It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FX44rice
Maybe? - What a great way to keep potential large groups of protesters indoors and not protesting the govt actions at the current time. Fabricate a pandemic alert.

Been to any tea parties lately?

Heard of any?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
# AP: Employees at Pittsburgh International Airport are being "extra vigilant" for any problems that could be related to swine flu.half a minute ago from TweetDeck

# New Zealand media reports that suspected swine flu cases are being reported all around the country. Doesn't give a number.5 minutes ago from TweetDeck

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
# New Zealand media reports that suspected swine flu cases are being reported all around the country. Doesn't give a number.5 minutes ago from TweetDeck

That's worrying.

In all honesty, it's only a coincidence, but my flu has gotten worse over the last couple of hours. Painful chest, burning up and a weak body...I haven't been to Mexico, so I'm fine.

Unless the government isn't telling me something.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
2 Possibly infected in Tromsø, Norway
Have been too mexico recently and are showing symptoms of swine-flu
dagbladet.no

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
dbl post sry

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Zykloner]

link   
Lets take a deep breath and do some analysis here. How many of those identified have not been confirmed? Loads, yea?

So why the media frenzy, because thats what it is. I for one think that had this been "The big one" the last thing we would be seeing would be the kind of press its getting.

Something stinks of fish here.

Mexico has confirmed deaths, could this be a totally diffrent virus that came to light first. It was noted by the PTB and they are using it to up the psycosis level for the rest of us.

Sorry, Im thinking out loud here because I know there is something we are missing. Its right there in front of us, just like the first 5 hours post 9/11. Its there but we cant bloody see it !

Going a walk to clear my brain.

Respects

link   
3RD Suspected "swine flu" case in Manchester. (Uk)

On sky news now....

Can't find online..

[edit on 27/4/09 by blupblup]

link   
reply to post by infinite

I wish you well...

# A 34-year-old metro Detroit woman is diagnosed with a probable swine flu.2 minutes ago from TweetDeck

that's 2 at least now in michigan...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Update to other post..

U.S. confirmed cases jumps to 40...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

It's being discussed on CNN at the moment also..

[edit on 4/27/2009 by BeyondPerception]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
mexico city mayor press conference at 12:30 EST

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

That's worrying.

In all honesty, it's only a coincidence, but my flu has gotten worse over the last couple of hours. Painful chest, burning up and a weak body...I haven't been to Mexico, so I'm fine.

Unless the government isn't telling me something.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by infinite]

Hey infinite, I live in Canterbury, New Zealand

Aside from that I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow on a completely unrelated matter, lets hope there aren't a bunch of potential swine flu sufferers in the waiting room

link   

Something stinks of fish here.

Yes it does, especially since all of this broke right about the time Obama was in Mexico.

Been following a lot of these threads and still can't figure out why Mexico has deaths but nobody else does.

link   
There are two many threads on this flu and I am posting all of my info here and two other threads......

This is just good information that should be shared.......

This flu will cause deydration.......If you do not go to the hospital (to keep from getting vaccinated) and you need an IV for rehydration but don't have one.........do this:

7-Up has the basic same make-up of an IV for fluid. Just let the 7-Up go flat getting rid of the bubbles and fizzz........Then drink away!!

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I have heard mumblings that it is here in Montana now....our local radio DJ was in So Cal last week, now he said on air that he has the flue and he is likely the first MT victim of the Swine flue.

This could be ugly...maybe all of those stockpiled plastic coffins will come in handy.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
great thread, well done all who are contributing.

Can I add, please dont get carried away, look at the facts. The most important one being....There have been no deaths outside of Mexico.

So why are the media promoting this like the plague has been let loose? it is strange.

A quick reminder, just keep your eye on the ball regarding other incidents in the world right now. We all know how good they are at slight of hand...yea

respects

There are many reason why this is worthy of reporting the way they are.

1) While few deaths have occurred (considering the worst scenario), even on a low rate of fatality, if it spreads around the world the numbers of dead would still be potentially in the millions.

2) As it spreads it has the potential to evolve and become stronger/more difficult to fight.

3) It has mutated already, seemingly very quickly. This is quite unusual and could suggest an extremely virulent strain of a virus already able to kill.

4) It effects those with a previously healthy immune system. Wiping out a large percentage of the most healthy population would have disastrous consequences for the Human race.

5) If those with a stronger immune system are the ones at risk, it lowers the immunity of the entire Human race and would allow other viruses to gain strength, targeting millions more with a weak immune system.

It's really not exaggerated.

The WHO has said that we are in a better position to deal with this than we ever have been before. But, in previous major outbreaks we didn't have such international travel, such large populations of people, so many more avenues for it to travel through.

I wouldn't say we are any better positioned to prevent this than we were before. In centuries past we didn't have global travel, and the Black Plague and so on still managed to travel around the world and kill millions, how much easier would it be now?

I don't think it's time for mass panic, but this is getting the coverage it should, it is relevant and an urgent crisis.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Been following a lot of these threads and still can't figure out why Mexico has deaths but nobody else does.

They're saying it's because of the poor healthcare in Mexico.

And that there is another unknown, unconfirmed virus going around Mexico....that, when coupled with this "swine flu" kills people.

They had it on the news earlier.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
New updated RSOE pandemic page...
www.idemc.org...

# Mexico: First Confirmed Case and 23 Suspected Cases of Swine Influenza Reported in Veracruz.2 minutes ago from web

# Australia: Two additional laboratories established for testing; Sydney and Westmead.3 minutes ago from web

[edit on 4/27/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Update to my other post to add citation...

25 suspected cases in Britain
www.telegraph.co.uk...

ETA:

CDC to Test More Indiana Samples for Swine Flu
www.wibc.com...

[edit on 4/27/2009 by BeyondPerception]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I haven't read all the posts and threads....but just to throw it out there....

on the subject of why deaths are occurring within the Mexican population and no where else.....could this possibly be a targeted test of a virus that just kills a particular race or specific group of people?

Is this a first test in a virus that kills only the selected population?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It mutated when? I've read nothing about it having mutated.

Suspected cases = anyone who has the flu and is freaking out.

I do think however, that the U.S. response so far, has been rather lax. Consider how much more of a proactive stance Asia is taking. The "Don't worry, be happy!" attitude is worrisome. I realize they don't want to induce panic, but they should take further steps before it really does become a nasty epidemic.

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join