It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
New Zealand: Four Taranaki residents on flight with Rangitoto students under quarantine. No illness reported among the four. #swineflu12 minutes ago from web

Australia, Queensland: Six new suspected cases under investigation; total reaches 16. Some cases along the Gold Coast and in Brisbane.22 minutes ago from web

US, Michigan: Authorities investigating possible swine influenza case in a 41-year-old woman from Kent county. #swineflu33 minutes ago from web

Australia: Government gives health officials right to "forcibly" detain and disinfect suspected swine influenza cases. #swineflu37 minutes ago from web

Austria, Steyr: One Suspected Swine Influenza Case Reported in a 28-Year-Old With Recent Travel to Mexico #swineflu43 minutes ago from web

Czech Republic: New suspected swine influenza case. Patient under observation at Motol Hospital in Prague. #swinefluabout 1 hour ago from web

Vietnam: Health Officials Report Ten Visitors from Mexico Under Observation for Swine Influenza #swinefluabout 1 hour ago from web

Russia, Moscow: Suspected swine influenza case diagnosed with Acute Respiratory Viral Infection; confirmatory tests pending. #swinefluabout 2 hours ago from web

United Kingdom: British travel companies Thomas Cook and First Choice Holidays cancel all outbound flights to Cancun, Mexico. #swinefluabout 2 hours ago from web

Uruguay: Health Minister announces one suspected swine influenza case under investigation. #swinefluabout 2 hours ago from web

Argentina: Ten suspected swine influenza cases reported. Reports indicate all flights to Mexico have been suspended.about 2 hours ago from web

Canada: The Public Health Agency of Canada issues warning against all non-essential travel to Mexico.about 2 hours ago from web

Mexico: Health Minister announces 3 new fatal, suspected swine influenza cases occurring over the past 24 hours; total reaches 152.about 2 hours ago from web

Thailand: One suspected swine influenza case hospitalized in Bangkok. Patient returned from Mexico in early April.about 2 hours ago from web

Spain: Health officials confirm second swine influenza case. The individual is currently receiving treatment at a Valencia hospital.about 2 hours ago from web

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Sources tells the BBC 8 possible swine flu cases in Wales, could bring total possible cases to 31 in the UK.26 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

UPDATE -- Official says at least 23 possible swine flu cases in Scotland after at least 14 were discovered in the last hours.40 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

Official says at least 14 possible swine flu cases in Scotland.44 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

Dutch ministry of foreign affairs advises people to not make trips to Mexico unless absolutely necessary.44 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

NZ Health Minister: We are assuming that all of the people [10 in total] who had tested positive for Influenza A, have Swine Flu.about 5 hours ago from BNO Headquarters

FLU UPDATE -- Israel confirms first case of swine flu; British Airways is not canceling its flights to Mexico.about 6 hours ago from BNO Headquarters

Sky News: World Health Organization says there are several swine flu cases in China.about 7 hours ago from BNO Headquarters

Officials confirm 2 more swine flu cases at St. Mel school in Fair Oaks, California, bringing the total cases in the state to 13.about 11 hours ago from BNO Headquarters

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Thank you Darlin' Borg!

News is sketchy at best this am and I'm getting frustrated by all the "stuff" getting in the way of the facts,as usual.

Appreciate your work!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
SOUTH CAROLINA Newberry County
Last Updated by niman 9 hours ago
Newberry Academy students had swine flu because their high fever and body aches began during and shortly after a senior class trip to Cancun.

NORTH CAROLINA
Last Updated by niman 15 hours ago
the suspected cases involve patients with severe flu symptoms. The state is encouraging medical providers to only report more severe cases _ people with higher fevers or more prominent respiratory problems.
handful of suspected cases are sporadically located in various parts of the state.

NORTH CAROLINA Boone
Last Updated by niman 8 hours ago
five college students at Appalachian State University for the Swine Flu virus. The students just returned from a trip in Mexico and experienced flu-like symptoms.

NEW JERSEY
Last Updated by niman 10 hours ago
five probable cases of swine flu in people who recently traveled to Mexico and California.

[edit on 4/28/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

And good mornin' to you as well!

Thanks fer the pic!!! Luv'd it!!!

