It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving the Swine Flu

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
drphilxr

One of my friends is designated as a helper for the medical system. Direct traffic, calm the herd, etc.

In all the scenarios I hear of from people in the med system, the people who are most likely to die of these viruses that hit the 25-50 year old population of healthy adults.....they are NOT the pirority patients.

So, the people most likely to die in a pandemic with these viruses that kill healthy adults primarily are also the people least likely to be treated first.

THIS is why we prepare for things in my family. I have a husband who looks big and strong and healthy. And he's got wet asthma. So in the cases of a flu that hits healthy adults, he's quite likely to not be treated in a timely manner AND he's got predisposing issues that make him more likely to die.

The people I've chatted with who are in the system just nod saddly at me when I say that and confirm he will not be a priority patient.

I am all for the system doing what needs to be done that they can. I'll still be keep in an eye on things myself.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Stuff that targets secondary infections -

oil of oregano, olive leaf extract, garlic.

Stuff that alkalanizes -

Spirulina, apple cider vinegar, chlorella.
(edit: looks like Spirulina is a bad idea because it also excites.)

Stuff that helps your body without exciting your immune system -

Vitamin C, CoQ10, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin K2 (factor X).

Stuff that deals with inflammation -

grape seed extract.

Stuff that deals with inflammation AND mucus/fluid build up -

Serrapeptase.

[edit on 2009/4/25 by Aeons]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Opinion.

Do NOT Take Any Vaccines.

No, I don't think the gubbmint is using a pandemic hoax to corral the population and inject us with experimental HIV mutations or Mark of the Beast nanites or any of that other conspiracy ca-ca.

The reason I object is because vaccines allow the weakest of our species to survive, when, following natural law, the weakest should be allowed to die off, thus strengthening the herd.

At present, our total human population is so vastly over-inflated that we are threatening ourselves with extinction, through our extraordinary consumption and abuse of natural resources, and through our exponentially increased territorial aggression.

The Human species — being fairly large omnivore primates — was never meant to reach a global population in the multiple billions. Before the advent of immunization technology in just the last 200 years, the total Human population of the Earth numbered only in the hundreds of millions. After the introduction of reliable immunization technology, the Human population virtually exploded, driving our numbers into the billions in a single century.

Something is wrong with this. We're throwing off the ecological cycles of the entire planet, threatening other species with extinction, possibly affecting the Earth's climate with our by-products, and subjecting ourselves to a world of neurotic turmoil as we strive to rewrite the rules of society to appease every malcontent individual on the planet.

Which will never happen.

What we need — what this whole planet needs — is a corrective "event" to drastically reduce the Human population. Historically, disease held our numbers in check. At one time, a good plague could be counted upon to wipe out a third of the known human population (in Europe, for example). First contact of foreign cultures used to be a good way to wipe out one population or the other, also, either through the spread of alien contagions or through sheer territorial aggression.

But the advance of the medical sciences seriously skewed the natural equation. We now live longer (for no apparent useful reason) and we enable the weakest among us to not only survive, but to breed and to further dilute the Human gene pool with inborn weaknesses, both physical and mental.

Does it seem to you as though there are a lot more "crazy" people in the world today? That's because there are. The Human blueprint is breaking down, we're becoming a less capable species.

Frankly, our Science has filled the planet to brimming with people who, in a stable ecosystem, should not be here. Vaccine technology carries the great bulk of the blame, but we shouldn't forget to indict the mindset that insists every human life is precious and deserves all the help we can provide.

NO. That's WRONG. Every human life is not an asset. If we value the continued survival of our species, then we must finally acknowledge and embrace the fact that quantity does not trump quality. If we seek an ideal quality of Life, then we must necessarily be prepared to let go of our grossly expanding numbers.

Because there's no way in hell we're going to deliver an ideal quality of Life to our present burgeoning 6 Billion+ human population. Won't happen in this lifetime or the next or the next. Won't happen ever.

What solution do I propose? Not one that will be either popular or politically correct. Political correctness is a luxury we can no longer afford, and popularity contests are for brainless teenagers.

Shut down for five years.

Shut. Down. For. Five. Years.

By that I mean America should retreat into isolationism, shut down all food, pharmaceutical and technology exports, sever all diplomatic ties, and allow all other nations to fend for themselves. For 5 years.

Of course, such extraordinary action would plunge most of the world into anarchy. Chaos. As much as the rest of the planet may hate to admit it, the USA is THE provider of food, medicine, and essential technologies upon which the others are utterly dependent. Take away the American breadbasket, medicine cabinet, and toolbelt, and the rest of the world will wither like a severed vine.

