It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force One Backup Rattles New York Nerves

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Soldier

OH BELIEVE ME tool bag, there is plenty to judge obama on right now, and i will use every single second of it to my advantage in this war.

Tool bag? This war?

Who exactly are you at war with?

This is a story about some Air Force person scheduling AF1 for a photoshoot, probably not that different than the footage of AF1 flying by Mt Rushmore, over the Grand Canyon, etc? And a break down in communcations causing panic in NYC.

And you are declaring war?

I rest my case.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chillidog1

OH BELIEVE ME tool bag, there is plenty to judge obama on right now, and i will use every single second of it to my advantage in this war.

Tool bag? This war?

Who exactly are you at war with?

This is a story about some Air Force person scheduling AF1 for a photoshoot, probably not that different than the footage of AF1 flying by Mt Rushmore, over the Grand Canyon, etc? And a break down in communcations causing panic in NYC.

And you are declaring war?

I rest my case.

Do you seriously buy that though? This is the most secure plane on the planet, and some low-rank person just decided it'd be nice to fly it over the scene of the worst terrorist act in Human history? And they managed it, with a fighter jet accompanying it?

The Queens train in the UK is protected 24/7, in a secret location outside of London. You need MOD clearance to go anywhere near it, it certainly wouldn't leave that location without multiple documents, signed by senior staff.
But yet we are expected to believe that some WH person managed to get that plane booked in for a photo op over NY? And either it didn't go by any senior staff or those it did go by allowed it?

It's simply not very likely at all, and I dare say it would (should) be impossible to do.

I stick by my belief that this was either the Obama administration testing out a secret or two they've uncovered, or someone threatening Obama to back off the CIA and the previous admin.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Do you seriously buy that though? This is the most secure plane on the planet, and some low-rank person just decided it'd be nice to fly it over the scene of the worst terrorist act in Human history? And they managed it, with a fighter jet accompanying it?

The blame seems to be on White House Military Office Director Louis Caldera.
He's the one that likely ok'd or scheduled the photo op. I believe the pilot of AF1 and the backup are full bird colonels.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

Yep, that's why it is such a poor cover story.....

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Obama and his administration should be put on trial for torture. Obama talks about waterboarding terrorists, he scared half of NYC yesterday that some people suffered heart attacks and some pregnant women went into labor. I say someone file a class action lawsuit against him and his incompetent administration.

Can you provide links to articles backing up this claim? Or is this some kind of disinformation strategy in your so called war? Or maybe it's you parroting someone else like you. Just kind of making it up as you go along hoping that if you say it enough it will become true?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
I came across this headline today "Air Force One flyover sparks panic in New York" posted to the guardian co uk. The part I found interesting is that the article quotes Highground and Riley, and as many of you know are members here on ATS

Air Force One flyover sparks panic in New York

Military photo opportunity near site of September 11 attacks in New York prompts evacuations

Snip~~

There was also criticism, coupled with scepticism about the official explanation, on the blogosphere. On the abovetopsecret forum, Highground wrote: "Perhaps 'they' are gauging what a certain area will do in the event of such an attack in the future." On the same site, Riley suggested Air Force One "had to make a detour because of a security threat".

COR BLIMEY! thanks Sauron and Highground. I've always said it's very important to have a source to back up your opinions..

[edit on 28-4-2009 by riley]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
this little stunt was a conditioning tool.
youever heard strike while the iron is hot.
with all the other thing going on like swine flue,
all this, just a opertunity to get people stirred up.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Obama orders review of New York City flyover

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama has ordered an internal review to determine how the decision was made to send of one of his official airplanes on a low-flying photo op past the New York City skyline.

White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said Tuesday that deputy chief of staff Jim Messina will lead the review. Gibbs said the point is to determine "why that decision was made and to ensure that it never happens again."

Gibbs said Obama was "furious" when he heard about the incident. Obama has called it a mistake.

www.google.com...

Something about this reminds me of cruise missiles and nukes from Minot AFB. We'll probably never know.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
PHOTO OP?

Geez, Obama is supposed to be the technology President so if he could have skipped the photo op and have someone do a Photoshop instead.
Why subject New Yorkers to such "torture" just so Obama can have a few shots of Lady Liberty?
His people didn't have a clue about what went on, good thing we weren't under attack.

You know damn well if this had been Bush doing a photo op, the swine flu would have taken a back seat and Olbermann would have blown several gaskets for politicizing and reminding us of 9-11

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Alxandro, Olbermann DID blow some gaskets.

here....he made Caldera the World's Worst....

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Mr Obama was not on board the 747 at the time and was reportedly "furious".

The day after the incident, the president said: "It was a mistake, as was stated...and it will not happen again."

bet someone just lost there job....

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This was a "stress test".

Like swine flu, it scared the market a little, then people rushed in to buy.

The results were positive. The money traders were not shook. The stock market is ready to climb and the public is either not interested or not alarmed.

Things are normal, folks. We are winning!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
My thoughts when I heard about it, was WTF at first - and thought someone was an idiot who didn't think about the ramifications of doing what they did. I saw pictures of people running.

