It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 401
<< 398  399  400    402  403  404 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The same happened to me too...was 95.9 for the first couple of days.

The NY Times did report on the fact that 1 in 3 cases being confirmed at hospital, including seriously ill, had no fever.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

You've just made my ignore list. You're promoting aspirin for the flu? Aspirin kills many people each year because it inhibits the bodies natural ability to curb rna replication via fever.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by Aeons

You've just made my ignore list. You're promoting aspirin for the flu? Aspirin kills many people each year because it inhibits the bodies natural ability to curb rna replication via fever.

Inflammation people. Inflammation and mucus is what kills you with this flu.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Almonds may boost immune function

Lab experiments indicate that almonds have the potential to boost immune health and reduce inflammation, according to research reported Tuesday at the annual meeting of the American Society for Microbiology in Philadelphia.

www.reuters.com...

Start eating your almonds folks

Anybody else noticing an increase of articles the past few weeks in the MSM promoting different foods, etc as immune boosters?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Anyone has any news about the new 4 or five swine flu deaths today?
The US toll is 10 or 11 now.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
US Centers for Disease Control: Swine flu Director's Update Brief, Day of Long Range Workforce Planning, 19 May 2009
The newest briefing for CDC director.

I never read one of these before. The last page has some interesting summarization:

Themes
• Death of asst. principal - school closings in NYC
• Outbreak is not “winding down”
– Spreading rapidly throughout the world (“spreading like wildfire”)
– Spreading faster than the seasonal virus
– Japan swine flu cases surge, most are teenagers
• WHO annual meeting to consider: 1) raising pandemic alert to level 6, and 2) vaccine production
questions
• Potential for ebb during the summer and return of cases in the fall (”return with a vengeance”)

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Giving Aspirin for flu is not good advice.

Treating flu with Aspirin has been well documented to cause Reye's Syndrome

www.reyessyndrome.org/aspirin.html

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
# Brevard county, Florida, USA: 2 confirmed caseSource: Florida Department of HealthDat 15 may 20097 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Duval county, Florida, USA: 1 confirmed caseSource: Florida Department of healthDate 15 May 20098 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Flagler county, Florida, USA: 1 confirmed caseSource: Florida Health DepartmentDate: 15 May 20098 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Mannatee county, Florida, USA: 1 confirmed caseSource: Florida Health DepartmentDate: 15 May 20098 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Lake City, Florida, USA: 1 confirmed caseSource: Florida Health DepartmentDate 15 May 20098 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Sullivan County's first swine flu case confirmed; possible tie to Mets game
recordonline.com

Health Department confirms swine flu case in Lackawanna County
www.scrantontimes.com...

Poor countries 'far from ready' for flu pandemic
www.alertnet.org...

A Lethal Mixture: Swine and Bird Flu. Can We Trust Baxter, GSK and the WHO?
www.ageofautism.com...

Two New Confirmed Cases of H1N1 in FWISD
www.fwisd.org...

Swine flu fears shutter another NYC school
www.wcax.com...

[edit on 5/19/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nanbei

The latest figures we have are 6 confirmed deaths

and

another 2 unconfirmed but likely in a toddler in NYC and a 44 yo man in MO.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by jonny2410]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
California records 30 swine flu hospitalizations
The Associated Press
Posted: 05/19/2009 01:14:43 PM PDT

LOS ANGELES—A new report has documented 30 swine flu-related hospitalizations in California since the start of the outbreak.
There have been no deaths. The majority recovered though some experienced more severe symptoms.

Tuesday's report published by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that two-thirds of those hospitalized had at least one underlying medical condition such as chronic lung or heart disease or a weak immune system.

Thirteen percent needed ventilators. None were exposed to pigs.
www.mercurynews.com...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

After I read what Ecoparity said about Mersa I remembered something.

My daughter's friend of 15 years was visiting last year in the last week of May.
He seemed perfectly healthy sitting in my livingroom.
He was laughing and talking like he always had.
One week later, June 4th 2008 he died.
They said he died from Mersa and Pneumonia and that he literally drowned and had infection all thru his body.He had a fever when he arrived at the hospital.
That night he was put on a ventilator.

It just seems impossible that he could get sick and die that fast.

My family has had questions as to what he may have
really died from.

Is it possible that this virus was around that far back?
No one else in the family became ill.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A St. Louis County man died today from medical complications he developed after coming down with a severe case of the flu caused by the 2009 H1N1 virus, according to a news release from the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services.
The man, age 44, is the first Missouri resident and the eighth person in the United States to die after becoming ill with the 2009 H1N1 flu virus, commonly known as the swine flu.
www.marshallnews.com...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I just found a gov contract posting for the CDC....

Study of Pandemic Influenza: Critical and Commodity Vulnerabilities

www.fbo.gov...

C.1 Background and Need – During an influenza pandemic, not only will human health be adversely affected around the globe; the worldwide economy will be adversely impacted as well. With just-in-time supply chains the norm, any disruption of that chain will affect the supply of important critical products and commodities (including but not limited to energy products, pharmaceuticals, agricultural products, food and food products, drinking water and waste water treatment systems). Disruption in the production of critical products and commodities will have devastating impacts on the functioning of communities and critical infrastructure and key resources during a pandemic. It is imperative that national and state level planners know which of these commodities is at greatest risk of disruption and how best to plan for, and mitigate, the consequences of those disruptions

C.2 Project Objective – To provide an objective assessment of the most vulnerable critical products/commodities during an Influenza Pandemic and to develop strategies and plans for mitigating these identified vulnerabilities in order to strengthen and make more resilient, their supply chain

I just find it odd (timing) that our gov/cdc is bidding out a contract to study the vulnerability of products and commodities and how the supply could be affected...........Not sure if this is an anual study or not......but the timing of this caught my eye.....This bid was posted on May 12/09

[edit on 19-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

[edit on 19-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Husband says wife had been healthy until swine flu
39 minutes ago

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (AP) — The husband of the first American with swine flu to die denies reports that she had a pre-existing medical condition.

