It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Just appeared on the ticker on SKYNews.

I'll locate the source.

Three cases in Germany, I am currently using my German skills to translate the source - which is proving difficult.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
" A vaccine was used to protect humans from a version of swine flu in the US in 1976.

However, it caused serious side effects, including an estimated 500 cases of Guillain-Barré syndrome. There were more deaths from the vaccine than the outbreak. - BBC "

Safer to use a mask. Don't get shot.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I still say, this is a deliberate event.
This bug was released during spring break in Mexico, all those young 20'someting tourists there to drink and bonk..take the bug home and let it spread.

Seems heat is a factor, being the mexican heat kept the bug active to lethal proportions.

This bug is popping up in
-spain
-US
-Mexico
-Nz
-Zimbabwae
-Uk

just wait until china or vietnam has a confirmed case.

I will be watching this thread all day tomorrow.. its spreading like wildfire.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DEM0N

I got that from a regular flu shot. No way I will take this one!
I live in Southern Arizona in an area with a lot of illegals. I wonder if this is already here and not being reported.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by amatrine]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
This bug was released during spring break in Mexico, all those young 20'someting tourists there to drink and bonk..take the bug home and let it spread.

A very beautiful, elegant and candid description of what the youth do in Mexico

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
# Reuters: German Foreign Ministry advises travelers to avoid non-essential trips to Mexico due to international swine flu epidemic.2 minutes ago from web

# The number of confirmed cases of swine flu in the U.S. has doubled to at least 40, a WHO spokesman tells AP.9 minutes ago from web

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
U.S. set to issue travel warning to Mexico

WASHINGTON, April 27 (Reuters) - The U.S. government plans to issue a travel warning later on Monday urging Americans to avoid all "nonessential" trips to Mexico because of an outbreak of swine flu, a U.S. official said.

Swine flu has killed 103 people in Mexico and has spread to the United States. Spain has reported one case of the virus, the first to be confirmed in Europe.

www.alertnet.org...

Hmm, this should of been announced Friday. People in Washington seem kind of slow, as in having a mental disability.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Wow, the RSOE EDIDS Site has the following"

Australia 0
Brazil 0
Canada 2
Switzerland - 5
Spain 4
France 2
United Kingdom 3
Israel 1
Mexico 1600
NZ 14
Taiwann 7
USA 22

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Reading and thinking about all this news about this flu outbreak reminded me about the idea of "mass hysteria" or the "madness of crowds." Where illnesses spread through panic and anxiety or excitement between like minded people. In the Rough Guide to Paranormal Phenomena it mentions this and calls it "psychic contagion." It mentions some weird cases but i can't be bothered to type it out unless someone really wants me to.

Consider also the case of Spring Heeled Jack in London during the mid to late 1800s where people often thought they had sighted him and also the more famous Orson Welles War of the Worlds radio broadcast in 1938. People often remember it for causing a panic, because listeners actually believed martians were invading the earth. However the book i am looking at now says the extent of the panic has probably been more exaggerated than it actually was. There is an interesting paragraph which i have typed out here in full:

"The evidence then, is that more people enjoyed or ignored Welles's broadcast than were alarmed by it. The real scare-mongering followed later when newspapers blew it out of all proportion creating, in the collective imagination, the stereotype of the full-out, chaotic urban panic beloved by Hollywood movies. As Bartholomew (Dr Robert Bartholomew of Quuensland's James Cook University) said in a BBC interview on the sixtieth anniversary of the Welles broadcast: The supposed panic was put down to the power of the media. The fact that many believe a panic took place when it did not is also testimony to the power of the media."

I realise this is a large post but it is something to think about at least. I hope it isn't too off topic.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Another 10 in the UK.

A member posted a local paper reporting 10 potential cases in the East Midlands.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
# AP: Ukraine bans pork imports from U.S., Mexico and other countries affected by swine flu epidemic.3 minutes ago from web

# A photo shoot involving a "back-up" plane of Air Force One caused hundreds of 911 calls in NYC and a number of evacuations - media.7 minutes ago from web

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
3 suspected cases in Bielefeld, Germany

Original German Link
www.presseecho.de...

Google Translated page...
translate.google.com... ate0=

[edit on 4/27/2009 by BeyondPerception]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
im having trouble finding where the WHO told AP US cases have doubled to 40? help me..

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
# AP: Ukraine bans pork imports from U.S., Mexico and other countries affected by swine flu epidemic.3 minutes ago from web

# A photo shoot involving a "back-up" plane of Air Force One caused hundreds of 911 calls in NYC and a number of evacuations - media.7 minutes ago from web

Could you please provide links if you are going to post, "stories," such as these?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

The first story

www.kyivpost.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Expert says swine flu could spread faster than SARS virus
www.channelnewsasia.com...

SINGAPORE: Medical experts say more work needs to be done to figure out how to stop swine flu from becoming a pandemic.

And what's worrying is that the new swine flu strain could spread faster and is harder to detect compared to the SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) virus, which caused an epidemic in 2003.

Associate Professor Leo Yee Sin, clinical director of Communicable Disease Centre at Tan Tock Seng Hospital, said: "We know that usually the characteristic of influenza is that the infectious period of an infected person will start one day before clinical illness and about seven days after the onset of clinical illness.
More at Link...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
40 confirmed swine flu cases in US, no deaths: WHO

GENEVA: The World Health Organization says there are now 40 confirmed cases of swine flu in the United States and that it ``very concerned'' about the disease's spread.

economictimes.indiatimes.com...

Google!

Now off to verify more stories.

[edit on 27/4/09 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Yeah, away from the health concerns. This could actually become a economic catastrophe, this might actually be the straw that brakes the camels back economic wise. Imagine trade coming to a standstill. already the EU, is saying don't come to the US, or Mexico.. Hmmm.. This could be more then just a health scare. This could be the truth. Which is exactly why the downplay is being thrown into the game. Almost certain it will effect economics.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Adrifter]

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
There are so many threads here on this Flu issue......Good info gets lost...

First of all I think most all understand not to take the vaccine that will be coming in the next couple weeks............

Second, here is a list of medicines for your cabnet:

Collodial Silver
Oregano oil
Echinacea
Oscillococcinum

If you have never heard about these......Please google........

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
40 confirmed swine flu cases in US, no deaths: WHO

GENEVA: The World Health Organization says there are now 40 confirmed cases of swine flu in the United States and that it ``very concerned'' about the disease's spread.

economictimes.indiatimes.com...

Google!

Now off to verify more stories.

[edit on 27/4/09 by MikeboydUS]

unfortunately the article is too vague, no details.. anybody know where the newcases in the US are?

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join