It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force One Backup Rattles New York Nerves

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Look at them scatter and panic. This has got to be one of the dumbest decisions ever. This tops any stupid thing that "Big Mouth" Joe Biden ever said to discredit his administration.

Interesting psychological test though. It reveals quite a bit. They're just straight freaking out. Hopefully Obama understands that all it will take is one single terrorist attack in N.Y. and they'll crucify him on the White House lawn.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Crazy video there buddy. Good find

But one thing I must ask, is why run towards buildings? Why run at all? The plane's that high up that it couldn't possibly touch them there. I guess it's maybe to do with a sort of herd mentality to run or stampede away from a dangerous thing? Strange how groups of people react as one entity towards a perceived threat.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by purehughness

It's gonna be high up when it releases the nuke - so as not to get caught in the blast...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Where are you getting your information?

Originally posted by Night Watchman
NYT1 in NYC is reporting that the photo shoot was done at the Statue of Liberty and that the City Officials were aware this was going to happen.

That is very far from the truth. The President was apparently angry, as well as the Mayor of New York, so which city officials are you talking about?

www.cnn.com...

Two officials told CNN the White House Military Office was trying to update its file photos of Air Force One. The officials said the president was angry when he learned Monday afternoon about the flight, which sparked fear in the New York-New Jersey area.

"The president was furious about it," one of the officials said. The incident outraged many New Yorkers, including Mayor Michael Bloomberg.

"First thing is, I'm annoyed -- furious is a better word -- that I wasn't told," he said, calling the aviation administration's decision to withhold details about the flight "ridiculous" and "poor judgment."

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

why is it when someone posts a news source it is one of pure garbage. Air Force one is a call sign not an aircraft, there are 2 747s used for the president and a range of other aircraft operated by the air force. NO one aircraft is the primary aircraft of the president, so this back up plane theory is ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I agree this whole thing is really weird, makes no sense at all.

In light of 911 incident you would think that there would be people with the smallest amount of compassion, logic and respect the no fly zone that was set after this monumental event.

No sense at all.

Originally posted by ncbrian211
reply to post by Erasurehead

why is it when someone posts a news source it is one of pure garbage. Air Force one is a call sign not an aircraft, there are 2 747s used for the president and a range of other aircraft operated by the air force. NO one aircraft is the primary aircraft of the president, so this back up plane theory is ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Look at them scatter and panic. This has got to be one of the dumbest decisions ever.

Originally posted by dbates
Interesting psychological test though. It reveals quite a bit.

Maybe the 2+2 above Dbates, makes it actually something having been worthwhile in concept and theory.

AB1

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
NYT1 in NYC is reporting that the photo shoot was done at the Statue of Liberty and that the City Officials were aware this was going to happen.

That info conflicts. Many new sources are saying that NYC officials knew nothing about the flyover in advance.

This is very odd and if not odd rather stupid beyond comprehension.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I concur its either very odd or ignorant. Im very curious as to what actually happend. Ive already heard excersise and now photo shoot wtf?

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Memysabu]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Dutty_Rag

Dutty, a B737 or B757 doesn't have the range of the B747.

Oh, and the new airplanes to replace the old B707s were commissioned during the REAGAN Administration.

I can't believe people still going on about this. The Director of the White House Military Office is having his head handed to him - and rightly - but the level of putrid vile being directed towards Obama is pathetic.

It's as if the Bush 41, the Bush 43 and the Reagan could do no wrong!!! Didn't matter how many vacations they took - Republicans just shrugged.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
That info conflicts. Many new sources are saying that NYC officials knew nothing about the flyover in advance.

NYPD said they knew about it in advance. I'd be pissed if I was the mayor and wasn't informed.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I'm not sure if it might've been brought up. But do any of you feel that maybe the reason why they were "taking pictures" of Lady Liberty would be so they could hit it next? They already destroyed the biggest symbol of our economic strength (the twin towers) why not destroy the symbol of our american liberty and freedom next? It would fit in perfectly with their despotic/tyrannical plans

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Question

The only problem with tis theory would be, that because they were already "seen" in the area, (supposing it was to be a clandestine project), they have completely eroded their plausible deniability.

