It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 403
<< 400  401  402    404  405  406 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Crawnies!!! Whooo!
Count me in!!!

# Wilson County, Texas, USA: 1 confirmed case Source: Texas Department of State Health Date: 19 May 20092 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Willacy county, Texas, USA: 3 confirmed case Source: Texas Department of State Health Date: 19 May 20092 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Rockwall county, Texas, USA: 1 confirmed case Source: Texas Department of State Health Date: 19 May 20092 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Medina County, Texas, USA: 1 confirmed case Source: Texas Department of State Health Date: 19 May 20093 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Kleberg county, Texas, USA: 1 confirmed case Source: Texas Department of State Health Date: 19 May 20093 minutes ago from twitterfeed

[edit on 5/19/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

Not to worry. I believe even the crazy people have a purpose that ought to get some respect.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
tn.gov-There have been 85 confirmed cases. Over a thousand specimens have been submitted for testing.

The news may have mentioned how many specimens have been sent in and that's what my mom heard.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
SStirling: Queens hospitals getting record ER visits as swine flu panic expands. #swineflu 8 minutes ago from web

California Records 30 In Hospital With H1N1
7 Confirmed Cases Of H1N1 In Monterey County
www.ksbw.com...

Six more cases of swine flu makes Berks second highest county with confirmed cases in state
www.readingeagle.com...

Count of Laredo H1N1 cases now at 11
www.lmtonline.com...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by yzzyUK

Hopefully after all this mess......your hub and you will make a visit back to AR..........I will throw a Swine/Avian Flu Suvivor crawfish boil (being from Louisiana).......I think some of those Arkanzans like the duds.........

YUMMY.......

I keep typing stuff and deleting.... things I want to say and things I then read and think no... I cant say that for SO many reasons...

I think I may have to join under a different name... I did ask admin via u2u to change my name but he/she hasnt and I am being 'told off' by people I am connected to.... grrrrr..

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by yzzyUK

Not to worry. I believe even the crazy people have a purpose that ought to get some respect.

that they should!! lol I should, we should ... heck I dont know who is or isnt crazy any more!! Meh!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Okay folks...Medina is the county I am in and trust me when I tell you it's rural and not exactly the sort of place where lots of people are piled on top of one another (except maybe at a wild BBQ?) so I am officially not at ALL happy but glad that I know it's "arrived..."

[edit on 19-5-2009 by irishchic]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

California Records 30 In Hospital With H1N1
7 Confirmed Cases Of H1N1 In Monterey County
www.ksbw.com...

Six more cases of swine flu makes Berks second highest county with confirmed cases in state
www.readingeagle.com...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Now THAT sounds like a lil' party worth staying healthy and well for!!!

If I can come I'll bring home-brew and a smile?

I have been trout fishing in I think it's Flippin AR (White River) and think it's a fabulous and gorgeous state!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Now...are you sure about BBQ...no other "Dow Jones Acronyms"???

can you "wear" just a smile???
That's all...really...

SStirling: Queens hospitals getting record ER visits as swine flu panic expands. #swineflu 8 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

wOW!!! Get a room...wear a mask x

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
We've discussed lots of home remedies for use had things gone completely "28 days" and we were faced with treating ourselves or a family member with no external medical support.

The best course of action still remains to avoid infection if at all possible. Some of the best, most scientific advice I've seen for that is:

1. Take 1 to 2K units of Vitamin D per day. (adult men take 2k, avg women 1k, curvy hot mammas 2,, etc). Vitamin D has been proven to prevent infection of influenza.

2. Take high dose of natural Vitamin C. Google for dosage, I personally take an enormous dose as part of a test I was doing. Of course, I stopped taking C completely a week or so before I came down with the upper respiratory infection. I'm back to drinking lots of OJ, blueberry / raspberry / mystery berry with yogurt, hemp powder and juice smoothies.

3. Maintain hand cleaning and separation from facial area.

I felt like a truck hit me last night, eventually managed to eat some soup and felt better until this afternoon when it hit me again. Same symptoms and everything. I picked up some colloidal silver today and plan to give it a try. If any of my symptoms get worse I'll make the long drive to see my personal Dr who basically follows my instructions and signs my Rx's which I fill out. I'm going to have her test me using one of the accurate tests and take blood and urine for analysis. If I don't have the flu I plan to find out what I do have and get rid of it, once and for all.

