It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 111
<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Q-C travelers not changing trips to Mexico
qctimes.com...

Some Quad-Citians planning vacations to Mexico remain concerned about reported swine flu cases in that country.

But few, if any, have canceled their travel plans, according to area travel agencies.

Charlotte Dahl, president of Great River Travel, Rock Island, said her clients who have booked Mexican vacations are taking a “wait-and-see approach.”

“We don’t have cancellations yet, but they’re concerned,” she said. “We are trying to assess what is happening.

They aren’t going for a couple of weeks.”

Most of those trips involve resort areas such as Cancun and Riviera Maya, which is outside of Cancun.

Dahl compared the concern to the bird flu scare of a few years ago.

Barbi Ragan, corporate operations manager for The Travel Business Inc., Moline, also was reminded of the bird flu.

“It was really a lot of hype and not much came of it,” she said. “I am hoping this will come out the same.”

Still, news of the swine flu outbreak is causing customers to call the Moline travel agency with questions and concerns.

“It is affecting some plans to Mexico,” Ragan said. “Some are considering canceling; some people are perfectly fine and ready to fly out right away.”

i like how my local travel agents are comparing this to the bird flu scare of a few years ago. no sorry the bird flu was not going from human to human if i remember right.

are they just saying anything to make money?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Update

BreakingNewsRadio reports say Rio Grande, Texas, is closing all the schools amid swine flu concerns.

4 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

VeratectMichigan: Culture from “Probable” Swine Influenza Case in Ottawa County Sent to CDC. #swineflu

5 minutes ago from web

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Update

Veratect Canada: Total of 20 Suspected Cases of Swine Influenza Reported in Ontario. #swineflu

half a minute ago from web

Veratect Scotland: 14 Suspected Cases of Swine Influenza Identified Across Six Health Board Jurisdictions. #swineflu

2 minutes ago from web

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Just on the local news in Arizona. Four suspected cases that have been sent in for testing.

Ama

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
my local news station, New 10 now, is reporting possible deaths in NYC...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Looks like it may get a name change if the U.S. government has their way. It's killing the pork industry.

U.S. officials want 'swine' out of flu name

www.alertnet.org...

and this is an even better reason for a name change:

The Paris-based World Organization for Animal Health also objected to the name, saying the virus contains avian and human components and no pig so far has been found ill with the disease.

Sounds like they are trying to promote calling it the North America Influenza.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
New Zealand Update:
11 Confirmed Cases
31 Suspected Cases. 179 People Isolated as a precaution.

36 Isolated in Wellington
37 Isolated in Christchurch

Testing for Influenza A

10 in Nelson
8 in Christchurch
4 in Hutt Valley
2 in Taranaki
5 in Waikato
+5 in Auckland

link   
I know that im new here to ATS.but i would like to share my theory on why more fatalities are being seen in mexico and not the u.s./////Ok this is my thought is that since this is a fairly new virus that it was or maybe conceived in mexico what has diffrent levels of polutants and lack of basic healthcare in some areas it proves fatal to thge residents of mexico,now upon arrival to the U S and Canada the virus is out of its birth enviorment and there fore loses its power.....but after a few days or weeks after being in the U S it has adapted and replicated itself for the its present enviorment.maybe this virus is some sort of superbug that mutates for survival what would explain why it has several diffrent genome types...well just a thought let me know what u guys think

link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
reply to post by ImzadiDax

Originally posted by ImzadiDax
20 suspected cases here in Wi. .....

www.nbc15.com...

this is getting too close to home

does anyone think we will reach a point where we stop reporting suspected cases and move on to reporte deaths in the usa?

Yea, too close.

I think that reports of death are soon to follow. I hope not! Hope for the best but prepare for the worst, yes? I feel so bad for the people already lost in Mexico. Its all so sad.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by ImzadiDax]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Here in Holland its now called the mexican flu.

Paz

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Dammit, my mum lives in Auckland and my uncle works on the Air NZ planes.

not good!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whatthehell?
Let's all listen to this guy. His brain is large regarding this subject.

www.wpxi.com...

Very informative video.

The video link from Whatthehell is EXCELLENT, i can't stress enough the clarification Henry Niman gives. On the contrary, here's a thread trying to debunk his 'prophecy' and credibility.

Basically there will be two waves as the N1H1 mutates with seasonal flu. Wave one is what we're seeing now and wave two will hit in the Autumn (fall) with much more devastating effect.

Mexico may be ground zero and cases began a month ago, so we are only just seeing the full blown effect of this 'mild' version. The summer will subdue the virus and when the autumn comes, a second strain will unleash hell, similar to 1918-1919 flu pandemic.

His description of WHO's level indicator from 3 to 6 was most enlightening. He is more or less confirming Ron Paul's video to read between the lines of whatever crap spews from MSM and 'official' sources.

The video is here (www.wpxi.com...), txs Whatthehell.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Looks like it may get a name change if the U.S. government has their way. It's killing the pork industry.

yes finally someone has figured out how to get rid of the 'swine flu'

change its name and presto its gone.

i do back this decision if its hurting the pork industry but the idea of cheap pork has me licking my chops.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

I have not seen this video yet but will do......But I did want to confirm that this wave is one of two or three is what I heard.......

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I don't know if anyone here has said or not, but the case in Indiana is from Notre Dame. Think of how many students and their families could be next, just like those in schools from NYC, ect. I have a feeling that it is about to get a lot worse here,too.

This is crazy how nothing on the television news is saying ANYTHING like what is being reported here! I am so confused!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

Maybe since this strain attacks the most healthy, and most of us know you cant drink the water in Mexico, they have developed a higher resistance to micro organisms, that their bodies immune system is taking them out quicker. This strain supposedly has the bird flu strain, and that strain attacks the strongest immune systems. Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Israel demanded to change the name... Now its changed: Also in Reuters:

Mexico flu outbreak scares off tourists; economy hit

www.alertnet.org...

So get use to this new name - it will be all over MSM in 24 hours...

Long live AP & Reuters - Zionist Media Corporations!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

It should be called the "Easter Flu", since that's what kick-started it.

The massive congregation of devout Catholics coming togethr in Mexico to celebrate Easter is most likely what got most people infected originally. Notice that most original cases in different countries stem from people who went to Mexico with religious groups to enjoy the Easter celebrations there.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
U.S. officials want 'swine' out of flu name

WASHINGTON, April 28 (Reuters) - What's in a name? U.S. pork producers are finding that the name of the virus spreading from Mexico is affecting their business, prompting U.S. officials to argue for changing the name from swine flu.

At a news briefing, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack took pains to repeatedly refer to the flu as the "H1N1 virus."

"This is not a food-borne illness, virus. It is not correct to refer to it as swine flu because really that's not what this is about," Vilsack said.

www.alertnet.org...

I noticed during the DHS briefing not once was the virus referred to as the "Swine Flu".

Hey, just a thought lets call it the "Crack Cocaine Flu" and get some good out of this. Trying to stay light, and positive. Any one worried about their 401k any more?

SMR

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

I'm beginning to think you want a connection between Swine Flu and Catholics.
I understand your theory but you have to remember that during the same time spring breakers were also in Mexico.Many of which are now coming back and testing positive for the "H1-N1 virus" seeing as it takes about a week to show signs.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by SMR]

top topics

<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join