It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

Star 4 U !

Good work! I was trying to find similar articles last night, but, alas, fell out with the Re-Gen blues

US, Nevada: CDC confirms four new cases of influenza A (H1N1) in Clark and Washoe counties #swineflu4 minutes ago from web

Oklahoma health officials confirm first swine flu case in state
www.tulsaworld.com...

Mexico: WHO Confirms Three Additional Fatal Cases of Influenza A (H1N1); Total Number of Confirmed Deaths Reaches 29 #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

[edit on 5/5/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This from the Texas Dept. of State Health Services

DSHS officials said even those with influenza – H1N1 flu or seasonal flu – generally do not need emergency treatment. Most low-risk people can be safely treated at home with appropriate fluid intake, fever-reducing medication, rest and careful monitoring. However, emergency treatment would be appropriate for anyone with one of the following symptoms:

Difficulty breathing
Dehydration symptoms (such as dizziness when standing, absence of urination, or in infants, a lack of tears when they cry)
Pain or pressure in the chest or abdomen
Purple or blue discoloration of the lips
Unexplained confusion, unresponsiveness, sudden dizziness or seizures
Severe or persistent vomiting.

Correct me if I'm wrong here...If I wait until I am experiencing ANY of the above, then go to an ER and wait another 4 hours to be triaged and seen by a doctor, chances are that the only thing they could do for me would be put me on a ventilator and IV or cover me with a sheet! I don't really think an antiviral that has to be administered within 48 hours of onset of symptoms is gonna help!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

Heh...I think a lot here have came to the same conclusion

Stop the spread of germs. Cover your nose & mouth w/a tissue when you cough or sneeze. bitly.com... #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

No swine flu cases locally
www.santacruzsentinel.com...

First two cases of swine flu confirmed in Clark County
www.lvrj.com...

kermitrocks: apparently it is true. And my daughter goes to church with this girl. www.newsok.com... #OKswineflu #H1N1
2 minutes ago from web

bestswineflu: @rothsothy Hah! Check out this article about the 4 Weak Spots of Swine Flu Zombies: digg.com...
less than 10 seconds ago from Tweetie

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
ahrcanum.wordpress.com...
intersting blog may get you on a tangent but may be interesting to skim

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by itappearsthatway

Star 4 U !

Most know about Baxters actions in helping to create this mess...nice follow-up!

Oh boy...just what we needed to hear

Asian Flu Fixes
Governments are showing they learned from SARS.
online.wsj.com...

The A/H1N1 virus, also known as swine flu, has arrived in Asia, with Hong Kong and South Korea confirming their first cases last week. This was inevitable in the jet age. What matters now is how governments react.
More at Link...

JessicaONN: 5 Confirmed cases of H1N1 in Ohio.
less than a minute ago from web

Swine Flu School Closures
www.valleycentral.com...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Hx3 you have been steady as a rock posting new information..........I can tell by the posters here and on the other "bacon" thread that members must be starting to feel at ease due to the lack of posting because of little or no news in the media........

For me its like the quiet and stillness before the storm.........There have been so many posters claiming this, that and another..........Hell, I am one of them.............I discussed at lunch with my wife about some of the info gathered from here and what we should do............So many are completely unaware and think this will just blow away........and it still may........But the information that I have gathered and see posted here from you and many others tells a different story.........

Keep up the good work.......not sure if you have quick leads of national guard or military deployment in the states.........but since it seems many bases are on alert.......monitoring movement will be a sign of something which I think will be a bad sign........

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Star 4 U !

There IS news...just have to go get it and post it
MSM isn't just going to "hand" it to us it seems...Hmmm...

We've been TRYING to find movements, but, as you know well, very hard to find much
I'll keep my Nasal Implants to the Circular sharping instrument

Swine Flu Stigma Hurts US Hog Farmers - Voice of America: CBS NewsSwine Flu Stigma Hurts US Hog FarmersVoice of .. /c82q3sless than a minute ago from twitterfeed

Developments on swine flu worldwide - guardian.co.uk: The AgeDevelopments on swine flu worldwideguardian.co.uk,&.. /d8lsw9less than a minute ago from twitterfeed

