It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biotechnology Company Provided Advance Warning of Mexican H1N1 "Swine Flu" Virus Outbreak

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwitina948
I don't hate america, I just see what that country instigates on the rest of the world and on its own people, and who gets accused of doing it, and I scratch my head.

I first learned of the Illuminati and the Freemasons over 20 years ago and have been questioning the goings on in the world ever since. Basically everything leads back to the dark organisations (dark=negative secret societies) and the control and manipulation of the general populace, in my humble opinion, just from what I've researched.

lol, first off all, America is not a country, it is a continent
anyways, you should be hating all governments because it is very likely that they are all behind this and want to erase us from the face of the earth.

May God bless us all because we are going to need it.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

Families will be spending time together - scrabble anyone ? Type A personalities will be winding down with a good book - People will be cooking their own meals instead of going to restaurants - With the dark - comes light ~

*bump*

~ LeAto

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Mexico city is easily one of the most populated and population-dense cities in the world. The fact that there have been less than 100 confirmed cases shows beyond any shadow of doubt that this flu is not, "spreading like wild fire".

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Aesun

It shows that there are not adequate facilities to identify infected people beyond if its an Influenza-A B or C which is pretty easily done... A high school student with the correct equipment can perform such testing...

www.cdc.gov...

Operator: OUR FIRST QUESTION IS FROM BETSY McKAY, "WALL STREET JOURNAL." YOUR LINE IS OPEN.
>> HI, DR. SCHUCHAT. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I HAD A COUPLE QUESTIONS, IF I MIGHT. ONE IS ABOUT THE SITUATION IN MEXICO. AT THIS POINT, HOW MANY SAMPLES DO YOU HAVE THAT HAVE TESTED POSITIVE FROM MEXICO? IS IT STILL SEVEN OR DO YOU HAVE MORE? AND HOW MANY OF THOSE PEOPLE ARE THOSE, YOU KNOW, HOW MANY OF THOSE PEOPLE DIED, IF YOU KNOW THAT? AND I HAVE A SECOND QUESTION AFTER THAT, IF THERE'S TIME.
>> YES, I DON'T HAVE UPDATED NUMBERS FROM MEXICO. I CAN TELL YOU THAT WE KNOW THAT SOME OF THE TESTS THAT WE HAVE ARE FROM PATIENTS THAT WERE SEVERELY ILL OR HAD FATAL INFECTIONS. THERE HAVE BEEN A NUMBER OF TESTS OF VIRUSES FROM THE PAST FEW MONTHS THAT HAVE JUST SHOWN A SEASONAL PATTERN. APPARENTLY, ACTUALLY WE DO HAVE 12 SAMPLES FROM MEXICO THAT ARE POSITIVE, SO A FEW MORE THAN WHAT YOU HEARD ABOUT BEFORE, I GUESS IT'S 12 UP FROM THE 7 THAT WE HAD EARLIER, BUT YOU KNOW, I WOULDN'T FOCUS ON THE NUMBERS RIGHT NOW. I THINK IT'S VERY CLEAR THAT IN MEXICO, THERE IS CONFIRMED SWINE INFLUENZA, THIS NEW STRAIN THAT LOOKS LIKE THE SAME STRAIN AS WHAT WE'RE SEEING HERE IN THE U.S., AND IT'S PRETTY CLEAR THAT IN MEXICO THEY'RE HAVING DISEASE IN MULTIPLE PARTS OF THE COUNTRY. AT THIS POINT, THERE'S LOTS MORE WE NEED TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THE PATTERN OF ILLNESS THERE, AND THE EXTENT, AND WE DO HAVE TEAMS THERE TRYING TO LEARN.

