It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Double post

[edit on 27/4/09 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I just got it from MSNBC ,W.H.O. confirms 40 cases of the swine flu in the U S and they are going to raise the level to 4 or 5 press confrence soon

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

# Sources indicating WHO may still be reviewing whether to increase pandemic alert level.2 minutes ago from web

[edit on 4/27/2009 by Hx3_1963]

I thought it was level 3 already?

It is appears it might be raised to Level 5.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/baf66ca2c46d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It is spreading pretty rapidly into Latin America now. Brazil has seen an increase in cases, Columbia too and Peru has first cases.

Taiwan has seven

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

# Sources indicating WHO may still be reviewing whether to increase pandemic alert level.2 minutes ago from web

I thought it was level 3 already?

It is, they're considering moving it to a level 4. You've misread, the 2 is "2 minutes ago from web"

I had to read it twice too.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

it's presently level 3...

that twitter line was messed up with the two right after the line...

4 or 5 probably upcoming...

lot's of countrys advising travel bans now?

schools shutting down...

by tomorrow...stand still??

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

I thought so.....thought i was going mad for a minute.

This is certainly taking off man.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
great thread, well done all who are contributing.

Can I add, please dont get carried away, look at the facts. The most important one being....There have been no deaths outside of Mexico.

So why are the media promoting this like the plague has been let loose? it is strange.

A quick reminder, just keep your eye on the ball regarding other incidents in the world right now. We all know how good they are at slight of hand...yea

respects

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
the 20 new cases are all in New York City

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
It is, they're considering moving it to a level 4. You've misread, the 2 is "2 minutes ago from web"

I had to read it twice too.

Yep...went back and re-read it.

It's all happening so fast man.....

link   
Well not spam, the thread, but this thing is going to happen, its not going to get stopped, its going happen, its gonna bigger, its gonna spread. the question is what happens after that? What do we do to battle it? to prevent deaths, etc. etc. You know it looks allot like the 1918 pandemic, starts out mild, yet spreads everywhere then mutates then in the fall people start dropping like flies. I think this is a very important story, something to keep an eye on, and we need to realize that even thou the media is telling what they know they don't know everything about it, for instance I am quite sure the number of people infected is allot higher then what is being reported. Also if this dang illness is popping up globally man, this is bigger then ourselves, this is something very very perturbing to say the least. So then the question will be, how is this going to be delt with yes I am sure we will survive, yet getting critical about it now is intelligent actually but looking at it on a health and economic scale it could be a catastrophe.. THE way it will try to be prevented will be the closing of borders, which wont be good economically. I would suggest stockpiling on some can goods, if you like hold out a couple more days and allow the truth to reveal itself further, but this is a strange thing, having a few day supply of food wont hurt nothing. think I am tripping wait til you go out in public or goto to work and hear a sneeze or cough in the future... Might even have a new bigotry here, last thing people will want to be now is sick... Wow.. Anyhow thanks for reading.. Digesting all this great info and kinda blogging it back atcha!!

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Adrifter]

link   

blupblup, you are going mad, but that is beside the point (we all are while trying to keep up with this snowball)

This thread has been marvelous at keeping me up to date. Keep it up!

Obs out

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

could you keep me posted up to date on that one. i live in houston.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
Can I add, please dont get carried away, look at the facts. The most important one being....There have been no deaths outside of Mexico.

A quick reminder, just keep your eye on the ball regarding other incidents in the world right now. We all know how good they are at slight of hand...yea

respects

Good point....said the same thing since yesterday...

It feels a little "fake" or surreal at the moment.

I still don't buy it...

I'm kinda 50/50

We'll see....

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

no problem ATS bretheren

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

According to their chart it seems they would be at a 6 doesn't it? I feel like staying home today now.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by observer

blupblup, you are going mad, but that is beside the point

This thread has been marvelous at keeping me up to date. Keep it up!
Obs out

Well i did have mad cow disease

*cough cough*

But yeah, in all seriousness... it's good when we come together as one to share info and all keep each other informed.
A welcome break from a lot of arguing and petty crap.

Was the same with the Gaza conflict at first.... Until it became a religious, racist argument.

Hopefully this thread and all others, can remain civil and just share the info as we have been.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
# Peru: First suspected swine influenza case reported. Detected at Jorge Chávez international airport in Lima.less than a minute ago from web

# World Health Organization confirms 40 swine influenza cases in the United States.4 minutes ago from web

# Russia: Tourists canceling scheduled travel en masse to Mexico due to swine influenza.12 minutes ago from web

# Kazakhstan Ministry of Foreign Affairs advises its citizens to abstain from travel to Latin American countries.19 minutes ago from web

# Air France shares reported to have dropped by 9% due to swine influenza.28 minutes ago from web

# Mexico City: Mayor reports seven new fatal, suspected swine influenza cases have been documented in the past several hours.35 minutes ago from web

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I work in the laboratory at a major hospital in Portland, Oregon. No cases reported here yet, today I'll be in and out of the ER doing my job, Hopefully the place isn't full of people wearing masks.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Technically yes they should go a to 6 but unfortunately politics and other such nonsense seem to slow down the thought processes of officials.

In other words they don't want to panic people.

I guarantee the number of cases and deaths are higher than what is being reported in the media.

I would bet money that there have already been deaths inside the US.

Again its about suppressing mass hysteria.

[edit on 27/4/09 by MikeboydUS]

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join