It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force One Backup Rattles New York Nerves

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Meanwhile back at the Pentagon......

You want to Fly a 747 so low you can see the Emergency stickers on the
doors !

You want to have it chased by a couple of F16s !

You want to do it over New York !

You don't want to warn anyone first of the Exercise !

Nope, can't anything wrong with that, Approved.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I have found the site concerned.

Obama Plane Shoot Down Scare

You have to scroll down a little bit, but its all there. If they had shot down AF!, what would the Russians and Chinese have done? And with what authority did they have to order the Pentagon to "stand down"?

Answers on a postcard please....

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Do you think that much the same as the Bush administration, that once the guy is in they allow the president to make a few decisions that bring some trust and hope to the people, then they make out the government are stupid by creating very odd and embarassing situations for the president, so it could be a way to remind the president who actually is in power, or in doing so the people then begin to have less trust in the president, and then they can bring in some very dubious and questionable policies in and its a case of, that STUPID BUSH, that STUPID OBAMA is at it again look, and the whole thing is painted as a gaff but it sticks, rather than an intelligent decison, which would bring about discussion and debate from the people.

I nearly lost myself then, i had to read it myself 3 times as i was typing.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Again - we're missing the point:

How much does it cost to fly AF1 and 2 F16's around for a few hours? THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS.

And for what? A photo op? Aimed at doing what?

Once again, Obama and his croanies need reminding we're in a credit crunch. That photo shoot could have been another $20,000 back in the pot to help people struggling to make ends meet.

$20,000 would prob bail most people out of their mortgage arrears. If I were in that situation I'd be sickened by this.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
The best way to get your money back is to fly Air Force One, and seel tickets off. All money to be donated to GreenPeace

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dutty_Rag

How much does it cost to fly AF1 and 2 F16's around for a few hours? THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS.

Once again, Obama and his croanies need reminding we're in a credit crunch. That photo shoot could have been another $20,000 back in the pot to help people struggling to make ends meet.

$20,000 would prob bail most people out of their mortgage arrears. If I were in that situation I'd be sickened by this.

Yeah but if they integrated it into a training flight it might not cost anything above normal. And if you think this is bad then look at this.

img93.imageshack.us...

In Australia we once had a B-52 fly all the way from Guam to do a couple of fly-pasts at an airshow that only had light aircraft and a grass runway.... I think the main issue was it caused panic in a city that probably resulted in more than 20,000$ in losses.

[edit on 28/4/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz

Yeah but if they integrated it into a training flight it might not cost anything above normal. And if you think this is bad then look at this.

img93.imageshack.us...

In Australia we once had a B-52 fly all the way from Guam to do a couple of fly-pasts at an airshow that only had light aircraft and a grass runway.... I think the main issue was it caused panic in a city that probably resulted in more than 20,000$ in losses.

Yeah there's no denying this was a BAD decision...

I have serious concerns with both ths US and UK administrations and the cost they incur at a time like this.

For instance - why not just run one 747 rather than two? The answer is obvious - but the saving would be massive - as it would if Obama ditched that ridiculous limo and stopped having it flown around the world with him. Or stopped having to fly 7 chefs with him wherever he goes...

I'm not an Obama-hater - but I think as someone with the kind of messages he preaches, he should be seriously considering cutting back costs, massively.

Why does he need seven PERSONAL chefs? That's ridiculous. If these were fair weather times I'm all for the guy with the most difficult job in the world having some luxuries - but now's not the time.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz
And if you think this is bad then look at this.

img93.imageshack.us...

OMG and check out the photo they took - the airforce photographer couldn't even frame the shot up right!

This is ridiculous - what would they be training for there? Independence day?

I say cut back military funding by 90% and give the money to Bill O'Riely

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
And to the idiot flying that plane -- did it even occur to you that GEE, this might bring back some memories and scare the hell out of these people?

### idiots.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Asherah

Well I guess to be fair he was just following orders - IDK where this order came from. Probably the black dude in the white house.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Asherah

Well I guess to be fair he was just following orders - IDK where this order came from. Probably the black dude in the white house.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

For instance - why not just run one 747 rather than two? The answer is obvious - but the saving would be massive - as it would if Obama ditched that ridiculous limo and stopped having it flown around the world with him. Or stopped having to fly 7 chefs with him wherever he goes...

I'm not an Obama-hater - but I think as someone with the kind of messages he preaches, he should be seriously considering cutting back costs, massively.

