It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
"person in greater manchester being treated for swine flu"

Currently being reported on sky news

www.timesonline.co.uk...

[edit on 27/4/09 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
"person in greater manchester being treated for swine flu"

Currently being reported on sky news

www.timesonline.co.uk...

[edit on 27/4/09 by blupblup]

great, 45 mins from me

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Up to 10 people tested for swine flu in East Midlands
www.thisisnottingham.co.uk...

AS many as 10 people in the East Midlands are being tested for swine flu as fears rise about the global spread of the disease.

They have had swabs taken for analysis and have been told to stay at home by the region's Health Protection Agency.

The number of people being tested can change quickly during the day and officials say cases are being constantly followed-up.
More at Link...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I have been sitting here scratching my head, til it bleeds trying to figure this thing out. Heard nothing about this really until the latter half of last week, NOW, this thing is basically spamming itself everywhere. Oddly enough had a summit down in Latin America last week, now we have a outbreak.. Something is not adding up. Then all of a sudden, over the weekend this illness starts to spread all over the globe?? Seriously.. Over the weekend? Something just does not add up. This is not the truth. Its to strange. Story really broke Friday, which is a dead news day, over weekend people didn't pay much attention to it, now MONDAY it is FULL BLOWN.. Hmmmm.. Interesting.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Well, if one is to interpret the source then it seems none of them have visited Mexico - which is a worrying development.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

That's what I thought was strange also...

No obvious contact sources...

Very strange indeed...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
"@bulletwire we expect news on the pandemic alert phase. They may declare a pandemic or an heightened alert."
half a minute ago from web

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
What is bothering me most is that the MSM has not changed their story in the past several hours not mentioning any confirmed cases outside of North America. I wonder how long it'll be til' they finally decide to mention these other cases...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Hi thanks for the info,

Can you link me up with the website were your getting these updates from?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Pazzzzz

These are the ones I'm using right at the moment...

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Thank you very much

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
*Update*

More than 100 suspected swine flu cases at Queens school
www.newsday.com...

More than 100 students at a Queens parochial school are suspected of being infected by the potentially lethal swine flu, with eight of those cases confirmed, health officials say.

The school, St. Francis Prep in Fresh Meadows, announced it will be closed Monday and Tuesday "because of the number of students with flu-like symptoms," according to the school's Web site.

While the swine flu is suspected in the deaths of at least 103 people in Mexico, health officials say of the 20 confirmed cases in the United States all those sickened have recovered or are in the process of recovering.
More at Link...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
one person in Haugesund, Norway was being tested for swine flu, after returning from a vacation in Houston, Texas, where there are no suspected cases of swine flu.

that aint good...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Here's one on prevention methods:

CDC Offers Steps To Avoid Getting, Spreading Swine Flu During Current Outbreak

Atlanta, GA (AHN) - There are steps people can take to avoid getting the swine flu during the ongoing outbreak, officials with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention say.

Swine Influenza (swine flu) is a respiratory disease of pigs caused by type A influenza viruses that causes regular outbreaks in pigs. Although people do not normally get swine flu, human infections can and do happen as is the case with the current outbreak that began in Mexico and has caused at least 60 deaths there.

CDC officials say that outbreaks of the swine influenza A (H1N1) viruses were first reported in March and early April in Southern CA and near San Antonio, TX and have spread to other states.

bold:mine

While this is worrisome, isn't the mexican virus, actually different than the H1N1 found in the states?

If they are the same, and they were already here in March, who knows how far this has spread.

ed:sp

[edit on 4/27/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
40+ cases in USA now.... not just 20.

Just on Sky news.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Hmmm this is very strange indeed.....

The spread of the disease seems to be inorexibly linked to media coverage.
When the media didnt know anything about it it was contained to a small area.
Now the media have got hold of it and people around the globe who had a sniffle or cough are now lining themselves up to be tested for the next apocalyptic human wipeout disease.

We've been here before in the UK with :

SARS
Avian Flu
Bluetongue
Flesh Eating Bacteria

Funny thing is ; I've never heard of one person I or anyone else actually knows dieing from said ailment...

Surely Checken pox would be a better vector for a NWO sponsored weaponised disease; just about veryone I have ever known has had that at some point or another...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

WHO confirmed 40 cases in the United States.

One should not criticises governments till after the tempest has passed, but Mexican spin is elevating the problem because we cannot get the facts. US officials are not sure if the 103 dead are from three weeks ago or in the last few days.

WHO believes the death toll is MUCH higher.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
i thought this was kinda interesting. on google news they have this graph showing how many news sources are covering whatever story it is your looking at... for the swine flu at 12am yesterday it was a thousand sources, right now its at 4,000.. in less than 24 hrs.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Jukiodone

Always the way man...

It's the medias job o hype it up, cause panic and blow it out of all proportion.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

WHO confirmed 40 cases in the United States.

One should not criticises governments till after the tempest has passed, but Mexican spin is elevating the problem because we cannot get the facts. US officials are not sure if the 103 dead are from three weeks ago or in the last few days.

WHO believes the death toll is MUCH higher.

you got a link for that?

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join