It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Austria, Vienna: Senior Couple Returning from Mexico Hospitalized with Suspected Swine Influenza #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Ecuador: Two Patients Admitted to Hospital with Swine Influenza Symptoms in Quito; Not Yet Considered Suspected Cases. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

[edit on 4/28/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos
I have a feeling its gonna spread but really only make people sick.
Deaths will stay confined to Mexico for the most part

What are your thoughts?

I think your living in a dream world, buddy. We need travel to stop. close borders and prevent it from spreading further. yet the governments of the Americas are afraid if they do that Stock investors will lose money and that would be bad. This is BS. Complete over sight and very intentional... I can no longer stay clam. We as society are letting this become a global pandemic. Why are they waiting? Why not try to prevent it. Because they need to vaccinate the world, just watch and see, then even more will die through their cleverly planned program.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Hey there keep us posted on the chain of command angle! Thanks!

reply to post by KonigKaos

I am hoping you are right, though it is too early to tell. We might have to wait a week to get a bigger picture!

Timline of Events ~ Article ~ on AP
A timeline of events in the swine flu outbreak:
www.google.com...

[edit on 28-4-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Norway: Two Suspected Swine Influenza Cases Admitted to Hospital in Oslo. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

US, North Carolina: Two Suspected Swine Influenza Cases in Isolation in Mecklenburg County #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

The Los Angeles Coroner will hold a news conference at 1.30 p.m. local time to discuss two possible swine flu deaths.3 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

Colombia: 30 Additional Suspected Cases of Swine Influenza Reported; Total of 42 Countrywide. #swinefluless than 20 seconds ago from web

US, Connecticut: East Haddam Public School to close over "concerns" of swine influenza after two students fall ill after trip to Mexico.less than a minute ago from web

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Australia, Western Australia: Five New Suspected Swine Flu Cases Under Investigation; Total Reaches Eight #swinefluless than 10 seconds ago from web

Australia, Victoria: 16 Suspected Swine Influenza Cases Under Investigation #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

South Korea: Nine new suspected swine influenza cases reported. All recently visited Mexico or the United States. #swineflu1 minute ago from web

Reuters: Carnival Cruises says it will cancel three stops at Mexican ports today due to swine flu epidemic.3 minutes ago from web

Swine Flu Strikes Bay Area: 2 Cases In Marin
sfgate.com

Scenes from the Swine Flu
sfgate.com

Companies restrict travel, advise staff on flu
www.reuters.com...

In U.S., there's anxiety over swine flu but no panic
www.reuters.com...

U.S. swine flu cases rise, more expected
www.reuters.com...

WHO says possible swine flu pandemic may be mild
www.reuters.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Video about California Deaths

I like the statement - "this isn't like a scene out of a science fiction film or anything"
um.... Oh yes it is...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

WHO Awaits U.S. Confirmation on HumanSpread:

* WHO awaits U.S. confirmation on sustained human spread

* If confirmed, phase 5 pandemic alert could be declared

* Questions remain on low mortality in Mexico

* Worldwide, cases confirmed to WHO rise to 79 with 7 deaths

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Thailand, Bangkok: Suspected Swine Influenza Case Tests Negative #swinefluless than a minute ago from web

Italy: Unspecified Number of Samples Being Tested for Swine Influenza at Local Hospitals in Rome. #swineflu1 minute ago from web

China: WHO representative states suspected swine influenza cases under investigation; Health Ministry denies any cases in China. #swinefluhalf a minute ago from web

Canada: Provincial Health Authorities Confirm Total of 13 Cases of Swine Influenza Nationally. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Never mind me...I'll just keep updating between the chat!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Hey we will never nevermind you Hx3_1963!

You are amazing!

SanFran Chronicle 13 cases in California

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Agreed...you rock the HOUSE!!!

Can anyone tell me why there's NOTHING from Mexico at this point?
News was everywhere until today...has it all just stopped and gone away?
(joking)
Seems very odd,you'd think everyone would be wanting to know how many more contracted it,any deaths,etc because supposedly it all started there and it helps establish a timeline?
Anyone with news?

[edit on 28-4-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

There have neen reports of deaths in 2 districts...

