It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 115
<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join
share:
SMR

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

I thought the same.
When it was on the news later they said one had Pneumonia, one had a cold and the others I forget, sorry.They don't mention it either on the net ( that I could find anyway ) But they did say on the local news.Maybe I can update later when they have the 11 o'clock news.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
ahha,and how was kennedy tested??The proliferation of the usa...

oh were #ed....

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

How about those cervical cancer vaccination they did on all young girls recently.....???

I wonder if the girls who got vaccinated are gonna get sick aswell ... or somebody was planning ahead for something?

I guess you need fertile young women if you want to ensure the survival of your species.

Peace.

Oh and those FEMA-camps are not build to lock people in but to lock the rest out. Now we know why they have those plastics containers stored by the thousands....

And so the pieces of this giant puzzle are coming together pretty nice, huh?

/tinfoil hat off, sorry about that

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
I was off for a few hours...somewhere back there there was a post saying the six teachers in Mira Mesa tested negative for swine flu.

My question is how the d#!!?? h##@ could they possibly know that, that fast? Doesn't a confirmation take 3 to 4 days? And didn't California just gain the capacity to test for swine flu this afternoon?

I know for a fact that they didn't check those teachers until around 1 pm this afternoon at the earliest. So there is no way they could know for sure one way or the other by now.

Someone's either lying or wishfully thinking.

They probably tested positive on something else that could be checked faster.

SMR

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
So testing positive for say the common cold, as one did, rules out N1H1 ?
I don't see how finding one thing rules out the other without properly checking.
This is why I think most of these 'negative' conclusions are full of 'you know what' There are too many cases coming back within hours as negative when we are being told it takes days to get tests back.We have been reading all day how samples are being sent off here and there to be tested.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
the only mention of the flu i have seen is on tv and the internet. no one else in my community really cares

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbycheese3
the only mention of the flu i have seen is on tv and the internet. no one else in my community really cares

That is the number one problem these days. We as a society choose ignorance on a topic until the problem is literally staring back at us. Most of my friends and just in general the people I know, don't care about this new strain and won't care until it causes problems for themselves... With that attitude, I won't be surprised if this turns into the worst case scenario.

Slightly lighter topic, anyone have any odds on what are the chances it will die out during the summer? From what I understand flu is prevalent during the winter because it is easier to spread in a dry and cold air climate... But it started in Mexico right? Is it possible that it might have some sort of immunity to heat? ....

Okay maybe not lighter... Any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I don't see how the media can underplay how this flu is panning out. They report what they see and hear from the numerous agencies worldwide. you can't control that.

Just going on hearsay from one or two unkown people is just rumour, not fact.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneInDarkness

Some doctors think it will go quiet during the Summer, but come back with a vengeance during the Fall.

By that time we should have a stock pile of vaccine as well.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

I'm not going off hearsay or rumor.

I present what I know and its up to members of ATS to decide to regard it or not.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbycheese3

The only people who care I've seen are the ones who have talked to me.

I am a very calm and factual orator. I'm also known for being the person that is a more attractive and more enjoyable Clive Claven. They ask questions, I answer them. You can see their cavalier attitude get chinks in it. Usually I try to slip in how they could prepare to ride out of week or two of being sick.

I think that they don't understand.

They don't have family memory of 1918 either. I do genealogy, so I've seen that people in different lines of my family/husband's family have 1918 deaths. I've read their obituaries, saying how they were healthy 28 year old farm men who died quickly. And seen the dates showing that three sisters all died within a couple of weeks of each other.

When I tell that story of finding the 1918 victims obits and realizing that they died in the prime of their healthy lives, you can see their eyebrows go up and knit together, and they say unfailingly, "Twenty Eight? Really?!?"

The reality of what this might be hasn't even begun to fester in their heads.

Perhaps it is a survival mechanism? I'm quite capable of being prepared, engaged, and open to the information without panicking. Or at least only panicking minorly if I'm going to, then getting back on track. Maybe they only have two modes - not panicked and panicked.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Perhaps we can get a little fun out of this if we start a rumor that the best way to protect yourself from this is to share orgasms

Orgasm-induced endorphins kill the virus...yeah, that's the ticket!!

If it catches on maybe a few of us'll get laid before we croak.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
Perhaps we can get a little fun out of this if we start a rumor that the best way to protect yourself from this is to share orgasms

Orgasm-induced endorphins kill the virus...yeah, that's the ticket!!

If it catches on maybe a few of us'll get laid before we croak.

Might turn out bad if you try it on someone and they decide they'd rather die though.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

you stole that cure from africa. in africa people think having sex with a virgin cures aids sadly but hey everyone should get them some before we all die.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by elitegamer23]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
just make sure you use your mask and a condom

SMR

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

# US, California:
One Probable Pediatric Case of Swine Influenza Reported in Visalia.
#swineflu30 minutes ago from web

# Mexico:
Number of Suspected Deaths Caused by Swine Influenza Reaches 159.
#swineflu36 minutes ago from web

# Japan:
200 Japanese Rushed Back from Mexico City due to Swine Influenza Outbreaks; No Suspected Case Identified.
#swinefluabout 1 hour ago from web

Keep an eye on that last one there.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

That would certainly wilt the ego.

One might welcome the flu then.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by LoneInDarkness

Some doctors think it will go quiet during the Summer, but come back with a vengeance during the Fall.

By that time we should have a stock pile of vaccine as well.

I hope it will go quiet...and I don't think we will have a vaccine fast enough. Vaccines take typically 6 months to develop ( Not counting mass production time) at best and up to 12 months at worst... It is very possible that by the time the flu season returns...it may be too late. Or worse it just lasts through the summer..

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SMR

they way japan has been gettin ready to handle this outbreak im sure those people will be quarantined the moment they land .

sadly it still wont be enough, im guessing this will not be containted anywhere.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Didn't Baxter say that they could have a vaccine in 13 weeks?

new topics

top topics

<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join