It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 114
<< 111  112  113    115  116  117 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Today, a couple of "counties" passed by without lights flashing. Then, an ambulance flew by. This happened twice.

www.knoxnews.com...

At least, we seem to be having a voluntary response, even though I don't see it being containable.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I was thinking about the whole pandemic burning out for the summer. Its almost May, it has got to be a lot hotter in Mexico than it is in the northern USA or other countries that this is in and it is picking up steam still.

Could this strain be able to keep going even in the heat. Is that possible??

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

I can guarantee it is being underplayed and underreported.

In the last few hours I learned what was going here and I am shocked.

None of it, Zero, is being reported.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Probably will take some crap but Leno just called the upcoming usually huge celebration in Mexico on May 5th "Sicko De Mayo..."

Come on...we need a good laugh right now.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

It's already moved into the southern hemisphere.

If they don't contain it there it'll likely continue on.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
The WHO will declare Pandemic Level 5 anyday now... and pandemic level 6 is martial law and forced vaccines.

IMO they'll use that to make ``disapear`` a bunch of people. They'll say that they died of the flu.

There will be violence, guns will be taken.

Even if this flu is hyped, it looks like they're gonna use it to the full extent.

Worst case scenario: martial law, kidnapping of patriots, guns taken...

And it takes 2 days for a sample to be identified as swine flu or not... thousands of people could have it and spreading it without knowing.

Scary post because that is how I feel about this, however the weird part to me is how the pork industry is controlling the WHO and begining to thwart the numbers reguardless of what the reast of the results say...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I don't think its the "pork industry" manipulating the CDC, WHO, and the news media.

Theyre not exactly known for having that kind of influence.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

I sure could go for one of those delicious oranges you are able to go out on a limb for...

Be well... Theives oil, oil of oregano.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Wasn't there chatter about July 09? 3 months... Well my big question is how to avoid the vaccinations? Is that where the FEMA camps come into play? For those who refuse?

I am way more concerned about the forced mandatory shots than bugging out against the virus.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

Originally posted by pcgeek
I was thinking about the whole pandemic burning out for the summer. Its almost May, it has got to be a lot hotter in Mexico than it is in the northern USA or other countries that this is in and it is picking up steam still.

it is possible. the spanish flu pandemic of 1918 was deadly into the summer .
en.wikipedia.org...

The influenza strain was unusual in that this pandemic killed many young adults and otherwise healthy victims; typical influenzas kill mostly infants (aged 0–2 years), the elderly, and the immunocompromised. Another oddity was that this influenza outbreak was widespread in summer and fall (in the Northern Hemisphere). Typically, influenza is worse in the winter months.

the spanish flu also killed the same age group this 'north american flu' aka 'swine flu' is killing in mexico.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by pcgeek

I'd have to say yes. For a swine flu to become capable of infecting humans part of the adaptation/mutation has to be being able to replicate sufficiently at a lower temperature because humans have a lower body temperature than pigs.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
Australia approves new swine flu detention powers

CANBERRA, April 29 (Reuters) - Australia's government has approved tough new powers to detain and disinfect people suspected of carrying swine flu as authorities await test results from 91 suspected cases.

Health Minister Nicola Roxon sought approval for the new laws late on Tuesday, but said she had no intention yet of forcibly detaining people, unless the threat of a pandemic escalated.

www.alertnet.org...

Anyone seen this yet?

Well if the WHO raises the alert level I feel bad for the Aussies.

Out of all the continents, Australia could actually do this and make it work.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by mrwupy

I sure could go for one of those delicious oranges you are able to go out on a limb for...

Be well... Theives oil, oil of oregano.

I could have sworn that was a lemon, You spoke to me of making a potion with it, while we laughed and shared our time together....

Oh crap......

BACK ON TOPIC.......

News and updates on Swine flu.

I'm giving myself a warning. Stay on topic.

Sorry,

Antar does this to me.....

[edit on 28-4-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by elitegamer23

The situation at least in regards to infections is far worse than what the media is reporting. Suspected cases and tests are far higher and no one is reporting it. We have zero flu news reports coming out of LA yet we have a processing center collecting samples from all over the state.

Things are much worse than any news outlet is reporting. What I am trying to figure out is why in regards to the lack of media coverage.

