It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 420
<< 417  418  419    421  422  423 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
If the 20% number is even close there is no way it spreads to so many countries so quickly. Infections are probably around 3 infections per person infected.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Hx3, catching up on the thread and you have unloaded a ton of info....

I caught the 2006 video of H5N1 at the end of one of your post and its a very good doc that clearly provides a basic understanding of what and how this virus spreads...

Since there is a chance of H1N1 mutating with H5N1 I thought I would up load so it could be easily seen......

Thank you for your permission to post it here on my post..

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
We've discussed lots of home remedies for use had things gone completely "28 days" and we were faced with treating ourselves or a family member with no external medical support.

The best course of action still remains to avoid infection if at all possible. Some of the best, most scientific advice I've seen for that is:

1. Take 1 to 2K units of Vitamin D per day. (adult men take 2k, avg women 1k, curvy hot mammas 2,, etc). Vitamin D has been proven to prevent infection of influenza.

2. Take high dose of natural Vitamin C. Google for dosage, I personally take an enormous dose as part of a test I was doing. Of course, I stopped taking C completely a week or so before I came down with the upper respiratory infection. I'm back to drinking lots of OJ, blueberry / raspberry / mystery berry with yogurt, hemp powder and juice smoothies.

3. Maintain hand cleaning and separation from facial area.

I felt like a truck hit me last night, eventually managed to eat some soup and felt better until this afternoon when it hit me again. Same symptoms and everything. I picked up some colloidal silver today and plan to give it a try. If any of my symptoms get worse I'll make the long drive to see my personal Dr who basically follows my instructions and signs my Rx's which I fill out. I'm going to have her test me using one of the accurate tests and take blood and urine for analysis. If I don't have the flu I plan to find out what I do have and get rid of it, once and for all.

I have some doses of Tamiflu and I'm debating if should begin taking it tonight. It would probably be a good idea just in case. My CDC buddy still maintains that taking Tamiflu or similar early in the infection will make the difference between mild flu and deadly flu. He / She fears they are not giving it out right now which will raise the number of deaths while tamiflu goes moldy in a big green warehouse.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you mapped places and printed out the maps / GPS coordinates for your "doomsday" kit? I mapped out:
1. Pharmacy warehouses and distribution hubs
2. Grocery warehouses and hubs
3. Produce warehouses
4. Hunting / Camping store warehouses and hubs
5. military armories, warehouses, supply chain hubs, airfields
6. Hummer and Jeep rail yard storage depots
7. small aircraft manufacturers
8. Halliburton airfields and warehouses
9. Yacht builders / repair marinas / docks
10. Private Islands with airstrips

Just wondering if anyone did the same thing and if so, any places I missed? (This is not a complete list)

I am a fan of colloidal and found that it works very well when nebulized.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
based on eco's list of marked maps, would a Wal-Mart or Walgreens (US) or Canadian Tire(Can) distribution warehouse have everything you need? I know here WalMart carries everything you would need except firearms but Canadian Tire has that. There are distribution warehouses that would not get military protection if TSHTF, at least early on.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
News round-up...

20.5.09 from the Associated Press...

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported more than 5,700 confirmed and probable cases of swine flu in 47 states and Washington, D.C.

The World Health Organization said 41 countries have reported more than 10,000 cases, mostly in the U.S. and Mexico. The organization said 80 deaths have been reported."

---###---

20.5.09 from Reuters...

"The number of confirmed cases of the new Influenza A (H1N1) flu has risen to 10,243 and the death toll has edged up to 80, the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Wednesday.

Most of the new cases are in the United States, which has seen 5,469 outbreaks of the virus so far, the WHO said as it focuses on the H1N1 virus that has brought the world to the brink of a pandemic.

Another 51 cases have also been reported in Japan, bringing the total number of cases there to 210 and potentially making it more likely that the WHO will declare a full pandemic after it raised its pandemic alert last month to 5 on a 6-level scale."

---###---

20.5.09 from The New York Times...

"Confirming the first impressions of many American and Mexican doctors, federal health officials said on Wednesday that people born before 1957 appear to have some immunity to the swine flu virus now circulating."

---###---

20.5.09 from Bloomberg.com...

"Two high school students have been confirmed as the first cases of swine flu in the Tokyo area after they returned from a school trip to New York, local government officials said."

---###---

20.5.09 from the London Telegraph...

"The drug-resistant infection triggers a form of pneumonia in those weakened by viruses such as swine flu and kills half its victims in under 72 hours. A report in health journal The Lancet Infectious Diseases said the infection could raise the death risk among potential swine flu victims. It can live in the nose or throat and pose no danger – but if the carrier is weakened by a virus like flu it can cause the lung condition.

Epidemics expert Professor Mark Enright, of London's Imperial College, told The Sun: "CA-MRSA pneumonia is particularly dangerous due to the aggressive nature of the infection and the difficulty in treatment."