Why does he need seven PERSONAL chefs? That's ridiculous. If these were fair weather times I'm all for the guy with the most difficult job in the world having some luxuries - but now's not the time.

$20,000 in the federal budget is nothing. It's like a dime in Bill Gate's piggy bank. The limo is ridiculous ? Do you know how many US Presidents have been assassinated or had attempted assassinations against them ? Same goes for the private chefs. Heads of states don't just stop into a Denny's.

You might think he should set some kind of example, but the expendentures on his security and welfare are costs of doing business. Non discretionary entitlements make up the vast majority of federal spending anyways.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

So sending out of state for a Pizza delivery for a White House social dinner is 'non-discretionary'?

I can buy the security thing, although I'm sorry but I do think it is overblown - many other heads of state are perfectly safe and secure with less expensive measures. George Bush didn't have a limo like Obama's and he was way less popular.

And why not have a 737 or 757 rather than a 747? Would save millions per year.

Sure $20k may be a drop in the ocean - but that doesn't mean they have a right to waste it. It's a lot of money for most people in the states, and when it comes from their pockets every dime is important.

Back on topic:

This whole stunt was a needless waste of money - I object right down to the cost of the photographers film/camera/processing.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Nope, I didn't say that. He would have claimed it was his idea only if it had gone well.

But I'm sure he was informed about it, and he probably said "Solid! Go for it!" or some other stupid thing.

"Solid?" Interesting, I've never heard Obama use this word, have you? Or do you think that all "black folk," talk that way?

Oh and whether George Bush landed in New Orleans or not, his administration's shameful actions prior, during and after Hurricane Katrina are among the darkest moments in this country's history.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
If Obama had been aboard the plane, would it have been alright?

If someone fired a AA missle at the aircraft what would have happened

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
As i remember ( and as another poster suggested earlier) air force one is a call sign to any flight with the president onboard but perhaps you can't trust whitehouse spokespersons, with the facts, any more than you usually can.

Caldera described it as an "Air Force One flight over New York," although that designation is strictly used to describe the specific plane on which the US president is flying.

The White House said Obama was not on the flight.

news.yahoo.com...

Also these planes are at the direct disposal of the WH as obviously if one proves unservicable the other must always be ready?

Either way Obama would probably have been missed at his address at the National Academy of Sciences meeting around the time 'air force one' spent thirty minutes flying around NY....

www.whitehouse.gov...

So much for Sorcha Faal in this instance unless he wants to introduce double's and all such other interesting things.

Stellar

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Don't you guys think it is funny how this "ptoto-op" is kinda of downplayed by the MSM? I mean, I've been watching CNN since monday morning and I've seen only one quick mention to this history. I saw no interviews with New Yorkers and no developments on this history whatsoever.

Here in Brazil I have to rely on CNN and BBC for international news on TV so I am stating this little to no coverage based on these two media outlets. Am I correct on the assumption of little to no coverage of this history on MSM?

I find it really odd, the oficial history smells a lot fishy, lack of media coverage, coincidence of the swine flu outbreak (on MSM anyways) and the fact that no one know where the POTUS really is.

This whole scenarion smells like a big coverup for something IMO. Just a thought.

[edit on 28/4/2009 by MorfeuZ]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Maybe they were planning on slamming this into another tower - but something went wrong at last min...

Imagine alternative scenario on 9/11:

"New Yorkers fled their offices this morning as two commercial airliners made low pass flybys of the world trade centre. Garry Ahmed, construction worker, said he and his fellow workers thought the planes were coming straight for the towers. A spokesman for the FAA later revealed these flights were prearranged photo opportunities for American and United Airlines as part of a forthcoming advertising campaign. An oversight meant that authorities had not been informed beforehand. "

See how different things can turn out - and we'd have never been any the wiser....

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Wow. The government are MORONS.

Or they're planning something. This pisses me off.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sator
Yes, I don't buy the "training exercise" excuse... no sir.

Call me a tin-nut, but this smells fishy.

What kind of training exercise has to be done with Air Force One (backup) scratching sky scrappers on a city ALREADY traumatized by "airplanes on buildings" crashes?

What is the message here?

"..Look folks, more planes - including possibly the one used by the POTUS - are really going to keep falling from the skies on your heads, ok? So get use to it..."

Someone please hand me a Blue Pill, perhaps it will still work..

Peace

The first thing we must ask do you trust your government? If they wanted photos they could have obtained photos using helicopters with the proper permission. Yes there is something fishy going on alright and this whole administration is fishy.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join