It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 422
<< 419  420  421    423  424  425 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I don't know if anyone uses this, but I like the way it is set up..

I wish we had something like this with the real numbers.

anyway, here's the link: ais.paho.org...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
CDC finds patterns in novel flu hospitalizations
www.cidrap.umn.edu...

H1N1 strikes Canadian tot
www.thewhig.com...

Two more cases of swine flu confirmed in Victoria
www.news.com.au...

Growth of cases in US and Mexico continues, Canada too, although their reporting is not regular so trends are hard to see #swineflu #h1n14 minutes ago from web

Japan's reporting to WHO is also slow. Current numbers include 259 from Japan but I've seen 270+ reported #swineflu #h1n13 minutes ago from web

HammoC: This train is cramped - and freezing! Brrrrrrr!!! Someones sneezing and coughing - swine flu? half a minute ago from TwitterBerry

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Influenza A(H1N1) - update 35

21 May 2009 -- As of 06:00 GMT, 21 May 2009, 41 countries have officially reported 11 034 cases of influenza A(H1N1) infection, including 85 deaths.

who update

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
More City Schools Close
www.nytimes.com...

I think it's outrageous that schools are not closing more around the country..

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by blind.face

Well for one them in Power do not want widespread panic across the country. Just act like everything is normal. Off course most of thepublic are not that stupid to realise that there is something wrong.

2nd of all they also do not want to disrupt exams, after all what would the Government look like, if the exams were scrapped and their targets were not met.

Just shows the Gov puts thier own selves before the pubic as a whole once again.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
A lot of people here in Mexico believe now that there is no such thing as swine flu. I'm still not sure what to believe.. but I know I have never trusted the government, here or in the US.

I am happy with the Mexican government's decision to close schools and non-essential business as quickly as they did, but I was disheartened by the fact that they put the economy first over public health and began making it all seem as though we were over reacting when they started losing money.

I currently have about 17 students that are not showing up to class due to illness.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
First swine flu case confirmed in Scott County
www.georgetownnews.com...

35 tested for A/H1N1 flu in HK
news.xinhuanet.com...

Infections of A/H1N1 flu amount to 283 in Japan
news.xinhuanet.com...

Zhong Nanshan: Guangzhou alpha suspected cases of influenza H1N1 have been confirmed this morning
pandemicinformationnews.blogspot.com...

NS camps hit by flu, food poisoning

Janaay: It's a cold NOT swine 'flu - so stop looking at me in that way when I am on the bus. 3 minutes ago from web

Five in Wales in swine flu probe
news.bbc.co.uk...

Praise as flu-hit centre reopens
www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk...

Health officials continue to inform about H1N1 virus
www.marionstar.com...

Update on H1N1 (Swine Flu) Virus for Thursday, May 21
www.wytv.com...

Hmmm...
"6 Swine Flu Myths Debunked For You And Your Family`s Safety"
www.mathaba.net...

School closings, emergency room visits and the H1N1 swine flu fear grip New York City.
www.examiner.com...

Officials working to ensure Swine Flu doesn't hit Guam's shores
www.kuam.com...

strawp: @NickDavies h1n1 has reached plants? 4 minutes ago from twhirl

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Remember Adrian Gibbs, virologist who suggested that H1N1 could have been released from a lab, whose theory has since been rejected by WHO?

When that story broke, I sent an email to one of the reporters who posted the story asking when and where Gibbs' report would be published. I just got back a response:

"No, it hasn't been published yet, and I don't know where it will be published. I was in contact with him yesterday and he said he's still working it through with the journal's editors. Shouldn't be too far off."

Not huge news, but I thought it was worth sharing, as it may be coming back up in the MSM soon.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
History tells us swine flu will be back in the fall
www.chillicothegazette.com...

Columbia Health Department urges residents to help in response to swine flu
www.midhudsonnews.com...

HUDSON - Columbia County Health Department is urging people worried about the new flu virus H1N1 to avoid calling 9-1-1 unless they have a true emergency, or going to hospitals and doctors’ offices unless they really need treatment.

Do not rush to your doctor or hospital emergency room to get flu vaccine. Because this is a new virus, there is no effective vaccine at the present time. It will take at least six months to produce a vaccine that could protect you against the new virus. Last season’s flu vaccine will not help against this flu strain. Also, if this virus turns out to spread person-to-person, and you go to a health care facility, you will be at increased risk of exposure to people who are already ill.

The New York State Health Department and the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are investigating to determine how people who are infected with the new strain of flu contracted the illness, and whether any had a travel history. However, confirmation of the new flu strain coincides with an unusual occurrence of influenza-like illness in the region so it is prudent to reduce the amount of time you spend in public places.

Most flu patients can be cared for at home with supportive treatment to reduce their temperature and maintain an adequate fluid intake. However, children should not be given aspirin to reduce pain or fever because it could cause a rare but potentially serious condition called Reye’s syndrome.

Swine flu suspected in over 40 schoolchildren in north China
finchannel.com...

Swine flu: China shuts border with Nepal
www.asianews.it...

Taiwan announces student returning from New York as second case of H1N1
etaiwannews.com

Qinghai to take effective measures to prevent and control bird flu outbreak closely

Northwest China province on avian flu alarm
09:51, May 21, 2009

Egypt reports 2 more human cases of bird flu: Now 74
news.xinhuanet.com...

Parents got quick notice of flu
www.tradingmarkets.com...

ohnmca: Feeling for people of Mexico: 21% drop in Q1 GDP *before* H1N1 virus outbreak!! less than a minute ago from mobile web

Swine flu: pandemic planning for by dummies
scienceblogs.com...

