It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 404
<< 401  402  403    405  406  407 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Here's a followup article to the one you just posted.

'Patients will suffer' from Chalk River shutdown: medical imaging industry

Patients in North America will face delays in medical treatment as a result of the month-long shutdown of an Ontario nuclear reactor that supplies medical isotopes, says a spokesman for the medical imaging industry. The shutdown is occurring at a time when three out of four other reactors in the world that produce the isotopes are also off-line.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Tings are certainly escalating in the usa...Here is our country's take on things...if ya want to have a laugh...note how many times our chief medical officer coughs!!! Love my country!!!
Sorry forgot the link!!! Laughing too much x
www.dohc.ie...

[edit on 19-5-2009 by isaacbrown]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

SO sorry this is hitting you hard! It sucks to be sick,plain and simple.

A couple of the best "things" I have done at the point of "no return" aka going to the doctor when sick as you describe is to get in a HOT bath (I know,real men don't take baths,LOL! You can do it! ) with lots of Epsom salts and a goodly toss in of Hydrogen Peroxide.

They will help release toxins from your body,promise! Steep,steam,and sweat it out as much as you can...follow up with a ton of Vick's Vaporub on soles of feet and chest/neck area and get in bed with socks and a shirt on...more if you insist.

You will sleep,the ultimate healer.

Drink as much HOT ginger tea or if you can stand it,garlic tea...brew up both with fresh ingredients or hit up the health food store for bags.Use boiling water,steep @ 10 minutes and sweeten with Agave or honey,both are natural healers and will help get the gunk out!

These two "simple things" have kept my butt out of the ER for severe respitory issues more than once.

Hoping you'll feel better VERY soon and please get some rest.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by irishchic]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by isaacbrown
Tings are certainly escalating in the usa...Here is our country's take on things...if ya want to have a laugh...note how many times our chief medical officer coughs!!! Love my country!!!
Sorry forgot the link!!! Laughing too much x
www.dohc.ie...

I noticed that, and got a good laugh at it last week. The people telling you to remain calm while having a coughing fit.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Source

A new swine flu vaccine will not be available for several months - with work on the vaccine, which will take months to produce, not starting until mid-July.

The World Health Organisation says that making the swine flu vaccine is proving more difficult than experts first thought and work is starting weeks later than expected.

According to vaccine experts convened by WHO, swine flu virus is not growing very fast in laboratories, making it difficult for scientists to get the key ingredient they need for a vaccine, the "seed stock" from the virus, the agency reported.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Not to compromise your "situations", but, maybe updating your avatar location's would give US a better idea of what's going on in your "Areas"...

A lot of times when you post we have no reference, as to, location...to correlate our response to situations...just a "mild" suggestion

H1N1 Flu Case Confirmed in Crawford County
www.wkbt.com...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic

SO sorry this is hitting you hard! It sucks to be sick,plain and simple.

A couple of the best "things" I have done at the point of "no return" aka going to the doctor when sick as you describe is to get in a HOT bath (I know,real men don't take baths,LOL! You can do it! ) with lots of Epsom salts and a goodly toss in of Hydrogen Peroxide.

They will help release toxins from your body,promise! Steep,steam,and sweat it out as much as you can...follow up with a ton of Vick's Vaporub on soles of feet and chest/neck area and get in bed with socks and a shirt on...more if you insist.

You will sleep,the ultimate healer.

Drink as much HOT ginger tea or if you can stand it,garlic tea...brew up both with fresh ingredients or hit up the health food store for bags.Use boiling water,steep @ 10 minutes and sweeten with Agave or honey,both are natural healers and will help get the gunk out!

These two "simple things" have kept my butt out of the ER for severe respitory issues more than once.

Hoping you'll feel better VERY soon and please get some rest.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by irishchic]

The master bath has a garden tub, I use it as my private hot tub minus the air jets.

If I ever find some rural land (hopefully very soon) I plan to build a pool and extremely large hot tub with an isolation cave (instead of tank) as part of the sustainable earthship. (I plan to build an underground home with above ground enhancements). The aqua lounge will of course be part of the underground hydro farm which runs through the entire house. (The swimming pool forms the salt water "ocean" in the biosphere). If I do it right the greenhouse will "rain" each day without mechanical add ons.

I like showers, of course and plan to build one hell of a "waterfall" shower for the master area but nothing beats a hot bath with a shower. I'm working on a design for moveable bath tubs but I have this weird idea to add natural plants and minerals to the salt water so the bath is the perfect PH level, has the right minerals for the skin and has the aroma of the plants and minerals rather than adding chemicals into a tub and then draining it all away. By using the right natural cleansers the bath will "clean" itself constantly.

