It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 89
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

Thanks!

10 more prob. swine flu cases in WA; 45 total

www.examiner.com...

Flu virus's likely human-to-swine jump triggers concern
www.cidrap.umn.edu...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Emergence of H1N1 (Human Swine Flu) in Canada
blogs.ubc.ca...

Three in Lexington may have swine flu
www.wickedlocal.com...

RI changing criteria to test for H1N1
State will only test hospitalized people
www.wpri.com...

New Probable Case Of H1N1 Confirmed In NH
Officials: Teen Lives In Nashua, Attends School Out Of State
www.wmur.com...

H1N1 swine flu updates available on Public Health Web site
www.clark.wa.gov...

France's Sperian sees swine flu boost mask demand
www.reuters.com...

MeganKMTR: Harris/Eastside Elementary, Charlemagne, and Kelly MS are CLOSED on Tuesday as a precautionary measure after H1N1 case confirmed.
31 minutes ago from web

mickier: I just read a blog from a person who thinks the military deliberately tried to give Obama SWINE flu to get rid of him. CONSPIRACY THEORISTS! about 1 hour ago from TwitterFox

nateandlilysmom: n had 2 false positive tests- so our dr thought it was H1N1. whatever it is it is not fun so really hope we didn't pass it along.
30 minutes ago from web

[edit on 5/4/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
A Real nice page here...lots of info and updates...

News coverage of swine flu (H1N1 virus)
swine-flu.alltop.com...

More than 1,200 swine flu cases worldwide: WHO
'Level 6 does not mean that we are facing the end of the world:' WHO chief
www.cbc.ca...
Last Updated: Monday, May 4, 2009 | 6:51 PM ET

The number of confirmed cases of swine flu has risen to 1,200 in 20 countries, the World Health Organization said Monday, after UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon said the health agency has no immediate plans to raise its pandemic alert to the highest level.

Keiji Fukuda, the UN health agency's acting assistant director general, told reporters on Monday the WHO has concerns about the infection travelling to the southern hemisphere as that part of the world heads into the winter months, when influenza viruses usually occur.

The largest number of H1N1 flu cases reported are in North America, Fukuda said, while new cases being reported in Europe are related to travel. He said there is still no evidence of community-level spreading of the virus in Europe and Asia.

"We're not quite certain how this is going to evolve," Fukuda said during a video teleconference from Geneva. "There is always uncertainty about the evolution of a new disease as it spreads worldwide."
More at Link...

leylafayyaz: brett...if ur out there...i don't have ur number. I'm sick w swine flu from the smith's (will explain later). I can't make ur show!
31 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
US, New Mexico, Socorro County: CDC Confirms Two Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) #swineflu1 minute ago from web

Heading to the Epicenter of the H1N1 Flu Virus
www.pbs.org...

45 probable cases of swine flu in WA State. 10 more cases were added to the state tally today.about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck

@jasonkamb Test results are sent to CDC and take a few days to be confirmed. 95 percent of "probable" cases sent to CDC test positive.about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck in reply to jasonkamb

wlns: State recommends "flu schools" close for a week. More on that and other suggestions for schools and parents at www.wlns.com.
about 7 hours ago from TweetDeck

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I came across this article about an advisory that was issued to doctors by the CDC earlier this year. This article is dated February 2nd 2009.

This season it is recommended that doctors prescribe rimantidine along with Tamiflu because this year’s strain of flu is resistant to Tamiflu.

Earlier this year the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued an advisory recommending for doctors, saying that doctors should treat patients with flu with a combination of Tamiflu and other drugs. More than half of the flu viruses that have been analyzed in the U.S. this season are of the H1N1 strain, which makes them Tamiflu-resistant. Last year only 11 percent of the most common flu strains were resistant to Tamiflu.

Given this situation, H1N1, the strain resistant to common anti-flu treatment could become the dominant strain this season

Influenza and its additional complications, such as pneumonia, cause 250,000 to 500,000 deaths annually, according to WHO.

www.efluxmedia.com...

Could it be that part of the problem is that perhaps doctors didn't follow the recomendations of the CDC in the begining of the flu season ?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

However, some persons, especially children, may shed virus for 7 days or longer.

