It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 97
<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Anyone check out FluTracker on my signature lately?

US, North Carolina: State officials confirm 6 new cases of influenza A (H1N1) bringing the state total to 7. #swineflu #H1N1less than a minute ago from web

US, Hawaii: Three cases of influenza A (H1N1) confirmed in individuals associated with travel. #swineflu #H1N12 minutes ago from web

57-yr-old Worli man tests negative for H1N1 virus
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

Eagle’s Landing to reopen Thursday following swine flu case
www.ajc.com...

COHealth: Confirmed case of H1N1 Influenza A in an Aurora elementary school child. Here is what's important: the child is recovering at home.
half a minute ago from web

Costa Rica: Government confirms eight swine flu cases
www.goalert24.com...

jaystakelon: Omg I just saw my first person wearing a Swine Flu Mask in jfk airport, like the legitimate one from home depot!
half a minute ago from TwitterFon

IttyBittyMe: So um, there's this girl in my class (sitting right behind me) who keeps coughing and sniffling. She needs to get sprayed with lysol. H1N1!
less than 20 seconds ago from twidroid

[edit on 5/5/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Swine Flu Nova Scotia's swine flu total hits 48 - CBC.ca: Nova Scotia's swine flu total hits 48.. /cc8vzu4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Swine Flu Northern school infections boost BC swine flu count to 46 - CBC.ca: CBC.caNorthern school inf.. /c8d9w54 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Swine Flu Ontario's swine flu count rises - Edmonton Sun: CTV.caOntario's swine flu count rises.. /ddl8h74 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Story County: One Probable Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Detected; 29 Probable Cases Statewide: Date: May 05, 2009 21:50 UTC Risk: Mediu..2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Polk County: One Probable Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Detected; 29 Probable Cases Statewide: Date: May 05, 2009 21:50 UTC Risk: Medium..2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

University of Texas: One Probable Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Identified : Date: May 05, 2009 21:33 UTC Risk: Medium Local media repor..2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Hugo: One Probable Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Identified: Date: May 05, 2009 21:22 UTC Risk: Medium Local media report one probable c..2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Yucatan, Mexico: 1 confirmed case. Source: Pan American Health Organization Date: 5 May 2009, 17:00 GMT2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Campeche, Mexico: 1 confirmed case. Source: Pan American Health Organization Date: 5 May 2009, 17:00 GMT2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Morelos, Mexico: 8 confirmed cases. Source: Pan American Health Organization Date: 5 May 2009, 17:00 GMT2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Nuevo Leon, Mexico: 4 confirmed cases. Source: Pan American Health Organization Date: 5 May 2009, 17:00 GMT2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Sonaro, Mexico: 2 confirmed cases. Source: Pan American Health Organization Date: 5 May 2009, 17:00 GMT2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Hey all, just got back from the doc's so i haven't had a chance to catch up yet. My apologies if this has already been posted.

McALLEN, Texas – Texas health officials have confirmed the first death of a United States resident with swine flu.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Another OH BOY...

Qld dengue outbreak 'worst in 50 years'
www.skynews.com.au...

Mega farms to blame for current flu outbreak
wildsingaporenews.blogspot.com...

Critics question self-inspections for flu in pigs
www.kansascity.com...

The Path of a Pandemic
www.newsweek.com...

Hmmm...compared to
strange headline...
In Oregon, swine flu appears less deadly
www.clackamasreview.com...

drsigne: WHO investigating source of H1N1 - most likly a giant pig factory farm run by an American multinational corporation in Veracruz, Mexico.

kira_5601: my son not feelin good, lets hope its just a cold from the change of weather and not this swine flu please pray for us
less than 20 seconds ago from mobile web

Mazjooz: @Jartuk I'm hoping in 6 months that I can keep some of the money I earn
The Zombie apocalypse has already begun as part of swine flu

It never ends

Back Door:
gguidedirectory: Is swine flu something that the media are hyping up to detract from the apparent world economic doom that we are all supposedly facing???
less than 20 seconds ago from TwitterBerry

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Bank of England Carried Out Pandemic Flu Exercise in 2006, “With Eerie Prescience”
May 4th, 2009

Ahem...

With eerie prescience, the City tracked a pandemic using a 'bird flu' scenario in 2006 – leaving it better prepared for the effects of the swine flu outbreak.....
....The exercise, which began in November 2006, was masterminded by the Bank of England, the Financial Services Authority and the Treasury – the three authorities that monitor financial stability. It was condensed into six weeks, with firms sent updates as the crisis developed.

www.independent.co.uk...

[edit on 5-5-2009 by burntheships]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
One confirmed H1N1 case in Brown County
Wisconsin swine flu cases up to six
www.fox11online.com...

H1N1 Influenza (Swine Flu) Teton County Update: #3
www.tetonwyo.org...

PAHO Urges Southern Hemisphere to Remain Alert for Influenza A(H1N1)
new.paho.org...

Media Briefing: Influenza A (H1N1) - May 5, 2009
new.paho.org...

Second case of swine flu confirmed in Onslow
www.jdnews.com...

BrendanRoberson: @lizy_bird - I work in a hospital in MO where as far as i know there has been no swine flu here yet. but everyone with a runny nose shows up
less than a minute ago from web

paladine: FOX-Confirmed swine flu cases in the United States jumped Tuesday to 403 The CDC knows of 35 swine flu-related hospitalizations in the U.S.

dimeaglass: Feeling under the weather.. Allergies or the Swine Flu? Must be allergies, my nose hasn't turned into a snout yet!
less than 20 seconds ago from TwitterBerry

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

I had to click on that article, but it looks like just really poor wording for the title. I did find this in the article, though.

