It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 95
<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

So far, few cases up there, but, I believe I read Ark has NONE? so far...Hmmm

27 Confirmed Swine Flu Cases In UK, A Further 331 Under Laboratory Investigation
www.medicalnewstoday.com...

[edit on 5/5/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

That it may, very few people compared to a lot of places and a LOT of mountians with critters. I know of several places to hold out if needed, from a single cabin to a whole ghost town with many buildings. Sure they are govt owned, but hey push comes to shove *lol*

There are many lakes here that even most people from here have not even been to. Lots of hiking, but good places to bug out.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Texas Resident Dies Of New Swine Flu Strain
www.kwtx.com...

Krushowy: One confirmed case of H1N1 at both Christ the King SS in Georgetown and St. Joan of Arc HS in Barrie ... Barrie student already recovered
1 minute ago from web

McChris: just learned a UT student has been diagnosed with the Swine Flu! It's time to panic! #H1N1 #dieschweingrippe #masshysteria
1 minute ago from TwitterFox

All Maryland School's Reopening After H1N1 Scare
www.wusa9.com...

Novel Influenza A (H1N1) Virus
General Public Information
www.idph.state.ia.us...

US, Delaware: Health officials confirm a total of 33 influenza A (H1N1) cases statewide. #swineflu #H1N13 minutes ago from web

Tabasco: Two Additional Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Total Reaches Six Confirmed Cases: Date: May 05, 2009 20:03 UTC Risk: ..2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Moscow: Preliminary Testing Rules Out Influenza A (H1N1) in Family of Four; Family Discharged from Hospital : Date: May 05, 2009 19:5..2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Chiapas: First Fatal Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed: Date: May 05, 2009 19:47 UTC Risk: Medium Multiple national media sources ..2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

France: 32 Suspected Cases Of Influenza A (H1N1) Reported; Majority Of French Tourists In Mexico Return To France: Date: May 05, 2009..2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Bratislava: One Person Hospitalized for Suspected Influenza A (H1N1): Date: May 05, 2009 19:43 UTC Risk: Medium Zoznam Zdavotnickych ..2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
US, Georgia: State officials confirm two more cases of influenza A (H1N1) in Cobb and DeKalb counties; state total rises to 4. #swineflu9 minutes ago from web

benmcneely: RT @NBC17#H1N1 U/D: State Health Dept. reports 7 confirmed cases. 2-Onslow, 4-Craven -1Cateret. Wake Cty still remains a 'probable'.
less than a minute ago from web

holyfieldTV: RT @aysu: There are seven confirmed cases of #H1N1 flu in North Carolina... #wral
less than a minute ago from TweetDeck

Breaking News: There are seven confirmed cases of H1N1 flu in North Carolina, officials announced in an update Tuesday afternoon.
www.wral.com...

krqe_thespot: NM Dept. of Health: 24 probable cases of H1N1 flu in New Mexico. 3 Confirmed cases unchanged from yesterday.
less than 20 seconds ago from Netvibes

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Well all the reports that we are getting now confirm that the CDC is working the virus at a phase two level...........

Just think all these cases being reported must have at least a 3 to 5 day delay before informing the public and the deaths I don't think are being reported..........Just think where this virus may be really...........maybe that is why I have a military helicopter flying around today.............

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Have to jump out fer a few...keep us up here peoplez

US hogs mostly higher as flu fears abate
www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Before I start I am working on fixing the background !

Anyway here goes ,bear with me because it is relevant.I posted yesterday that I had to take my daughter to the local hospital to get her braces fixed,well we went against my better judgement.I have been to this hospital many times with my various children.It is in Truro in Cornwall.

A couple of years ago to combat all the infections on the wards they started putting bottles of Alcohol hand rub on the entrance to wards, on the front doors and anywhere else they could think of,since then they have always been there.

The last time we went was 3 weeks ago and all was normal,today because I was worried I thought 'Oh well if I do have to touch anytthing ,I will use the hand rub'.We walked towards the front doors and no hand rub,even though posters were everywhere about infections ,catch your sneezes,make sure you use hand rub, etc.

As we proceded through the hospital to get to the dentist clinic we did not see one bottle of hand rub even the metal containers they are kept in had been taken down.
I had to go into the toilet to just wash my hands as by the time we got to the clinic I had touched far too many doors!!
I asked a couple of people why this was and got 'ohhh,I don't know'.

I will be contacting the local health authority to find out why in such a time of contagious flu and ward infections whatever strain they may be, not even basic facilities were in place.
They were selling tiny little containers of antibacterial foam in the shop for nearly £4.00 though ,so if you want peace of mind and infection free hands you have to pay for it.!!!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
US, Georgia: State officials confirm two more cases of influenza A (H1N1) in Cobb and DeKalb counties; state total rises to 4.

Update on School (K – 12) and Childcare Facilities: Interim CDC Guidance in Response to Human Infections with the Novel Influenza A (H1N1) Virus
www.cdc.gov...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
A Little off topic, but a little not..

