It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 163
<< 160  161  162    164  165  166 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

good man!!! couldnt have said it better!!! you now understand what i was saying! and for that im gratefull!

be safe guys and galsa and be aware
peace xx

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I know when dates started to happen..We had just found it very strange her symptoms comming out of the blue a week or so before the mention of any swine flu was mentioned..we actualy joked about it the first day it was mentioned..was it the swine flu,who knows..but i never seen get that sick that quickly...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
80,000 students being kept out of school til may 11th in ft worth texas.

wow this is getting serious, that is two weeks of school near the end of the year.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Yes I agree, and it is of course early for my statement to the bloodline. I watched the bird flu for a couple years and I understand how it will work. I just saying in hope this will somewhat be contained.WE are all in the same boat here, and no one really knows WHAT is going to happen.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Seems all high school sports competitons in Texas are being postponded until May 11.

AUSTIN -- Texas officials are postponing all public high school athletic competition until May 11 because of the swine flu outbreak.

Source

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

The "creeping crud" is advancing...

US, Alabama, Madison: Two Probable Cases of Swine Influenza Identified at Elementary School #swinefluhalf a minute ago from web

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
All Fort Worth schools closed amid flu concerns

FORT WORTH -- Fort Worth will close all of its 144 schools through at least May 8 because of swine flu concerns.

Superintendent Melody Johnson said only necessary staff at central administration would work.

The school district has about 80,000 students and 11,000 employees.

So far, Texas has 16 confirmed cases of swine flu.

Johnson had closed four campuses earlier in the day after probable cases were reported at those schools. They were McLean Middle, McLean 6th Grade Center, South Hills Elementary and Westcliff Elementary.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

-Dev

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Are there any big American sports events over the weekend or next week?

If they are closing schools so rapidly, then US will follow suit to Mexico and close sporting events, like they did with the football.

This will be a good test as to how TPTB will respond. If WHO announces level 6 then dig in people, it's gonna be a rough ride.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Burred_Dawg
Am I reading this wrong, or is the ticker at the bottom of this map reading 5 dead in Canada and 1 in Costa Rica?

www.idemc.org...

you are reading it wrong there are none ( 0 ) dead in Canada so far, but there are some in Quarentine.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Update: Iowa swine flu tests up to 150
www.desmoinesregister.com...

Health officials are testing samples from more than 150 Iowans for signs of the swine flu virus.

A handful of cases are from the Polk County area, including an adult who either visited Mexico or was close to someone who did, health officials said. The person was not hospitalized but was given anti-viral drugs.

Two cases of swine flu suspected in Iowa
www.desmoinesregister.com...

Two probable cases of swine flu have cropped up in southeast Iowa, and more are expected, state leaders said today.

“We anticipate it will spread across Iowa,” said Tom Newton, director of the state Department of Public Health.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Sports generally take a front seat here in Texas. About a week ago, before this started (or to the point that it was all that was ever talked about), there were a few high schools in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that were letting some kids take the TAKS test (a state test that you have to pass in order to graduate) late because a cross country date was on the same day. Needless to say, a lot of people were upset.

All of the school closings here are crazy. They never close the schools, FOR ANYTHING. On the random day that there is ice/sleet, the roads have to be nearly impassable for them to even consider it. It makes it worse that the smaller school districts (like the one that I went to) follow the bigger school disctricts (like Fort Worth ISD or Dallas ISD), so if the SHTF when it came to weather (or anything), you were out of luck if the big schools weren't affected.

My mom was talking to my cousin earlier and my cousin was saying that there were four confermed cases in her town (I can't remember the name right now, but it's a really small town outside of Lubbock). If what she said is true, then it kind of unnerves me, because I know that the news isn't reporting those numbers.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

The only thing that I know of is the NBA playoffs that are going around all over the country. There tends to be anywhere from 2-4 games a day, but the first round is nearing it's end, so it dies off for a few days and then will pick up speed again next week.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety

how about this for you.
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
www.imdb.com...

this movie should have millions of people going to see it this weekend.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
good question,I have a motorcross to go to this weekend here in jersey..Sucks having to choose..thats if by then we in fact have a choice left..

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by riddle6

I live in Denton County and yea, they never close schools anywhere in Texas. On the local news about an hour ago they said there are about 11 cases in Tarrant County and 6 or something in Dallas County, and 2 suspected in Denton County plus a few in Ft. Worth. Its starting to get really crazy up here in the DFW.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Ugh is it just me, or is it depressing refreshing this page and seeing 4 more posts every time with the infected count going up every post?
I can assure you that when I go outside or spend time doing something other than reading these posts, I feel much happier.

Not to belittle the constant flow of data and organization that is going on here, but a word of advice: Don't dwell on this or worry about getting sick. Get out once in a while and just eat healthy. I know that if I was on here all day, I would get depressed. It's much nicer outside where the sun shines.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety

how about this for you.
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
www.imdb.com...

this movie should have millions of people going to see it this weekend.

Good call elitegamer23.

All those actors doing their Thespian kissy, kissy should have repercussions in a few weeks.

I wonder when we'll start to see TV reporters and even BO wearing a respirator for appearances?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

What is this 'outside' you speak of Sir?

Is that an archaic concept from pre-2009, in the Halcyon days where people were free to venture and interact.

Ahhh, those were the days my friend, those were the days....

[edit on 29-4-2009 by PrisonerOfSociety]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by For(Home)Country
Ugh is it just me, or is it depressing refreshing this page and seeing 4 more posts every time with the infected count going up every post?
I can assure you that when I go outside or spend time doing something other than reading these posts, I feel much happier.

Not to belittle the constant flow of data and organization that is going on here, but a word of advice: Don't dwell on this or worry about getting sick. Get out once in a while and just eat healthy. I know that if I was on here all day, I would get depressed. It's much nicer outside where the sun shines.

The data is very important, almost 65% of the data here is showing to be accurate so it is actually the most credible source on the internet.
BTW really like your avatar.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
A Maine school and daycare center have been closed due to suspicion of human to human transmission of the swine flu.

Portland Press Herald

When you have it in Texas, California and Maine its everywhere.

top topics

<< 160  161  162    164  165  166 >>

join