Mexico: 20 Additional Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Total Number of Confirmed Cases Reaches 886: Date: May 05, 2009 19:00 UT..3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Nevada: CDC Confirms Four Additional Cases of Influenza A (H1N1), Five Total in State: Date: May 05, 2009 18:46 UTC Risk: Low Local m..3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Aosta: One 24-Year-Old Female Suspected with Influenza A (H1N1) Hospitalized After Traveling to London and Paris: Date: May 05, 2009 ..3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Washington: CDC Confirms Nine Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Statewide: Date: May 05, 2009 18:28 UTC Risk: Low Local media report that t..3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Castille-La Mancha: One New Confirmed Influenza A (H1N1) Case Reported; Cumulative Total Reaches 73 Cases Nationwide: Date: May 05, 2..3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Get ready for those lovely numbers to sky rocket A LOT MORE!
The fed ordered us to reopen the schools and the health secretary's team said there is no reason to close the schools anymore. They have one set to reopen tomarrow. The rest this week. They are telling parents to just keep sick kid's home. Yeah like that is going to work school here is like daycare so parent's can go and work! Can you say get them sick now so they hopefully build up an immunity to what is around the bend. I personally don' tthink they have had enough time to get to the bottom of this. It took the people in Mexico like two month's before they saw a fatality.

Feds Say No Need To Close Schools Due To Flu

U.S. health officials are no longer recommending that schools close because of swine flu.

The government last week advised schools to shut down for about two weeks if there were suspected cases of swine flu. Hundreds of schools around the country have followed that guidance and closed schools.

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said Tuesday that the swine flu virus had turned out to be milder than initially feared. She said that the government is changing its advice on closing schools.
cbs5.com...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
BearRiverHealth: 28 probable cases of Influenza A H1N1 (#swineflu) in Utah. No probables or confirmed in the Bear River Health District.
half a minute ago from web

Mexico: 20 Additional Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Total Number of Confirmed Cases Reaches 886. #swineflu #H1N12 minutes ago from web

Swine flu epidemic still spreading, says WHO
www.breakingnews.ie...

05/05/2009 - 20:25:38
The World Health Organisation began to ship 2.4 million treatments of anti-flu drugs to 72 needy countries today, and its flu chief said the swine flu epidemic was still spreading.

WHO flu chief Keiji Fukuda said new infections were among the 405 confirmed swine-flu cases reported to WHO in the last 24 hours.

“We are seeing testing of specimens that were collected from previous infections and then the laboratory work is catching up to it,” Fukuda said. “But we’re also seeing new infections occurring.”

“So, there’s both of these things going on simultaneously,” he told reporters.

The countries getting Tamiflu included Mexico, Afghanistan, Angola, Bhutan, Bolivia, Eritrea, Haiti, Moldova, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Uganda and Zimbabwe, among others.

The drugs are from a stock of five million treatments of Tamiflu that manufacturer Roche Holding donated in 2005 and 2006, WHO spokeswoman Fadela Chaib said.

They were being shipped from Geneva and Basel in Switzerland, Maryland in the United States, and Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.

The global body says there were now 1,490 cases and 30 confirmed deaths from the swine flu epidemic. Of those, 822 cases and 29 deaths were in Mexico; the US had 403 cases and one death; Canada had 140 cases, Spain 57, Britain 27, Germany nine, New Zealand six and Italy five. Israel and France had four cases each, Korea and El Salvador had two each, and Austria, Hong Kong, Costa Rica, Colombia, Denmark, Ireland, the Netherlands, Portugal and Switzerland had one case each.

Most of the people infected with the so-called A/H1N1 virus were young people in their mid-20s, Fukuda said, and most had been travelling to Mexico, the hardest-hit country.
More at Link...

Probable swine flu case at Newton's Oak Hill Middle School
www.wickedlocal.com...

Swine flu found in Oklahoma
www.newsok.com...

Thai schoolgirl fearful after outbreak in Mexico
www.nationmultimedia.com...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
CDC Says Swine Flu Cases Likely to Grow in Coming Days
www.washingtonpost.com...

CitytvNews: BC's now has 46 confirmed cases of H1N1 influenza.
2 minutes ago from web

H1N1 virus (swine flu)
www.kingcounty.gov...

New 2009 Influenza A H1N1 Strain in the US
azdhs.gov...

LadyNightowl: @Mindy6197 We have three confirmed cases of swine flu, er H1N1, right here in the city I live in. Schools closed etc. WAY too close to home!
1 minute ago from web

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I hate doing this. I have some friend of a friend information for you guys. I know a few days ago we heard that the Army was going to be deployed domestically on Wednesday. I spoke to my husband about this and it prompted a call to his sister in the Army. We don't have a confirmation from her, but, he just called from work to tell me a very similar story from a coworker. The coworker's niece is in the Army and called him last night. I'm going to try to put it in conversation form for you guys, so you can make up your own mind.

(niece)It looks like I'll be seeing you in a few days.
(coworker)Are you getting some leave time?
(niece)No [pause] Deployment.
(coworker)Deployed? Where?
(niece)[pause] Near home.
(coworker)Why would you be deployed to Texas?
(niece)Not just me, my whole unit.