~ LeAto

*edited second time for length(second post created)*

[edit on 26-4-2009 by LeAto]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Operator: THE NEXT IS FROM MAGGIE FOX FROM REUTERS. YOUR LINE IS OPEN
>> HI, THANKS VERY MUCH. DR. SCHUCHAT, YOU SAID AT THE VERY BEGINNING THAT YOU WERE TAKING MEASURES TO CONTAIN. DR. BESSER SAID IT CAN'T BE CONTAINED. I WANT TO BE CLEAR ON WHAT CAN AND CAN'T BE DONE TO CONTROL THE SPREAD.
>> LET ME CLARIFY THAT VERY IMPORTANT ISSUE. WHEN WE TALKED ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO CONTAIN THIS THE OTHER DAY, WHAT WE MEANT IS THAT WE CANNOT STOP THIS AT THE BORDER. WE HAVE INFECTIONS IN MANY STATES, AND IN MEXICO, THE INFECTIONS ARE IN SEVERAL STATES, AND SO WE DON'T THINK THAT WE CAN QUENCH THIS IN MEXICO OR IN, YOU KNOW, IF IT'S IN MANY COMMUNITIES RIGHT NOW, THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SAN DIEGO AND TEXAS, FOR INSTANCE, WE DIDN'T THINK WE COULD CONTAIN WHERE THE VIRUS IS, BUT WE THINK THERE'S A LOT WE CAN DO TO LIMIT THE IMPACT ON HEALTH, AND TO SLOW TRANSMISSION IN TERMS OF WORKING AGGRESSIVELY WHEN WE FIND NEW AREAS THAT HAVE INFECTIONS TO MAKE SURE THAT PATIENTS WHO ARE ILL ARE TREATED AND ISOLATED, THAT THEY DON'T INFECT OTHER PEOPLE, AND TO TAKE, HAVE PEOPLE TAKE PRECAUTIONS WHEN THEY DEVELOP SYMPTOMS TO STAY HOME WHEN YOU'RE ILL, NOT GET ON AN AIRPLANE OR A PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION, TO COUGH, WHEN YOU COUGH OR SNEEZE, TO COVER THAT, AND NOT INFECT OTHER PEOPLE, AND YOU KNOW, THE BASICS OF REALLY WASHING YOUR HANDS A LOT. SO THERE'S A LOT YOU CAN DO TO REDUCE THE SPREAD OF RESPIRATORY INFECTION AND THE WAY THAT THESE INFECTIOUS DISEASES WE THINK THE FLOW IN TRANSMISSION CAN HAVE EXCELLENT IMPACT ON HEALTH AND THAT'S REALLY WHAT WE'RE FOCUSING ON NOW. I HOPE THAT CAN MAKE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TOTALLY STOPPING IT AT THE BORDER AND REALLY AGGRESSIVELY RESPONDING WHEREVER WE FIND IT. >> MAGGIE, DO YOU HAVE A FOLLOW-UP?
>> I DO. I JUST WANT TO CLARIFY, TOO, THAT THE RECOMMENDATION IS NOT TO DO THINGS LIKE STOPPING FLIGHTS AND CLOSING BORDERS, CORRECT?
>> THAT'S CORRECT. WE ARE NOT DOING THAT. WE'RE MAKING SURE PEOPLE ARE AWARE OF THE SITUATION IN THE COMMUNITIES THAT ARE AFFECTED, AND THAT PEOPLE ARE TAKING PRECAUTIONS TO REDUCE THEIR CHANCE OF ILLNESS, AND REDUCE THEIR SPREAD OF INFECTION, IF THEY HAVE SYMPTOMS.

I agree completely with this as I stated earlier in this thread... Closing international borders, restricting travel, and all the other possible draconian possibilities will not work... It needs to be addressed on a local level with federal supervision and guidance... At least by the gov't and every individual needs to be aware and take personal precautions(which are outlined by the gov't) that THEY FEEL are necessary for their situation... Stay Alert Stay Alive...

~ LeAto

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This is what I don't get - we have several companies who make instant test kits which use a nasal swab and give an indication in 10 to 15 minutes. It would not be a significant issue to place these test kits with techs at the airports, border crossings and so on.

If the scale is too large then shut down some of the entry points and direct people to the open ones where they will have to be tested prior to entry.

Restrict travel to commercial and business only with testing. There is no reason to allow leisure travel during a pandemic. If we can get other countries to do instant testing even that wouldn't be that big of a deal. Requiring passengers to pass a quick medical screen prior to boarding a plane, boat or bus would not only keep the virus from spreading, it would help detect carriers of the virus who are still in the incubation stage.

I know it would be expensive but bloody hell, the cost of a raging pandemic is probably far worse.

I can't believe the schools in the USA are still open minus the few who have had students already diagnosed with the flu. I'm still fighting with my wife to keep our child home for the next few days. She insists on thinking that until the TV says it's time to take precautions everything is just dandy. I'm not willing to risk my kid's lives, IMO secluding ourselves for a few days costs nothing and may very well save all of our lives. I could care less for anyone's opinion to the contrary. Feel free to go hang out in large crowds at Mexican restaurants for all I care.

I was 8 when the 76 flu came by and our family huddled up for a couple of weeks. We had neighbors get extremely sick and a few people in our very small, very isolated town died. The one thing the victims all had in common was that they continued to run around like it was just any old day while the virus was still incubating among them. I hope this one mutates into nothing very quickly even though it will cause people to take risks the next time. We WILL have another deadly pandemic in the future, no way around it. IMO taking precautions is the responsible course of action not only for my own family but also for the protection of the community at large. We cannot spread the virus if we aren't out and around to be infected by it.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

All those nasal tests would do is let us know that someone has the flu.. Which at this time of year MIGHT be an indication that they probably have the current h1n1 variant... They would not tell us if it is h1n1 that requires sequencing far beyond that which standard northern blot(testing a high school student could perform) could tell us. There would need to be full genetic sequencing done I would imagine to determine if a suspected infection is the current variant of h1n1 which takes time and specialized facilities. Retroviralsounds any comments or corrections on this?

