It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 402
<< 399  400  401    403  404  405 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Missouri reports man's death from swine flu

ST. LOUIS, May 19 (Reuters) - A 44-year-old man diagnosed with the new H1N1 flu died in a hospital on Tuesday, the seventh person to die in the United States from the new virus, St Louis County health officials said.

An investigation will be conducted to confirm if so-called swine flu was the cause of the unnamed man's death, according to the St. Louis County Health Department. He had become ill two weeks ago after traveling in Mexico last month, a county spokesman said.

The different articles on this seem to be disappearing not sure what to make of it.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

This is the joy of the medical system I deal with. Being disabled I am on medicare and if the doc says no test...it is no test! I am worried though, I have never had anything like this before that would not let go.

New meds coming when my daughter gets home with them, a steroidal inhaler, not something I am very happy about, but i gotta breathe!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I have no fear of Aspirin just know my facts when it comes to medications...kinda happens when you do medical reports for a living.

There are plenty alternatives to Aspirin, so people should be well informed so not cause themselves undo risk.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Could H1N1 start to resist drugs?
www.reuters.com...

# Sarasota, Florida, USA: 3 confirmed casesSource: Florida Department of HealthDate: 15 May 20092 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Palm Beach, Florida: 2 confirmed casesSource: Florida Department of HealthDate: 15 May 20092 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# St. Johns county, Florida, USA: 2 confirmed casesSource: Florida Department of HealthDate 15 may 20092 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Massachusetts: State Health Officials Confirm a Total of 171 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) : Date: May 19, 2009 20:00 UTC Risk: Medium ..16 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Washington: State Health Officials Confirm 410 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Statewide; Kitsap County Confirms First Case of Virus: Dat..16 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Mississippi: Fifth Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed by State Health Officials : Date: May 19, 2009 18:55 UTC Risk: Medium The Cla..16 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Iowa: CDC Confirms 71 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Statewide: Date: May 19, 2009 18:51 UTC Risk: Low Local media report that state hea..16 minutes ago from twitterfeed

[edit on 5/19/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Missouri reports man's death from swine flu

ST. LOUIS, May 19 (Reuters) - A 44-year-old man diagnosed with the new H1N1 flu died in a hospital on Tuesday, the seventh person to die in the United States from the new virus, St Louis County health officials said.

An investigation will be conducted to confirm if so-called swine flu was the cause of the unnamed man's death, according to the St. Louis County Health Department. He had become ill two weeks ago after traveling in Mexico last month, a county spokesman said.

The different articles on this seem to be disappearing not sure what to make of it.

That happens all the time. Eventually a board like this one will have to host space for people to 'copy" full screenshots of articles so that when they start to disappear, there is still copies around. This will eventually allow people to hold the MSM to account for their rolling blackouts.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I don't think ATS would host full articles due to copyright reasons. I've been archiving as many articles a day that I can since April 27th on a blog of mine. I've been noticing lots of stories vanishing already the past 2 weeks so I'm glad I have backup.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieSlayer
reply to post by Aeons

I don't think ATS would host full articles due to copyright reasons. I've been archiving as many articles a day that I can since April 27th on a blog of mine. I've been noticing lots of stories vanishing already the past 2 weeks so I'm glad I have backup.

I don't have the time or energy to do that, but I commend you for doing so. Perhaps we can start another thread exploring the possibilities of how to take copies and share them with out violating laws. The rolling blackouts drive me bonkers.

[edit on 2009/5/19 by Aeons]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
There is also still the case of the 28 year old offshore oil worker still being considered. The fact that the CDC has 2 deaths in Arizona is strange as well. All of the confirmed and suspected to be confirmed cases total 9 right now.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Oh great.....I have been popping aspirin since the day I got sick, I didn't have any Tylenol!

I had no idea this many of us were sick on here, I have been just barely keeping up here, and we all have the same thing. Low or no fever, starting with a sore throat and dry cough, total wipeout of energy, and a cough full of crap that nearly drown me!

I nearly had a fit when I saw the MRSA stuff, my daughter contracted ORSA during her hospitalization, we think she got it initially from the baby in the NICU but it took her over! I mean this staph is no joke! Her incision had to be reopened and drained, it got to her blood stream and she was on vancomyacin and gentomyacin for nearly 3 1/2 months before that crap finally got out of her system. AND THAT WAS ORSA THE LESS RESISTANT OF THEM!

Pretty much anyone in an ICU is at increased risk of these staph infections and when you are on a vent....well you already know that risk is there. Very convienient for them to throw that in. Most people don't know a thing about staph and that would sure be a great distraction!

[edit on 5/19/2009 by redhead57]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic
reply to post by ecoparity
[more)

I can guarentee y'all that those healthy adults among us who pay almost $600.00 for private health care coverage (self-employed) will HAVE to pay through the nose for any "shots" that come our way!
And that we'll be paying for a good number of those who can't or won't take care of their medical needs.

I agree that it's sure a sad state of affairs as to who holds that power of life and dealth...could it be however that THIS is one reason why they aren't handling as a "pandemic" yet?

Because the politics of vaccines and financial profits haven't been irons out over lunch yet?

I'm starting to think you may be the female version of me. Like you, I believe the level 6 delay has everything to do with keeping the vaccines in the realm of capitalism and away from nationalization.

At level 6 the vaccine companies are required to repay certain arrangements they have with the DOD, DHS and FEMA by providing seed stock for vaccine production as well as turning over available facilities for use in said production. The idea being the government will take over the management of vaccine creation, shipping and delivery. The vaccine companies are entitled to some compensation for the use of their resources under this emergency plan but the difference between a fat, profitable level 5 effort where corners can be cut and all the funds are obtained vs. a cost based model with no profit makes big pharma boys cry.

