in the beginning was worry about the strain of this flu and its implications like many others.

But as more people gets sick and many seems to recuperate the stakes are changing.

Because for what I have read this virus is fairly new strain is going to take more infected to see how it will affect individuals, remember what can kill you no necessarily can kill me.

But so far I go with the fatality numbers, so far in Mexico no so high as per reported, here in the US only few cases of the real swain flu, and one fatality of a baby that came sick across the border.

So in the US is a very well vaccinated nation, so perhaps our bodies will be able to fight this new strain and just will become another flu type for the next coming seasons.

Still it can mutate along the line and be worst next year but hey we got it, we just have to learn to live with it just like we do with regular seasonal flu that is actually fatal to some every year.

We don't have a cure for the seasonal flu or for cold all we have is prevention.

I will not say that this flu may affect badly but this something we as humans have to learn to deal with.

What I will hate is to have a new flu strain that will be hitting us during the summer and not only during the winter.

Remember the body will start making antibodies for this strain eventually.[

[edit on 30-4-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Adrifter

About two seasons ago I developed the flu blown seasonal flu, after the required two weeks of rest I recuperated to come down again with what felt like the flu again.

This time I had bronchitis, this are the problems with flu, you get the first wave but the various complications is what can kill you after that if you are not careful.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I agree with Marge 36,000 people a year die of the flu and you don't hear about it but here in the states when one person comes down with this Swine Flu they redden an entire state so when you look at the map they put up it looks like thousands of people in all these states and Countries are dead.

They are causing panic and WHO is as bad as the UN.

Sounds like they are trying to collapse the economy and put fear and panic in everyone.

Remember it's not even Flu Season and they haven't located a bird or swine with this disease???????? I think it will pass soon and this is the precursosr to get everyone in a panic to get the Flu shot in the fall and all I can think is I wonder what is going to be in that Flu shot.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

36,000 is 0.012% of the US population.

IF, this thing even has a 1% kill rate and only 25% of the population gets it in 1 year then 3/4 of a million (750,000) people could die in 1 year in the US.

that tsunami killed 250,000.

This could be significantly worse than the common flu. If 36,000 die from a regular flu annualy imagine how many could die from something more severe.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
We can sit here all day debating weather or not this is going to kill people or just make us sick. IMO the best thing we can do is chill out, eat healthy, and keep clean.First things first, if you are stressing over this you are heightening your chances of picking it up. Stress is a big factor in what causes the flu.. So calm down

Second, if we all eat right and stay clean, it will decrease the chances of us picking the regular flu up during flu season here in the U.S... Think of it as precautionary measures at best..Maybe we can kill two birds with one stone on this one.

Now, this may seem crazy to some, but I really think this "Swine Flu" has been in the U.S for a while now. I got sick in March and it was terrible. All of the symptoms they described I was being affected by. I never had a flu shot because the flu was never an issue for me, but whatever I had, it was taking a serious toll on me. Plus, my grandmother ended up catching it.. and guess what she came down with.. Pneumonia
There is a chance that myself, along with thousands of other people already had this thing, and that means that we have an immunity to it.

The people that are getting it early may be the lucky ones. If this flu is going to get worse, they are in the safe zone.. Try to think on the bright side guys

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

My girlfriend, her mother and me are just now recovering from a really bad spring time cold that lasted its typical time of about 2 weeks.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 2 cents

What I had lasted from Feb. 27th till about March 4th. I remember because we went on vacation to FL and I came down with it about 2 days after we left on the 25th.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

that cracked me up this morning

I'll have to make sure my avatars upgrade their veils to 3m or full fledged gas masks soon.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join