It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biotechnology Company Provided Advance Warning of Mexican H1N1 "Swine Flu" Virus Outbreak

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I have no reason to suspect retroviralsounds is illegit. Read his posts or have a conversation with him. You will see his grasp on the complicated subject matter is beyond a 16 year old kid, and is realistically within the realm of his stated education.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

*bump*

Agreed... He was asked for his credentials and what else is there when in the science field than your degrees and publications... Retroviral's comments have been some of the most informative in this thread in relation to the actual inner workings of this topic...

Again *Bump*

~ LeAto

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
reply to post by Power_Semi

Originally posted by Power_Semi

The problem is that most of you are non thinking Human beings.

You're all so wrapped up in the excitement that "this might be the big one" that you can't see that you're getting swept up in the hype.

The sad thing is that most of you read like you're secretly enjoying this, like it'll be a big adventure if people start dropping like flies.

its usually easier to get your point across without subtle insults like calling people non thinking human beings.

why do you assume people are hoping this will be the big one? maybe people have friends, family , and children that they care about and they want to be on top of something that could potentially affect their lives.

you call it hype. well go to mexico city and tell those people they are getting worked up over nothing.

for being above most of the people on this website as you might think you are , you have a poor way of communicating with people you dont agree with.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by elitegamer23]

Not at all elitegamer.

The problem as I see it is that people are preprgrammed to respond to certain triggers whether they appreciate it or not.

The people on this board, for example, have chosen to accept the conspiracy/big one/ etc kind of trigger, and consequently they post with a kind of "told you so," "I knew it," "bio-engineered problem," kind of reply, which has an underlying psychological call of "I am vindicated," or "I knew this would happen, I'm right & you are wrong" attitude.

Consequently, what you end up with is a load of people who are happy if this pans out to be a major disaster becasue it meets their expactations, or more properly it qualifies the scenario that justifies their own internal views of who they are and why they are superior to the "ordinary" people out there.

Sadly, if you put your disagreement with my comments aside & deeply analyse your own thoughts, then you'll realise that you are enjoying this, it is exciting, and makes you feel warm & fuzzy in your pants, like you are suddenly not a fruitcake anymore, but a visionary genius.

As much as I disagree with the extremely poor manhandling of people generally by government, and the fickle double standards that we all have to live by, if you look at the facts you will see that this is blown out of all proportion and in fact represents nothing other than another kind of distraction.

What you need to be asking yourself is a distraction from what?

Time will tell who is right & who is wrong, but when this pans out to be nothing then I hope that you will find it within yourself to apologise to me and to acknowledge that it was nothing more than a distraction, fuelled by the idiots who claim without justification that "10% of everyone who contacts this will die."

While you're focussed on this nonsense you're missing what the magician is doing with his other hand.

Just to pre-qualify my statements, I have written a number of books on psychology, and more appropriately the effects of propaganda and marketing on peoples thought processes and behaviour.

So I'm more than qualified to make this call, more so than the "scientist" who promotes himself on this board.

Of course, if I'm wrong it doesn't really matter that I'm upsetting you all because 10% of you will be dead before long - not!

[edit on 26-4-2009 by Power_Semi]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by retroviralsounds
My creds: (which I cannot even believe that I am posting on here) Micro major/ chem minor/ gen sci minor/ molecular biology focus. Work at battelle memorial inst. focus on biodefense research.

I am not fear mongering, no waiving flags here... people in the US are far under informed about a lot of biological threats, weaponry related or non. This is the first time 75% of the US has heard of a pandemic, let alone know what to do to prepare. And thats what everyone should be doing right now, planning, preparing and taking precautionary measures, just. in. case.

It's waving, not waiving, and how do you know what percentage of the US public have heard of the word "Pandemic"?

It might sound pedantic, but please qualify your foundless statements with some facts - if you can.

I'm not claiming that you're a fear monger but,......

..........oh yes, I am, sorry.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

You're all so wrapped up in the excitement that "this might be the big one" that you can't see that you're getting swept up in the hype.

The sad thing is that most of you read like you're secretly enjoying this, like it'll be a big adventure if people start dropping like flies.

its usually easier to get your point across without subtle insults like calling people non thinking human beings.

why do you assume people are hoping this will be the big one? maybe people have friends, family , and children that they care about and they want to be on top of something that could potentially affect their lives.

you call it hype. well go to mexico city and tell those people they are getting worked up over nothing.

for being above most of the people on this website as you might think you are , you have a poor way of communicating with people you dont agree with.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by elitegamer23]

You see, just to point out how propaganda works in this instance, you have listened to this persons posts and decided that maybe they know what they're talking about, and so consequently you want to be on their side.