Obama unveils $63 billion global health initiative

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama on Tuesday announced a $63 billion, six-year health initiative to help people in the world's poorest countries, most of it to bolster existing programs. "We cannot simply confront individual preventable illnesses in isolation. The world is interconnected, and that demands an integrated approach to global health," Obama said in a statement. Obama will request the money in his budget for the 2010 fiscal year Obama will request the money in his budget for the 2010 fiscal year that begins on October 1. The White House has already released the main elements of that budget, but plans to offer greater details on Thursday.

www.reuters.com...

So, lets create a panic, get some measures passed and spend more money that the country wont have now or in 6 years.
I wonder if its all tied together. Convient that it comes up the same time as all this flu is going on.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by severdsoul]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by saratoga123

Absolutely! What in the world? There is a novel flu out break...and no hand sanitizer? Go get em!

Key Mental and Behavioral Health Issues Related to Social Distancing For State, Local, And Tribal Health Departments And Community Based Organizations
www.cdc.gov...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

www.reuters.com...

stay safe,

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Star 4 You!
Yes...as Hx3_1963 says..Front Door Back Door!

WHO Map of the Spread of the H1N1 virus published on May 05, 2009

whoterrance.vo.msecnd.net...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Okay ,no need to be sarcastic,I know it seems like a very small thing but for this hospital it was a big deal,I thought someone might have been interested.

What other preventative measures was I supposed to take apart from just not going,anything would have been better than nothing!

Sorry I bothered posting.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

www.reuters.com...

Hope this isn't off-thread, but
Maybe check this out for more details on severity in CA & OR:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

~

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Mexico tries to restart economy after flu shutdown
www.google.com...

Officials Confirm Second U.S. Swine Flu Death
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
AutumnFoster: 10 adults, 5 teens, 6 kids confirmed with H1N1 in Oregon. #swineflu
half a minute ago from twhirl

Veratect: Mexico, Guerrero: Five Additional Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Total Reaches Eight Confirmed Cases. #swineflu #H1N1
1 minute ago from web

Lyne_Robichaud: RT @swine_flu Number of confirmed H1N1 cases in Canada increases with 25 to 165 /cn7clw #H1N1 #swineflu
3 minutes ago from web

KW2P: First confirmed case of AH1N1 swine flu in Guatemala: maya-paradise.blogspot.com... #guatemala #flu #h1n1
3 minutes ago from web

nview: Five New Confirmed Cases Of H1N1 Flu Virus (Human Swine Flu) In Ontario http://(link tracking not allowed)/AZhTn
4 minutes ago from Tweetbots

WCNCalert: There are now 7 confirmed cases of H1N1 in NC. 4 cases in Craven County, 1 in Carteret, 2 in Onslow. No confirmed cases in Charlotte area.
5 minutes ago from TwitterFox

crazitalk: Rec'd word at work, as of yesterday the A/H1N1 virus has not been confirmed in WA, officials advise we all continue all our normal plans.
5 minutes ago from TwitterGadget

ronsimon: 6 More Swine Flu Cases Confirmed on LI: By Patrick Kelton Six more cases of H1N1 flu, commonly known as Swine fl.. /deun2t
6 minutes ago from twitterfeed

allencountyinfo: RT @ISDH_IDHS: The Indiana State Dept. of Health today reports 12 new confirmed cases of the H1N1 flu. Go to www.in.gov/flu for more info.
8 minutes ago from twhirl

kledy: Ontario's confirmed H1N1 cases rise to 36: Ontario's has five more confirmed H1N1 flu cases , bringing the provi.. /cpyf4m
9 minutes ago from twitterfeed

wvlt: CORRECTION: Knox Co. H1N1 'swine flu' case NOT confirmed by CDC -- Corrected info: www.volunteertv.com...
10 minutes ago from TwitterFox

twitter.com

I definately think we should be paying more attention to the Military side of this in the States. It seems like something shady going on, but not enough info to even make a guess at what it might be.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by saratoga123

I was not being sarcastic...And glad you posted! Sincerely!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This is all we need now, up to 500K people roughing it mostly in one spot to survive, lets hope the flu is not there... perfect breeding ground and mutating ground. Feel sorry for them, but scary none the less.

Pakistani villagers flee as peace deal crumbles Taliban move into key town; government says exodus could reach 500,000

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

Well are there any "good" links to watch for military deployment or movement?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
A Little off topic, but a little not..

Obama unveils $63 billion global health initiative

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama on Tuesday announced a $63 billion, six-year health initiative to help people in the world's poorest countries, most of it to bolster existing programs. "We cannot simply confront individual preventable illnesses in isolation. The world is interconnected, and that demands an integrated approach to global health," Obama said in a statement. Obama will request the money in his budget for the 2010 fiscal year Obama will request the money in his budget for the 2010 fiscal year that begins on October 1. The White House has already released the main elements of that budget, but plans to offer greater details on Thursday.

www.reuters.com...

So, lets create a panic, get some measures passed and spend more money that the country wont have now or in 6 years.
I wonder if its all tied together. Convient that it comes up the same time as all this flu is going on.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by severdsoul]

$63 BILLION!!! Unbelievable...off-topic, I think not. Thanks for sharing this tiny red-herring

~

new topics

top topics

<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join