It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 186
<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

If this doesn't kill us, it will turn us all into fruitcakes !
I'm cracking open some Martini tonight. I don't normally drink but after 5 days of obsessive reading of the news I really do need some anaesthesia for my poor brain....but I'll probably still sit here and read the news , albeit while slowly getting a bit drunk

hun i went out and bought two large beers so me t hinks ill join ya i n that ........

link   

Originally posted by Ignorance Denied
Tell you what, this thread is just gonna keep going till gradually people start dying on ATS..

Ok That Is Not Funny at all
Im sick but I don't think it's the flu.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I ask this question before in this thread and didn't get a answer so Ill ask it again. D you think it would be better to get this flu now, or in Oct or next flu season. I personally think now would be better to get it now, this is going to be Everywhere next winter and IMO much more deadly than it is now????

[edit on 30-4-2009 by LDragonFire]

link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

This article should be a new thread.

link   

The WHO has confirmed a back log of "thousands" in Mexico and has asked the Mexicans to go back to the beginning for each case. Sooner or later the real figure will be released.

Update:

# US, Delaware: CDC confirms four cases of influenza A (H1N1) among University of Delaware students. #swineflu #H1N13 minutes ago from web

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Wow someone said in that blog this flu has only a 5 percent mortality rate. Five out of every 100 people is a lot, isn't it?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Originally posted by Ignorance Denied
Tell you what, this thread is just gonna keep going till gradually people start dying on ATS..

Ok That Is Not Funny at all
Im sick but I don't think it's the flu.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I ask this question before in this thread and didn't get a answer so Ill ask it again. D you think it would be better to get this flu now, or in Oct or next flu season. I personally think now would be better to get it now, this is going to be Everywhere next winter and IMO much more deadly than it is now????

[edit on 30-4-2009 by LDragonFire]

It would be best not to get it at all my friend.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
UPDATE on Portugal cases:

The couple is clean

But we have another potential case, a women in Lisbon, the biggest city in Portugal

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Wow someone said in that blog this flu has only a 5 percent mortality rate. Five out of every 100 people is a lot, isn't it?

well 5% of the US is 15m

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
News Source

And the state Health Depatrtment has told The Buffalo News that one of the suspected cases in Chautauqua County is confirmed swine flu. That case involves a child with mild symptoms.

The article was posted at 1:46 p.m. today & add's another confirmed in NY State.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It would be nice to know just what is really going on in Mexico. I've seen everything from a doomsday scenario to a very mild situation. It's confusing.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
A member of the security advance team for President Obama's recent trip to Mexico is suspected of having contracted swine flu - White House. - BNO

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
News Source

And with all that is going on, our Governor in NY decides to annouce Thursday that he is going to have 60 Foreign Trade Commissioners, from 39 countries, in WNY next week. Anyone else see this as a really bad idea?

I mean, you figure each of the 60 will bring at least 2 assistants, that means 180 people, from 39 countries roaming around a city in the middle of a potential pandemic. Not the most brilliant of ideas if you ask me.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
A member of the security advance team for President Obama's recent trip to Mexico is suspected of having contracted swine flu - White House. - BNO

most interesting, source?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Scientists see this flu strain as relatively mild

www.latimes.com...

In fact, the current outbreak of the H1N1 virus, which emerged in San Diego and southern Mexico late last month, may not even do as much damage as the run-of-the-mill flu outbreaks that occur each winter without much fanfare.

Let's not lose track of the fact that the normal seasonal influenza is a huge public health problem that kills tens of thousands of people in the U.S. alone and hundreds of thousands around the world," said Dr. Christopher Olsen, a molecular virologist who studies swine flu at the University of Wisconsin School of Veterinary Medicine in Madison.

no comment

[edit on 013030p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

They had it during a live press conference on CNN just now, I have the office TV in the back on mute so I can glance at it every now and then without driving everyone else crazy and saw it when I passed by.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman

Originally posted by jonny2410

most interesting, source?

sky news and bno tiwtter

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

I agree with you 100% but I don't think that is realistic. I have 3 kids in 3 different public schools [elementary, middle, and High school], and I work in a office building/laboratory and overheard a woman making travel plans for next week that included Argentina, Brazil and Peru, and this was just one of the executives.

Im getting the feeling that maybe humans were not meant to have a global economy, or society.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Scientists see this flu strain as relatively mild

www.latimes.com...

Let's not lose track of the fact that the normal seasonal influenza is a huge public health problem that kills tens of thousands of people in the U.S. alone and hundreds of thousands around the world," said Dr. Christopher Olsen, a molecular virologist who studies swine flu at the University of Wisconsin School of Veterinary Medicine in Madison.

no comment

Well Dr Christopher Olsen is taking out of his arse..

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Source....

Obama Security Member Has Suspected Case of Swine Flu
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Don't know the answer to that. What does history say with the 1918 flu? Did those infected in the first wave have an immunity to the deadly wave, or were they even more succeptable?

top topics

<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join