[edit on 5/21/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by blind.face

Very nice graph............I suggest you mark it on your signature........I am going to do the same as well..........that way other members can easily click on your signature to see the graph.........

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Hx3_1963

What is your sleep schedule??
Just curious....some of you like the late hours and early am mornings....

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
6 confirmed cases in the state of Victoria, Australia.

Last night, two more Victorians were diagnosed with the virus, including a 10-year-old girl.
A 25-year-old man also was diagnosed, bringing the state's confirmed cases to six.

www.news.com.au...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Borg have no "Pre-Definied" Re-Gen Hours...

We just fall over when our Batteries deplete...

Hmmm...
HEALTH OFFICIALS GIVES THE ALL CLEAR FOR MASS GATHERINGS
www.lovefm.com...

Cayman still free from H1N1 flu
www.caymannetnews.com...

Rhode Island's 8th Case of Swine Flu Confirmed
www.abc6.com...

Sydney airport on alert as passenger arrives with swine flu symptoms
livenews.com.au...

Flu outbreak closes two more schools
abclocal.go.com

Fourth H1N1 Flu Case Identified in Kalamazoo County
wkzonews.blogspot.com...

Another confirmed case of swine flu in NH
nashuatelegraph.com

Pandemics: avoiding the mistakes of 1918
www.nature.com...

Classification of Swine Influenza Cases
www.hpa.org.uk...

Pandemic flu planning put to test
www.timesdispatch.com...

Melissainau: German school cancelled for Saturday due to H1N1 quarantine. I could mock the overkill, but they are just trying to look after our children. 7 minutes ago from web

JayMMoore: hello swine flu... welcome to Lubbock county!!! half a minute ago from Twittelator

devildoll108: Today's nightmare: swine flu zombies attack In a warehouse and the 4th wall favors them, deaths are rewound twice "funny games" style half a minute ago from Twitterrific

Is swine flu a threat through pigs, or a possible terrorist theat?
naturelifes.co.cc...

mscofino: Woke up feeling absolutely horrible today. Sore throat, runny nose, aches & pains. Hope it's not swine flu! 2 minutes ago from Nambu

3 H1N1 flu cases added in Geary County
www.abilene-rc.com...

Probable swine flu in county
First case has “most likely” arrived, county reports
www.newsreview.com...

Arabs, Jews, and the Swine Flu
www.americanthinker.com...

Back Door:
American swaps crisis for another
newsok.com...

US Navy ship arrives in Cebu
globalnation.inquirer.net...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

I hope you have woken up feeling much better this morning?

For what it's worth, mine started about 3 weeks ago and felt like it would never end. I am a hyperactive person, and it didn't completely wipe me out of energy, so I was still getting things done. It wasn't until I forced myself to stop, renting 6 videos and tucked into bed for 2 straight days that I started to recover. And even when I thought I was recovered, I found if I over did it for a day or 2 I went backwards again.

I hope you recover very soon!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
ooopss....sorry, double post.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by phoenixs1]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Health ministry reinforces inspection as cholera outbreak lingers
www.thanhniennews.com...

1wisewords: My swine flu has come back wit a vengance... Ya boy is sick again... 2 minutes ago from mobile web

Two Cases of Suspected H1N1 in the Canary Islands
www.tenerife-tattle.com...

Swine flu confirmed in nine more local residents
ERIE COUNTY
www.buffalonews.com...

(GEN) TWO SWINE FLU INFECTED PEOPLE TREATED IN ISTANBUL
haber.turk.net...

GioNYC: Yo..what's up twiggas.. I'm in the emergency room checking for swine flu.. Bodies is dropping left and right of that! less than a minute ago from TwitterFon

joleee: Nervous about the H1N1 virus - it's now in Manhattan and the Bronx. 2 minutes ago from web

Pyoungpharma: Just saw a guy wearing a face mask inside his motorcycle helmet. No chance he's getting H1N1. Long as he doesn't suffocate he'll be fine 9 minutes ago from Tweetie

DannyBland: Woke up sick. Feel like the floor of a city bus this am. Might have H1N1. Grrrrr. 9 minutes ago from mobile web

lucastex: when people will get worried? 11k cases and 85 deaths +5 deaths just from yesterday Chck here http://(link tracking not allowed)/ad5DE (expand) #swineflu #influenza #h1n1 10 minutes ago from Tweetie

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jo-Nathan
Hello I'm here in Blackpool,England saying that I have seen an alien, please tell me how to make a story of this on ATS
[snip]

why have you posted that in here? totally wrong thread.

if you want to make a thread on it click new thread below.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by jonny2410]

[mod edit: removed obscenity from quoted content]

[edit on 21-5-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Thank you soooo much for sharing the CDC briefing document with us!

I'm going through it now, but find it interesting that only 6% of the hospitalised cases involved "obesity". I'd guess that at least 6% of the population suffers from obesity, so don't see/believe there is a genuine connection between being obese and being hospitalised.

The asthma numbers are very scary. I live in Australia where we have very high asthma rates amongst our young people.

I also have asthma (only when I'm allergic to something in the air etc) and did notice, that though my congestion seemed to be the equivalent of a mild cold when I was sick, I did get wheezy, which had me quite scared (that has never happened to me before as I've only ever gotten wheezy with allergic reactions, but never with the flu etc). I now seem to have fully recovered and wish I knew for sure it was H1N1 so I wouldn't have to be so concerned about catching it in the future. From what I'm reading, it seems they can only test you while you are still sick with it???

top topics

<< 419  420  421    423  424  425 >>

join