It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force One Backup Rattles New York Nerves

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

During training exercises some pilots are known to "hot shot around" in other words screw around when they shouldn't. Remember the two planes (can't remember air force or marine?) that were flying too low and clipped the ski resort lift cables killing some folks going up a ski lift? It was back in the 90's I'm pretty sure it was air force but I could be mistaken.

Yes, you are correct. It happened in Italy, and from what I hear, the Italians are still pissed about it!

20 Die in Italy As U.S. Jet Cuts A Ski Lift Cable

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dutty_Rag
Again - we're missing the point:

How much does it cost to fly AF1 and 2 F16's around for a few hours? THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS.

And for what? A photo op? Aimed at doing what?

Once again, Obama and his croanies need reminding we're in a credit crunch. That photo shoot could have been another $20,000 back in the pot to help people struggling to make ends meet.

$20,000 would prob bail most people out of their mortgage arrears. If I were in that situation I'd be sickened by this.

Your worried about a few thousand bucks, when the government gave
away hundreds of Millions bucks for the Bankrupt American Retirement Fund
(BARF) scheme or was it the Troubled Assets of Retiring Personel (TARP) fund.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I think we should wait to see if people in that area start getting sick or something. This makes absolutely no sense. Even an individual with the cognitive abilities of a 3 year old knows this isn't right.

I personally only can come up with four explanations;

1) As someone already said, it was the real AF1 and it had to be diverted in an emergency situation (real or perceived).

2) As someone else also said, they are gauging the public.

3) They were testing their abilities to track, follow, and intercept a commercial airline within a city by the fighters that followed the plane.

4) This albeit the most unlikely of the four still remains a possibility no matter how slight. The were releasing something from the plane onto the population. It does not necessarily have to be a white smoke, it could in fact be in numerous forms.

Although unlikely, the latter must be considered.

I am unsure if they can be held liable for the heart attacks, being sent into labor, or anything else; however, it would seem that if the feds aren't liable that the city/state would be for not passing on the warning. However, I am not an attorney and don't know.

Perhaps something very bad is getting ready to happen in NYC, something destructive, and they wanted some pictures of the city intact to use as a comparative tool for analysis. We don't know yet, but time is the ultimate truth in almost everything.

Also taking pictures of a city landscape with an aircraft that requires a speed of approximately 180 knas (knots in air speed) to maintain level flight does not seem a viable option when helicopters are readily available that could produce much better quality. Anyone who knows anything about photography understands that the longer the exposure the better the quality (there is a limit on this of course) and that a plane traveling at 200 mph would need to be using an incredibly high shutter speed in order to prevent blurring, somewhere above 1/1000 second, whereas the picture could have been taken at 1/60 in a helicopter.

[edit on 4/28/2009 by DarrylGalasso]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

OHLOL I'm famous!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DarrylGalasso

Darryl...you can only come up with those four explanations? Really??

I have a fifth explanation: They were taking photos. Incredibly insensitive, stupid moronic idea, of course.

There are two Boeing VC-25A (based on the B747).

The transition from the old B707-based jets was authorized by President Ronald Reagan. It is reported that the interiors were designed by Nancy Reagan.

While the airplanes obviously will have sophisticated communications equipment, they also have classified defenses and EMP-hardened electronics.

In no way would they be equipped to 'spray'....except, of course, as all B747s, they have two fuel dump nozzles, for emergencies requiring a rapid reduction in Gross Weight, such as an immediate landing shortly after take-off.

In terms of air traffic over the Manhattan area, a far better method of covert 'spraying', if it were to be done, would be with helicopters.

Really....to imagine that something as obvious as this is anything but what it looked like, a photo shoot, is simply off the mark.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
Air Force One flyover sparks panic in New York

That news report contains a video I have not seen yet and is the best I have seen as it shows how close that plane got from the perspective of people inside of an office building.

Wow!

Recommended viewing!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Obama and his admin have some set of balls approving this operation. too bad people didnt freak out and start shooting at the plane.

and Obama wont apologize either because hes black, and being the first black president, all troubles will be pushed away from him because of his blackness.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Dark Soldier]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Walks. looked like he never got below 1,000 feet MSL.

