It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 185
<< 182  183  184    186  187  188 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

I didn't even know how to spell hygiene until this piggy flu stuff.

Yesterday, when i went shopping at nettos (i know i'm safe, as people who shop at nettos can't even afford bus trips, let alone trips to mexico), i unpacked the shopping and washed my hands.

I then developed OCD about how i should turn off the tap as my elbow couldn't reach. So i washed my hands again and soon realised i could spend the rest of my life shackled to a sink purifying those dirty thoughts of "what if?..."

I soon broke the cycle and made a cup of tea, then realised NOOO i touched the kettle, i'm trapped in a twilight zone of contact, wash, rinse, repeat

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
are we back up and running ?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
# Ireland: Man tests positive for new influenza A(H1N1) virus; confirmatory test results pending. #swineflu #H1N1less than 10 seconds ago from web

# US, California: San Mateo County officials identify two probable cases of influenza A (H1N1). Residents inundate emergency rooms. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

# Canada, Calgary: Four New Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; National Confirmed Case Count Reaches 23 #swineflu4 minutes ago from web

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This makes sense.

line 2

www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
only been a month, but is it normal for them to do maintance like that

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
# Japan, Yokohama: First Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Case Officially Registered, a 17-Year-Old Who tested Positive for Influenza A. #swinefluless than 5 seconds ago from web

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

HAHAHA! Thanks for the laugh,needed it!

I'm about as bad: you should see me trying ot use my a** as a lever for opening/closing doors and moving things around...it's a whole new cheap-thrill!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
Will there be any live briefings/conferences on TV later today, GMT ?

The only live briefing we may see is VP Biden telling us he was all wrong about what he said this morning and that you should fly in and out of Mexico and you should send your kids to school even if they are sick.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

If this doesn't kill us, it will turn us all into fruitcakes !
I'm cracking open some Martini tonight. I don't normally drink but after 5 days of obsessive reading of the news I really do need some anaesthesia for my poor brain....but I'll probably still sit here and read the news , albeit while slowly getting a bit drunk

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This is from February....

Wonder jab to cure all Flu

The American research in question is indeed exciting given the dangers of potential influenza outbreaks, which can be hard to control as the virus can mutate (change) into new strains. The study has discovered antibodies that are active against some severe forms of human influenza. Giving these to healthy people in the event of an outbreak could give scientists sufficient time to develop an appropriate vaccine. However, the antibodies will need further research to determine whether they will be safe and effective in humans. Likewise, it will take more research to develop a safe vaccine that encourages the body to make these antibodies itself, rather than relying on the manufactured antibodies used in this study. Given the need for approaches to prevent and treat potential avian flu outbreaks, these areas will be keenly researched.
www.nhs.uk...

This suggests, albeit very slightly, that this new 'pandemic' may very well be deliberate..they need this to occur in order to finalise tests or get a global stock of samples....

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Okay finally caught up with this thread. I was reading posts then ATS went down.

Anyway....

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic

HAHAHA! Thanks for the laugh,needed it!

I'm about as bad: you should see me trying ot use my a** as a lever for opening/closing doors and moving things around...it's a whole new cheap-thrill!

Thats worth the flu all by its self

If the power goes out be sure to pop round mine and do that hours off laughs for me, simple things
lol

hmmm i might go and try it tho. brb depending on how quick i can learn the trade of arse opening

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
# US, Louisiana: Lafayette school closes after five students test positive for influenza A. Health officials confirming subtype. #swinefluless than 20 seconds ago from web

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Hey,

Portugal had some days ago two suspects of having piggy flu, but were dismissed..
Today breaking news, we have a suspected couple, who didnt went to Mexico, but had contact with a Mexican couple visiting our country

SIC Online

And here i was happy that Portugal was still immune

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Server got the swine flu.

Now all of our posts are infected!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety

I then developed OCD about how i should turn off the tap as my elbow couldn't reach. So i washed my hands again and soon realised i could spend the rest of my life shackled to a sink purifying those dirty thoughts of "what if?..."

