It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Dont let your neighbors get you riled up...ignore them if they want to be uninformed, let them watch T.V.! Not too smart of them...but oh well!

You are right to do what you think is best for you and your family. We still do not really know the ramifications yet, so better to play it safe, especially if you live in an exposed area!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Mexico: Roughly 10,000 Passengers Remain at Sea as Cruise Ships Cancel Planned Stops in Mexico. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Health officials confirm 13 cases of swine flu across Canada
www.metronews.ca...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

I have been on way too many cruise ships...always got sick,LOL!

Can it be just a matter of time before this starts showing up someplace like a ship or an entire plane?

Large amount of people in a contained area basically sharing air...someone is carrying the bug.

Just sayin'.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AquilaCat
reply to post by Bombeni

That's why I raise my own chickens. Strictly for egg-laying. They are too much like pets now to kill them, but if I wanted to eat chicken, you can bet I'm going to avoid the fast-food variety and go straight to a local farmer for all my meat. We already are getting our milk locally.
I think if we all tried to get our foods locally and sacrified the time to cook it ourselves, we might be healthier overall and the sanitation practices would be more closely examined. Or if they aren't, then we can keep an eye on local places and call it in if we think something is amiss or if we think the animals aren't being treated well. If we can keep an eye on these places, rather than trusting the government with the inspections, maybe we can avoid things like the flu vaccine. So local animals, hopefully better sanitation and health, fewer problems. Thoughts?

Also, is it just me, or have there been more suspected and confirmed cases today than anytime previously?

Lucky, I'm stuck in the city. I would never be a strict vegetarian that does not eat eggs cheese, milk. Dairy cows have to be well cared for or they don't produce. I think laying hens don't have it too bad, they love sitting on those nests.

Yes more of us have to start keeping an eye as you suggest. PETA has been doing it for years and being laughed at, but I think people are taking it more seriously now. I am getting to where I don't care at all about having meat, I make macaroni and cheese a lot, pinto beans and Jiffy cornbread (yum), cheese potatoes and some nice stir fried vegetables. I am not totally weaned off meat yet but I have been working at it. Especially since I saw the video of the cows who didn't die after being knocked in the head being scooped up with a front loader as they staggered around.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The Los Angeles County coroner says the deaths they are investigating are not related to the swine flu epidemic.2 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

Indonesia: Suspected cases of swine influenza reported; information not corroborated. #swinefluless than 20 seconds ago from web

Panama: One Suspected Case of Swine Influenza Under Investigation in Panama City. #swinefluless than a minute ago from web

Venezuela: Three Suspected Swine Influenza Cases Reported in Valencia. #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

AP: Business chamber says swine flu shutdown costing Mexico City economy $57 million a day.2 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

US, New York: Wayne County Investigating One Suspected Case of Swine Influenza #swinefluless than a minute ago from web

Norway: Two Suspected Cases of Swine Influenza Being Tested in Trondheim. #swineflu5 minutes ago from web

Israel, Tel-Aviv: Fourth Suspected Swine Influenza Case Registered Nationwide; On Flight With Confirmed Case #swineflu5 minutes ago from web

We're awaiting a news conference from the LA County coroner regarding perhaps the first US fatalities due to swine flu.5 minutes ago from TweetDeck

[edit on 4/28/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Thanks for the support, I hate to take up space on this thread but it seems to be the one I have resonated with the past two days and I just wait for each new link and tidbit of news.

Ty to all who are contributing, this is much less confusing then when I jump sites searching, hell you guys are getting it here faster than my fingers can click and read...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The Los Angeles County coroner says the deaths they are investigating are not related to the swine flu epidemic.

From Twitter.

link   
The Los Angeles County coroner says the deaths they are investigating are not related to the swine flu epidemic.

From Twitter.

link   
US, California: Reports of two confirmed swine influenza cases in Marin County. #swinefluless than a minute ago from web

Huh...now which is it...they're investigating 2 deaths not related...

