It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Thank you for all your efforts to keep up with the latest news. I started with this thread and luckily subcribed early so stars to you and the OP! There are so many threads on this now it's impossible to keep up with them all.......and gotta love the ufo/flu connection

I'm still on the fence about this flu. As long as there aren't deaths outside of Mexico that could mean it's mutated to where it's less dangerous and could burn itself out. We all have to wait and see if there is a second wave later this year. Just my thoughts.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Live Now: Emergency swine flu hearing with mulitple government agencies on Capitol Hill
www.cbsnews.com...

BULLETIN -- CALIFORNIA GOVERNOR SCHWARZENEGGER DECLARES STATE OF EMERGENCY.3 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

L.A. County Braces For Swine Flu Outbreak
cbs2.com...

Swine flu cases increase, hurting markets, airlines
www.reuters.com...

Mexico: Resident Reports 19 Fatal Cases of Swine Influenza in Oaxaca; Information Not Corroborated. #swineflu1 minute ago from web

[edit on 4/28/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
You know this just dawned on me but I find it interesting that this flu mysteriously breaks out in Mexico (spanish) when normally viruses emerge out of Asia and the WHO is keeping an eye on this because it's a never before seen strain (mmm...man made and released?) and it could simulate the 1918 (Spanish flu) again with the spanish.

I know I am going conspiracy here but what if this virus was man made or at least recreated and released to the public in Mexico because it was meant to be as killer as the spanish flu of 1918 -1919?

I don't know just my thought.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DDay

Mexico City is an excellent breeding ground for virus for exactly the same reason Asia is.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Expert says new flu strain here to stay
www.cnn.com...

Mexico City at epicenter of swine flu fears
www.cnn.com...

California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has declared a state of emergency to help agencies coordinate efforts to fight swine flu.3 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

U.S. swine flu cases climb to 68
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Anti-flu funding sufficient, White House says
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Cuba: All flights to Mexico suspended for the next 48 hours. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Mexico: Resident of San Luis Potosí Reports 78 Fatal Swine Influenza Cases; Information Not Corroborated. #swineflu1 minute ago from web

Mexico: Resident Reports 19 Fatal Cases of Swine Influenza in Oaxaca; Information Not Corroborated. #swineflu8 minutes ago from web

Edit: be sure to backtrack over the last couple of my posts to be sure yer getting all my updates

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Google Maps by Medical Doctors *Best*

2009 H1N1 Google Outbreak Map

Announcment: State of California has been decalred to be in
A State of Emergency by Govenor Arnold Swarzenegger.

Sky News Live TV

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Germany: Ministry of Health states woman admitted to The Hamburg-Eppendorf University Clinic with suspected swine influenza. #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

AP: NYC says 2 people in hospital with suspected swine flu; cases separate from school outbreak.less than a minute ago from BNO Headquarters

The Los Angeles County coroner's office says it is investigating two recent deaths for possible links to swine flu.1 minute ago from BNO Headquarters
www.foxnews.com...

Swine Flu Triggers Capitol Hill Finger-Pointing
www.foxnews.com...

WHO: Flu Travels Person-to-Person
www.foxnews.com...

Worst-Case Scenario Underlies U.S. Pandemic Plan
www.foxnews.com...

Edit: be sure to backtrack over the last couple of my posts to be sure yer getting all my updates

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
Morning guys.

I know i dont post much but read every post in here. You guys do great work. Not much need for me to post much its already on the thread when i find it before i can post it.

Thanks we are trying hard!

Swine flu explosion on Swiss Train story

A technician was transporting the container on Monday night to the Swiss national flu centre in Geneva, where scientists are developing a flu test for humans, police said.

What this is crazy. They should have paid a taxi, or a private courier.
Stupidy Kills! No one was hurt, but who really knows what will happen in the "viral world".

uk.reuters.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Costa Rica: Costa Rican Minister of Health Confirms One Swine Influenza Case in San José. #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

NYC health commissioner says "many hundreds" of schoolchildren sick with suspected swine flu.2 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

AP: NYC says 2 people in hospital with suspected swine flu; cases separate from school outbreak.10 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

Developments On Swine Flu Worldwide
cbs2.com...