Dr Alicia Hidron of Emory University in Atlanta, said that, unlike many other forms of the superbug, CA-MRSA hits the young rather than the old and frail. In one case, a previously healthy 45-year-old woman spread it to her 36-year-old male partner.
Infections expert Professor Richard James, of the University of Nottingham, told the newspaper: "The threat from CA-MRSA in the US is a very serious concern, especially if there is an epidemic. It could trigger a large number of cases of necrotizing pneumonia, which has a mortality rate of 50 per cent in 72 hours."

---###---

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK
reply to post by cornblossom

yeah but our governments have scared everyone into being sunscreen slapping, stay under cover freaks!

Dont worship the sun and seek a nutmeg tan... but please people nature gives us our needs.. the sun is one of our Vit D givers.. for free and without E numbers...

So yes... GET out in the sun peeps!

I snipped out a few things from your quote to make it shorter - hope you don't mind--

Anyway - most people can go in the sun and it will be great for them --- except for people like me who are allergic to the sun - I was literally out in the late afternoon sun for 10 minutes 2 days ago and am paying for it still -- I will just have to pick up some more Vit. D to have on hand . . .

btw - this week is Fleet Week in NYC - I think it is supposed to be smaller than usual but still there were 5 Navy Ships, 1 Coast Guard Cutter and 3 Canadian Vessels in the Parade of Ships - lots and lots of young people walking around NY -- also it is Memorial Day Weekend - that means in my area we will be inundated by people escaping the city for the weekend - I expect that cases of Flu will be working their way further out east on Long Island along with surrounding areas of Manhattan after this week.

oh HERE is where I got the numbers about Fleet Week

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Since it's become such a huge point of contention, taking up two of the last three pages of the thread I'll address it one time and be done with it.

We've covered this a half dozen times and for some reason every time someone points out the games being played in the media we get the same group of people jumping in to post the same exact excuses. Over and over and over. ...

It's a distraction that makes for a great side discussion on intellectualism I suppose but I'm really not worried about that right now. I have bigger issues to keep an eye on.

Ecoparity:

Just noticed this when reviewing your thread (was writing on the your thread with posts at this same time so missed it). I can only assume that your comments were targeting me--due to specific content.

Since I am being a distractor vs. contributor to your thread, I'll just read from now on and not post--if you haven't ignored me by now anyway. Don't want to get banned at this critical time

Looking forward to reading. Keep up the good work

--

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I was reading the thread at work and could not post a response to the flu and water transmission. Here is a very interesting piece on the flu and its life in freezing conditions. So as our ice caps melt....

Flu Pandemics May Lurk in Frozen Lakes

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

He was probably talking about me. Not to worry. I don't think you'll be banned.

Questioning is important. Questioning the facts is important.

Questioning oneself and the alternative ideas is ALSO important.

Carry On!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asherah

Originally posted by ecoparityI am a fan of colloidal and found that it works very well when nebulized.

For bacterial infections, nebulizing a water soluable form of oregano oil may also be useful. I think the one I have in my cupboard is called H2Orega.

[edit on 2009/5/20 by Aeons]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968
based on eco's list of marked maps, would a Wal-Mart or Walgreens (US) or Canadian Tire(Can) distribution warehouse have everything you need? I know here WalMart carries everything you would need except firearms but Canadian Tire has that. There are distribution warehouses that would not get military protection if TSHTF, at least early on.

They don't carry assault rifles so in my case not quite everything. The idea is to have plenty of back ups mapped because if you thought of it so did 20 other people and you have to keep in mind the possibility of being shot at if you drive up to one that someone's decided to move into rather than just taking what they need and leaving the rest for other people.

If I can get to a working plane or better yet a helicopter with fuel available I'll have no worries other than avoiding the bad guys. A Gulfstream modified with guns, missiles and chaff would be a gift from heaven but I'll take a Bell Jet Ranger and all the guns I can weld on if things get "sparse".

I don't think we even stand a 1% chance of things getting to that point right now, not from this crisis anyway.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Just wanted to ask you before I quit the day: how are you feeling,any better?

I think this "holiday" weekend may be very telling indeed in many ways.

Thanks to all one more,yet again!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonjah1

Since it's become such a huge point of contention, taking up two of the last three pages of the thread I'll address it one time and be done with it.

We've covered this a half dozen times and for some reason every time someone points out the games being played in the media we get the same group of people jumping in to post the same exact excuses. Over and over and over. ...

It's a distraction that makes for a great side discussion on intellectualism I suppose but I'm really not worried about that right now. I have bigger issues to keep an eye on.

Ecoparity:

Just noticed this when reviewing your thread (was writing on the your thread with posts at this same time so missed it). I can only assume that your comments were targeting me--due to specific content.