What you have consciously or subconsciously filtered out is that before my "nasty" comments about "unthinking human beings," he called me an uneducated layman.

Now, I ask you, where is the justification for that?

The hope, and sadly the fact, is that you will listen to his views and agree with them, and so filter away the similarly disparaging that he makes since he is empowered in your minds to make this call.

Sadly for both you & him the fact remains that ZERO PERCENT of infectees outside of Mexico are dead, which strongly vindicates me, whilst casting you & him into La-La land.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
What ever fear mongering there might be, this is now in my area with two infected confirmed cases. Vancouver BC.

That did not take long, not at all.

Doctors from Mexico are reporting on the internet via twitter, news sites, forums that the death toll is greater then what is being reported.

This is airborn, and that means that people are being infected daily be people without any symptoms because the incubation period is 3-7 days.

It is already reaching a pandemic scope crossing borders and countries. This is a serious illness that is spreading.

The fact that the media seems paralyzed to report the facts and the truth as they happen, to downplay panic perhaps... is also irresponsible.

There is a multiplication factor here the more people come in contact with infected people, the exponential factor kicks in where we all could end up catching a new cold called Swine Flu by the end of June.

I am just going to watch the hotzones, track it's migration and start taking vit C and colloidal silver till this is over.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
www.who.int...

As of 26 April 2009, the United States Government has reported 20 laboratory confirmed human cases of swine influenza A/H1N1

Also as of 26 April, the Government of Mexico has reported 18 laboratory confirmed cases of swine influenza A/H1N1. Investigation is continuing to clarify the spread and severity of the disease in Mexico. Suspect clinical cases have been reported in 19 of the country's 32 states.

Interesting Tid-bit from the source of sources given global health issues...

~ LeAto

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
KSAT-TV: Texas closes 14 schools and district facilities in the Schertz-Cibolo-Universal City Independent School District due to swine flu

From Twitter....also more cases being found and confirmed in Texas,I am not suprised.

Now I need to decide how and where I will personally address this: do I continue to go to gym,stores,and doing my day to day "stuff" in San Antonio and local areas?

Damn.
Now...will the parents insist the lil' darlin's stay HOME while school is closed or will they be out and about?
I'd say we all know the answer to that...great.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetpeanc

Originally posted by ecoparity
My analysis based on current data:

1. This outbreak is a bioweapon. The genetic makeup, especially the existence of Eurasian genetic material in a virus which broke out in Mexico indicates transportation. The combination of AB and H5N1 with H1N1 is not a likely mix from nature.

I don't think H5N1 is in the mix there. Can you give a source?

This article says that the North American avian flu that's in the mix is NOT H5N1.

news.yahoo.com...

The "article" you quoted is from Huffington Post which is a "blog", not a news outlet and the paragraph in question is not even about this virus, it's talking about the appearance of another virus in the 1990's:

Pigs are nature's notorious "mixing bowls" for inter-species infections, and many swine flu viruses have long contained human influenza genetic components. Then, in the late 1990's - when industrialized swine production really took off in North America - scientists were alarmed to find that avian influenza genetic material was also mixed into the continent's viral soup (see below). Fortunately, it was not the dreaded and lethal H5N1 strain, which most people know of as "bird flu."

The media has only said that his current virus has "avian flu" in it, they have been very careful not to mention any specifics.

Rense interviewed 3 Doctors, including one who was responsible for building the pandemic response models and bioweapon response models for US Spec Ops. Unfortunately one of the participants was William Deagle, so I'll throw one away and go with 2 who both agreed this is not a natural occurring flu virus. Due to the Spanish flu genetics in it the only source possible is a lab, among other issues they listed.

Most importantly, Dr Henry Niman is calling it a bio weapon release. He's the number one Avian flu researcher, IMO: Dr Henry Niman

[edit on 26-4-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
What ever fear mongering there might be, this is now in my area with two infected confirmed cases. Vancouver BC.

That did not take long, not at all.

Doctors from Mexico are reporting on the internet via twitter, news sites, forums that the death toll is greater then what is being reported.

This is airborn, and that means that people are being infected daily be people without any symptoms because the incubation period is 3-7 days.