I wasn't aware that certain people could shed virus for 7 days or longer.

www.cdc.gov...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Novel H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu) Public Service Announcements (PSAs)
www.cdc.gov...
May 4, 2009 8:01 PM ET

San Mateo County: State Department of Health Confirmed One Case of Influenza A (H1N1) in County: Date: May 05, 2009 01:22 UTC Risk: L..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Orange County: State Department of Health Confirmed Two Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) in County: Date: May 05, 2009 01:08 UTC Risk: Low..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

San Luis Obispo County: State Department of Health Confirmed Three Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) in County: Date: May 05, 2009 01:08 UT..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

San Francisco County: State Department of Health Confirmed Four Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) in County: Date: May 05, 2009 01:08 UTC R..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

San Bernardino County: State Department of Health Confirmed Four Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) in County: Date: May 05, 2009 01:08 UTC ..4 minutes ago from twitterfeed

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Good Evening,

I have a first hand experience to report...maybe nothing but seems out of place. I live in a smaller city, California Sierra Nevada Foothills.

As I was out this evening...I noticed that at the central Firehouse there were 100+ trucks, and some agency vehicles. Strange. Never seen it before...parking lot jammed full of trucks all types of agency trucks.

Wondering if they are having a meeting about preparedness. Obviously something is up, as not in my lifetime have I observed that in this town.

Opinions? I wonder if I should go back and see what kind of agency's were there?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Looks like California is getting hit a little more frequently...
Almost no one I know is even concerned. It's just weird.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

By all means you must go back and see WHO's attending

I'd be very interested in knowing!!!

H1N1 (Swine) Flu Update
Santa Clara County Public Health Department’s Medical/Health Emergency Website.
swineflu.sccgov.org...

And another Hmmm...
(per pcgeek)

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
U.S. officials weigh measures as flu spreads
www.reuters.com...
Mon May 4, 2009 6:05pm EDT

TIMELINE-Unusual flu cases prompt global mobilization
www.reuters.com...

Mexico says new flu no more deadly than usual flu
www.reuters.com...

Flu-hit Mexico to resume business
www.reuters.com...

FACTBOX - Measures against new flu in Europe
www.reuters.com...
Mon May 4, 2009 9:30pm EDT

Back Door:

House Democrats seek $94.2 billion in emergency funds
www.reuters.com...

U.S. watchdogs want bar raised in failed bank reviews
www.reuters.com...

About 10 U.S. stress test banks need capital: source
www.reuters.com...

BofA says no plan to raise capital, Citi mum
www.reuters.com...

Can you say, "Bailout?" I knew that ya could !

AIG to post quarterly loss, no new bailout: source
www.reuters.com...

U.S. airlines running a little low on cash: experts
www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
swineflucases: #H1N1 case alert: Anne Arundel County, Maryland, USA: 1 confirmed case of H1N1.source: Maryland Dept. of Health time: Ma..
10 minutes ago from twitterfeed

ISU Student Has Type A Flu; H1N1 Testing Under Way
www.kcrg.com...

Swine Flu symptoms remain mild
www.fox4now.com...

HIwrite: Inevitable RT @KHONnews BREAKING NEWS: Three probable cases of Swine Flu in HI. Details on KHON2 News at 5, 6, & 10.
11 minutes ago from web

No. of DE swine flu cases at 10, "probables" at 20
www.wdel.com...

US, Massachusetts: State Confirms 28 More Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Bringing Total to 34 #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

nelliehuggins: has been on the couch, in the same spot, for roughly 12 hours. stupid swine flu.
11 minutes ago from fb2twitter

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Alright, this is what I saw when I went back...a lot of Fire Agency Trucks...some Department of Forestry....and lots of trucks. Fire Season?
Hummm....

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Yes go back, inquiring minds want to know

I forgot to tell you guys, friday when i was coming back from taking my ma home, i passed some kind of a police checkpoint. I was on a major four lane street headed east and the police had one of the westbound lanes closed and cones directing the westbound traffic into a parking lot. There were squad cars all over the place and officers in the parking lot talking to people in the cars. I have never seen this before and was curious, but wasn't about to go investigate as i had the grandkids with me.

I had forgotten about it until i read your port. Maybe all the city departments are practicing, or preparing for something.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

That's what it would appear huh? Hmmm...

Canada, Alberta: Three Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Officials State Cases Not Connected to H1N1 Outbreak Identified on Pig Farm3 minutes ago from web

Mexico sends plane to rescue 70 citizens caught up in swine flu row with China
www.guardian.co.uk...