I soon broke the cycle and made a cup of tea, then realised NOOO i touched the kettle, i'm trapped in a twilight zone of contact, wash, rinse, repeat

This is so funny. I found myself in a similar predicament at work yesterday.
I had eventually realized that I hadn't used the antibacterial lotion on the outside of the antibacterial bottle... itself - which happened to be something I was picking up and moving around -
I really had a good laugh over it.
It does get rather nutty - which is why I guess getting gloves
is probably a very good idea...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Tell you what, this thread is just gonna keep going till gradually people start dying on ATS..

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I was just reading through some comments in response to an article on prison planet. Here's some info from a Mexican, can't vouch for it's authenticity but he sounds perfectly genuine to me :

"Mexico Witness Says:

April 30th, 2009 at 7:28 am
What follows is a series of postings I have made yesterday on a newspaper forum. I am dead serious and truthful in these postings. I am from Mexico and I am trying to warn people around the globe to this pandemic. I post these in the hope its readers can prepare and understand what is really going on. We are not being told the truth about the severity of this pandemic. Yet we can decipher the govt’s actions through common sense. Stay safe everyone. This is going to get nasty….

Has anyone actually seen an interview with a person once infected but since recovered? Nobody in Mexico has, and we have yet to see their families either. In Mexico, we have learned to add a zero at the end of government figures because the govt drops it. In the US, I suspect, ignorance is being kept high to avoid mass panic and chaos. Remember, in times of national emergency, like nine one one, mass media becomes a vessel of government and does and says exactly what government wants. This is an unwritten rule. The truth is that this pandemic is the Big One scientists have been expecting. When the govt of Mex. shuts down Catholic Sunday Mass and Churches in a grossly religious culture, you know there is a major, major problem. Whether the bug is engineered or not, it is real. And it is here.

The Mexican government is manipulating the numbers in a very, very big way. 2000 infected and 150 dead? Bullcrap. What a joke. I am from Mexico and the entire country is infected, more and more each day. American, Brit, Canadian tourists went to resorts, not Mexico City, and are returning infected. What does that tell you? Deaths in Mexico are now in most states.

Mexico City and its surrounding areas have 25 million people. Infections and deaths are very high. Doctors are protesting, many not showing up at hospitals b/c masks, medication are not working. The city is on the verge of panic more each passing day. We can see it devolve, the people are on the brink. Government measures say one thing, media filters report only few deaths. Actions speak louder than words.

Doctors outside the government filters say there are hundreds dead or dying and the anti-virals are not working. They are hiding the dead, changing the death certificates to alter the cause of death. The infected are too numerous to count. Draconian measures have been enacted, the entire city is pretty much closed. The government can quarantine anyone, can enter any and all homes, can close roads and cities.

All schools from the entire country are closed. What does that tell you? That the entire city and country stops for only 2000 infected? Yeah, right. Governments are lying and keeping the figures purposefully low to contain panic and chaos. The same is being done, and will be done in the US.

The truth is the Mexican people are dying in large numbers, with many infections, and a death rate of over 6 percent. The Spanish flu had a death rate of 2 percent. You can do the calculations. What we are seeing in Mexico will soon be in the US. One or two weeks. Be prepared, a worldwide pandemic is in its infancy. Take care."

Click here for article & scroll down below it for comments

He wrote quite a few things , the above is just one submission on the site I've linked to

[edit on 30/4/09 by cosmicpixie]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance Denied

Yeah people won't take any action until the government tells them to and we know the government won't do that (well not in so many words anyway) so people won't take it seriously and if this gets really really bad, then its game over really.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance Denied

I have tought about it already.. but in a less humourus tone

What if we come here someday and a highly known member (so we known its not BS) says he catched it? How are we going to react?
What if we know someone next to a member died from it?

Ok.. depressing mode OFF

top topics

<< 182  183  184    186  187  188 >>

join