AB1

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ragman
I avoid usually replying but in this case I think it is worthwhile.

My girlfriend saw the plane go between two different buildings (one was hers). She is not one to exaggerate--either the media isn't getting this accurate or someone seriously screwed up in the Air Force as there is no plausible reason for the plane to be coming that close to occupied buildings.

Either we are being lied to or someone better get fired pronto.

Also, my girlfriend said people were having heart attacks and one woman went into labor. Everyone there with her disagrees with initial media report. I wouldn't chalk it up to terrorism yet though.

[edit on 4/27/2009 by ragman]

During training exercises some pilots are known to "hot shot around" in other words screw around when they shouldn't. Remember the two planes (can't remember air force or marine?) that were flying too low and clipped the ski resort lift cables killing some folks going up a ski lift? It was back in the 90's I'm pretty sure it was air force but I could be mistaken.

Happens all the time they usually just don't get caught however in this case if it was AF1 look alike I don't see how you would want to risk something in that plane. Even though some bombers treat their planes like a fighter in exercises. Rare yes, but does happen. If they actually did fly between buildings then by all means broke every rule in the book training wise as it's only acceptable in war time extreme circumstances or extreme circumstances due to the possibility of not only civilian casualties, but possible damage to the aircraft.

It could be a new type of top secret radar system that automatically plots out every obstacle making AF1 a plane that can fly in and around buildings, if the organization that developed it wanted to demonstrate it could have made a look alike to AF1 to demonstrate it's abilities but even then doing it in a live populated city would be just insane because if it did crash then there is that opportunity for the technology to be picked up by someone else.

I should mention though planes appear to be closer to the ground than they actually are a lot of times, just stand outside a runway they look a lot closer as they take off or land above you than they are. 200 ft. altitude could easily be mistaken for 20ft on a large plane although 200ft. technically is still way too close if your not planning to land there.

Edit: after watching the video it wasn't even close lol. Not saying it didn't fly only 20ft. above a bldg. just saying wow can't believed they panicked. They obviously have never attended an air show and/or let the assumption of a few get the best of them.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Darthorious]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
When I saw this article yesterday, I didn't think much.

And I still don't.

I Honestly don't think anythings going to come out of this, good or bad.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
When I saw this article yesterday, I didn't think much.

And I still don't.

I Honestly don't think anythings going to come out of this, good or bad.

But WHAT could the planners of this "photo op" have been THINKING???

Does this show nothing more than a blatant form of insensitivity toward the citizens of an area which suffered the WORST terror attack on US soil, ever?

And why have a photo op of a 747 doing a wickedly close flyby of a skyscraper? What does the photo show? That AF1 is flown in an erratic and dangerous manner all the time?

Certainly PHOTOSHOP could have achieved an IDENTICAL effect, WITHOUT causing panic in the hearts of our dear Yankee friends...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I came across this headline today "Air Force One flyover sparks panic in New York" posted to the guardian co uk. The part I found interesting is that the article quotes Highground and Riley, and as many of you know are members here on ATS

Air Force One flyover sparks panic in New York

Military photo opportunity near site of September 11 attacks in New York prompts evacuations

Snip~~

There was also criticism, coupled with scepticism about the official explanation, on the blogosphere. On the abovetopsecret forum, Highground wrote: "Perhaps 'they' are gauging what a certain area will do in the event of such an attack in the future." On the same site, Riley suggested Air Force One "had to make a detour because of a security threat".

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone
reply to post by Question

The only problem with tis theory would be, that because they were already "seen" in the area, (supposing it was to be a clandestine project), they have completely eroded their plausible deniability.

AB1

Hey, if people bought (or not) the B.S. that they were making training exercises for a 9/11 style attack on the same day that it happened. Why not buy it now?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The thing I was thinking was "Hmm...the create an event that will get a large group of people in the streets, mingling with each other, on the same day many swine flu cases were confirmed in NYC."

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

WOW, ATS mentioned and members quoted with a link to the thread in a mainstream news report.

That is really cool.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join