It is already reaching a pandemic scope crossing borders and countries. This is a serious illness that is spreading.

The fact that the media seems paralyzed to report the facts and the truth as they happen, to downplay panic perhaps... is also irresponsible.

There is a multiplication factor here the more people come in contact with infected people, the exponential factor kicks in where we all could end up catching a new cold called Swine Flu by the end of June.

I am just going to watch the hotzones, track it's migration and start taking vit C and colloidal silver till this is over.

It's NOTHING.

For Gods sake, do you think the powers that be could hide deaths and major health problems with the internet, twitter, blogging, and all of the rest that's now available to ordinary citizens to pass the word?

The only people who are making this a big deal are here, on ATS, and we all know that we're all nuts - so chill out FFS!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
*Disclaimer*Not an informative post but a conspiracy theory based one*Disclaimer*

Anyone have information on multiplex-automated genomic engineering(MAGE) and its potential uses with RNA?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

It's NOTHING.

For Gods sake, do you think the powers that be could hide deaths and major health problems with the internet, twitter, blogging, and all of the rest that's now available to ordinary citizens to pass the word?

The only people who are making this a big deal are here, on ATS, and we all know that we're all nuts - so chill out FFS!

I like to deny ignorance, it is most certainly something. Is it going to kill us all, no. Is it a very real threat and we should be concerned... yes.

Take precautions, this is spreading like wild fire in a very short order of time.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

It's NOTHING.

I agree with you in principle. For starters, why would anyone want to bio-engineer something that nature produces much better.

I don't claim expertise in this area, though I have worked in medical publishing as a writer/editor in my day. A friend still active in the immunology field responded to my questions earlier today.

He says it come down to reporting more than the number of cases verified.
Depending on the country and region, they estimate a much greater number of cases unrecognized, misdiagnoses, even people dying, especially older ones, and it being written off to pneumonia, natural causes, etc.

Generally commenting, he says there have been a lot of scares that a big one has arrived, and they usually fizzle out.

But that doesn't mean that this is not going to be a pandemic.

My own feeling, speaking from some media experience, if this is being played up to the hilt. They may be just magnifying a situation by histrionic over-reporting, due to the new focus on Mexico. Or it is being used as an extra level of pressure on the country, devastate their tourism, increasing leverage on the barely in control government there.

Virus paranoia is as good a deflection from immediate concerns, as any.

Mike

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

quit trolling your kind have been ruining the nets for years.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

* bump *

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I entertain the possibilty that this was man-made, but I have also rationalized that this is probably natural. If it was man-made and released, I do not think it matters at this point. All that matters now is that it is out there and is still spreading. If it was man-made, I am sure it will come out eventually.

What we need to worry about now is watching this develop and hope that it just fizzles out.

I concur with the quit trolling comment by the OP.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by tamusan]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Some interesting if slightly more paranoid discussions going on over here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

~ LeAto

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
someone sent me this by U2U.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

tie that in with what I was saying about TOPIGS, another Dutch company.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

quit trolling your kind have been ruining the nets for years.

Having the opposite opinion to you is not defined as trolling, some may, and indeed in time will, class it as the antithesis of trolling.

Which makes you?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

The problem as I see it is that people are preprgrammed to respond to certain triggers whether they appreciate it or not.

Sadly, if you put your disagreement with my comments aside & deeply analyse your own thoughts, then you'll realise that you are enjoying this, it is exciting, and makes you feel warm & fuzzy in your pants, like you are

Sadly for both you & him the fact remains that ZERO PERCENT of infectees outside of Mexico are dead, which strongly vindicates me, whilst casting you & him into La-La land.

Having the opposite opinion to you is not defined as trolling, some may, and indeed in time will, class it as the antithesis of trolling.

Which makes you?

you are being a troll not the anti-troll.

im sorry i missed the part where someone called you a laymen and ignorant. i dont agree with that and i believe it to be the reason you started biting everyones ankles in this thread like a little pissed off chiuaua.

why attack irish girl? she didnt say such things about you? if you have a problem with a member take it up with them dont take it out on someone else.

i thought you were being a decent contributor to this thread even if your opinions were different from most but to throw a little fit because someone threw an unwarranted insult at you is asinine and gives you no reason to start hating on everyone.

now you are simply distracting from this thread instead of putting your side out there.

once again ill say i missed the part where someone called you ignorant and i dont agree with it, but its no reason to hate on people like irish girl who said not one thing to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join