They confirm 2 deaths from it...??? Hmmm

Officials: No L.A. Deaths Linked To Swine Flu
cbs2.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
US, California: Reports of two confirmed swine influenza cases in Marin County. #swinefluless than a minute ago from web

Starting to look like California is going to get a good whoppin!
Sigh...I really do not like getting the flu!

and this...can you bellieve this: U.S. officials also ask public to stop using term 'swine flu' as swine not infected with virus, U.S. pork safe
• USDA: Please Call It H1N1, Not Swine Flu !!! ???

Oh we cant forget the failing economy, thats right! Save the U.S. Eat PorK!
How funny is that, we spend spend and pork pork pork the bills, and now they want us to keep eating pork! The nerve, I tell ya!

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Australia, Northern Territory: Health Minister announces one swine influenza case is under investigation. #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

US, New York: Health officials investigating six suspected cases of swine influenza at Ascension School in Manhattan. #swinefluless than a minute ago from web

Colombia: 30 Additional Suspected Cases of Swine Influenza Reported; 42 Suspected Cases Nationwide. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

I wish they'd post something else to confirm it...Hmmm

L.A. Officials Probe Possible Swine Flu Death
www.foxnews.com...

Government Warns of Flu Deaths, but Urges Calm
www.foxnews.com...

New swine flu infections intensify travel fears
www.reuters.com...

Cuba Suspends Flights To, From Mexico Due to Flu
www.foxnews.com...

Cruise Scraps Mexico Stops Amid Flu Fears
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Yes I second that. Makes me nervous. Of course, I know I should just trust them...they would never lie about something like this!?

This is really interesting...A Pork Fight

U.S. Warns China about Pork Ban

After taking hits on product safety for everything from tainted toys to tainted milk, China wasted no time banning U.S. pork imports in the wake of the swine flu outbreak.

China and a string of other countries have moved to ban pork and other meat products from some U.S. states over the past week. The trend on Tuesday drew a rebuke from U.S. officials, who are warning trading partners that such embargoes could trigger "serious trading disruptions."

[edit on 28-4-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
US, Connecticut: One "Probable" Case of Swine Influenza in Stratford, Testing Underway #swineflu1 minute ago from web

US, Connecticut: One "Probable" Case of Swine Influenza In Southbury, Testing Underway #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

US, Maine: Residents Under Voluntary Quarantine, Tests for Swine Influenza Pending2 minutes ago from web

US, New Hampshire: Residents Under Voluntary Quarantine, Tests for Swine Influenza Pending #swineflu4 minutes ago from web

Swine Flu Ruled Out as Cause in 1 Los Angeles Death; 1 Death Still Under Investigation
www.foxnews.com...

World battles swine flu as death toll rises
www.cnn.com...

More cases of swine flu reported; WHO warns of 'health emergency'
www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Here is a link to the rsoe "swine flu" watch site. I have been watching it since uhm, I want to say Sunday, and on Sunday only Mexico and the USA had cases of this flu. Monday when I woke up and checked the site, it was spreading all over.

www.idemc.org...

We live in a smaller size town, the newspaper yesterday said that our schools are getting ready, though my children stated when they asked (one in elementary and one in high school) that almost no one knew about it, and the teachers were not saying. So I do not know what to believe in regards to how our local schools are getting ready for such a possibility.

But then just a little while ago

My husband had me call around for those medical masks, the N-95 that is rated for such uses, and everyone is out, except one medical supply store which had ONE 5 pack for ten dollars. Since my husband works right across the street he ran over to get them, and they were already gone. So even people in our little town seem to be gearing up a bit.