I had to take a Re-Gen break...was getting weak

TEXAS Guadalupe County Cibolo
five of the cases being tested were in the Guadalupe County

TEXAS Guadalupe County Cibolo
10/04/2009 two 16-year-old Steele High School students were diagnosed with swine flu earlier this month. “One became ill on April 10, the other on April 14. Their illnesses were relatively mild. Neither was hospitalized. Both have recovered. Though the boys are friends, it has not been determined how either became infected.”

A woman aged 41 years with an autoimmune illness who resided in Imperial County developed fever, headache, sore throat, diarrhea, vomiting, and myalgias on April 12. She was hospitalized on April 15. She recovered and was discharged on April 22. A respiratory specimen obtained April 16 was found to be influenza A positive by RT-PCR at the San Diego Country Health Department Laboratory, but could not be further subtyped. The woman had not been vaccinated against seasonal influenza viruses during the 2008--09 season. Three household contacts of the woman reported no recent respiratory illness.

TEXAS Dallas County
the three cases involve a 24-year-old, a 7-year-old and a 3-month-old. He said the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed the North Texas cases on Monday.

a 24-year-old, a 7-year-old and a 3-month-old – has been hospitalized, and the cases do not appear to be related, officials said. It is unclear whether any of the three had traveled to Mexico recently.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Honduras: Two new suspected swine influenza cases identified; previously reported suspected case dismissed. #swineflu1 minute ago from web

Reuters: Ecuador bans imports of pigs and pork from Mexico and the United States on flu fears2 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

Mexico City: Approximately 35,000 restaurants ordered closed or partially closed by government. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Local TV: The Indiana State Department of Health confirms that there is a case of swine flu in Indiana.1 minute ago from BNO Headquarters

Mexico City: National Chamber of Restaurants and Food Services (Canirac) states restaurant sales down 70%. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Mexico City: Mayor orders all billiard halls, gyms, and sports clubs closed. Fund set up to support families affected by swine influenza.half a minute ago from web

Israel: Health Ministry announces new confirmed swine influenza case; individual hospitalized in Kfar Saba. #swineflu8 minutes ago from web

Local media is reporting the first case of swine flu in Orlando, Florida.2 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

Reuters: EU commission says no plan to restrict U.S. food, livestock imports over swine flu.half a minute ago from BNO Headquarters

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Mexico: Pork Industry Negatively Impacted by Swine Influenza Outbreak; Pork Sales Fall by 80%. #swinefluhalf a minute ago from web

Hong Kong: Reports of "panic" buying of face masks and Tamiflu over swine influenza concerns. #swineflu1 minute ago from web

Middle East: A Gulf Cooperation Council health ministers meeting convened to discuss swine influenza. #swineflu5 minutes ago from web

WCBS-TV: The number of confirmed swine flu cases in New York City has risen to 45, CDC said Tuesday morning.1 minute ago from BNO Headquarters

Mexico, Juarez: Four suspected swine influenza cases ruled out. #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

United States issues warning against all non-essential travel to Mexico. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Poland, Warsaw: Two suspected swine influenza cases hospitalized; under observation. #swinefluless than a minute ago from web

France: Total of 20 suspected swine influenza cases under investigation; status of previously reported case in Poitiers remains unchanged.6 minutes ago from web

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Good Morning all!

Having my first cup of coffee, and skipping the breakfast ham!

Good work everyone! Special thanks to Hx3-1963! Somehow, even your avatar seems warm and comforting now!

maps.google.com...

Google Map on Swine Flu

Another Google Maps Swine Flu Locator

Many Google Maps on one Website

biosurveillance Veratect

Veratect on Twitter

Twitter Breaking News

BioSurveillance Typepad Chart/List

CDC Swine Flu

World Health Organization

Currenty at Threat Level 4

CDC Press Breifing

RSOE EDIS Pandemic Map

State # of laboratory
confirmed cases
California 10 cases
Kansas 2 cases
New York City 45 cases
Ohio 1 case
Texas 6 cases
TOTAL COUNT 64 cases

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Thank You!!!

Chile: Six Suspected Swine Influenza Cases Reported in Santiago; Total of Nine Suspected Cases Nationwide. #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

US, North Carolina: Two Buncombe County residents with influenza-like illness after Mexico trip being tested for swine influenza. #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

Mexico: Argentina and Japan Enact Travel Restrictions in Response to Swine Influenza Outbreak. #swineflu7 minutes ago from web

Mexico: United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization Investigating Swine Production Facilities. #swineflu8 minutes ago from web

Egypt: Parliament calls on government to cull all pigs to prevent swine influenza. Pig farms in Cairo being moved outside city. #swineflu8 minutes ago from web

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Protected hugs to you Hx3!