Swine flu prompts California "state of emergency"
www.reuters.com...

California Swine Flu Cases Rise To 13
cbs2.com...

Swine Flu Fears Close Schools In NY, Texas, Calif.
cbs2.com...

Cases Of Swine Flu Reported Across California
cbs2.com...

Los Angeles County Department of Public Health
www.publichealth.lacounty.gov...

California Department Of Public Health
www.cdph.ca.gov...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
CDC says total number of confirmed U.S. swine flu cases rises to 64; 10 in California, 2 in Kansas, 45 in New York, 1 in Ohio and 6 in Texas4 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

US, Philadelphia: Airline Passenger Coming from Cancun Hospitalized with Influenza-Like Symptoms #swinefluhalf a minute ago from web

US, California: Governor declares State of Emergency after 14 cases of swine influenza have been confirmed. #swineflu1 minute ago from web

Canada, Victoria: Suspected Swine Influenza Case Identified in Traveler Returning From Mexico. #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

New York City Health Commissioner says many hundreds of students are suspected of swine flu after possible outbreaks at local schools.3 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

South Korea: Natural disaster alert level raised due to swine influenza probable cases. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

South Korea: Korean Centers for Disease Control testing probable swine influenza case; source of infection suggested to be taxi driver.half a minute ago from web

Ireland: The Health Service Executive has reported no probable swine influenza cases nationwide; four previous suspected cases ruled out.3 minutes ago from web

Swine Flu case count in U.S. - NY 45, CA 10, TX 6, KS 2, OH 1. Total 64 http://(link tracking not allowed)/funJH #swineflu13 minutes ago from web

CDCemergency
twitter.com...

CDC_eHealth
twitter.com...

CDC "Tweeting" Swine Flu Updates
www.cbsnews.com...

(CBS) Just in case you're not getting enough up-to-the-minute news about swine flu, you can log in to Twitter to get updates from the government's Centers for Disease Control.

The CDC is using Twitter to spread the word on how not to spread or get swine flu. The CDC has several Twitter accounts including @CDCemergency, which is posting new recommendations, bulletins on confirmed cases, and information on antiviral drugs and other ways to deal with or prevent the disease.

The Associated Press reports that there have been more than 1,600 reported cases and the number of suspected deaths has reached 149 in Mexico. At 1 p.m. Eastern Monday, the CDC reported 40 confirmed cases in the United States: California (7), Kansas (2), New York City (28), Ohio (1), and Texas (2). One person has been hospitalized, but there have been no deaths.
More at Links...

Mexico Slammed for Slow Response
www.foxnews.com...

As the swine flu crisis threatens to become a global pandemic, health experts are asking whether the health system in Mexico, where the virus originated, is up to dealing with the outbreak and whether an earlier response might have prevented its worldwide spread.

Both the World Health Organization and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have sent teams into Mexico after government officials there requested their assistance.

As of Tuesday morning, the virus was suspected to have caused 152 deaths in Mexico. But with thousands more patients yet to be tested, observers warn the worst may be yet to come.
More at Link...

Swine Flu's Spread Defies Border Cautions
www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Any news on the reported two deaths in California possible from Swine Flu?
Second Line!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
@ KonigKaos: Not yet...to earley still...

US, New York: Four suspected swine influenza cases being investigated in Amityville.1 minute ago from web

No mutations have been found after testing 36 swine flu confirmed specimens, the CDC reports.less than a minute ago from BNO Headquarters

The CDC says there will soon be U.S. fatalities from swine flu. (corr.)1 minute ago from BNO Headquarters

Spain: 10 Additional Suspected Cases of Swine Influenza Reported in Madrid. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

2 Calif. deaths investigated for swine flu links
www.google.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by KonigKaos

More on the California Swine Flu Possible Fatalities

Two deaths in Southern California may be due to swine flu, according to the Los Angeles County Coroner's office.

