It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what happens when the WHO Declares a pandemic level 6?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
lol my god are there some mislead people. people never stop surprising me. first if this swine flu was as big a deal as they say it was, you wouldnt have heard about it all over the news, the cdc, and other first responders would of been all over this. for example look up the ebola that spread throughout africa years ago. did you hear the message of death from ebola all over the news? i for one did not!! no they went into to africa with full chemical suits, unlike the reporters that found swine victim #0. i wouldnt be writing to people about this as it has every thing to do about marshal law!! yes you heard it MARSHAL LAW!!!! LEVEL 6 SHUTS DOWN EVERYTHING. so you out there thinking we should shut everything down plz, people do some research. nothing like the blind leading the blind, hear in this forum

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Pandemic Level 6

This would mean ....

ALLOT MORE DIARRHEA

In the States where many of us have Lysol, Thera Flu and even Bacterial and Germ resistant Kitchen counter tops complications may arise from going out to crowded night clubs or busy offices where the Flu Might actually be caught... this will of course lead to some people actually catching this and thus at pandemic level 6 in the States... we will see:

ALLOT MORE DIARRHEA

Potential Pepto Bismal shortages might happen and potential TP shortages as well

In order to avoid panic, super markets MAY need to recommend using Coffee Filters in the place of Charmin AND a security guard Might need to be posted.

In the event, without National health care people can't afford a Humidifier, Vicks Vapor Rub or Garlic, the National Guard might come to their homes in order to lock them in the Bathroom for a Half hr with the water on HOT steaming up the room.

If people resist they will be told to immediately go get some bedrest

Many Americans might have to borrow 200.00 bucks from their parents in order to pay the rent because they could miss 2-3 days of work and be unable to make the payment on their SUV on time.

Pandemic level 6 in the USA will mean all of us will have top SHARE this burden, of rough toilet paper we might not normally use, sleeping for a few days and Emotionally coping with having to return to work after several days of Chicken Soup and sponge Bob...

Oh Yeah

The population of the 3rd world might get cut in half while we have ALLOT OF DIARRHEA and have to drink Electrolytes which we have by the Giga Gallon everywhere

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by tatersalad

I'm glad you mentioned that. I was thinking the same thing when I was watching CNN. Gupta and the other guy that have been reporting on the flu in Mexico do not have masks on, and they are in the middle of the Pandemic! A couple of times Gupta had the mask down around his neck, but the other guy NEVER has a mask..

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by WyrdeOne

I agree wholeheartedly.

According to the CDC, 36,000 people anually die from flu-related illness.

source

And we are sweating over these mild infections and less than 1000 deaths?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by tatersalad
lol my god are there some mislead people. people never stop surprising me. first if this swine flu was as big a deal as they say it was, you wouldnt have heard about it all over the news, the cdc,

Come to think of it it Ive seen nothing about H1N1 int he news nothing

Seriously though do I need to drag all those URL's for you to see

news.search.yahoo.com...

We may be rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic but we are at least talking about it eh?
If its much to do about nothing then we can all go back to whatever it we do to occupy our time, if its real, many have a head start on things as it were. What could be wrong about that?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Gupta only had the mask because he was going to a Rave afterward and wanted a cool pig flu virus rave trip toy...

Seriously, he loves Bhangra

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by hotrodturbo7

Yes but you are talking over a season and we are talking about a few weeks. Nor are we talking about transmssion model that seems to be alot more rapid.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tooheyspew

I checked out your site and I do think someone is playing a practical joke on you. You cant conceal something that big. Expecially with the internet, cell phones etc.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

He was actually sitting next to a pig with his arm around it with no mask on. Thats why I can't really be bothered with all the media hype, they are to contradicting. If they raise it to a Level 6 I will be very surprised... Prepared, but surprised. And if they do raise it, then they should def. change the name IMO. I can't roll with it being called the Swine Flu when we have Doctors down in Mexico hugging pigs with no mask or gloves. Plus, they said it was okay to eat pigs, so to me that means its NOT the pigs! When we had the bird flu we were told to be cautious with bird eating, mad cow was the same thing. Now we have Swine Flu and its okay to eat pig?? I'll pass, thanks.

