It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 188
<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
# Canada, Nova Scotia: Four New Confirmed Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Announced; Related to Case at King’s-Edgehill School in Windsor2 minutes ago from web

link   
reply to post by Ignorance Denied

I have CNN on right now, and they were just talking about Chrysler and NYSE when I just ran up to look from your post.

Are you sure they said "will raise the level" or "may raise the level?"

link   
This is a test.
For the next sixty (or thirty) DAYS, this Nation will conduct a test of the Emergency System.

This is only a test.

If This Had Been an Actual Emergency...

fema trains would have been activated

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Is there a chance this is being sent through Mail?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chiiru

Originally posted by Ignorance Denied
THIS IS OFFICIAL! CNN SAYS WE ARE GOING TO LEVEL 6 PANDEMIC IN TWOSAYS................

SORRY THAT 2 DAYS

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Ignorance Denied]

Sorry, besides "from CNN", where's the source? Do we have a link, or was this said on-air?

It was on air, but every news station is telling differant storys.. I cant believe any of them..

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

I have not seen anything on the wires about an increase to the maximum warning level by the WHO.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chiiru

THIS IS OFFICIAL! CNN SAYS WE ARE GOING TO LEVEL 6 PANDEMIC IN TWOSAYS................

SORRY THAT 2 DAYS

Sorry, besides "from CNN", where's the source? Do we have a link, or was this said on-air?

It was on air, but every news station is telling differant storys.. I cant believe any of them..

Yeah, I wish these news outlets would at least get their lies straight before trying to pull the wool over our eyes.

link   

Originally posted by lynn112

SORRY THAT 2 DAYS

I have to question what this will mean for each of us come Monday morning. It could be telling that they are planning to do it on Saturday, no stock markets open, no schools open & 24 hours of prep time before a new business day.

I suppose I'd prefer this. I work in Syracuse, NY, but I drive home for the weekends. I'd much rather be locked-down at home with all of my supplies than caught in another state with very little.

link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

After spending a lot of time in China I can safely say that they are always withholding information. They will deny it until it's impossible to deny any longer.

link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by bonesinis
reply to post by jonny2410

www.breitbart.com...

Everyone needs a laugh. You know it is bad when Mexico shuts down the Taco Stands!
LOL!!!!!!!!

NO TACO FOR YOU.

i dont need no taco stands from mexicao i got me own tacos at home their called SOUL TACOS......

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Wow, did anyone else from Western NY see the news conference with the Monroe County Executive and the Health Director?

I just watched as much of it as they covered, and once they cut the feed the stream on line was cut as well. Interesting that they were discussing an incident at the airport where a woman heading to Peru was ill and they "followed protocol and got her medical assistance", though asked specifically what happened they hedged on WHAT the protocol was/is.

I found the Health Director to be very evasive and just didn't seem to want to give any real information out. He did say the people this now probable case has been in contact with have NOT been given any treatment. That just does not sound right to me. So far he said 3 cases have been cleared.

I just don't trust these people at all, not a bit. I am not saying I am some being that can tell when people are lying, but it just felt all wrong to me.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

Saturday would make sense.
Governments have 48 hours to implemented emergency plans and prepare for any infrastructure closures for Monday. But still, I have not seen anything to clarify or even confirm this comment on CNN.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

Sorry, didn't see it because I get news out of Buffalo stations, not Rochester. Will catch it though online when it shows up though.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I thought of an idea and i just saw the same kind of thing in the UK government leaflet about the flu. The government says to set up a network of "flu friends." People who can help you out with food and supplies etc if you are too ill to leave the house.

What do people think? Maybe a thread could be set up to find out if anyone who lives near you is interested in it. Or...maybe not. What do people think?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
i think we have to start worrying when H1N1 developts immunity to tamiflu which it no doubt will

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
# Mexico: Fear of Influenza A (H1N1) Induces Two Thai Citizens to Leave Mexico. #swineflu #H1N12 minutes ago from web

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
# Mexico: Fear of Influenza A (H1N1) Induces Two Thai Citizens to Leave Mexico. #swineflu #H1N12 minutes ago from web

And? Two Thai people leave Mexico? So what?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
I thought of an idea and i just saw the same kind of thing in the UK government leaflet about the flu. The government says to set up a network of "flu friends." People who can help you out with food and supplies etc if you are too ill to leave the house.

That is quite worrying, if you read the leaflet because the government literally wants us not to leave our homes.

Makes you wonder how bad the figures are.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

apparently, "it's news"

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The news in the UK (channel 4) which is usualy quite respectable has just run a story explaining why the risks have been overstated and that the whole thing will be quite mild. Apparently this is due to the location of the respratory system the flu targets, high up around the throat.

So far the "expert" says there has been no mutation in the virus.

top topics

<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join