I have absolutely no proof that this conversation ever happened. I can only say that this is what my husband told me. He was alarmed enough by the simillarities to call me from work. If anyone has information backing this up, please post.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

“We are seeing testing of specimens that were collected from previous infections and then the laboratory work is catching up to it,” Fukuda said. “But we’re also seeing new infections occurring.”

Maybe I should steer our local health people over to this report out of WHO! They just don't get it and as of 9am this morning California has been turned into one giant lab rat. It seem's so odd that his thing went from shut down the school's alot of kids are really sick to just let it go and reopen everything. It make's no sense to me can't wrap my head around it. There are still hundred's of sick kid's all over the place where I am and now we are being told not to worry just keep them home. I have yet to see that work in ANY state.
I plan on moving as far out of town as possible and only coming in for groceries once every two weeks till this thing is over and done with

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
AP: State health officials have confirmed the first death of a Texas resident with swine flu. 6 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
And here we go....

AP: State health officials have confirmed the first death of a Texas resident with swine flu. 1 minute ago from web

The Texas Department of State Health Services said she died earlier this week. 3 minutes ago from TweetDeck

The woman lived in Cameron County, along the U.S.-Mexico border, and had other, chronic health conditions. 3 minutes ago from TweetDeck

A chartered flight has departed Hong Kong for Mexico City after picking up Mexicans who were quarantined across China.5 minutes ago from TweetDeck

Swine Flu Ontario's swine flu count rises - Toronto Sun: Times OnlineOntario's swine flu count .. /ce93544 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Swine Flu Developments on swine flu worldwide - guardian.co.uk: BBC NewsDevelopments on swine flu world.. /cj3te24 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Swine Flu Alberta girl recovering from swine flu symptoms - Globe and Mail: Straits TimesAlberta girl r.. /ch47v84 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Swine Flu Ottawa's first swine flu case confirmed - Metro Canada - Ottawa: MyFox DetroitOttawa'.. /c59we74 minutes ago from twitterfeed

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

I read your post which made me pick up the phone and call a friend who has many relatives in the military..........My friend said did you just see what is flying over outside??? A military helicopter and if flew around the town for about 5 minutes she said and then headed east..........

There are no nearby bases and we never get military helicopters flying around our small town.........We are in the SW corner of Missouri, population around 45k, but a huge medical community because we serve a very rual area of KS, Okla, AR and MO..........Yes we have two medical helicopters at the hospitals but this helicopter did not land nor did it have the red cross on the side.............

I thought it was worth posting..........No news yet on her relatives......

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

First swine flu death of U.S. resident in Texas
www.ksby.com...

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Reported by: CHRISTOPHER SHERMAN, Associated Press Writer

McALLEN, Texas (AP)

Texas health officials have confirmed the first death of a United States resident with swine flu.

Few details have been released, but officials say the flu victim was a woman who lived in Cameron County, along the U.S.-Mexico border, and had other, chronic health problems.

The Texas Department of State Health Services said Tuesday that she died earlier this week.

Last week, a boy from Mexico City died at a Houston hospital, marking the first swine flu death in the United States.

Mexico, Tabasco: Two Additional Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Total Reaches Six Confirmed Cases in State #swinefluless than a minute ago from web

US, New Jersey: Health officials confirm new case of influenza A (H1N1) in Camden county; case had traveled to an affected state. #swineflu4 minutes ago from web

Read updated guidance on school (K-12) dismissal and childcare facilities: http://(link tracking not allowed)/9QDpN #swineflu10 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Now that you mention it, same happend here last week.
had a huge militairy cargo plane followed by 2 helicoptors, from what they said at work, they looked like apachie's ?sp?
Which is VERY odd for here. I had forgot about it until you posted. Sadly i didnt get to see it, flew over around 7pm, i was sleeping, had to work that night. No one realy saw or payed atention to where they went or what they were doing. People here are oblivious to most things... Loookkkk Sparkley....... easy to distract.

So we now have 2 confirmed reports of domestic deployment. I was surfing earlier looking on militiary message forums, but found nothing, realy didnt think i would but figured it was worth a shot. Hoping maby someone was posting about being activated, and get a idea of how many and where. But still looking.
Sure makes me a little nervous. Espicaly with WHO saying they were going to 6, then changing their mind, and silence...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Canadian News:

Ontario reported five new cases, one in Ottawa, one in Toronto and three others in the Toronto area to bring that province's total to 36.

The new cases in Alberta and Ontario bring to 147 the number of confirmed cases in Canada.

wtf that is almost more than mexico and the US

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Mexico, Chiapas: First Fatal Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed in State #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

I like Montana..........I think that may be a good place to be very soon!!

new topics

top topics

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join