What will the world do? Mount an assault to seize our natural resources? The ensuing collision of invading forces, the combined U.S. Military, and some 80 Million American citizens armed with 280 Million privately-owned firearms would be a holocaust to make the Holocaust seem like a tea party. Regardless of who "won" (whatever that means), the death toll would number in the millions, America's infrastructure would be demolished, our capacity for provisioning the world would be crippled for at least 5 years, which would bring us right back to the very reason for the whole mess...

Shut. Down. For. Five. Years.

So... The world can either play along with our scheme to save the species, or they can try to overthrow us and impose the exact same result upon themselves, yes?

I'm guessing they'll just hunker down and suffer through.

Certainly, the most impoverished Third World cultures would begin dying off within weeks of ShutDown. In the first year, starvation and disease will quite naturally consume great swaths of humanity across Africa, Asia, South America, Central America. It's only reasonable to assume that there will transpire a thousand mini-wars and border skirmishes, a great deal of genocide, blackmarket traffic in food and medicine, escalated piracy, et cetera, et cetera.

But, without the USA feeding and caring for everyone, they won't be able to sustain the global conflict for 5 whole years. Things will quite naturally settle down to a few hoarse, barking voices...and then silence.

By the end of the 5-year moratorium, the face of the world will be very, very different — I'm guessing that, through our deliberate inaction, we may have assisted Nature to the tune of 2/3 of the human population. About 4 Billion fewer mouths to feed, 4 Billion fewer demands for political recognition and equality, 4 Billion fewer useless gutbags farting up the atmosphere. The remainder of Humanity will then spread out to populate and assume control of the "recently vacated" properties all around the globe.

Demands on natural resources cut by 2/3. Carbon emissions profoundly reduced. Drastically fewer international conflicts. New appreciation for Life worldwide, et cetera. More than anything, we'll see some semblance or Natural Order restored, with the strongest moving on as the weakest fall aside.

Sure, I know it's a horrible solution for the faint-of-heart out there, because the faint-of-heart are precisely the target of this exercise. But, if we're serious about Human survival, then we'd better grow some gonads and start taking pandemics on the chin, allowing Swine Flues and Avian Flues and all the other no-see-ums to do their jobs in the Natural Order, without the shortsighted intervention of vaccine-toting Scientists promising to extend our lives, offering quantity where there is no quality.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 4/25/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
This outbreak of Swine Flu is getting ready to explode. High School in San Antonio, being shut down with like 90 students infected, Mexico now New York... Shippng and tavel are getting ready to be effected. This has all the earmarks of a world wide epidemic. Containment Camps anyone? WHO, FEMA, CDC, the're all gearing up. This is what we've been talking about and sensing that was right around the corner.
Person to Person spreading of this Flu scary

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
I just posted a thread where I link articles which show very high dose vitamin-c can ward off all flu viruses including the avian flu. Many people have been treated with very high-dose ascorbic acid for illnesses since the 1930's!

Check it out..

You should not mislead people if this thread is serious. Vitamin C will not protect you against a Virus. Any dose over what your body uses you flush down the toilet with your urine. Only dishonest vitamin and health food companies continue to spread these myths. Vitamins are a good thing but anything more than your body can use is money in some crooks pocket.

In fact mega-doses of vitamins can cause medical problems. I watched a close friend nearly kill himself taking huge doses. Finally a doctor realized he had fell for a confidence game by a vitamin company. In one week he was back to normal. He had poisoned himself by taking huge overdoses of vitamins from a phony Body Building outfit.

My same friend who always fell for this stuff, took so much beta-carotene he turned orange for a month

Trust your MD, not the confidence games pulled by the crooks who produce supplements and health products. A good brand of multivitamin is all anyone needs. Those who spend large amounts of money on unecessary suplements and health food products are victims of one of the most dishonest enterprises in all of the business world. Snake Oil Salesman.

Most of the supplements are an innert item like a common plant stuffed into a capsule and sold at a profit of thousands of percent. The manufacturer knows they are placebo's, that why I hate them.

On topic -

I caught the Swine Flu in the 1976 outbreak. It killed two of my Mothers friends who did not get the vaccine and my Mother lived because she did get it. She had a bad heart which put her in the front of the line.

It was odd in that it would hit one member in a family and not anyone else around them. It was not like other Flu's that nail everyone exposed who did not get a Flu shot. People over 60 like my Mothers Friends died. She lost her two best friends in one week. Thank God she got the vaccine in time.