Posted on another thread as well,I'm having a bit of trouble keeping up where and what I'm about but feel it's interesting and some on this thread I'm fond of:

"OoooohhhhOOoohhhh that smell!!!" Lynard Skynard

www.redorbit.com...

"Authorities have been taking swift action in order to avoid a global state of panic over the new strain of swine flu. Because of the investment made in the United States public health sector, there already exist available drugs and treatments that provide efficient countermeasure. "

"With more than 40 people having contracted this new strain of flu in the United States, the authority given by the FDA has even reached to include health officials and volunteer workers allowing them to distribute Tamiflu and Relenza.

In order to determine whether patients have the new strain, the rRt-PCR Swine Flu Panel diagnostic test has been authorized for testing samples. If the test reads positive, it will be presumed that the patient indeed has the new strain of H1N1 swine flu. A negative result however will be evidence that a patient does not have the virus"

Soooo...what am I reading here: a test will be given and if it "reads positive", it will be PRESUMED that I have this virus,and a nice volunteer will then issue "something" to me.

Unless it's a gold-star sticker like the ones my early teachers gave me this simply...will...not....happen.

Yep...they have got our butts "covered" because of the "investments made."

I agree that at this point,it's ALL about the gathering and culling out of info because there's stuff flying around that's simply boggling my mind.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

US: Sources reporting 50 confirmed swine influenza cases in the United States; health officials have not verified. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Hmmm...that 40 number is now 50...

The cat is out of the bag...

The horse is out of the barn...

Ect...

Peru: Five Suspected Swine Influenza Cases Dismissed Nationwide, Including Two From Jorge Chávez International Airport. #swineflu1 minute ago from web

Poland: New suspected swine influenza case identified; under observation in Elblag hospital. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Container of swine virus explodes on Swiss train
uk.reuters.com...

ZURICH (Reuters) - A container of flu virus samples packed in dry ice exploded on a Swiss train, injuring one person but posing no other risks to humans, police said on Tuesday.

The box held vials of swine flu virus, although a different strain than the H1N1 variety that has caused about 150 deaths in Mexico and infected people in the United States, Canada, Spain and Britain.
More at Link...

Israel, Netanya: Health authorities indicate possible third swine influenza case; niece of confirmed case. #swinefluless than a minute ago from web

Brazil, Rio de Janeiro: Six Suspected Swine Influenza Cases From Tom Jobim International Airport Dismissed #swineflu4 minutes ago from web

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

88 Australians suspected of swine flu
news.ninemsn.com.au...

Eighty-eight Australians are feared to have contracted swine flu, with the search on for another 22 who were on the same flight as three New Zealand students now confirmed as being infected.

Federal Health Minister Nicola Roxon has called on Governor-General Quentin Bryce to ensure chief medical officer Jim Bishop can enact Australia's quarantine powers, if required, for suspected swine flu cases.

This means authorities will have the power to detain people suspected of having the potentially deadly virus.
More at Link...

Vietnam: Health authorities request police investigate travel of 210 visitors into the country due to swine influenza concerns. #swinefluless than 20 seconds ago from web

Israel, N.Zealand latest countries hit by swine flu
www.alertnet.org...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

The Pig is out of the Pen!
Couldn't Resist!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Star 4 U!

Swine flu: Pandemic 'would infect four in ten Britons'
www.telegraph.co.uk...

US, Indiana: Health officials confirm one swine influenza case; the state's first case. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Brazil: Brazilian Monitoring 12 Suspected Swine Influenza Cases Nationwide #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

CDC Announces More Confirmed Swine Flu Cases
mystateline.com...

Tuesday, Apr 28, 2009 @11:25am CST

(Atlanta, GA) -- The swine flu outbreak in the U.S. is now at 64 cases.

The Centers for Disease Control reports that number and also confirms a number of the people afflicted have been hospitalized.

The CDC says cases have now been confirmed in California, Kansas, New York City, Ohio and Texas.

The agency has activated its emergency operations center in response to the outbreak.

