It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Swine Flu Extends Reach, Sickens Hundreds in New York (Update1)
bloomberg.com...

April 29 (Bloomberg) -- New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg said hundreds of students in his city are sick with suspected cases of swine flu, an indication the disease may be taking root in countries outside Mexico.

President Barack Obama asked Congress for $1.5 billion in new funding to brace for an outbreak, according to a White House spokesman. California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger declared a state of emergency to help the most populous U.S. state prepare. New York, one of six states with 65 confirmed cases, has 45.

The virus toll has been highest in Mexico, where more than 150 may have died from the malady, though only 26 cases have been confirmed through tests. Many cases in the U.S. were confirmed with samples taken routinely from patients with respiratory infections before the outbreak was known, and more may be coming, said Tim Uyeki, a disease tracker at the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s flu division.
More at Link...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

SWINE FLU UPDATE -- A press conference is scheduled at 10pm ET in Mexico City. Editor @RodrigoMx will have live updates.2 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

Is this going to be broadcast so that we can see/ hear it?

Ah crud I meant to tell you thank you very much for all the hard work you have done today. Have you even taken a break for dinner? Wish I could have shared ours with you, we had... Tacos!

sWine and Tacos...

Jk, we dont eat stuff like piggies.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by antar]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Live webcast in Mexico on outbreak

ow.ly...

in spanish

[edit on 4/28/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

SWINE FLU UPDATE -- A press conference is scheduled at 10pm ET in Mexico City. Editor @RodrigoMx will have live updates.2 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

Is this going to be broadcast so that we can see/ hear it?

I'm starting to wonder if it makes a difference if we see or hear or read anything.
Where do you suppose the truth lies?
Crazy isn't it -
We have a lot of work to do - this species.
Starting with telling the truth.
What a load off of all of our minds -
if we knew we could just depend on that happening.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Argentina suspends flights from Mexico over swine flu
www.alertnet.org...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I have put in a request for a google translation, so... and I was thinking after the last post we will be able to tell a bit more by how different countries react to the press conference and how many block flights and travel into the country.

Dont we have any spanish speaking members who can give us a brief synapsis?

I only understood the to mention economy everyother word and a bunch of references to Pollo... Chicken???

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

I know Spanish but i listened for awhile and it was all music.

Is there anotherone?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Local San Antonio news just on here in Texas...two more area schools closed until May 11th.
They are also "checking" at the border for people who look ill...guess that something at least?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Commentary: Why swine flu scares us
www.cnn.com...

Sorry...you must of missed it then...

It was a live streaming webcast from a radio station down there...

Hopefully someone will do a work-up on it soon and post in english...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Just Twittered-
4 minutes ago...Mexico has
159 deaths. 7 swine flu cases confirmed by lab. 2,498 possible cases with around 1,300 still in hospitals.

twitter.com...

[edit on 28-4-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Japan: 200 Japanese Rushed Back from Mexico City due to Swine Influenza Outbreaks; No Suspected Case Identified. #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

BNO News is covering the swine flu story live from Mexico, with our reporter @RodrigoMx. Ad: Neonatal NPs needed: www.tinyurl.com/cxzzrx2 minutes ago from Adjix

www.tinyurl.com...

we'll try it again...

just posted

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic
reply to post by burntheships

I'm seriously begining to think it should be called "Swine-dle" flu?

It makes NO good sense to me why it should be so damn hard for things to have a bit more clarity at this point.

Thanks to all who work tirelessly to update,the amount of BS out there is staggering and it's hard to know which end is up,LOL!

that is running for competition in first place! The other name I read was WWYTD flu...We Want You To Die Flu! Oh my it is rather twisted...either one but we have got to have a laugh or it will get to us!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
South Korea: Four of Nine Suspected Cases Ruled Out; Remaining Five Suspected Cases Undergoing Testing. #swinefluless than a minute ago from web

US, California: One Probable Pediatric Case of Swine Influenza Reported in Visalia. #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

Mexico: Number of Suspected Deaths Caused by Swine Influenza Reaches 159. #swineflu5 minutes ago from web

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

your dynamic avatar!

Our ever infamous World Bank President is in the news, warning us of a "calamity". Maybe this is "The One"

The head of the World Bank warned over the weekend that the deepening global economic crisis threatens to unleash “a human and developmental calamity.”

World Bank President Robert Zoelick issued the warning in the context of a meeting of the bank and the International Fund in Washington that came on the heels of meetings by G7 and G20 finance ministers in the US capital.
Zoelick said that developing countries will see “especially serious consequences with the crisis driving more than 50 million people into extreme poverty, particularly women and children.”
The IMF and World Bank warned Sunday that global unemployment is set to rise from 5.3 percent to 8.5 percent, leaving some 90 million more people “trapped in extreme poverty.” He added: “The number of chronically hungry people is expected to climb to over 1 billion this year.”

Hummm read between the lines ATS readers. What is he saying?

And here we can compare Wall St with the Swine Flu
What Wall Street has in common with Swine Flu

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I have now twice seen people describe this flu as causing vomiting/diarrhea.

Can anyone confirm these symptoms?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Thank You!

Well...this little Borgie is going into alcove re-gen mode for a few...

Carry on...knowledge is power!!! Fight the Power!!!
Hmmm

Number of U.S. Cases Climbs
www.foxnews.com...

U.S. Pig Farmers Take Precautions to Prevent Flu
www.foxnews.com...

HEALTH: Swine Flu Information HQ
www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 4/29/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Does anyone know if masks really work?

I've been hearing more and more that they are not really useful, but that they have a psychological effect that is a double-edged sword:
1) People who wear them are more aware that they have to take preventive actions in order to protect themselves (they seem to wash they hands more often and keep a safe distance from others)
but also,
2) Since they're wearing the masks, they feel that they can go a mingle out more in crowded areas because they think that they are more protected.

Edit to say that there were 1 or 2 cases, not sure if they're confirmed or only suspected, in Oklahoma.

[edit on 4/29/2009 by haika]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I think we should call it -

willsomeonepleasetellusthetruth flu

alright -alright - so it's a little long -
back to the drawing board.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by haika

I heard on the radio today that the masks do not provide much protection.
So...they said if you need to be protected, a mask wont do it.

Hope that helps...and they also said to buy a respriator if you need to be protected. Wow that was a shock to hear...as you seen all the pictures of folks wearing masks.

Originally posted by spinkyboo

I think we should call it -

willsomeonepleasetellusthetruth flu

alright -alright - so it's a little long -
back to the drawing board.

I like it ... it has the ring of truth to it!

bts out~ Good night everyone, catch you tomorrow!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Apparently the disposible masks offer very little protection once they are damp,so you would need to replace them quite often I imagine.
I have not got a link but this came from a Doctor being inteveiwed on the BBC breakfast news yesterday.
I had a quick look on the web and companies seem to be putting their prices up already!

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join