I was a very fit young man and I almost died. 105 fever for days. I got so weak I could not stand without help.

What I'm wondering is if I'm now immune or if each new strain of Swine Flu is a new ballgame?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I hope I don't get in trouble for posting this.....
but I swear by this stuff! I am not a doctor and I have no idea if it would help someone in a pandemic..but anything you can do to build up your immune system can only help.
It's made from ingredients from Native American Indians and what the ancient Egyptians used.
www.rumormillnews.com...

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Wideawake08]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Over Population, and the depletion of all other species is one of the saddest moments in our human history. We are living and antagonizing the sixth mass extinction in this planets long lived history. The Holocene extinction is a mass extinction event and it is happening now.

We don't do what is responsible to take care of the planet and our emerging population, so we will pay the ultimate price, whether through ecological collapse, war or famine, we will see a historic depopulation of the planet based on lack of sustainability alone.

Ecological collapse is a very real threat with how we are changing the atmosphere, oceans and depleting millions of acres of natural forests in place of mass farms for what ever commodity they produce.

I don't want to encourage depopulation, but the fact of the matter is, there will be an apex, a tipping point where systems simply cannot sustain impossible numbers of humans.

We live in a world that does find a way to correct itself.

Without nature doing this job, there are ample people in power that want to curb the global population and may very well hatch the next SitX that will achieve just that.

That SitX could be right now.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
as others have said, eat well, rest well, avoid crowds, wash your hands. most things you should do on normal days anyway. viruses can linger for weeks on surfaces that someone sneezed on. other than that make sure you have a good doctor that can prescribe tamiflu if needed along with antibiotics for the secondary infections. that's what i took when i got the flu a few years back and i got better in 2 days (but still finished the whole 10 days of treatment).

this is also the perfect time to get life insurance for yourself and family. it's the perfect way to stick it to the system even when you die
think about it - millions of insured people who realize the risk (die!) within a short time frame. that's better than tea protests because those were voluntary but death not so much

EDIT to add disclaimer: parts of my post are meant to be sarcastic... no flaming please...

[edit on 25-4-2009 by DarkSecret]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Here is the solution for VIRUS based deceases.

"Will MMS cure cancer or any other deadly diseases?
Watch this recent interview with “Mr. MMS” Jim Humble!
Spend some quality time and watch this 75min interview right now."

MMS

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Kukulcangod]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
It is also very interesting to note that the virus started in Mexico. Because Mexico is considered a 3rd world country, the leaders or the Illuminati decided to test it on these poor people. How is it that these sort of viruses always start in some 3rd world countries where there are people that are less important to the sustenance of the earth? Like where there aren't a lot of economic stimulus going on? Places such as India, China and various other crap places? Are they testing it on them to see if it works so it can be spread else where?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
[edit on 4/25/0909 by Iwasneverhere]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Prtoecting yourself is petty straight foreward:

Have a stock of food avalible to last a while (In a full on outbreak, limiting your contact to others is the best possible defence) so you do not have to leave home.

If you are out shopping steer clear of anybody that is hacking or coughing away. I will change lines if the person is coughing around me.

Also if shopping use an antiseptic towlett to clean the handle. The number of contageons on those are staggering

Wash, wash, wash, wash, wash and wash your hands. Carry portable sanitzer when you are mobile. Use soap and water at home. Was for a minimum of 30 seconds not the usual wet and dry most people do.

THose are basic items. For advanced stuff like N-95 masks etc, there are quite a few threads about that.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
stock up on
vit C
hydrogen peroxide 3% food grade
coloidal silver water
apple cider vinigar

try & avoid public transport & humans for a while.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Guys and gals.

Quit freaking out. You are overcome with cancer cells everyday of your life and if you don't have it right now, then it means your immune system is working properly. If you will quit eating "crap" and start eating the right foods, you will not have to worry about the headlines telling you a "virus" is coming your way.

Whatever you do, DECLINE any offer for ANY kind of vaccine. That is the way that it is spread. They inject the virus into you so your immune system can build up a resistance to it. If you are marginally healthy, you won't get it. Don't believe me? Call your local vet and ask them what they inject into your dog to stave off rabies. They inject the rabies VIRUS....DUH!!!!!

This comes from a survivor so I know what I am talking about.

Check out....www.livingfoodsinstitute.com

People come from all over the world to this place and are totally "cured" of their diseases in 2 weeks...including cancer and HIV.