I just hope the viral infections remain some what mild.

one reason they are keeping hush about the real problem we are facing and the amount of people who are probably infected is because considering the economy is crap and we have spent trillions of our kids money to pump it back up the last thing they want is the whole nation to panic .

that would in turn shut down the economy. if americans are afraid to go to work or to the mall to spend money , well u know what im getting at.

its going to happen anyways especially if this turns out to be like mexico city in the usa.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Novavax (NVAX): NVAX can produce a vaccine from an emergent strain of flu virus in 12 weeks according to the CEO. Currently in Phase II trials, the FDA could give then emergency authorization power
Quidel Corp (QDEL): QDEL makes the QuickVue test which is used during flu season. Recently the company reported a wider then expected loss because of a mild flue season, which led to weak demand for their flu test kit.
Generex Biotechnology (GNBT): GNBT operates several different sprays for weight-loss, and type I and type II diabetes. GNBT is also working on Phase I and Phase II testing for SARS, and Influenza.

Look into who can profit the most from this.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

This is being way underplayed. Veratect reports the CDC was on the ground in Texas and California on Monday, April 20th. I would have to guess by the CDC being 3 to 5 days behind in reporting the coverage of this Flu is got to be 35 to 45% of the country. ( USA )
Get ready!

SMR

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Is it me or are these pharmaceuticals having pissing contests.
All I keep reading is now, is how this pharmaceutical can do this, in this amount of time.
Are they bidding for a contract while taking shortcuts for a vaccine that probably wont do as it should.

I really don't think I would want to take some 'alpha' vaccine anyway for some unknown strain of mutating DNA flu.Would you?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

you are 100% spot on...I happen to remember that some bin laden guy said he would cripple our economy..If this in fact was a staged event by a bad guy it would certainly work...

If this was infact staged by a rogue ''gubmit'' what would be the out come?The endgame so to say? Kinda a paradox of sorts..We say that the NWo is spreading this,but then its being downplayed to quell the crippling of our economy...
Hearing the reports a month ago about the fema road blocks and marshal law kinda coencides with the time line of this thing,and thats what makes me think that someone somewhere kew about this happening..

ah,i'm just rambiling

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I was off for a few hours...somewhere back there there was a post saying the six teachers in Mira Mesa tested negative for swine flu.

My question is how the d#!!?? h##@ could they possibly know that, that fast? Doesn't a confirmation take 3 to 4 days? And didn't California just gain the capacity to test for swine flu this afternoon?

I know for a fact that they didn't check those teachers until around 1 pm this afternoon at the earliest. So there is no way they could know for sure one way or the other by now.

Someone's either lying or wishfully thinking.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

Originally posted by Redpillblues

Hearing the reports a month ago about the fema road blocks and marshal law kinda coencides with the time line of this thing,and thats what makes me think that someone somewhere kew about this happening..

ah,i'm just rambiling

who might have known something was major was going to happen?

Originally posted by elitegamer23
ive always kept in my mind the warning joe biden gave a crowd in seattle about obama being tested in the first 6 months of his presidency. i wonder if his warning could have been about such an event as a world wide pandemic.

blogs.suntimes.com...

And here's the point I want to make. Mark my words. Mark my words. It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy. And he's gonna have to make some really tough - I don't know what the decision's gonna be, but I promise you it will occur. As a student of history and having served with seven presidents, I guarantee you it's gonna happen. I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate. And he's gonna need help. And the kind of help he's gonna need is, he's gonna need you, not financially to help him, we're gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right. Because all these decisions, all these decisions, once they're made if they work, then they weren't viewed as a crisis. If they don't work, it's viewed as you didn't make the right decision, a little bit like how we hesitated so long dealing with Bosnia and dealing with Kosovo, and consequently 200,000 people lost their lives that maybe didn't have to lose lives. It's how we made a mistake in Iraq. We made a mistake in Somalia. So there's gonna be some tough decisions. They may emanate from the Middle East. They may emanate from the sub-continent. They may emanate from Russia's newly-emboldened position because they're floating in a sea of oil."

kinda scary how the 6 month time frame is running out of time while this crap is starting to happen. just look at how sure he was something major was going to happen.

Mark my words. Mark my words. It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy.

Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy. And he's gonna have to make some really tough - I don't know what the decision's gonna be, but I promise you it will occur.

I guarantee you it's gonna happen.

joe what were you talking about exactly?

Originally posted by elitegamer23

this is part of colin powell's warning
www.prisonplanet.com...

Colin Powell has made bizarre comments that echo the recent declaration by Democratic VP candidate Joe Biden that there will be an “international crisis” early into Barack Obama’s presidency that will test the new president by forcing him to make unpopular decisions

10-19-2008 is when joe boden promised us obama would be tested in the first 6 months in office

10-19-2008 is when colin powell warned of a comming crisis.

i didnt realize it but both warnings came on the same day.
these people knew something big was on the horizon.

what kind of unpopular decisions could obama make. a forced vaccination? quarantine of the masses? declaration of a national emergency followed by martial law ?

top topics

<< 111  112  113    115  116  117 >>

join