Thanks for the suggestion, I was actually just thinking about going to get a tea and steam up the bathroom like a sauna for a nap in the bath.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Prime Minister Stephen Harper tours Canada's National Microbiology Laboratory

Prime Minister Stephen Harper tours Canada's National Microbiology Laboratory in Winnipeg with (right) Dr. Frank Plummer, Scientific Director General. He stopped in the Level 2 lab with Dr. Yan Li (left), Chief of the Influenza and Respiratory Viruses Section which is doing research on the H1N1 flu virus.

There's not really an in depth article about this news, at least from this source. Basically just a picture of Harper sitting in a lab/office at the National Microbiology Lab today.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

ok irish chic...he's mine...lol after that last post lol!!!
Sorry off topic...you may have an advantage over me though....me male x

On a serious note though...is there many of us here in ireland...lurkers an all keeping an update to whats going on???

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I have been following this as I have been sick for 11 days now with the low grade fever, lungs full of crud but the x-rays coming back clean, on antibiotics to keep the soup in my lungs from going septic. Body pain that feels like a pinched nerve. And the cough that will not stop. My doctor's comment was probable N1H1. However sense I was not having any problem keeping food down I was not tested.

Things that helped me. Antihistamines, makes no clear sense however it worked to help keep my lungs clear. Hot mint tea. Hot showers. Coffee as a bronc dilator.

Key points if not already covered. This is not being over in 7 days like the normal flu. From exposure to getting sick about 6 days for my wife who got it from me.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
You notice what I do?? Student/School/ect...

Again I ask...is the "Aspirin" a part played?

Official: Closing schools in face of swine flu may not be best choice
www.cnn.com...

Four new cases of swine flu identified; one is a student at Anuenue School
www.honoluluadvertiser.com...

St. Vrain suspects bus driver has swine flu
www.dailycamera.com...

Swine Flu and Schools Closings: FAQ
abcnews.go.com...

Swine flu now confirmed at six Laredo public schools
www.pro8news.com...

[edit on 5/19/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
USA

BNO NEWS) State officials tell BNO News that a person in Arizona has died from swine flu. No further details were immediately available.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

You beat me by THAT much

Seems Mr Eco's time frame is beginning to play out...

# (BNO NEWS) State officials tell BNO News that a person in Arizona has died from swine flu. No further details were immediately available.3 minutes ago from TweetDeck

# BNO News confirms a person in Arizona has died from swine flu.5 minutes ago from TweetDeck

State officials tell BNO News that a person in Arizona has died from swine flu. No further details were immediately available.5 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

A 59-year-old German tourist who died of flu-like symptoms at a Thai beach resort was initially tested positive for H1N1 at a lab in Bangkok, but authorities are awaiting further tests before confirming the country\'s possible first swine-flu fatality.
- Thailand

Hmmm... Deaths are increasing quite rapidly but that could just be due to the increase in number of infections... The thing that worries me the most is it meeting H5N1. Well for now that is what frightens me.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by LoneInDarkness]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
So its been awhile since i have been on this thread but would you say things of getting worse or not, globally, europe, usa ect ?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
reply to post by asala

You beat me by THAT much

# (BNO NEWS) State officials tell BNO News that a person in Arizona has died from swine flu. No further details were immediately available.3 minutes ago from TweetDeck

# BNO News confirms a person in Arizona has died from swine flu.5 minutes ago from TweetDeck

State officials tell BNO News that a person in Arizona has died from swine flu. No further details were immediately available.5 minutes ago from web

Would that be the second death in Arizona? Wasn't there one post earlier today?

Been out of the loop for a few hours. I wanted to get my son outside for some fresh air and sunshine.

I am glad that so many years ago I did not move to a big city like I had planned. That is turning out to be a very good decision with all of this going around now. We have a big yard and my son can enjoy the day without my fear of there being infected people all over the place. As long as my wife doesnt bring it home from work!

My question is this isnt airborne is it? As in It could just be flying around in the air and you could get it? Houses in my area are about 25 to 50 yards apart, so if some one sneezed near there open window or in their yard, could you get it?

Again, thanks a lot for all the info people! I would have been totally lost to all of this stuff if I hadnt found this place not to long ago

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

WELL...it depends...

MSM reported 1...

CDC shows 2...

Hmmm...

So this would be 3? from AZ???

You tell me...

I have the "old" "to much to handle/keep track of" going on in my "collective"...

Wall St/NAU Flu/you name it...how is anyone supposed to keep track now?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

I couldn't agree more!! It is really hard to follow everything going on right now. I follow Wall St. really close to.

All the info is getting really hard to follow and digest. I am pretty much in a state of confusion all the time now.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

Foot note version:
Infection is spreading quickly H2H
Mortality rate is just under 1% but that is IMHO a high rate of death for a bug.

I think is progressing at a higher clip than seasonal flu so it is worse.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

I never heard of the Vicks on the feet before, but love it for chest congestion. I don't know if I could do the tea, you boil raw garlic and sweeten it? I am sick of this crap in my lungs and my daughter forgot the meds so no mucinex for me tonight and I may have to try anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 401  402  403    405  406  407 >>

join