Check it out and be safe. Turn off the TV and it will do wonders for your immune system.

peace

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Sun kills microbes. Use it, open the windows if possible

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I got the flu about a month and a half ago and was hospitalized for two days. I also have asthma. I caught the flu when I was visiting, my mother who has three cats! My asthma rarely acts up but put me in a house that cats roam freely and forbid I have to stay the night.

Anyways my point is I was prescribed Tamiflu. My family doctor came to visit me while in the hospital and told me he had just read a report put out by the CDC stating how Tamiflu is about 90% ineffective! I'm not sure if the Tamiflu really helped me, it is supposed to cut back on the duration and intensity. I've never had the flu before, not once. So who knows? Also Tamiflu cost's about $100 without insurance.

Has anyone else read this? that Tamiflu is highly ineffective? I am sorry but I do not have a link. I will do some searching and post my results. I may have to ask my doc where he read the report.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Very true. Whenever I have an asthma attack I usually go straight back into the hospital and get put in my own room and have nurses and doctors surrounding me. Unfortunately I am usually stumbling in and are about to pass out from lack of oxygen and can hardly mutter a few words and feel like I'm about ready to die.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by theonlyrusty

My friend: I eat no sugar,wheat,dairy,or meats...mostly fresh veggies,fruits,beans.I am in excellent physical condition,work out 12-15 hours a week and teach fitness.
I also suffer from and maintain control over severe asthma because of the "lifestyle" choices regarding my health I make everyday.

I fear that your rather self-serving attitude that "watching less TV and visiting a website" you wish to promote is a bit mis-placed to to the potential severity of this rapidly-spreading virus.

No amount of veggies and PBS is going to avert this flu if it continues to spead,particularly to those among us who walk on eggshells much of the time anyways.

I do not mean to be rude,it just amazes me how many choose to perpetrate their own agenda rather than contribute to facts and info people can use to protect and prepare themselves.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

CDC: Tamiflu Ineffective This Flu Season

Government health officials said Friday that a leading flu medicine, Tamiflu, might not work against all cases of the flu this year. The most common flu bug right now is overwhelmingly resistant to Tamiflu, they said.

Link to Article

Has this new strain of Flu been tested? What is the effectiveness of Tamiflu against this strain if any?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The problem with the pandemic form of flu is that it triggers a healthy immune system to attack the victim's own body. This is what causes most of the deaths, and it's why pandemic flu hits young, healthy people the hardest. They've got the strongest immune systems.

I recommend reading about the Great Influenza Pandemic. It will give you some clue as to the problems encountered. Briefly, medical resources were almost immediately overwhelmed, both by the sheer numbers of people coming to the hospital, and the devastation among the doctors and nurses.

If a pandemic hits now, we won't do much better. We don't have enough beds in the hospitals to treat more than a tiny fraction of the likely flu victims. Although we have the technology to treat this flu more effectively now, that will be overwhelmed quickly. People who make it to the hospital and an ICU will likely survive. But most people won't make it that far. They won't be able to get in, and they'll wind up dying at home or in the streets.

Depending on the numbers infected and the level of panic, essential services may be interrrupted or seriously hampered. Police, fire, and ambulances may not be available. It is conceivable that utilities may be affected. Public transportation will likely be stopped; at any rate, it would be dangerous to use.

As far as I know, masks aren't particularly effective in preventing the flu. Maybe they help some, but in general if you can breath easily through the mask, dust particles are getting through it.

Handwashing is a vital part in prevention. People sneeze or cough, covering their mouths with their hands. Then they touch something - rails, doorknobs, etc. Someone else comes along and picks up the viruses. Washing hands frequently, even using alcohol wipes, will help avoid some of that.

You should, however, gather together enough stuff to help you survive a bout of flu at home. You can't count on getting into the hospital. Maybe you will. In that case, you don't need to use the stuff. But if you can't get in, chances are the stuff you need could be in short supply. You'll need plenty of drinking water, at least a week's worth. The water supply may never be affected, but again - if it is, you probably won't be able to buy water anywhere. You'll need some sort of nutritious stuff that won't spoil. I recommend something like "Ensure". It's easy to digest and will help you from getting too weak. Also medicines to make you comfortable - aspirin, other anti-inflammatories, flu remedies, etc.

If this pandemic comes, I will likely try to get a vaccination. Really, you have to balance the harm done by vaccines, against the harm done by the flu. Most of the time, it's not worth it. The flu is unpleasant, but you survive. However, if it's killing lots of people, it makes sense to try to get immunized. Just my own personal take on that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join