Steven Trunnell told CNN's "Larry King Live" Monday night that Judy Trunnell was "a healthy pregnant woman" who had never been diagnosed with "major medical complications of any kind."
www.google.com...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoreallyknows
reply to post by Aeons

Giving Aspirin for flu is not good advice.

Treating flu with Aspirin has been well documented to cause Reye's Syndrome

In children.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Reye's Syndrome, a deadly disease, strikes swiftly and can attack any child, teen, or adult without warning. . All body organs are affected, with the liver and brain suffering most seriously.

Teenagers and adults are especially at risk of developing Reye's Syndrome due to self-medication. Too often, teenagers are ingesting aspirin-type products without parental knowledge. Teenagers should be made aware of the different forms of pain relievers on the market and make certain they check with a parent before using any medications.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by whoreallyknows]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by AwakenAware
I just wanted to thank all of those that generously take the time to keep this thread updated daily. I am very concerned about this virus and without you guys I seriously would feel completely alone since when I try to keep others I care deeply about informed I get laughed at or completely ignored because I'm just "over-reacting to nonsense".

Sometime, I'm going to have to sit down and write up how to say things to people so that they will listen to you. I have probably had the same conversation with people that started out the same way, but usually when people walk away from me they walk away thinking and just a bit more concerned than the started off.

There is a "trick" to how to talk to people about what they believe or have been told is nonsense, or when they've been duped by the medium into complacency.

I'll have to think it out and type it up sometime. How to talk about what people think is crazy, and sound sane enough that they listen.

The usual mistake someone makes right at the beginning of talking about this sort of thing to people who aren't well informed, is to be upset seeming. You first mirror what they are saying back to them. Then, appeal to their sense of having been misunderstood/victimized/disrespected when they were in that situation. This changes their "frame."

And remain really calm the whole time you are speaking.

Example -

Yes, some people sure do overreact don't they? Clogging up the ERs with hypochondria! (mirroring. showing comprehension of concerns. buddying up.)

Some of those poor people though, they are probably really sick. There are SIX viruses running around now! how odd is it that there are SIX viruses going around this late? (giving information. demonstrating compassion. drawing into conversation by illiciting response.)

Poor things, I bet they are really scared if their children are young or they have asthma. And the media is telling people that they are insane! Imagine how bad that would be! (demonstrating compassion. projecting blame. reframing into personal experience.)

Those numbers we are hearing are just the tip of the iceberg. Even the WHO was saying that - but no one seems to notice that. (appeal to authourity)

I've heard that people with asthma need to be careful particularly if they seem to have a flu and have trouble breathing, even after they start getting better they really need to get to the hospital right away. (giving information. appealing to concern for loved ones. implied appeal to authority.)

[edit on 2009/5/19 by Aeons]

Like ya post...it aint easy I know...let me know when when ya get something written up and make sure ya share!!! All we can do is try our best but at the same time protect those that are most closest to us.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoreallyknows
reply to post by Aeons

Reye's Syndrome, a deadly disease, strikes swiftly and can attack any child, teen, or adult without warning. . All body organs are affected, with the liver and brain suffering most seriously.

If you don't trust asprin, then use another COX-2 inhibitor. A natural COX-2 inhibitor could be Holy Basil. If you used a high enough dosage, or used a supercritical extract throughout the day you should achieve a similar reduction in inflammation.

Many people use asprin with no bad effects. While your warning is useful, it should be weighed against the possibility of SUFFOCATING.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Well...one last appeal for logic...

Could this be a cause for increased reaction in the younger ???

How Aspirin Caused 1918 Flu Deaths...
and why keeping aspirin in the medicine chest
and live poultry near the house or eating an
infected bird is NOT a good idea -- even today.
home.earthlink.net...

Aspirin, Acetaminophen May Prolong the Flu
www.chiropracticresearch.org...

Flu Symptoms? Don't Take Aspirin
filesfromtoni.blogspot.com...

Do Not Give Your Child Aspirin for Fever or Flu Symptoms
www.associatedcontent.com...

MURDER IN THE MEDICINE CABINET PART ONE
www.brojon.org...

Hmmm...just fer you...
Swine Flu Cytokine Storm Cures
Turmeric, Fish Oil and Aspirin Provide Anti-Inflammatory Protection
diseases-viruses.suite101.com...&A

[edit on 5/19/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieSlayer
Almonds may boost immune function

Lab experiments indicate that almonds have the potential to boost immune health and reduce inflammation, according to research reported Tuesday at the annual meeting of the American Society for Microbiology in Philadelphia.

www.reuters.com...

Start eating your almonds folks

Anybody else noticing an increase of articles the past few weeks in the MSM promoting different foods, etc as immune boosters?

I eat a handful of almonds every day(have done for 4 years) mainly because I love them also for healthy eating purposes.However I do still get flu or at least a very heavy cold once or twice a year.Not going to stop eating them though as they are well yummy

[edit on 19-5-2009 by tarifa37]

new topics

top topics

<< 398  399  400    402  403  404 >>

join