The Los Angeles Times reported on its Web site that tests are being conducted and no official cause of death has been determined.

However, a spokesman for the county coroner told the newspaper that the death of a 33-year-old Long Beach man came after he had swine flu symptoms. Doctors disagnosed him with pneumonia.

The second death also involved pneumonia. Doctors said a 45-year-old man from La Mirada died last Wednesday at a hospital in Norwalk, but the county health department refused to sign the death certificate and wanted to investigate further, the newspaper reported.

www.insidebayarea.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Animal husbandry practices are indeed at the core of this disease. For the sake of denying ignorance, we can separate out debates about humane treatment and personal/global benefits of vegetarianism for the moment.

The world must engage in more sanitary animal farming, whereby a vector as small as a fly might transfer a disease from animals to humans. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Instead we hear from corporations, and the politicians they control, how expensive the prevention is, without telling us how much they charge for the pound of cure.
Instead of the best public health practices as a prevention, we are offered the expensive corporate pill as a cure.

While we throw taxdollars at the military-industrial-complex and sell arms to our "friends", we can be killed/debilitated from not just our "enemies" but from our friends. What good does the latest expensive piece of military hardware/system or huge craft do me, if I can be dead from a minute virus started because another country's public health standards are low?
We throw dollars at a medical system, which should only be the last resort. Stop fouling our own nest, use the ounce of prevention instead, and save the pound of cure.

What we must do is wrest government back from the control of corporations. Getting gov't off the back of corporations, letting corporations police their health standards, throwing more money at businesses who inspect/issue certificates, widened the door of corruption/inefficiency.

Americans must stop calling themselves consumers and quit pledging allegiance to corporations/corporate brands. We no longer behave as citizens; instead we pledge allegiance to an effete, hallow govt that has been robbed of its effectiveness and tax dollars, in a country robbed of its resources and wealth.

Americans realized on 9-11 that oceans could not protect them from acts of terrorism. We now realize that no matter how tall a fence is, our land borders cannot keep us well either. We are all swine farmers now.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The Indiana Department of Health has confirmed the first case of swine flu in the state, BNO News has learned.2 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

US, NY: Health Officials Investigating Possible Swine Influenza Cases at Second School in Queens #swinefluhalf a minute ago from web

The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors has declared a local state of emergency, the LA Times reports.less than 5 seconds ago from BNO Headquarters

The Indiana Department of Homeland Security has activated the state's Emergency Operations Center to combat swine flu.1 minute ago from BNO Headquarters

US, New York: Rockland County Health Department Investigating Two Suspected Swine Influenza Cases with Recent Travel to Mexico #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Picking up speed now...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Yep...more to come no doubt.
It looks like the bulk of the decision-making will be left to the local-levels at this point unless a higher Level is declared by the WHO?
I guess now I'm sorting out the chain of commands and what it might mean at each level along the way.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I have a feeling its gonna spread but really only make people sick.
Deaths will stay confined to Mexico for the most part

What are your thoughts?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Star fer You!

Thanks fer stoppin' in!!!

More emergency actions being stepped up today...even here in Michigan with just 3? cases reported ...so far...

Canada has confirmed at least four more cases of swine flu, these in Toronto, according to CP24.less than a minute ago from BNO Headquarters

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Nice post.

It is multi-faceted; not just the Govt., and not just greedy corporatations, but the people creating the consumer demand have to raise their consciousness and get out of this instant gratification mode. I'm guilty, we're all guilty, and I know now that it starts with me.

If people knew what happens to chickens that end up on their table, well, I won't get too graphic. But try to imagine how many chickens suffer and then get thrown out anyway at the end of the day at thousands of KFC's. Well I don't want to turn this thread into something entirely different but maybe this flu will get our attention and some changes can start to occur.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos
I have a feeling its gonna spread but really only make people sick.
Deaths will stay confined to Mexico for the most part

What are your thoughts?

This round of flu probably isn't any worse than most others. People need to avoid running out and buying tamiflu, THAT is what will set us up for a much worse epidemic because it will cause the new virus to become immune to any treatment.

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join