Stay healthy everyone

Peace

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
RodrigoMxSuspected cases of swine flu in Nueces County jumped from 5 to 20, according to Dr. William Burgin (Near Corpus, Texas)
6 minutes ago from TweetDeck

New Zealand: Taranaki Tamiflu supply under "lockdown," residents inundating pharmacies for supplies. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

New Zealand: Medical Health Officer of Taranaki states nine suspected swine influenza cases under investigation. #swineflu4 minutes ago from web

Mexico City restricts thousands of public places over swine flu
www.cnn.com...

MEXICO CITY, Mexico (CNN) -- About 35,000 public venues in Mexico City were shut down or told to serve only takeout meals Tuesday as officials tried to contain a deadly swine flu outbreak.

Authorities ordered restaurants to serve only takeout food and mandated the closing of bars, clubs, theaters, pool halls, gyms, sport centers and convention halls until May 6, said Juan Jose Garcia Ochoa, a top city government official.

City officials did not shut down public transportation because only the federal government can do that, Garcia said. But city officials asked the Mexican government to take that step, he said.

"That's a very serious and extreme matter," he said.
More at Link...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

i know they are reporting it but you have to see it like this TPTP dont report # unless it falls into their plan and i basically see all these news reports talking about the swine outbreak going to kill millions of people are fear mongering and i see us playing into their hands but yall can keep on beeing afraid when i get proof that this # is #ing killing off mother#ers left and right then i might change my mind but until then # all this helpless victim #

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Local source's in California

Swine flu has been ruled out as the cause of one of two recent deaths being investigated by the Los Angeles County coroner's office.
Coroner's Assistant Chief Ed Winter said Tuesday that swine flu was not found in a La Mirada man.
Winter says lab testing is pending in the case of a Long Beach man but swine flu is now not suspected.
Both deaths were reported to the coroner's office on Monday.

www.mymotherlode.com...
www.examiner.com...

[edit on 28-4-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Australia, Cairns: Health officials report an unspecified number of suspected swine influenza cases being investigated. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

US, New Jersey: Total of five "probable" swine influenza cases being tested. #swinefluless than 20 seconds ago from web

US, New Jersey: Health officials investigating swine influenza case in southern New Jersey. #swineflu1 minute ago from web

Argentina: Temperature scanning equipment will be activated at the Ezeiza International Airport in Ezeiza, Buenos Aires Province. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

US, North Carolina: Suspected Swine Influenza Case in Isolation in Sanford #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

New Zealand, Auckland: Two women detained at airport after arriving from Los Angeles due to influenza-like illness. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

US, Massachusetts: Two children from Spencer being tested for swine influenza after developing symptoms following trip to Mexico. #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

US, New York, Brooklyn and Bronx: Mayor Reports Two Suspected Cases of Swine Influenza #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

‘Many hundreds’ of kids may have swine flu
82 of 380 students at one school for autistic kids are sick, N.Y. mayor says
www.msnbc.msn.com...
msnbc.com news services
updated 20 minutes ago

Several hundred students have fallen ill at the New York school hit by a swine flu outbreak, city officials said Tuesday as the number of confirmed cases in the United States rose to 68, with at least seven people hospitalized.

A U.S. health official said deaths were likely.

"I fully expect we will see deaths from this infection" as swine flu cases are investigated, said Richard Besser, acting director of the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
More at Link...

Most recent “swine flu” article results
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
What is in a name? Touchy Touchy!

Now more are jumping on the political correct bandwagon.

First it was U.S. officials also ask public to stop using term 'swine flu' as swine not infected with virus, U.S. pork safe
• USDA: Please Call It H1N1, Not Swine Flu !!! ???

www.foxnews.com...

Now Isreal!
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Imagine, these folks are getting paid taxpayers money to sit around and object to the term "swine flu" I think I know a better name for it.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I'm seriously begining to think it should be called "Swine-dle" flu?

It makes NO good sense to me why it should be so damn hard for things to have a bit more clarity at this point.

Thanks to all who work tirelessly to update,the amount of BS out there is staggering and it's hard to know which end is up,LOL!

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join