Wanna have fun? Go to your nearest big airport, and look at B747s landing. Hint: At about 3 miles from the end of the runway, the jet wil be at about 1,500 feet. This is typical for a 3-degree glideslope on the ILS.

This will give you a size comparison.

I'm suspecting the reasons for not publicising this had to do with security. Mis-guided, in hind sight, of course.

When the actual AF1 is arriving at a major civilian airport, the actual ETA is never announced. There is a 'window'. I have heard numerous times pilots ask ATC when the jet will land...the controllers always say 'unable'...or a similar comment. Basically, they are not allowed to broadcast details over live the common frequencies. They do not use the normal VHF Com freqs, either....

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by DarrylGalasso

Darryl...you can only come up with those four explanations? Really??

I have a fifth explanation: They were taking photos. Incredibly insensitive, stupid moronic idea, of course.

There are two Boeing VC-25A (based on the B747).

The transition from the old B707-based jets was authorized by President Ronald Reagan. It is reported that the interiors were designed by Nancy Reagan.

While the airplanes obviously will have sophisticated communications equipment, they also have classified defenses and EMP-hardened electronics.

In no way would they be equipped to 'spray'....except, of course, as all B747s, they have two fuel dump nozzles, for emergencies requiring a rapid reduction in Gross Weight, such as an immediate landing shortly after take-off.

In terms of air traffic over the Manhattan area, a far better method of covert 'spraying', if it were to be done, would be with helicopters.

Really....to imagine that something as obvious as this is anything but what it looked like, a photo shoot, is simply off the mark.

The emp hardened electronics you speak of I have never heard of before and I used to work in a vq squadron where every single metal to metal connection was emp sealed with a rubber compound that did not allow conductivity.

Also you are trying to tell me that an aircraft is not being modified? That's kind of funny because the same squadron I referred to above was a modified c-130, made to incorporate TCAMO radio equipment and have also been modified to be in flight refuelers and probably a few other mission modifications. But of course they couldn't do that with a new plane because Nancy Reagan's interior design might be affected (why you included that information escapes me).

Next time you pull up schematics to see how something works, remember that it IS possible to modify it as well. Besides I also said that is highly unlikely, but of course you may choose to eliminate every possibility that you don't agree with. At least now I understand better how people think, this explains a lot of things such as dark matter. People are un-open to anything they didn't think of or didn't think was possible. Its actually a wonder we aren't still in the stone age with that kind of attitude present.

And of course you are probably right, it makes perfect sense to fly through the largest city in the country snapping pictures at 180 Knas in a jumbo jet, I'm sorry, I don't know what I was thinking. Please excuse my ignorance.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Ok guys, Enough is Enough! Alot of you folks have gone way past the point of ridiculous. It seems as though ATS has been hijacked by people who, because of their seething hatred of Bush or Obama cannot post a reply without throwing some lame, heard 1000 times, boring, unintelligent label or talking point. I mean come on, this "well you blamed Bush for everything, so we get to blame Obama for everything" argument is already getting old and it's only been 100 days. And no, I didn't vote for Obama, he's not my "messiah", I'm not a brown shirt, or a troll, or cointelpro, etc. I felt just as disgusted with my countrymen/women when I heard things about Bush being blown out of proportion. However, that being said, I still believe that alot of the harsh criticism of Bush was a bit more appropriate in light of the what happened during his 8 years (wiretaps, 911 commision, WTC 7, coverups, Enron, AIG, how many vacations did he take again?, the list goes on). But the whole Air Force One over NYC thing was my breaking point today. Reading some of the posts here, it seems that rational thinking is not a part of alot of members psyche. Do you really think Obama himself sat there in the oval office scheming about how to get a good chaos fest going in NYC by sending his airplane over for a mid morning psyop?
Maybe it was some republican Air Force General that set this photo shoot up? Maybe he did it knowing that people would freak, and that it would make Obama look bad. Are the majority of military folks republicans? So do you feel equally as inclined to go off on some tangent about that General? Would your red blooded patriotic american values motivate you to call for his day of reckoning?
I understand people from NYC replying and having some annimosity about yesterdays events. But for the rest of you, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! God gave you a mind. Use it. Stop turning every event however big or small into a Right-vs-Left thing. It's a shame that Bush has had so many things to criticize, and I understand some of you less mature Repubs need your little forms of payback. But get over it. Who knows, maybe in a few years you will have more legit things to bellyache about when it comes to BHO. I'm sorry, but Bush made his bed with alot of the stuff he did. The Bush critics didn't have to create those things. The Obama critics will get their chance too. But for them to try and make every other event into an Obama bash to me is just hurting their party even more and making them look that much more like everything the libs portray them to be. I think yesterdays events were nothing more than a few mistakes, nothing nefarious, no evil plots.
Sorry for the folks in NYC, hope all is calm there today.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