~ LeAto

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeAto

All those nasal tests would do is let us know that someone has the flu.. Which at this time of year MIGHT be an indication that they probably have the current h1n1 variant... They would not tell us if it is h1n1 that requires sequencing far beyond that which standard northern blot(testing a high school student could perform) could tell us. There would need to be full genetic sequencing done I would imagine to determine if a suspected infection is the current variant of h1n1 which takes time and specialized facilities. Retroviralsounds any comments or corrections on this?

~ LeAto

I am in biotech research, so I do not know a whole lot about the medical field (they ARE completely separate). But any type of assay that might be built into a 10-15 minute nasal swab test would not type any virus, it would just be a positive negative thing.

We do not use northerns for sequencing. We use many other techniques such as capillary electrophoresis, pyrosequencing and shotgun sequencing for building libraries. As I said, by now they have identified a region of the genome of the virus that stays constant (for the most part, has few random mutations) but is specific to H1N1. Every RNA virus has a finger print, which tells everything about it... where its from, what it attacks etc. and thats also what they use to see if it has been manipulated by man (thus why I also know this is absolutely not a bioterror event). A lot of novel sequencing techniques rely on SNPs, I am not even about to start getting into that here, research if you like.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mhector3500

lol, first off all, America is not a country, it is a continent
anyways, you should be hating all governments because it is very likely that they are all behind this and want to erase us from the face of the earth.

May God bless us all because we are going to need it.

Yes. LOL

America is the United States of America, a country. It is on the continent North America. There's a South America just below, also a continent.

If governments want to erase everyone isn't it easier to turn off the power, running water, communications links, food delivery, etc?

Why drag it out?

Anyway, now I know who to hate.

Mike

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by retroviralsounds

Thanks you clarified where I was cloudy in explanation/thought.

~ LeAto

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
When i was a like 10 or so, my mom would read the bible to me or would just tell be parts of the stories from the bible, there was this part which supposed to be the Apocalypse, or the end of the world, and i remember my mom telling me that it said that in the end times, there would be people flying in the skies(i think this would be airplanes) and that there would be biological weapons, and therefore, people would be wearing some kind of facial masks that would be very similar to a PIG's face!

At first, i made the connection whit the biological weapon with the swine flu, but now, i just realized that it was describing the masks to be similar to a pigs face, and where does the swine flu supposedly comes from? PIGS!!!!!

Just thought i should point that out.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

It would be expensive and very time consuming to check but this used to be standard practice for entering the country. Immigrants who showed signs of trachoma or certain other contagious conditions before the advent of mass produced antibiotics were not permitted entry under any circumstances. The problem is, how do you screen thousands of passengers or people crossing the border each day, and how do you develop an accurate test? Not to mention, a visual exam depends on skill and circumstances, a person who looks healthy may be in the early stages and a sick person may have another problem.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Yes they have nasal flu tests that take 10 minutes or less and are the standard per the WHO and CDC. Here's the leading brand: Quik View

They also make specific tests for type, A, B, A+B and even Avian.

If the test is positive does it really matter if the person has the Mexico variant? I would guess anyone typing positive would be turned back for more in depth screening.

Russia is requiring anyone flying in from the US to have their temperature checked. Maybe not as accurate but far more than we're doing.

I'm a bit surprised this was even a matter to be questioned. Who isn't aware of the rapid flu tests? They've only been in hospitals and Dr's offices for more than a year now.

The FDA has approved a clinic rapid test that not only indicates positive or negative but also pinpoints the exact strain detected.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
reply to post by cosmicpixie

It would be expensive and very time consuming to check but this used to be standard practice for entering the country. Immigrants who showed signs of trachoma or certain other contagious conditions before the advent of mass produced antibiotics were not permitted entry under any circumstances. The problem is, how do you screen thousands of passengers or people crossing the border each day, and how do you develop an accurate test? Not to mention, a visual exam depends on skill and circumstances, a person who looks healthy may be in the early stages and a sick person may have another problem.

I saw on TV that in Japanese airports they were screening passengers arriving in flights from affected countries using some of those cameras that record body heat. If any passenger appears to have a fever, they will screen him more intensely before letting them out of the airport.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

It still does not sub-classify influenza-a down to h1n1 h1n2 h2n1 h2n3 ect ect... Nor can they identify any further... Any positive test of flu entering the country and quarantine then? Sounds far to draconian... Not that it matters at this point any way its already state side with multiple points of entry...

