It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 92
<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Influenza A(H1N1) - update 15
www.who.int...

5 May 2009 -- As of 06:00 GMT, 5 May 2009, 21 countries have officially reported 1124 cases of influenza A (H1N1) infection.

Mexico has reported 590 laboratory confirmed human cases of infection, including 25 deaths. The United States has reported 286 laboratory confirmed human cases, including one death.

The following countries have reported laboratory confirmed cases with no deaths - Austria (1), Canada (140), China, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (1), Costa Rica (1), Colombia (1), Denmark (1), El Salvador (2), France (4), Germany (8), Ireland (1), Israel (4), Italy (2), Netherlands (1), New Zealand (6), Portugal (1), Republic of Korea (1), Spain (54), Switzerland (1) and the United Kingdom (18).
More at Links...

Mexico-Swine fever leaves 81 dead
27/04/2009 01:41:23
www.farminguk.com...

MEXICO-SWINE FEVER

The outbreak of swine fever has killed more than 60 people in Mexico, prompting national panic amid fears of a global pandemic.
Tests show 68 people in the Central American state have died from a new strain of "pig flu", with over 1,000 more cases confirmed by Mexico’s Health Secretary Jose Angel Cordova.

Which is it now??? Hmmm...
...can't even get it right in their own story

Mexico outbreak traced to 'manure lagoons' at pig farm
April 28, 2009
www.timesonline.co.uk...

~
It is now known that there was a widespread outbreak of a powerful respiratory disease in the La Gloria area earlier this month, with some of the town’s residents falling ill in February. Health workers soon intervened, sealing off the town and spraying chemicals to kill the flies that were reportedly swarming through people’s homes.

~
According reports gathered on the website of James Wilson, a founding member of the Biosurveillance Indication and Warning Analysis Community (BIWAC), about 60 per cent of La Gloria’s 3,000-strong population have sought medical assistance since February.

~
“Residents claimed that three pediatric cases, all under two years of age, died from the outbreak,” wrote Mr Wilson. “However, officials stated that there was no direct link between the pediatric deaths and the outbreak; they said the three fatal cases were isolated and not related to each other.”

~
The number of cases will keep rising so we have to reinforce preventive measures,” he said, adding that in addition to the 149 deaths another 2,000 had been hospitalized with “grave pneumonia”, although at least half of that number had since made a full recovery.

At least half made a recovery? What about the other half? Hmmm...

Pig Flu Facts (Questions and Answers)
pigflu.com...

Hmmm...
Pigs on the Bourbeuse
www.smallmouth.org...

[edit on 5/5/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

hm I know...
I can't even determine weather it's the media who is blowing up numbers to spread a panic.. or the media hiding information to cover something up.

either way, something doesn't match up.

btw, over here in my part of Europe, this flu has totally disapeard out of our news so most people think it's over.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Hmmm...

Seems like they'd want it on the front page, with the May Day riots and all, to keep the masses locked in their bomb shelters...Oh well...bad plan...

Americans quarantined in China due to swine flu
www.usatoday.com...

China Quarantines 2 Americans Over Flu
Embassy Says 4 Were Held But 1 Couple Released, Plane Arrives To Collect 70 Quarantined Mexicans
www.cbsnews.com...

Mexico begins China flu airlift
news.bbc.co.uk...

Canadians quarantined in China over H1N1 worries
www.ctv.ca...

HK apologises for quarantine
www.straitstimes.com...

Swine flu closes London schools
news.bbc.co.uk...

breakingnews24: The new H1N1 swine flu virus has infected 286 people in 36 U.S. states and it is likely to spread to every state,
half a minute ago from web

tracydean: 1918 pandemic.. worst-case scenario...wiped out 40 million, started w/ a mild arrival of a new virus, now identified as H1N1, in the spring.
2 minutes ago from web

anakix: oo nga noh? hahaha RT @werebear: Men should be immune to swine flu since we're known to be insensitive pigs

half a minute ago from TweetDeck

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   

WHO flu tally hits 1,124 in 21 countries
www.reuters.com...