From what I hear a Level 6 means my husband will be out of work for a while since his job is not "necessary". I wonder what unemployment would look like after that kind of hit.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I've thought long and hard about ALL events that have been taking place since Sept. 08, when our economy was on the "Verg of collapse"..
Last night after hearing that the so called Swine flu level had been raised to level 5, it raised both my eyebrows..WHY???
There were many more cases last year, and other years, of the bird flu, and other types of virus's, and yet they didnt raise it to a level 5...
Why NOW??? Its SIMPLE...
Lets look at the economy...Not only ours but around the world..it's not good at all, many say "on the brink of collapse.."
What happens when a collapse occurs? "We the people" make a run on the banks, a run on the grocery stores, take to the streets, riots occur, chaos fills the streets...Not only would that happen here in the USA, but since the economy is struggling around the globe, a global crash would occur..Chaos would take over the globe..HOW would Goverments around the globe control thier population?????
They control the population by raising a SIMPLE flu threat to a level that mandates quarenteens, curfews, and marshal law...A Level 6..
I believe that our goverment as well as other Goverments, knew months ago that our economy and thiers, would collapse. They used baliouts and tarps, just to prop up the scene, like one would do in a movie studio, to give the illusion that all was under control, in order to keep the people under control..
NOW, our economy is on the brink, as are other countries, and the money has run out, the solutions have run out..
The PANDEMIC is not the flu illusion, the PANDEMIC is global economies are crashing...
So when the crash occurs, how will they keep the people under control???
They will create a pandemic, raise it to level 6, which keeps everyone in quarenteen, off the streets, in thier homes or in FEMA camps, then Goverments around the world, get out of being blamed for the economic collapse...HOW?? By blaming the collapse on the PANDEMIC....
That is what I believe is occuring...and people better start rolling this SIMPLE theory around in thier heads...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Most confirmed and suspected cases of H1N1 Flu in the U.S. remain relatively mild. The CDC has not confirmed any deaths related to H1N1 in the U.S.

Until this changes, I think there is waaaay too much ado over nothing.

The regular flu moves just as fast, and just as globally, and also transfers person-to-person. Aside from the irregularity of Mexico proper, this would be considered in fact, a very mild flu. Certainly nothing to get up in arms over.

I'm fine with agencies getting overly cautious. If that's what they want to do, that's great. But I think the panic level of people is just well out of proportion for what it should be, considering the effects so far.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
It's all over...just had reports about it showing up here in Wisconsin, with school closings, etc. Most college campuses that had departmental trips to Mexico have been canceled.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by danj3ris
People have to realize this is a pandemic Level 5 about a flu virus. It is a flu, it has the symptoms of a flu, it requires bed rest and soup and orange juice like the flu, makes you call out sick from work or miss school for a few days like the flu, and eventually goes away like the flu.

The reason for the hullabaloo is because it is a flu virus that can be spread via human or animal, which makes it even easier to catch. How easy is it to catch? It jumped from Mexico to multiple states in the U.S. because people travel. It is just as lethal as the flu I had two months ago with probably the same chances as causing death, but since the chances of catching it are higher, the chances of it finding someone who won't survive it are higher too.

It's a great story for the msm to cover and they'd all love to one-up each other by getting the first scoop of a death that occurs. So I'm warning you now, you WILL hear news about a swine flu death, you WILL see the same blurb about it passing along the ticker at the bottom of the screen over and over, and drug companies that produce flu treatment medication WILL love every second of it as they make some money.

By the way, this too WILL pass. Be happy it isn't a pandemic level 5 issued over Ebola, or Kuru.

You are wrong.... It is a flu, meaning it is a strain of flu virus.

It is not, a common cold.

It has a mortality rate of 10%.

Common cold may cause death in 30,000 cases a year, but there are tens if not hundreds of millions infected, that's fractions of a percent mortality rate.

If you even have ten million people infected with this virus, you will have atleast a million deaths, and with the potential for billions world wide to be infected, you're talking the possibility for hundreds of millions to die.

THAT is what the BIG DEAL is......