Since I am being a distractor vs. contributor to your thread, I'll just read from now on and not post--if you haven't ignored me by now anyway. Don't want to get banned at this critical time

Looking forward to reading. Keep up the good work

--

It's not "my thread" and if I was talking to you I would have hit reply to one of your posts so your name would be lit up like it is above.

I'm not a mod and the poster who you're actually referring to was asked by quite a few people to move on with the discussion and quit spamming the thread with the same exact post over and over again, basically. If someone crosses the line I'm sure the ATS mods will deal with it. It's not my place to do anything other than ask someone to stop and / or ignore them. I'm not aware of you having done anything to hurt the discussion.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

Do you want to hear something funky about the magnets? I had been using the "immortality device" for years. (I stopped a couple of years ago however.)

I went to a doctor a couple of years back, and they did a blood test on me, and told me that I was at risk of getting Chicken Pox...But I told them that I already had Chicken Pox when I was 10 years old.

In response, the doctor told me that I did not have the Chicken Pox antibodies, so I couldn't have had Chicken Pox. I believe the rings got rid of the antibodies some how.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

That post was hilarious, although an Apache gunship would be ideal

If TSHTF, then it's important to realise that there are good people out there, willing to help their fellow man/woman. Perhaps we need to 'mark' ourselves somehow, to show good intent from distance, before an overprotective 'patriot' lines you up for a sniper shot from 300yards away.

Bearing arms for defence is reasonable, but we need to kill of the elite first and foremost.

I hope you get better soon Eco, you're a stalwart to this thread.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic

Just wanted to ask you before I quit the day: how are you feeling,any better?

I think this "holiday" weekend may be very telling indeed in many ways.

Thanks to all one more,yet again!

I'm taking Tamiflu on the advice of one of my medical research friends. He thinks the virus is bouncing between a very low level and high enough to feel and that may be part of what makes this virus create the kind of effects it does in people. I'm taking a dose per his instructions and reporting my hourly stats back to him (pulse, pressure, temp, respiration and general symptoms).

He thinks the Tamiflu might work if the infection level is just ramping up in my body right now similar to how it would be in the first 48 hours of a new infection. If it works he's going to write it up for the Medical Journals and pass the info on to the CDC so they can spread the word about it as a treatment approach in other long time line infected persons. (I love playing lab rat but if it works it may save some people).

I feel like crap, since you asked. It's better than it was before I started the Tamiflu though so we're hopeful right now. I'm having trouble staying awake but I'm not trying to fight to stay up too hard. My body is probably fighting. I'm short of breath but no blue fingertips or lips yet and I've felt that way since I got sick.

I'm not coughing as much, not much at all compared to before. I'm sore as hell and my head and throat hurt. I'm drinking tea w/ honey.

The worst thing would be the body aches but my research "partner" called me in some oxycontin so science does have it's benefits. The dry / sore throat thing is the most annoying symptom. I sound like Barry White thanks to the opiates and the "swine flu rasp" thing.

I have some meetings with some people in the a.m. to discuss current events and get another update. Everyone minus one person feels we're about to see major action that might result in the lid blowing off this entire disaster.

Goodnight and enjoy the sleep.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Don't worry he was probably talking about several of us.

If you follow the terms and conditions of ATS I doubt you will get banned.

This thread is owned by ATS, LLC. It is not the property of any member.

We are a discussion forum. That's what we do. We question, we answer, we try to find the truth in all the mix.

I am as worried and concerned as any member that is posting on this thread. I believe we all just want the truth.

No one but a moderator or an owner can tell you that you cannot post in this thread. Stay on topic, be civil and remember you do have a good measure of free speech while on ATS.

It would behove us all to calm down and remember we are in this together.
We really need to work together in this time of crisis.

We need each other.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
U.S. Says Older People Appear Safer From New Flu Strain

Couple of quotes of interest -

In the United States, 78 percent of the influenza samples subtyped since the last weekly report are the new swine flu, meaning that it is persisting as the seasonal flu is disappearing.

In the United States, 78 percent of the influenza samples subtyped since the last weekly report are the new swine flu, meaning that it is persisting as the seasonal flu is disappearing.

A different and milder H1N1 emerged in 1977. It was isolated in China but is called the Russian flu because of a suspicion it escaped from a Soviet laboratory. That H1N1, the 1968 H3N2 and a B strain have all circulated in humans ever since, and the seasonal flu shot is aimed at them.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Fight Flu

www.phac-aspc.gc.ca...

(see FAQ for more interesting reading)

719 Confirmed Cases in Canada.

Be aware that Canada is ONLY reporting confirmed cases.

[edit on 2009/5/20 by Aeons]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

EUROPE might have more H1N1 swine flu than it knows. The virus could be circulating widely but not being spotted simply because people are not being tested.

europe may be blind to flu cases

top topics

<< 417  418  419    421  422  423 >>

join