This is more political pull than just the pharma companies though. The federal reserve banks and international finance houses are also on board as the current economy has to be managed with an iron fist in order to avoid unbalancing the pyramids and exposing the various schemes at play. Two weeks of isolation could eliminate the pandemic but the economy would grind to a halt.

You and I, our families and even our jobs can handle that just fine. The system in place which moves interest and tax monies up the chain and into the biggest banks requires constant feeding. Closing those pipes for even a few days will shred the carefully managed accounts and the musical chair transfers they use. They require time to prepare for such an event and a damn good reason to do so. Millions of people dead across the World is not even on the long list of "good reasons".

I think you may very well be the "Y" to eco's "X". And a stealth geek as well. If only I were younger, less married and much better looking. Oh well, let's just be friends.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

~B-I-N-G-O~

I was running a Back Door: on the other thread watching "deals and events"

"eco & irish" is that like "Ebony & Ivory"

See the latest headlines...squabbling over revenues/sites/donors???

The perfect "storm"?

I no share GI Joe...I take Bally and go homey...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Honored I'm sure and again,I agree with your logic.

The consequences such as you mention would indeed bring the wheels to a grinding hault based as much on "fear" as the reality of a highly contagious and life-threatening virus.People might actually stay home and start to take precautions and with a Holiday weekend,the Summer travel season,and all those "plans" that start in June for many, it simply wouldn't do.
This wouldn't suit the plan or the purpose of those in the "loop"...the very fact that they're actively soliciting "funding and donations" for a flippin' vaccine that hasn't yet been created in order to supply emerging nations clued me to their plans along with of course,the dealings with Baxter and the other so called "experts" contracted to create the obviously highly-prized plum injections.
Remember a few years ago when there was a "shortage" of regular flu-injections? I was battling my chronic asthma at that point (pre taking matters into my own hands) and tried EVERYTHING to get one of those bloody shots to no avail: the fact that I couldn't get it caused me to want it even more and to be willing to pay "whatever" if I could find it.

Gee...ya' think this might happen again???

Not sure you'd need to be anything other than the honest and obviously intelligent guy you are but I'll take friend and consider myself one lucky girl,flu be damned,LOL!

Hugs without bio-suit to you and as usual,thanks for helping the level of sanity on this volatile subject remain within reach!

[edit on 19-5-2009 by irishchic]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Proof that even when you think you're gonna die, life doesn't end.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Stop...you know I love you best Borg!!!

Have you caught on that men with "minds" are my weakness and that I find mental/verbal aptitudes hot as hell???

Literally how many of us would have given up on scraping through the muck to find any articles at all about what's happening it it weren't for your abilities and insistance!

I'm taking this all pretty damn seriously at this point and by popping in here as often as I can,the info levels me out from becoming reclusive and offers intelligent options based on facts.

I was away when you got "bit*h slapped by the Mods,probably a good thing,LOL! I would not have been happy and I haven't been here long enough to cause a scene...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

I am all jealous now..........I think I am going to end it now and just take the vaccine when it comes.........

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Oh girl stop...yer gonna give me a even more increased cranial circumference
then I'd have to dig up more Federation Credits for even more implants

Sicker People More Vulnerable to Swine Flu: CDC
news.yahoo.com...
Hmmm...ya think? I NEVER would of thought of that!

2 Mass. schools close after rash of illnesses
www.swineflunews.org...

2 Vegas Children Have Mild Swine Flu
31 Confirmed Cases In Nevada
www.swineflunews.org...

Three more cases of Swine Flu in Monroe County
www.toledoonthemove.com...

Berks Soars To 10 Confirmed Cases Of Swine Flu
wfmz.com...

Japanese stay away as swine flu spreads
www.bizjournals.com...

Confirmed NJ swine flu cases now number 18
www.philly.com...

[edit on 5/19/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Nooooooo.....do NOT TAKE THE VACCINE!!!

I'll pencil you in,promise! If it all hits the fan,y'all can come here to my ranch and we'll sort it all out over cocktails and tamiflu,LOLROF!

You are incredibly special, unbelieveably brilliant,and again,one of the reasons I've stayed partially sane in recent days over all this chit.

Thank you again as well...might as well get my kuddos out today where they are due and I'm sure many others feel likewise...this subject is a complex,far-reaching,extremely interesting but potentially terrifying one that I feel merits a good deal of my personal attention lately.

God knows I'm not playing the markets,LOL!

As someone with chronic asthma (I control with strict diet and exercise,clean-living, and positive thinking...) the possiblity of contracting this virus has literally caused me to lose sleep.
As healthy as I am now,the regular flu has almost done me in twice in the past so needless to say,I'm not a paranoid alarmist but rather very cautious and I t cannot afford to bury my head in my high-thread count sheets!

I wish I could believe it will "get better" but honestly,my gut is telling me the worst is yet to come either because of the virus itself or because of the absolutely dis-regard for us all as this is being "handled."

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I hope you are right,
I know you are not,
I wish you were,
I know different.

Save your anger and wrath .. go play with your children if you have them... go paint that picture, write that book...

Dont waste your time on here with us 'weirdos' who want to beive armageddon is here and wafting in our faces....

We are clearly not 'your type' of play mates....

Go have fun... chill....

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

Hopefully after all this mess......your hub and you will make a visit back to AR..........I will throw a Swine/Avian Flu Suvivor crawfish boil (being from Louisiana).......I think some of those Arkanzans like the duds.........

new topics

top topics

<< 399  400  401    403  404  405 >>

join