It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force One Backup Rattles New York Nerves

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Highground
Again, I have a feeling if this was Bush's administration, there would be something close to a fire and pitchforks mob about to crash through the White House gates. However, this is your Messiah working, so it's all okay.

There you go again. Anyone who doesn't believe Obama is to blame for this is defending their messiah?

That is such a tired arguement.

Turn off Hannity and Limbaugh. Those programs will rot your mind.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden

Originally posted by Highground
Again, I have a feeling if this was Bush's administration, there would be something close to a fire and pitchforks mob about to crash through the White House gates. However, this is your Messiah working, so it's all okay.

There you go again. Anyone who doesn't believe Obama is to blame for this is defending their messiah?

That is such a tired arguement.

Turn off Hannity and Limbaugh. Those programs will rot your mind.

It's his administration, so yes, he is to blame. Just like everything that happened under the Bush administration was blamed on Bush.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Highground

Sure.

But you don't start in making concessions, by having half a mindset of the facts, that's only common sense.

Even in the highest court of law everyone has the time and ability to get all their facts together before having to testify. This is even a Constitutional right of the President unfortunately.

AB1

P.S. I didn't vote for Obama, and clearly he isn't MY messiah as I'm not religious

[edit on 27-4-2009 by alphabetaone]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I understand photographers were taking stills from the statue of liberty or something like that. Why can't they use photoshop like everybody else. Even seeing the film of this is frightening. I would have freaked if I had been in NYC and saw this.

Adobe should send the White House a free promotional copy of photoshop.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
If this was a photo op it's is far beyond irresponsible and bordering on fear mongering. If it was just a photo op it shows how disconnected this administration is with reality.

That being said, I don't buy the official story for a second. It makes no sense whatsoever. I don't know what they were up to, but I don't buy the photo-op story. There are too many things that could have gone wrong, anyone with two brain cells to rub together would not have signed off on this without informing the public in some way. Sure the channels broke down, it was need to know only. I guess no one needed to know.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Does anyone else see the coincidence between the fly over "photo op" and the Statute of Liberty cartoon in today' New York Times? Maybe they were sending a not too subtle message to the NYT editors.

Statute of Liberty

Watch the O'Reilly Factor clip of today's cartoon showing Lady Liberty with a whip (?!)...around 00:10...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
For all of you Obama haters who think that MSNBC and CNN are apologists for him, and his administration.....

World's Worst, care of Keith Olbermann...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
What's wrong? they were only spreading swine flu virus over manhattan, no biggie!

haha

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Even the mayor did not know and he is peturbed. This is beyond bad judgement. NY1 has a video.

www.ny1.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
For all of you Obama haters who think that MSNBC and CNN are apologists for him, and his administration.....

World's Worst, care of Keith Olbermann...

notice how not once is obama's name mentioned

come back to me when olbermann actually puts a democrat on that list.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Soldier

"The White House Military Office.." He mentioned it twice.

Oh...and search, Democrats are commonly on the 'World's Worst' lists...Rod Blag, for instance....Nancy Pelosi as well.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
I saw the plane flying at about 1000 feet over my building followed by 2 military jets. Bad idea if this was just training.

You saw it? I find this entire matter incredible in its scope. I can hardly believe they wold make such an insane not properly public prepared stunt for Photographs. I dont like it one bit I tell ya!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I second whoever said that since this happened on Obama's watch that he should bear the full brunt of it. You liberals sure wasted no time pinning the tail on Bush when things happened - time you admitted that turnabout is fair play. When this administration pulls follish stunts, it falls on Obama.

You can't pull the argument during Bush's term and then make some lame-a$$ excuse for Obama when idiotic crap like this happens. Man up and admit it - this was a HUGE mistake.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I to just can't believe that the White House made a simple mistake, it supposed being a no fly zone. The recent struggles with the CIA and the release of info. Now I found this nice little post on Godlike Productions.com under "Today was 911 all over again" Sounds pretty scary . Then seeing all the footage of the planes in NY and everyone seems to be clueless. Need to do some research on all this info tonight.

www.whatdoesitmean.com...

Russian Military Officers are reporting to Prime Minister Putin this morning that President Obama [pictured top left with UN Secretary General Ban] was stopped by US Air Force fighter jets while Air Force One was attempting to land in New York City where Obama was scheduled to meet UN, Russian and Chinese diplomats for what the White House had communicated was ‘critical and vital’ information relating the influenza pandemic currently overrunning the World.