THEN - I began to think about it.

What purpose did it serve, why did they have to do it in New York, besides not notify authorities and people there, it would be done?

Let's think about it.....

People have lost their "fear" over the last few years, no matter what the govt. has told us. We just don't believe them like we used to, right?

So, how to bring back that "fear" and bring people back to "hugging" the govt. and letting the govt. get away with taking our rights, like we felt right after 9/11 and allowed them to?

Perfect! Do a low fly around NYC, to have people feel the fear they once felt, bring back those memories, bring back those "we have to listen and depend on our govt to keep us safe thoughts". Do it with Air Force One - so there is no mistake on it being a "innocent" fly around. Have the authorities of NYC, running around not sure what action to take while it is happening, have chaos, etc.

They accomplished what they wanted.

Do I think it was just a stupid idiotic mistake?................ or something to get within people's heads and freak them out along with hyping a swine flu at the same time?

I think the govt. is too smart to do something sooooooo stupid!!

what makes sense to you?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Make sure it never happens again?

Thats right Obama. When bad things happen, just make sure they do not happen again.

They can torture people.
They can cause panic in an entire city (and country).
And who knows what else that I don't know or can not think of...

BUT, as long as it is a government official, it just can't happen again. No one is ACTUALLY held liable...

Sorry, but Bush SUCKED. I am pretty sure most of this country was somewhat relieved when he left office, even if Obama did win (for those of us who still hate him). Oh wait...Obama sucks too? Tsk tsk.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

some really good points here. actually word must have gone out to the military before hand or there would have been fighter jets scrambled to shoot this huge low flying plane down even before it was identified to the public as backup airforce one. there was only the chase jet in the air with it that apparently always accompanies AF1. we haven't heard about any scramble or defensive tactics have we? so this wasn't an accident. this was carefully thought out plan. We just don't know the goal of the plan.

Many democrats don't believe in terrorists or that there is danger from terrorists. They believe this was bush hype and that nobody really means us harm in a physical way. One could make a case that it didn't occur to the White House that New Yorkers might actually believe terror attacks are possible because of their personal experience. Or maybe they did expect a reaction but wanted to gauge national reaction to see if anybody else was freaked.

What did they learn? That New Yorkers don't wait to check their blackberries or get an update from media. The sensibly evacuated buildings this time. And they are very pissed off about this. Angry rather than terrified. Was this what the White House wanted to know?

With so many people blindly supporting everything Obama does not matter how wacky, maybe they wanted to see how far they can go and have media and pundits accept a wacky explanation and excuse this action as a foolish mistake, poor judgment and nothing to be concerned about.

Whatever this was, it wasn't a mistake. And ATS is best suited to ferret out the why.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
More than likely I'm nowhere near the actual purpose of this flight, tensions are high however, talk of imminent war everywhere to be heard. Could it be somebody saying to common folk, of the American public, 'remember they that attacked.'

I'll leave you too contemplate why anybody would wish to do such a thing, but seeing as you're here, I suspect we'd come to very similar conclusions.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
why all the secrecy?

In a memo obtained by CBS 2 HD the Federal Aviation Administration's James Johnston said the agency was aware of "the possibility of public concern regarding DOD (Department of Defense) aircraft flying at low altitudes" in an around New York City. But they demanded total secrecy from the NYPD, the Secret Service, the FBI and even the mayor's office and threatened federal sanctions if the secret got out.

and another "never do it again"

The NYPD was so upset about the demand for secrecy that Police Commissioner Ray Kelly vowed never to follow such a directive again and he accused the feds of inciting fears of a 9/11 replay.

Feds knew: FAA memo

The article says that this flyover was ordered by the White House Office of Military Affairs so it would have souvenir photos of Air Force One with the Statue of Liberty in the background. Souvenir photos? Excuse me....SOUVENIR PHOTOS?

this doesn't particularly help me understand this incident. It makes it more confounding to me. 3 hour flight from Virginia by faux AF1 with two chase jets to fly low through manhattan for souvenir photos, kept in top secrecy under threat knowing the public would freak. I don't know NYC that well. Photoshop aside, can't a plane fly by the Statue of Liberty without going so near the buildings.

still can't understand the secrecy.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Did anyone catch the CNN report from the whitehouse in the last hour?

The Photo Op apparently was not the primary objective of the flight.

It was described as a training exercise that had been planned some time ahead, the Photo Op came about as a bonus.

Apparently Louis Caldera asked if a photo op could take place after finding out about the exercise.

So what was the exercise?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
Did anyone catch the CNN report from the whitehouse in the last hour?

The Photo Op apparently was not the primary objective of the flight.

It was described as a training exercise that had been planned some time ahead, the Photo Op came about as a bonus.

Apparently Louis Caldera asked if a photo op could take place after finding out about the exercise.

So what was the exercise?

And why is Louis Caldera taking the hit for this, if it was already planned and his only involvement was in the picture-taking?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Highground

That's what I was trying to figure out.

From what the CNN reporter was saying, the White House isn't pinning it on Caldera, and that an investigation is being conducted into the matter by the White House.

I would have to ask who organized the exercise and why.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join