“As a rule, active treatment with an anti-viral drug reduces the symptoms 20-30 percent and reduces the length of the illness by maybe one day,” he said. “Its really minimal treatment benefit and we don’t necessarily recommend treating the average person or someone with mild swine flu with anti-viral medications. If you were severely ill or in a hospital we would consider treatment.”

If this is true, and all doctors are aware of this, it leads to the question: Why all the use of Tamiflu? Are the cases more severe than we are led to believe or is this antiviral being prescribed simply to assuage fears instead of treat the illness?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Hmmmmmmmmm dodgy

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

Ummm...both

Sound right?

Another "situation" here...BBIAF...keep up the good work posters/lurkers !!!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Wow, that sounded scary accurate. When I was done reading I got the impression that I had been reading headlines a year from now. It amazes me how many people with power were psychic enough to have these drills!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

Psychic or actually knew something like this was nigh?

I'm also surprsied that it was the Bank of Englands idea

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy

Hmmmmmmmmm dodgy

Yes just a bit eh? And how about this! Completely eerie!

Coral Cross: Pandemic Preparedness from the Hawaii Department of Health

In order to open a dialogue about Hawaii’s pandemic preparedness and allocation priorities, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is funding an alternate reality game starting in mid-May at CoralCross.org.

As part of a larger public engagement initiative that includes community meetings and a live TV panel, the Hawaii State Department of Heath has contracted with the Hawaii Research Center for Future Studies to produce Coral Cross, a “playable scenario” on the island of Oahu. According to Judy Kern at the Communications Office of the Hawaii State Department of Health, the goal of the ARG is to “help encourage public dialogue and elicit input for decision-makers on Hawaii’s pandemic priorities.”

www.argn.com...
coralcross.org...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by saratoga123

Why are more people not concerned?

Because far too many of them actually trust their government to tell them the truth and do what's in their best interest.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

Yeah like how could they do such a thing...reminds me to of 7/7.

Pardon if this has been posted...I do not recall seeing this...

DHS Sets Guidelines For Possible Swine Flu Quarantines

Federal quarantine authority is limited to diseases listed in presidential executive orders; President Bush added "novel" forms of influenza with the potential to create pandemics in Executive Order 13375. Anyone violating a quarantine order can be punished by a $250,000 fine and a one-year prison term.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Oregon: State Officials Confirm Four New Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) in State, Bringing State Total to 21.
5 minutes ago from web

US, Kentucky, Davies County: CDC Confirms State’s Second Case of Influenza A (H1N1)
9 minutes ago from web

twitter.com...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Geez! I just saw the mention of checking the flutracker website! Does it actually say 909 confirmed cases in the US??

Anyone seen the RSOE Pandemic Summary lately? The numbers are off per the CDC (what else is new) but they have suspected US cases at 1629 putting us 500 above even Mexico.

There are more quarentined than I recall hearing about, as well.

RSOE

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Cameoii]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cameoii
Geez! I just saw the mention of checking the flutracker website! Does it actually say 909 confirmed cases in the US??

Great addition to Hx3_1963's avatar! We thank you Hx3_1963

Pan American Health Organization (United Nations)
Press Release 05-05-2009

new.paho.org...

Canada, Nova Scotia: Ten Confirmed Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Identified; Provincial Case Count Rises to 48.
3 minutes ago from web

Canada, Toronto: One New Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed. #swineflu
twitter.com...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
time for this monkey to 'Re-Gen" gota get a few hours sleep before work, but at least its friday.
Keep up the great work.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
Okay the military helicopter just flew over my building and it looked like it landed at our small "very small airport" I am heading out to take pictures and see whats going on.............

Well it was a apachie helicopter.......It landed at the local airport for refueling...........The way the helicopter landed placed it about 75 yards from the fence where the circle drive goes by general aviation......All I had was my camera phone and I would have had to stop and get out of my car to take the picture......the pilots were standing by the door going into the general aviation office.......I chose to keep on rolling.....

I stopped at the other end of the complex and I received a call from my frined who informed me there was another one flying around........

An hour later I drove by and the one I saw was gone but another one had landed in a different area........

Not sure what this has to do with anything but I have never seen helicopters flying around here like this before.........

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The other day i posted that my granddaughter had a sore throat and stuffy nose. I gave her various teas, herbs etc and the next morning the sore throat was gone, just a stuffy nose. She first complained Saturday night so we kept her home yesterday to make sure that she didn't get worse or develope a fever.

Sent her to school today and told them she was taking allergy meds for her allergies so they wouldn't freak. Sure enough a couple of hours go by and they're calling to say come pick her up. "She can't come back to school without a doctor's note saying she's ok to return.

Anyway i've been going to the same doctor's office since i was a kid, took my sons there and now the grandkids, so we're on pretty friendly terms.

They didn't even test her for the flu. They took two throat cultures, but they were testing for strep throat, not the flu ! Doc said she is NOT testing ANYONE for the flu, all her tests are for strep throat
She says strep throat is going around and it's highly contagious.

So anyway i was talking to her and decided to pick her brain. I start telling her about how the grandkids were all sick with fevers for 2-3 days each bout a month and a half ago, and how i had run a high fever for about five days.

So i said " me personally i think this flu thing has been floatin around a lot longer than they've been tellin us about it" she looks at me shakes her head yes and says " And you'd be right".

Anyway just wanted to put the conversation with the doc out there, take from it what you wil.

Be back later, gotta go into the next county for my cigs.

new topics

top topics

<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join