Though the US propaganda media is portraying this shocking incident involving the most secure aircraft in the World as a ‘photo op’ staged by the Pentagon, statements from some the thousands of New Yorkers made to flee for their lives as this aerial battle unfolded portray a quite different story, and as we can read...

These reports go on to detail that signal intelligence intercepts by Russian Military satellites show that just prior to Air Force One landing, two US F-16 fighter jets ordered the American President’s plane to return to Washington D.C., which Obama’s pilot refused to do. Upon Air Force One refusing the orders to return to Washington D.C., these reports continue, one of the F-16’s in pursuit ‘locked on’ its air-to-air missiles which then made Air Force One take evasive maneuvers causing it to veer towards the sky scrapers of Manhattan in a ‘defensive move’ that Russian Air Force Officers state was deliberately done as Obama’s pilots did not believe they would be shot down over a major American city in full view of tens of thousands of witnesses.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by herezhouzee]

[edit on 28-4-2009 by herezhouzee]

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28/4/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by herezhouzee

Despite all of the hand-wringing and talk of 'no-fly zones' let's get some facts correct.

The Airspace over the NY Metropolitan area (as in most major metro areas) consists of 'Class B' airspace. (Google it, please). Nutshell -- any aircraft that enters must have an operable transponder and be under positive control via two-way radio communication with ATC.

In some instances, a 'TFR' (temporarly flight restriction) will be issued, and delineated by a NOTAM (Notice to Airmen).

WHEN Air Force One is arriving or departing (when the President is onboard) all normal airport operations are suspended. No take-offs or landings. This can last up to about 30 minutes, depending.

The B747s used as Presidential airplanes are, technically, USAF airplanes. They are Military jets, period. They are subject to ATC requirements, of course, and in the case Monday they (the B747 and F-16s) were operating under FAA regulations, as exempted for the 'stunt'. AND they were BELOW and away from the regular arrival and departure corridors for EWR and LGA.

The only 'crime' here is one of insensitivity to the residents of Manhattan...and someone's going to lose his job because of it, I'd expect.

edit=for herez....my post above was for the first paragraph in YOUR post. The rest of what you wrote....Hoo Boy!! What a load of claptrap!!!

Russian and Chinese military officers ordering USAF F-16s not to 'fire on the Air Force One'??!!????

Oh, well....I needed a good laugh!!!

[edit on 4/28/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by herezhouzee
These reports go on to detail that signal intelligence intercepts by Russian Military satellites show that just prior to Air Force One landing, two US F-16 fighter jets ordered the American President’s plane to return to Washington D.C., which Obama’s pilot refused to do.

They're saying high level military crypto was decoded in real time ?

What's the source for your copy+paste ? Pravda ?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by herezhouzee

the photo op story is only marginally less silly than the landing in midtown to meet with russians story. i can't quite buy the meeting with russians story but i must admit to some doubt about the official explanation. This is the kind of scenario that belongs in an updated version of MadLibs.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenorbs
Does anyone else see the coincidence between the fly over "photo op" and the Statute of Liberty cartoon in today' New York Times? Maybe they were sending a not too subtle message to the NYT editors.

Statute of Liberty

Watch the O'Reilly Factor clip of today's cartoon showing Lady Liberty with a whip (?!)...around 00:10...

Perhaps no one informed Joel Pett that spiders are not insects? Insects have six legs, a thorax, abdomen, and a head. Spiders have eight legs, body, and a head.

What message do you think they were sending to NYT editors?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Why would the news be reporting that Obama was "furious" when he found out what had happened? They flew that plane the way they did, and it was a "classified operation", how wouldn't he know about it in the first place?
Something is really fishy here. And seriously, why do you need to make a photo-op there? It's called superimposing. Yes, we are in an ECONOMICAL CRISIS and we are flying a huge jet, with F-16's scrambling on each side, wasting tons of fuel to get glamour shots at 4k feet. Makes no sense at all. F---ing liars.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by jsobecky

becky....you act as if -- well, actually a lot of you posting act as if this was OBAMA's idea, his and his alone!

Nope, I didn't say that. He would have claimed it was his idea only if it had gone well.

But I'm sure he was informed about it, and he probably said "Solid! Go for it!" or some other stupid thing.

As I said, he is a phot-op whore.

Oh, and becky....the idiot-in-chief who 'flew over' New Orleans after Katrina....yeah, that went well, didn't it??

Given that he made the decision not to land, since it would distract needed resources from the rescue effort, I'd say it went exceedingly well.

edit=somebody's heads are gonna roll, in the USAF publicity dept.

Heads should roll in the POTUS sandbox.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join