Incidents of swine flu are starting to spread around the world.

Around 150 people have died in Mexico from the illness, the only country thus far to have deaths result.
More at Link...

Singapore: 13 suspected cases of swine influenza under investigation; four suspected cases have been dismissed. #swinefluless than a minute ago from web

Greece: European Health Commissioner reports there are unconfirmed cases of swine influenza in Greece. #swineflu4 minutes ago from web

US, Orlando: Local doctor reports swine influenza case. Health officials indicate there are no confirmed cases in Florida. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
All joking aside...

This is an article worth your time. Dr Paul's take on it:

Found today at www.dailypaul.com...

L.A. Times article here:

www.latimes.com...

Warren D. Ward, 48, was in high school when the swine flu threat of 1976 swept the U.S. The Whittier man remembers the episode vividly because a relative died in the 1918 flu pandemic, and the 1976 illness was feared to be a direct descendant of the deadly virus.

"The government wanted everyone to get vaccinated," Ward said. "But the epidemic never really broke out. It was a threat that never materialized."

In in little time, we will be able to tell!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Nice articles...

Glad I'm staying mostly on this thread...trying to post anything on the other gets buried before I even hit the reply button

This thread moves a little slower...better to catch things...

Chile: Five New Suspected Swine Influenza Cases Reported; Total 18 Nationwide #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Austria, Vienna: Health Minister Says 28-Year-Old Traveler is Possibly Infected with Swine Influenza. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Canada, Alberta: Two cases of swine influenza confirmed by health authorities; one in Calgary. #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

US: CDC confirms a total of 64 swine influenza cases in the United States; 45 in New York. #swineflu1 minute ago from web

United Kingdom: Suspected swine influenza case admitted to West Middlesex University Hospital in Isleworth, England. #swinefluless than 20 seconds ago from web

US, New York: State Health officials are investigating two possible cases of swine influenza in Chautauqua County. #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

Mexico City: Hospital Workers Protest Lack of Protective Measures Against Swine Influenza #swineflu5 minutes ago from web

Latest Maps Of H1N1 Swine Flu Outbreaks
www.medicalnewstoday.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

Nice articles...
...This thread moves a little slower...better to catch things...

Thanks! Yeah I think there is a lot of ~ Spam~ on the other thread!

Sorry couldn't resist!

Adding a new official definition of Spam to the urban dictionary:
Spammers never miss an opportunity to capitalize on a buzzy topic. Spammers are piggybacking on the Swine Flu media hype!

www.montrealgazette.com...

I have got Spam on the brain now!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I'm glad you are staying on this thread too! The only news worth reading is the things you have posted.

The BBC is sooo slow,and I have to admit I have been following you all day,you seem to have gathering so much info,and it has saved me searching all over the web for the relevant facts.

I am trying to be level headed about this,and I have to admit we are in a good location (quite isolated) if and when England gets more cases,you have helped me keep on top of it all.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Morning guys.

I know i dont post much but read every post in here. You guys do great work. Not much need for me to post much its already on the thread when i find it before i can post it.

But i had to ask about this one.
"ZURICH (Reuters) - A container of flu virus samples packed in dry ice exploded on a Swiss train, injuring one person but posing no other risks to humans, police said on Tuesday."

WTF ? ? ? a flu virus sample exploded ? ? ? what the heck kind of flu is that. and if the virus is explosive whats the antidote like ? Liquid nitro ?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by saratoga123

Star 4 U!

BTS and I have tag-teamed a couple of time with nice results...

Cuba suspends Mexico flights due to swine flu
www.alertnet.org...

South Korea: Second individual being tested for swine influenza in Gyeonggi Province. #swineflu5 minutes ago from web

Austria: Director of Vienna Public Health Department states 65-year-old hospitalized as suspected swine influenza case. #swineflu11 minutes ago from web

2009 Swine Flu (H1N1) Outbreak Map
maps.google.com...

Swine Flu Vaccine Months Away, FDA Says
www.cbsnews.com...

"Takeout Only" Ordered For Mexico Eateries
www.cbsnews.com...

Swine Flu's Impact
www.cbsnews.com...

BULLETIN -- CUBA CANCELS ALL FLIGHTS TO MEXICO.1 minute ago from BNO Headquarters

California declares Emergency...more to follow...

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join