GENEVA (Reuters) - The World Health Organization (WHO) said on Tuesday 1,124 cases of the H1N1 flu infection have been officially confirmed in 21 countries worldwide.

The tally includes 590 people confirmed as having the new disease in Mexico, 25 of whom died. The United States has reported 286 laboratory-confirmed cases including one death, it said.

The United States, Canada and Spain accounted for most of the increase from previous tallies issued on Monday. Portugal has joined the ranks of affected countries with one human infection recorded.

Flu infections without fatalities have been confirmed in the following countries: Austria (1), Britain (18), Canada (140), Hong Kong, China region (1), Costa Rica (1), Colombia (1), Denmark (1), El Salvador (2), France (4), Germany (8), Ireland (1), Israel (4), Italy (2), Netherlands (1), New Zealand (6), Portugal (1), South Korea (1), Spain (54) and Switzerland (1).
More at Link...

Swine flu leaflets delivered in UK
45 mins ago
uk.news.yahoo.com...

To Thwart the Next Swine Flu, Better Testing of Animals Needed
www.time.com...

Tourism - Mexico's latest flu victim
news.bbc.co.uk...

fision: Not tweeted for a while - do we still have Swine Flu, is the economy still bad, is it grey outside? If the answer is yes, we're all still ok
half a minute ago from Tweetie

ninapavlova: swine flu has now reached dulwich...of all the places in london, this is seriously bad luck. time for the face mask i reckon...
less than 10 seconds ago from web

DavidWorsfold: No signs of swine flu panic in London. No surgical masks and the trains were still packed. The person who had flu on TV last night looked OK
1 minute ago from TweetDeck

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
UN General Assembly opens special meeting on A/H1N1 flu
english.people.com.cn...

Media Update On Health Response To Influenza A (H1N1) Threat
www.voxy.co.nz...

Swine flu epidemic? Not here! Most Mexicans outside capital area ignore health restrictions
health.taragana.net...

5th Case Of H1N1 Flu Suspected In MoCo
2 More Bay Area Schools Close Over Flu Concerns
www.ksbw.com...

Official: SKorea confirms 2nd case of swine flu
www.gmanews.tv...

Arkansas yet to see a case of swine flu
www.fox16.com...

Swine flu pales compared to other killer viruses: experts
www.abs-cbnnews.com...

Airport authority to buy 5 more thermal scanners
www.abs-cbnnews.com...

H1N1 flu roundup - May 5
health.asiaone.com...

Mexico City waits to reopen as officials calm H1N1 fears
updated 19 minutes ago
www.cnn.com...

Probable H1N1 flu case emerges in Allegheny County
bulletin.aarp.org...

Forest Grove School District closed Monday and Tuesday, Cornelius Elementary closes all week
examiner.com

JavierChua: Swine Flu is making everyone busy.. Been taking students' temperature every 4 hrs. Better take care of urself everyone

f1shnets: Exam in 5 hours. why must I get a horrible cold virus/achey/vomitting thing when swine flu is in the air? Just complicates matters. V sick.
less than a minute ago from TweetDeck

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
H1N1 flu: Two taken to quarantine
insidekerala.com...

Swine flu: five schools stay closed as nine more cases confirmed
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Canada records first serious H1N1 flu case. (New strain of H1N1 swine flew)
5 May, 2009, 4:38 am
investment-blog.net...

H1N1 could flourish in southern hemisphere winter
www.google.com...

degroose: one of my local schools is shut down today cos 5 pupils have swine flu. Pandemic coming to a venue near you.
less than a minute ago from twitterrific

motionforce: H1N1 - mainly mild cases reported worldwide but Pandemics are slippery entities - could flare again
3 minutes ago from web

monaco77: 3 children have swine flu in our local school. Getting into panicked mother mode !
half a minute ago from TwitterBerry

tpatt: Hoping I can make it through 5 international airport without getting swine flu!
less than 20 seconds ago from web

sucharith: First bird flu now swine flu...Which animal flu is next?