~ LeAto

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeAto

It still does not sub-classify influenza-a down to h1n1 h1n2 h2n1 h2n3 ect ect... Nor can they identify any further... Any positive test of flu entering the country and quarantine then? Sounds far to draconian... Not that it matters at this point any way its already state side with multiple points of entry...

~ LeAto

Yeah it's real heavy police state to test people coming into the country who are not citizens for a potentially deadly disease. Since the current strain is A+B they actually could test for it using the rapid test. AFAIK it's the only A+B variant active at this time. At a minimum it would narrow down the number of people selected for further testing.

Given they probably passed through at least one machine which takes x-ray photos showing their naked body checking a nasal swab or body temperature isn't exactly Nazi youth style measures.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by retroviralsounds

Now it has hit Spain, which is a rather long way from Mexico, which confirms it is a pandemic. Usually i dont get upset easily but this is quite eerie, i wonder what precautions to take. Can the virus travel far by the air that we breathe or do we have to be in very close proximity of an infected host? Any virologist out there, for how long can the virus live outside the human body ?

CNN answers questions regarding swine.-flu
edition.cnn.com...

Update: EU crisis meeting this thursday, says José Manuel Barroso.
News sources
Confirmed cases Sweden, New Zealand, England, Scotland and France too.

Dread

[edit on 2009/4/27 by reugen]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
Why mexico as the release point?

Because it was engineered by our enemies ... China or Russia etc .. and they knew the easiest way to get it into the USA was to release it in overcrowded Mexico where the illegals flow across the border like water and disperse themselves all over our country.

It is an attack upon the USA by a country that can create a swine/bird/human flu hybrid. That country (or entity) is on the other side of the planet somewhere ...

That's my guess.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Got some massive trolling on this thread, Power_Semi, when you got something useful to offer, then say it, but otherwise, I find your posts to be devoid of any value except to be the one saying "Relax!" which there are already many people like you, all uninformed. So STFU, please.

Ya know, the one thing I didn't appreciate was the Madonna song which holders heard before the CDC phone call yesterday... "Hope I live to telll the secrets I knew then, till thennnn, it wil burn inside of meeee..." Could have been better song choice.

But the call told me a couple things: The lady on the phone, answering the questions, was scared. She was very specific about not explaining how anything works (viruses I mean), she didn't speak to the fact that incubation period means that we don't know how many people are being incubated and have not yet gotten sick, she didn't respond nicely to the one guy who was losing his s--- on the phone, she actually almost-laughed at him whereas his panicked question was very real. Her attitude was, relax but get ready for more deaths. Personally, I think she was just very, very afraid.

What she didn't mention, and what the callers on the phone (WSJ, CBS, etc,. etc) did NOT ask about was the blog from biosurveillance.typead.com... for example, which describes how the CDC was notified weeks ago about this, and did nothing of use. Canada shut down Mexico travel very quickly --US is meant to just be the experimental group I guess?

Her smokescreen on the call, regarding actual info (and the laughable questions of the media) made the call very informative for me.

Even if all these "chill out" shills on this thread and at the CDC actually believe we are fools for being aware, it is not until they tell us NOT to take action, that they really expose themselves as worthless enemies of humanity. If we live in a global world, then only evil bastards would not want us to have DRILLS and INFORMATION so that we are prepared as a people, for societal disconnection, which will happen next.

Only an evil person would advise someone else not to take prudent measures. Only a satanic rat-bastard would tell someone they are a fool to be scared for their children and loved ones. I am finding I must look at Canada and Mexico to read what actually is going on. In the US, I am smelling some kind of stupidity-blanket being placed over everyone's head. There is no effort or attempt to educate the cows who might get flu.

Nobody tells us about incubation periods and nobody corrects the thinking that if you don't have sniffles, you aren't contagious. Correct me if I am wrong but the contagious period happens before one develops symptoms, right? That's a huge fact which most people could know, and which would amp up the reality of this situation because death (potentially) is being passed in a "novel" way.

Apparently we have fire drills in America but when there is a global smell of smoke, they want us to sit in the smoke and nurture our fear, rather than to inform us or encourage good preparations and calm action as in fire drills. All the broadcast I am hearing is along those lines, that is to say, away from actually preparing people for the hugeness of what may be.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by smallpeeps]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Normal flu takes three days to show symptoms and you are contagious after a day exposure. So this one they are saying you can get sick after 24 hours of being exposed? Sounds like you are contagious rite away. Very scary.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by amatrine]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join