In many people's perspectives, this did not look like a "photoshoot." Why was it necessary for the plane to fly so close to the city, to fly around the buildings, if the shooting was supposed to have centered around the Statue of Liberty?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chillidog1
Ok guys, Enough is Enough! Alot of you folks have gone way past the point of ridiculous. It seems as though ATS has been hijacked by people who, because of their seething hatred of Bush or Obama cannot post a reply without throwing some lame, heard 1000 times, boring, unintelligent label or talking point. I mean come on, this "well you blamed Bush for everything, so we get to blame Obama for everything" argument is already getting old and it's only been 100 days. And no, I didn't vote for Obama, he's not my "messiah", I'm not a brown shirt, or a troll, or cointelpro, etc. I felt just as disgusted with my countrymen/women when I heard things about Bush being blown out of proportion. However, that being said, I still believe that alot of the harsh criticism of Bush was a bit more appropriate in light of the what happened during his 8 years (wiretaps, 911 commision, WTC 7, coverups, Enron, AIG, how many vacations did he take again?, the list goes on). But the whole Air Force One over NYC thing was my breaking point today. Reading some of the posts here, it seems that rational thinking is not a part of alot of members psyche. Do you really think Obama himself sat there in the oval office scheming about how to get a good chaos fest going in NYC by sending his airplane over for a mid morning psyop?
Maybe it was some republican Air Force General that set this photo shoot up? Maybe he did it knowing that people would freak, and that it would make Obama look bad. Are the majority of military folks republicans? So do you feel equally as inclined to go off on some tangent about that General? Would your red blooded patriotic american values motivate you to call for his day of reckoning?
I understand people from NYC replying and having some annimosity about yesterdays events. But for the rest of you, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! God gave you a mind. Use it. Stop turning every event however big or small into a Right-vs-Left thing. It's a shame that Bush has had so many things to criticize, and I understand some of you less mature Repubs need your little forms of payback. But get over it. Who knows, maybe in a few years you will have more legit things to bellyache about when it comes to BHO. I'm sorry, but Bush made his bed with alot of the stuff he did. The Bush critics didn't have to create those things. The Obama critics will get their chance too. But for them to try and make every other event into an Obama bash to me is just hurting their party even more and making them look that much more like everything the libs portray them to be. I think yesterdays events were nothing more than a few mistakes, nothing nefarious, no evil plots.
Sorry for the folks in NYC, hope all is calm there today.

OH BELIEVE ME tool bag, there is plenty to judge obama on right now, and i will use every single second of it to my advantage in this war.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I think something really bad went down.. your defence force "fixed it" (well hopefully) and had to move your president. They then gave a lame cover story so there wouldn't be a mass panic over what could have happened or "how close we came".

[edit on 28-4-2009 by riley]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

riley, from the White House web site. There is an Economic Forum being hosted in Washington, DC on 27-28 April. 16 heads of state, and the SG of the UN are attending. pres. Obama is hosting.