Another Post...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
(per ecoparity)

Back Door:
Ammo hard to find as gun owners stock up
www.cnn.com...

Economic downturn 'twice as bad as feared'
www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
#H1N1 case alert: Landkreis Harz, Germany: 1 confirmed case.Male, mexico travellerSource: MDR (english)12 minutes ago from twitterfeed

China Has First H1N1 (Swine Flu) Case
chineseculture.about.com...

Two NH schools to reopen after swine flu scare
www.wuaala.com...

Health Officials Begin to Ease Public Alerts About Swine Flu
www.nytimes.com...

H1N1 flu in Ontario spreads beyond Toronto area, cases almost double to 31
www.cp24.com...

2 Thais, one German quarantined as suspected A(H1N1) cases
www.thainewsportal.com...

State: 12 new probable swine flu cases
Mich. officials suggest schools shut for seven days if affected

www.lansingstatejournal.com...

CDC update on H1N1
4:59 am
aroundfortwayne.info...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I realize I'm a few hours behind the discussion, but here....

"This facility will make it possible to accelerate important scientific work to develop new vaccines, diagnostics and treatments for diseases like anthrax, plague, hemorrhagic fevers, typhus, West Nile fever, SARS, influenza and drug-resistant tuberculosis," he said.

National Biocontainment Lab - Galveston, TX

UTMB National Lab

Here is a list of other Bio Labs and their designation from Wiki. I'm sure that all of the other level 4 labs have the same stockpile of virus at their installations.

Wiki List

If you guys can remember there were alot of rumors floating around about damage to the facility on Galveston island, last year after hurricane Ike. All reports say that there was no breach, but who knows. Maybe something from there was washed out with the flood waters, and later became our beloved H1N1.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

VERY interesting throry indeed!!! If in fact a nasty cootie took a swim,it would fit into the "geographics" of apparently where the virus originated.
This would be something to watch/look into a bit more closely...I know people who are doing salvage and re-building up there and it's basically still a free for all at this point with little organization and lots of "easing" of rules.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Everything is bad now with the flu and crisis and such... so here's something for a little chuckle inbetween

I just post it here instead of making a new thread about it

enjoy

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

That was great, we could all use a little laugh during this

Thanks

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I wanted to post what I posted on the other swine flu forum.........I know many of you bounce back and fourth like I do........

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
I finally received news from my source at the CDC......Again I am only passing information as it was given to me........

Originally when this started I was told this virus could go through three phases......

We are now at phase two I was told. This is where the viuse is constantly mutating from person to person. We have all seen the media reports of human to pig exposure in Alberta.........but there is also a case in the U.S. that is being covered up (I was not told where).

I was informed that the CDC is looking at all animals (mamals) for they have seen human to pig and pig to human from this virus........The potential of this spreading to all mamals is a great concern..........

I was informed that this virus can live up to 24 hours without having a host........Now I know this contradicts some post here as far as only 30 minutes......

The first three days of infection the person is highly contagious.........The virus runs for about 7 days........and it has spread all across the U.S. and beyound..........

As far as vaccines are concerned.....I am still being told to stay away from any anti viral or vaccine that you will see here in the near future.....

Stocking up on antibodies for the secondary infections was recommended....as well as the other natural medicines already posted on this thread......

Universal percautions should be used and to stay away from large crowds and gatherings

I was told that this is far from being over.........

As far as phase three........we all know what that would mean.......so being prepared is the message here......

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Well our numbers are up in Illinois. Yesterday we had 9 confirmed cases in Illinois (5 in Chicago) and today we have 82 (34 in Chicago)

www.suntimes.com...

The Illinois Department of Public Health's website has a chart listing the amount of confirmed casses in each county.

www.idph.state.il.us...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Star 4 U !