Mexico: Resident of San Luis Potosí Reports 78 Fatal Swine Influenza Cases; Information Not Corroborated. #swineflu

Mexico: Resident Reports 19 Fatal Cases of Swine Influenza in Oaxaca; Information Not Corroborated. #swineflu

Rell: Swine flu cases in Southbury, Stratford
www.connpost.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

That's why I raise my own chickens. Strictly for egg-laying. They are too much like pets now to kill them, but if I wanted to eat chicken, you can bet I'm going to avoid the fast-food variety and go straight to a local farmer for all my meat. We already are getting our milk locally.
I think if we all tried to get our foods locally and sacrified the time to cook it ourselves, we might be healthier overall and the sanitation practices would be more closely examined. Or if they aren't, then we can keep an eye on local places and call it in if we think something is amiss or if we think the animals aren't being treated well. If we can keep an eye on these places, rather than trusting the government with the inspections, maybe we can avoid things like the flu vaccine. So local animals, hopefully better sanitation and health, fewer problems. Thoughts?

Also, is it just me, or have there been more suspected and confirmed cases today than anytime previously?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
England: One Female Suspected Case of Swine Influenza Under Investigation in Clapham. #swinefluless than 5 seconds ago from web

US, New York: Health Officials State “Hundreds” of Children May Have Contracted Swine Influenza Associated With Queens School. #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

Test results on two Marin County residents have determined that they are swine flu victims... first confirmed cases in the Bay Area from TweetDeck

7 more swine flu cases confirmed in Canada, all mild
www.cbc.ca...

Air Transat cancels flights to Mexico
www.thestar.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Venezuela: Three Suspected Swine Influenza Cases Reported in Carabobo State; First Suspected Cases in the Country. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Newberry illnesses 'probable cases' of swine flu
www.thestate.com...

Two Newberry flu cases are “probable cases” of swine flu, the state health agency said today.

“Of the viruses sampled, two were type A, unsubtypable. That means, because this is a novel virus, we will assume that these two cases that were tested at the lab do have the new swine flu virus and these will now be considered ‘probable cases,’ so they are being sent to the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for further evaluation and testing,” said Dr. Jerry Gibson, chief of the Department of Health and Envirnomental Control’s Bureau of Disease Control.

“We expect that those who are sick to voluntarily isolate themselves for a short time, and those who were exposed should voluntarily quarantine themselves at home. DHEC will assure those in isolation will receive appropriate treatment.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Just to put things into perspective. These are randomly taken from the internet. You can do a yahoo search on any of them.

Every 3.6 seconds someone dies of hunger

Every 8 seconds someone dies from smoking

Every 45 seconds someone in America has a stroke

Every 60 seconds someone dies of a heart attack

Every 75 seconds someone dies of breast cancer

Every 15 Minutes - Someone dies from an Alcohol Related Collision

Is the swine flu as serious as any of these or are you letting TPTB get your knickers into a twist over nothing?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Am I just confused or do these numbers seem wrong? And so does this mean that they are now separating the confirmed cases from other types of illness's that are respiratory related?

In my small town, noone seems even remotely interested in this issue. As a matter of fact the school has called 3 times today, different people to ask if we are sick.

My Grandpa is going for major prostrate surgery tomorrow and so I have said that we are well but wanted the extra time with our Grandpa before surgery... &^%#!!*& them! It feels like they want everyone to be exposed if they have to be, or they just dont care.

My 10 year old had RSV as a baby and I DO NOT want to take ANY chances.

The neighbors I warned days ago keep driving by slow, and going to town alot more than usual as if in a display of defiance to my warning, and when they pass by they go real slow and stare...

Do you suppose ppl will be POed if their neighbor does not get sick along with the rest of the world?

I have not turned on the news since the kids are home, but the few times I have in the past several days only once did I see any news on this...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
www.time.com...

It's about this Tamiflu thing they're talking about like it's the freakin' golden egg or something.

According to a recent article,the stuff is really bad juju.

What the hell is IN this stuff?

[edit on 28-4-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Poland: 26-Year-Old Female Hospitalized for Suspected Swine Influenza in Strzelce Opolskie; Fourth Suspected Case in the Country. #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

Official: 'Many Hundreds' Of Students Sick In NYC
wcbstv.com...

NEW YORK (CBS)
The number of confirmed swine flu cases in New York City has risen to 44 and city officials say that in addition to potentially new cases being investigated at other schools in the city, "many hundreds" of students at one Queens school have had swine flu-like symptoms.

Health Commissioner Thomas Frieden said during a Tuesday afternoon news conference that health officials were looking for patients with the most serious symptoms.

"We know that many hundreds of students were ill with symptoms which most likely were swine flu," he said. "Our focus now is to very, very carefully look to see if there are any cases of very severe illness with swine flu in New York City."
More at Link...

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join