Jaden

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden

Originally posted by danj3ris
People have to realize this is a pandemic Level 5 about a flu virus. It is a flu, it has the symptoms of a flu, it requires bed rest and soup and orange juice like the flu, makes you call out sick from work or miss school for a few days like the flu, and eventually goes away like the flu.

The reason for the hullabaloo is because it is a flu virus that can be spread via human or animal, which makes it even easier to catch. How easy is it to catch? It jumped from Mexico to multiple states in the U.S. because people travel. It is just as lethal as the flu I had two months ago with probably the same chances as causing death, but since the chances of catching it are higher, the chances of it finding someone who won't survive it are higher too.

It's a great story for the msm to cover and they'd all love to one-up each other by getting the first scoop of a death that occurs. So I'm warning you now, you WILL hear news about a swine flu death, you WILL see the same blurb about it passing along the ticker at the bottom of the screen over and over, and drug companies that produce flu treatment medication WILL love every second of it as they make some money.

By the way, this too WILL pass. Be happy it isn't a pandemic level 5 issued over Ebola, or Kuru.

You are wrong.... It is a flu, meaning it is a strain of flu virus.

It is not, a common cold.

It has a mortality rate of 10%.

Common cold may cause death in 30,000 cases a year, but there are tens if not hundreds of millions infected, that's fractions of a percent mortality rate.

If you even have ten million people infected with this virus, you will have atleast a million deaths, and with the potential for billions world wide to be infected, you're talking the possibility for hundreds of millions to die.

THAT is what the BIG DEAL is......

Jaden

I would like to hear more about the 10% death rate.
How do you get those numbers? Based on what?
Please do nopt desinform! Confirm your numbers twice before using them as a messure.
According to the who www.who.int...

You have 1 death out of 91 infections (death mexican girl in texas i think) that is about 1%
In mexico you have 26 infections and 7 deaths..
Total is 148 infections confirmed and 8 deaths...far from 10% rate..more like 5%.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by gusan]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by danj3ris

It is a flu virus but not one that humans' immune systems have been able to become acclimated to. With a new strain more people die from dehydration or respiratory failure than usual, that is the problem. Over successive outbreaks humans do start to build up resistance thorugh exposure and weakening of the virus of itself. Those us of with autoimmune conditions are really hoping they are hyping this up because it will be final curtain call for a lot of us if it is true.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Our local news had a brief story about authorities putting plans together in the event that they would need to shut down travel through certain counties and prohibiting interstate straffic.

Does anyone wonder if this was bio engineered to squelch the violance in Mexico?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melissa101
In my personal opinion the best thing to do right now is shut everything down for 7 to 14 days. People should stay home, schools should close and only people with dire emergencies should be out. I am scared noe because the flu has now hit my state. It was just on the 10:00pm news that a confirmed case has been found in Tennessee and Alabama. This thing is spreading like fire and the CDC says they expect deaths. At what point does the government say enough is enough. How many people have to become sick or die before they do issue a shut down? I do not want to send my daughter to school. Am I over reacting? Or do others feel the same way?

I think you're WAY overreacting. Fact is, every year, JUST in Texas, 3,000 people die of influenza; in the whole U.S. it's 36,000. If you want to avoid any kind of danger, you have to build yourself a sterile underground bunker and raise your children down there.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Genfinity

Remember the village idiot that cried wolf all the time? The threat wasn't the wolf. It was that idiot kid who was freaking everybody out.

The media and the WHO are the village idiots in this little play. And when there is a real pandemic, we'll all be less likely to believe it because of these pro-doomsday idiots.

The trouble is that virus` are rather incompetent replicators, in that they often mutate.
So 6 months from now this Swine Flu might return to the U.S.A ,after backpacking its way through Europe & Asia ........ & hopefully it will not of mixed with any other virus` "on tour".

Its the human to human element of this virus that has the health officals worried i`d imagine . And though the mortality rate is not large , it may not stay that way . Virus` are not static entities .

This may not be " the wolf"
..................................but the wolf is out there .

As history has shown , these things are just too serious to ignore.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TamtammyMacx

That is an interesting theory, from both the American and Mexican views. Not to mention it's a cheap if cruel way to reduce their massive overpopulation problem, this is a country that does not promote contraception.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join