This pretty much fit right into my earlier thoughts about what's to keep it confined to Pigs and Wild Geese/Chickens...great...

@ Cam: Notice that post about the B river? Dead pigs washing up? Hmmm...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
From the CDC 11:00 update:

Alabama 4
Arizona 17
California 49
Colorado 6
Connecticut 2
Delaware 20
Florida 5
Georgia 1
Idaho 1
Illinois 82
Indiana 3
Iowa 1
Kansas 2
Kentucky* 1
Louisiana 7
Maine 1
Maryland 4
Massachusetts 6
Michigan 2
Minnesota 1
Missouri 1
Nebraska 1
Nevada 1
New Hampshire 1
New Jersey 6
New Mexico 1
New York 90
North Carolina 1
Ohio 3
Oregon 15
Pennsylvania 1
Rhode Island 1
South Carolina 16
Tennessee 2
Texas 41 1
Utah 1
Virginia 3
Wisconsin 3

TOTAL 403

CDC

After reading your post, I'm wondering if the mutations are drastic enough that the virus is not identifiable by the current testing. If so, that would explain the "leveling off" that Mexico is experiencing. What began as H1N1 may be something totally different.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Good Day All !

Time to Re-cap before a full out again!

Bahamas: 20 Cases Test Negative for Influenza A (H1N1). #swineflu #H1N14 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

What B river and pigs washing up??? You mean I missed some report

I would like to see that reposted if someone can........

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Afghanistan's only pig quarantined in flu fear
www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I think this is the one:

Pigs on the B

Just read it and am going to a little research on local rivers for any dead swine washing up!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Good Day all!

Ok per requests...re-posted information on NorthCom buried in this thread.

Will NorthCom Take over in a flu pandemic

Most recently dated pdf document
Dated April 24, 2009
fhp.osd.mil...

US, Illinois: Health officials confirm a total of 82 influenza A (H1N1) cases statewide.
43 minutes ago from web

US, Nebraska: CDC confirms three new cases of influenza A (H1N1) in residents from Madison, Piece and Sarpy counties.
about 1 hour ago from web

Canada, Ottawa: Local Officials Confirm First Case of Influenza A (H1N1)

Guatemala: Minister of Health has confirmed the first influenza A (H1N1) case in the country.

United Kingdom, England: One Confirmed Case of Influenza A (H1N1) With Travel to Mexico; Total UK Case Count Rises to 28

Mexico: 60 Additional Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Total Number of Confirmed Cases Reaches 866
about 2 hours ago from web

Costa Rica: Ministry of Health Confirms a Total of Eight Influenza A (H1N1) Cases
about 2 hours ago from web

Just added us to the wefollow.com... twitter directory under:
about 2 hours ago from WeFollow US, Maine: CDC confirms first case of influenza A (H1N1) in state; identified in York County resident. #swineflu
about 3 hours ago from web

Mexico, Morelos: First Six Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed in State
about 3 hours ago from web Italy, Florence: One New Confirmed Case of Influenza A (H1N1); Total Number of Confirmed Cases Nationwide Reaches Five

US, Ohio: Two new influenza A (H1N1) cases confirmed in Holmes and Portage counties; state total rises to five

Mexico, Mexico State: One Additional Fatal Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Total Number of Confirmed Deaths Reaches Six

Mexico City: Four Additional Fatal Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Reported; Total Number of Confirmed Deaths Reaches 20
about 4 hours ago from web

Germany, Landkreis Harz: One New Confirmed Case of Influenza A(H1N1); National Confirmed Case Count Reaches Nine

Spain, Badajoz: One Confirmed Influenza A (H1N1) Case Reported; Recent Travel History to Mexico Noted

South Korea: Second influenza A (H1N1) case confirmed in a 44-year-old nun who had contact with the first confirmed case.
about 5 hours ago from web

new topics

top topics

<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join