Ermmm...if he was onboard during that incident in NYC, I think someone would have noticed his absence....n'est pas?

edit=clarification. Leaders of 16 major Economies were invited to designate representatives to participate in the Forum. NOT the actual heads of State. Countries are: Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, the EU, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Russia, South Africa and the UK.

[edit on 4/28/0909 by weedwhacker]

[edit on 4/28/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This story completely baffles me.

I cannot for the life of me think why anyone in the White House would find this acceptable in any way.

A photo op? Seriously?

Give me $20 and I'll create the perfect shot in Photoshop, saving you millions in a financial crisis, preventing scaring thousands of people, not creating anger and animosity, not detracting professionals from their vital roles...

There is NOTHING about this that makes any sense.

It's irresponsible, wasteful, unprofessional, insensitive, needless...

Unless...

There was another reason for it.

Air Force One is the most well equipped plane in the world. It has some of the most secret technology on board allowing it presumably to fly in ways that a commercial jet couldn't.
I recall a lot of veteran pilots suggested after 9/11 that this wouldn't be possible for a commercial jet.

What if (and this is a big "what if") the Obama administration decided to perform their own little experiment to see if something was possible with such equipment?
Perhaps they have stumbled upon something in their digging for Bush secrets?

Another option is the "hidden government" sending a clear message to Obama to back off.
He doesn't control AF1, it's safe to say that the deployment of it and use of it is controlled through military channels. What if this is a ghost of the old administration trying to warn Obama to back off the CIA leaks?

Either way, I absolutely refute the idea that this was simply a photo op. There is no sense in that, it's too expensive, the PR disaster renders it completely crazy, it just defies all basic intelligence and common sense.
I don't buy it for one millisecond.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Obama and his administration should be put on trial for torture. Obama talks about waterboarding terrorists, he scared half of NYC yesterday that some people suffered heart attacks and some pregnant women went into labor. I say someone file a class action lawsuit against him and his incompetent administration.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

reply to post by riley

riley, from the White House web site. There is a Economic Forum being hosted in Washington, DC on 27-28 April. 16 heads of state, and the SG of the UN are attending. pres. Obama is hosting.

Ermmm...if he was onboard during that incident in NYC, I think someone would have noticed his absence....n'est pas?

Alright then.. so something happened and he didn't need to be moved but military jets were still required. I still believe something big happened and they covered it up to prevent panic or for security reasons.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by riley]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been answered already, if this was really a photo op, where the photos taken by the photographer in the fighter plane? can we get to see the actual shots? May be that will tell us what's going on? just a thought...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
There are a few things to focus on here,

1) Why use AF1?
So that people would recognize it?
Because the handling of it is done by a select and trusted few?

2) Why fly over NYC?
Because it sends a clear message?
Maximum publicity?

3) Why not create the images in photoshop and save money, effort, peoples trust in your government?
To get global attention?
To embarrass the government?
To scare people?

This was not what they are telling us it was.

My money is on the previous administration trying to scare Obama off their trail, and doing it in the most public way possible.
It tells Obama that they can control things at the highest level, it tells him that they can still hold influence, it tells him that he is never safe from them even in AF1.
It also causes great embarrassment to the current administration. They couldn't exactly say openly that AF1 was able to be controlled by others in this way. The only option left for them was to take blame for a "poor decision", which was still the better option than admitting that AF1 was compromised.

I'll bet this event marks the end of any investigation or discussion into the previous administrations methods of torture. And if it doesn't end such discussion or pursuit and release of information, I'll bet there'll be an assassination shortly after.

This is worrying, and it's not what they are telling you it was.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I apologise in advance if this has been answed, I havent the time to go through the whole thread......

1. is there an image anywhere that can be zoomed in on to verify that it is AF1?

2. if this was a photo op, then there will be photos taken that can verify this, where are they?

personally I think it was a stunt by the cia/fbi/nsa, name your own alphabet, to get an idea of what the response from the city, in the event of another 9/11, would be.

WHY? I have no idea, but there is no way that it would be a photo op (imo) that just doesn't add up......

military exersize? surely no one would be stupid enough to use the same city that it really happened in?

definately something being covered up,

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join