1918 flu survivors share memories as research continues
www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Does it seem normal to you that the Department of Forestry would be there ? Could you see where the other trucks were from, or did they all belong to the F.D. and the D.O.F. ?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

I took a picture from up the street, did not want to snap one right up close, as the meeting was letting out and there were alot of men outside...I drove by in my truck, and they were staring at me. They were all in uniforms...and they scared me. I will upload the picture that I snapped from a bit of a distance.

I was afraid to do one up front and center...I live in a town where the police force is commonly referred to as "Nazi". They are very agressive. I am not joking...here is proof positive Placer County has extremely agressive Police Force . Haha the lucky cityfolk here have even written to the local paper complaining. (Crazy if you ask me they even gave names!)

Still, it just seems out of place. Lots of trucks...marked and unmarked.

Edit to add: it seems a bit early for fire stuff here...it has rained solid for the last 4 days, aside from a slight time off this a.m. It is raining now.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by burntheships]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Vine Grove boy likely has swine flu
Fort Knox day care center to close through Wednesday
www.thenewsenterprise.com...

UPDATE: Lingle: 3 Probable Cases of Swine Flu in Hawaii
kgmb9.com...

Durham Region: Three New Confirmed Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Identified: Date: May 05, 2009 02:15 UTC Risk: Medium Ontario’s Acting..2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Central Alberta: Three Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Officials State Cases Not Connected to H1N1 Outbreak Identified on Pig Farm..2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Massachusetts: State Confirms 28 More Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Bringing Total to 34: Date: May 05, 2009 01:45 UTC Risk: Medium The Bo..2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

s_ljohnson: I feel like crap.. my body hurts,I can't breath... I'm going to the hospital tomorrow . hope it's not swine flu. wish me luck

9 minutes ago from web

osterlind: Wonders how the number of people dead from swine flu has dropped...are these people coming back to life?
9 minutes ago from web

diddlyscrumps: I wonder if I'll ever stop coughing. I hate you H1N1 hybrid swine influenza virus complication syndrome.
10 minutes ago from TwitterBerry

emlynnd5: another day without swine flu is another day of survival.. that is, until winter when the piggies seek vengeance on the human race -W.H.O.
3 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Novel H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu) Public Service Announcements (PSAs)
www.cdc.gov...

Swine flu broke out in California: CDC
www.presstv.ir...

Mexican president says on national TV address that Mexico to reduce taxes on cruise lines to boost tourism after the H1N1 outbreak.25 minutes ago from web

Health Officials Optimistic about H1N1 Outbreak
www.wibw.com...

Hmmm...
Back to school? Let's go! Students cheer as St. Francis to reopen Monday
www.nydailynews.com...

Swine-Flu Hysteria
online.wsj.com...

rickps: In retaliation Piglet has teamed up with Babe and Porky to form the exclusive H1N1 Club. Tigger will be their bouncer pending salary talks.
3 minutes ago from twhirl

dkeiller: Closed Mexico City office last week for H1N1. Vivid example: cost of our manic response is much greater than from the disease itself.
4 minutes ago from TweetDeck

lupin_bebop: Seriously, people. Shut the heck up about swine flu, already. I stopped caring a while back. You're making me miss House and 24.
7 minutes ago from web

mreeree: RT Mother's Day is this Sunday. I'm tossed between getting her a Swine Flu mask or applying 4 a government bailout for her. (via @daveboldt)
less than 10 seconds ago from Tweetie

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

One oddity in the outbreak is that this swine flu has affected mostly younger patients, CDC officials confirmed. Of the confirmed cases in the U.S., two thirds are under 18.The original H1N1 virus behind the deadly 1918 pandemic likely circulated among humans continuously until the 1950s, and then disappeared by 1957, according to the CDC. Researchers said they are trying to determine whether people born prior to 1957 have an immunity to the H1N1 virus.

As for learning how the virus will behave at the peak of flu season this fall, officials are turning to Australia and the rest of the Southern Hemisphere to observe the start of the winter flu season there. "That will tell us a lot about whether the virus is changing," Besser said. "And what measures we might want to take in the fall."

So far, 99 percent of suspected cases tested for follow-up are confirmed, the CDC said

99% of suspected cases are confirmed, i haven't heard that before ???

www.chicagobreakingnews.com...

[edit on 5/4/2009 by chise61]

new topics

top topics

<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join