It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 161
<< 158  159  160    162  163  164 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by fullmoonfairy

Fullmoonfairy...

You are very sweet...

Just you saying that means more than you know...

Just take good care of yourself with all that is going on...Seems we are being hit full force right now...

For some reason I just keep waiting for the other shoe to drop...

I had bad dreams last night...

I had a feeling this would happen today...(level 5)

But...I am sure this mess is far from over...

For some reason in May or June I have a feeling something else is going to happen something big...Like a double wammy...???

Just a gut feeling I have...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Sitrep San Diego:

Just got back from three stores (Walmart, $.99 store, and Albertson's.

No one looked or acted ill. One cashier in Walmart was wearing gloves, all cashiers were wiping counters frequently with disinfectant. Shoppers at Albertson's were using the hand wipes provided on carts and hands.

None of the cashiers, pharmacy people, or clerks knew the pandemic level was now five, although most were aware of the general situation. Other shoppers perked their ears attentively when I talked the situation over with the various employees, one waiting to discuss it when me and request information. One cashier remarked that she might stay home for the next few days as a precaution. Overall traffic was light in all stores.

Walmart was sold out of masks, had no hand sanitizers or wipes left, but a fair number of gloves left. 99-cent store was nearly sold out of bleach, antibacterial spray and similar cleansers. Albertson's was selling anti-viral masks for a dollar each and had only a few, was nearly out of handwipes.

Overall, people were concerned, careful, and eager for news. They understood that this was serious, no joke, and planned to take preventive measures.

Most folks seem to have their heads on straight here.

I've instituted new protocols around my house for the duration:

1. No unnecessary trips.
2. Gloves mandatory at all times when out. Get a pair from the box by the door.
3. No shaking hands or hugs or other physical contact with people.
4. Minimize handling anything outside the house.
5. Drop gloves in outside trash before entering the house.
6. Wipe hands and face with anti-bacterial babywipe from box by front door, dispose of outside.

current panic level = 4.5 and steady

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sapphirearaidia

I meant every word! My neighbors always do this sort of thing for each other in times of crisis, even though we can't always get to each other in time the way we would like! This is also the way I was raised, too.
Right now one of my neighbors has a sister who is now blind, and may have lung cancer! so I have said the same things to them that I just said to you.

We all need to pitch in and do what we can for each other...I am scared too. I hope it helps to know that you aren't alone in some respects!

I hope you have some other family near by who can help?

Love,
FMF

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
So I go to my chiropractor today, get my adjustment and just as he is finishing up he is jokingly telling me how on Monday he had a woman in for an adjustment and she was coughing and sneezy. She apparently tells him she just got back from Mexico. I am (snip.)

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I would be too..that is not good medical hygiene, or a good way to do business in my opinion.

I hope you don't see any "fall out" from this!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Google map update (maps.google.co.uk...). Probably not too accurate, but helps visualise the intensity of the virus spreading.

The authors blog is interesting (panfluwatch.blogspot.com...). In one post he gives an opinion on man-made hypothesis.

Also, the flutrack website is also interesting (www.flutrackers.com...), it seems a lively forum but also has nice charts at bottom of page for gold, silver and $, so will be interesting to see how they're affected over the coming weeks.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jane_of_CA

I know there are people out there that understand this it was in the webs.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

May i also add:

1. Turn lightswitch on/off with your elbow, same for taps if possible.
2. Don't bite nails
3. Maintain a 6ft safety bubble between you and anyone else
4. Buy goods from shops placed at the very back of the rack, where they haven't been handled by those pesky carriers.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

now im really sorry to say this but i bet you will shoot someone! you seem overly worried about saving yourself rather than thinking about saving the human race! dont over react my friend! dont grab the gun! peace

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

yeah my friend you too! i know we are all worrying but for (snip) sakes! dont make humankind the enemy! open your eyes a little more and things might start making a little more sense! peace xx

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
So I know an ER doctor that works in DENVER and he says the hospital is busy with people lining-up to get checked. There is a backlog. But he said they should know by tonight or tomorrow if there are any cases of swine flu in COLORADO.

I will talk to him again and get back to you guys.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2

yeah my friend you too! i know we are all worrying but for (snip) sakes! dont make humankind the enemy! open your eyes a little more and things might start making a little more sense! peace xx

As mentioned in my earlier posts, i am on DefCon 1. It won't be long before humanity turns on itself and does what Donald does @ 1.52secs

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Am I reading this wrong, or is the ticker at the bottom of this map reading 5 dead in Canada and 1 in Costa Rica?

www.idemc.org...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Being as how it still lists pandemic alert lvl 4, I wouldn't take it too seriously.....

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Hope you got everything you needed.

I have to wonder why more ATS members are not all ready prepared.

Seems like people just didn't take a possible sitx seriously. Well, this is a sitx. It's here.

I need nothing. I am ready to lock down and ride the wave. I have everything I need to stay inside for months.

Good luck and stay safe.

Maybe more people will prepare after we get through this situation.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Burred_Dawg

Yep, i read it as 5 dead in Canada, but to be fair it still says Pandemic level 4, when it should be 5.

Take gMaps with a pinch of salt. Your local/national news will corroborate scary stuff like new deaths.

link   
reply to post by Zenagain

Nope, sorry, it has been raised to level 5 as of today.

Hope I read your post correctly!

FMF

link   
reply to post by dizziedame

cuz most think us survival,awarness peoples are quackers..My wife has thought that up until today..Very sureal for her

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Burred_Dawg
Am I reading this wrong, or is the ticker at the bottom of this map reading 5 dead in Canada and 1 in Costa Rica?

www.idemc.org...

Well you read it right according to my eyes, but I have found over the last year, that site is not always accurate.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

yeah point and scream! exactly what im talking about! there are certain people to point at, not humanity! as I said before, open your eyes a little and it will make more sense!! you seem able to know! so now you should! times are changing! TIMES! peacexx

new topics

top topics

<< 158  159  160    162  163  164 >>

join