I have some doses of Tamiflu and I'm debating if should begin taking it tonight. It would probably be a good idea just in case. My CDC buddy still maintains that taking Tamiflu or similar early in the infection will make the difference between mild flu and deadly flu. He / She fears they are not giving it out right now which will raise the number of deaths while tamiflu goes moldy in a big green warehouse.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you mapped places and printed out the maps / GPS coordinates for your "doomsday" kit? I mapped out:
1. Pharmacy warehouses and distribution hubs
2. Grocery warehouses and hubs
3. Produce warehouses
4. Hunting / Camping store warehouses and hubs
5. military armories, warehouses, supply chain hubs, airfields
6. Hummer and Jeep rail yard storage depots
7. small aircraft manufacturers
8. Halliburton airfields and warehouses
9. Yacht builders / repair marinas / docks
10. Private Islands with airstrips

Just wondering if anyone did the same thing and if so, any places I missed? (This is not a complete list)

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Isotope output at Canada reactor halted after leak

TORONTO (Reuters) - Canadian energy authorities have closed a nuclear reactor that produces a third of the world's medical isotopes after a small leak and warned that there could be a shortage of isotopes by as early as Saturday.

Atomic Energy of Canada Ltd said it shut down the 50-year-old reactor at Chalk River, Ontario, late last week after it discovered a small leak of heavy water, used as part of the nuclear reaction process.

It expects the reactor to remain out of operation for more than a month.

Meantime, major isotope producing countries and companies are working co-operatively to address the issue of a possible supply shortage, the Canadian government said.

Not sure if medical isotopes are used in the research going on with the swine flu or not but thought I would post this anyway.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
breakingflunewsbreakingflunews.com Mexico swine flu deaths hit 74; total cases 3734 - The Associated Press: .. /osfpko
5 minutes ago from twitterfeed

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Damn Hx, youre on top of this swine stuff arent you?
Ive been pardoned after a five month post ban, there are certain topics that I get a little overzealous when discussing

Anyway, I live in Corpus Christi but im not sure how many confirmed cases we have, i do know weve had one flu related death though.
Both of my kids say that their classrooms are emptying out but that could be due to the fact that there are only two weeks left in school.
Im not too worried about myself though, I rarely ever get colds or the flu so I wont change my habits to much, i may be a little more vigilant about certain things but Im not going to make myself a prisoner worrying about it.
Keep up the good work though, ive learned a lot reading your posts.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Has anybody heard any news/updates on Canada's total confirmed cases for May 19th? It's weird, still no updates from the Public Health Agency of Canada since Friday (May 15th). We just had a long weekend but Today isn't. Updates are supposed to be posted @ 3pm daily and it's going to be 2 hours past the update time soon. I wonder if somebody fell asleep on the job or they're holding back the info for some other reason.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

My complements Sir Ecoparity...

A wise man you are...I hadn't mentioned this, as to not "inflame" the "Doom-Sayers"...

When/If...this begins...a "Route" Map would be of great help...find/mark-out...these things...

As you leave larger community's and "head-out"...try to find out of the way villages and "four-corners" with small "mom & pop" drug stores/gas stations/ect where a "basic" supply of OTC first-aid can be found...and mark them on your "destination" maps...

Think of all kinds of small things you can "collect" for need be...

Think "worse case"...

Sound Right?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

I thank you Sir...even thought Omega Borg have no need for such things

# Toronto: Local Health Officials Confirm 113 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1): Date: May 19, 2009 21:59 UTC Risk: Medium The National Post,..3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Oklahoma: One Additional Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; 43 Total Statewide: Date: May 19, 2009 21:32 UTC Risk: Low Local media..3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# New Jersey: State Health Officials Confirm 22 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) : Date: May 19, 2009 21:13 UTC Risk: Low According to the N..3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Ohio: 13th Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed : Date: May 19, 2009 20:39 UTC Risk: Medium The Dayton Business Journal, a local medi..3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Aguascalientes: Two Additional Fatal Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Total Reaches Four Confirmed Deaths and 48 Confirmed Cases: ..3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieSlayer
reply to post by Aeons

I don't think ATS would host full articles due to copyright reasons. I've been archiving as many articles a day that I can since April 27th on a blog of mine. I've been noticing lots of stories vanishing already the past 2 weeks so I'm glad I have backup.

Well done! We've come a long way since clipping newspapers and glueing into scrapbooks eh.

new topics

top topics

<< 400  401  402    404  405  406 >>

join