It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 152
<< 149  150  151    153  154  155 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Star 4 U !

Thank You!

I just need a couple more good Con-Theorisys and Wala!

Over 100,000 Americans May Have Swine Flu: CDC
news.yahoo.com...

And the new thread I created for the headline...
Over 100,000 Americans May Have Swine Flu: CDC
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wife of Swine flu victim criticizes city's handling of illness
www.newsday.com...
(per captaintrippy)

And the new thread I created for the headline...
Wife of Swine flu victim criticizes city's handling of illness

US, Alabama: State Officials Confirm 38 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Statewide #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

US, Mississippi: State Officials Confirm First Three Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

US, Delaware: State Officials Confirm 55th Case of Influenza A (H1N1) #swineflu7 minutes ago from web

Ingham County gets first case of H1N1 (aka "swine flu"). The 49-year-old man with the virus is recovering. Details at www.wlns.com.7 minutes ago from TweetDeck

[edit on 5/15/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
# Panama: One New Influenza A (H1N1) Case Reported; Cumulative Total Reaches 40 Cases Nationwide: Date: May 15, 2009 20:50 UTC Risk: Me..1 minute ago from twitterfeed

# Chile: Ten Possible Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Identified: Date: May 15, 2009 20:33 UTC Risk: Medium The Chilean news source Radio Univ..1 minute ago from twitterfeed

# Guam: Test Results Pending for Two Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Cases: Date: May 15, 2009 20:22 UTC Risk: Medium The Pacific Daily Ne..1 minute ago from twitterfeed

# Spain: Three New Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported; Cumulative Total Reaches 103 Confirmed Cases Nationwide: Date: May 15, 2009 20:21..1 minute ago from twitterfeed

# Civitavecchia: One Probable Case of Influenza A (H1N1) on Cruise Ship That Will Dock on 16 May: Date: May 15, 2009 20:02 UTC Risk: Me..1 minute ago from twitterfeed

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Now there is a number i can actualy almost belive.

Sure beats the numbers we have been fed so far. Although i still think its much higher than that.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Not that I even believe 100k, but, it's a start

And to add cayenne pepper to the wound...

Second wave of flu likely in two months
www.bangkokpost.com...
(per johnb)

And the Thread I started on it...

Second wave of flu likely in two months

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

So they droped the ball on the first go around, if the predictions are right, look out in july.

Instead of the cautious side of it, next go around they may switch up and put all those restrictions in place right away to stop the spreading.. or at least try.

Time for this lil piggie to get some sleep, gota work tonight.. i'm so excited i could wet my self... *lol* oh well keeps the bill people happy.
and at least i am working. I'll try to check in when i get up.
Hope stacy is ok, she got mighty quiet after her last post...

[edit on 15-5-2009 by severdsoul]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Vegas Boy, 6, Most Serious Swine Flu Case
28 Confirmed Cases In Nevada
www.fox5vegas.com...

LAS VEGAS -- Health officials said seven more people have been infected with swine flu virus in the Las Vegas area, including a 6-year-old boy who was hospitalized with mild symptoms.

The new tally brings the number of confirmed cases in Nevada to 28.

The state Health Division said there haven't been any deaths in Nevada from the H1N1 virus, and the severity of illness for those affected has generally been mild.

Southern Nevada Health District spokeswoman Stephanie Bethel said that other than the boy, none of the other patients - males ages 16, 19, 24 and 35, and women ages 25 and 53 - were hospitalized.

# Spain: Three New Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported; Cumulative Total Reaches 103 Confirmed Cases Nationwide.#swinefluhalf a minute ago from web

# Panama: One New Influenza A (H1N1) Case Reported; Cumulative Total Reaches 40 Cases Nationwide.#swinefluless than a minute ago from web

# Mexico: 239 Additional Cases and Two Additional Fatal Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Total Increases to 2,895 Cases and 66 Deaths less than a minute ago from web

Cuba: Two New Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported; Cumulative Total Reaches Three Confirmed Cases.#swineflu3 minutes ago from web

Peru, Lima: One Confirmed Influenza A (H1N1) Case Reported. #swineflu4 minutes ago from web

Canada: A total of 505 influenza A (H1N1) cases confirmed nationwide. #swineflu21 minutes ago from web

New case of H1N1 virus confirmed
news10now.com...

Six more cases of H1N1 confirmed in Hawaii, bringing total to 21 (BizJournals)
h1n1alliance.org...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Twelve new cases in Oklahoma today.www.ok.gov...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Cases of H1N1 Flu Virus in Canada

As of May 15 2009, a total of 496 laboratory-confirmed cases of H1N1 Flu Virus have been reported in 9 provinces and 1 territory in Canada.

www.phac-aspc.gc.ca...

H1N1 virus in pigs on Alta farm close to human virus
www.ctv.ca...

Ontario H1N1 flu cases jump by 32
www.ctv.ca...

Mexico cuts benchmark interest rate to 5.25 per cent
www.theglobeandmail.com...

Pig farmers are victims of a swinish disregard for the truth
www.theglobeandmail.com...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Two swine flu doses ready for everyone: minister
www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk...

One more probable case of swine flu reported in Santa Clara County
www.mercurynews.com...

Three in Salina diagnosed with swine flu
www.salina.com...

Second Swine Flu Case Confirmed in Berks County
wfmz.com...

Hmmm...
Due to the transition of surveillance and reporting on influenza A (H1N1) towards routine seasonal influenza tracking, Veratect will cease providing Twitter posts for this event as of 8:00p EST, May 15, 2009 less than a minute ago from web

Three More Schools Close in Queens
www.nytimes.com...

# Queens: Two Additional Schools Closed after Students Report Symptoms of Influenza A (H1N1) : Date: May 15, 2009 22:24 UTC Risk: Mediu..7 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# British Columbia: Four New Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Provincial Case Count Reaches 100 : Date: May 15, 2009 21:39 UTC Ri..7 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Houston: Local School Closed Following Confirmation of 12 Cases of Influenza A (H1N1): Date: May 15, 2009 21:00 UTC Risk: Medium The ..7 minutes ago from twitterfeed

yoyoel: Swine flu manifesting itself as a 102 fever, migraine, and reduced desire to tweet. Stay tuned for more details. 1 minute ago from Tweetie

thrusty: Taipei airport is just as dull as I remember. Many more face masks this time around thanks to swine flu 2 minutes ago from mobile web

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
A/H1N1 flu cases in Cuba rise to three
2009-05-16 05:50:49
news.xinhuanet.com...

New case of swine flu detected in Arkansas
www2.arkansasonline.com...

# Riley, Kansas, USA: 1 confirmed caseSource: Department of Health KansasDate: May 14 20094 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Geary county, Kansas, USA: 2 confirmed casesSource: Department of health KansasDate: May 14 20094 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Ford county, Kansas, USA: 1 confirmed caseSource: Department of Health KansasDate: May 14 20094 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Clinton County, New York: 1 confirmed caseSource: Cal. Dept. of HealtDate: May 14 20094 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Navy Updates Number of Confirmed H1N1 Cases to 50 Sailors
www.navy.mil...

Hmmm...

Preliminary study findings suggest Mexicans may be genetically susceptible to the H1N1 virus
Wed May 13, 2009
www.worldhealth.net...

In a landmark study conducted by Mexico's National Institute of Genomic Medicine (INMEGEN), researchers examined the genetic composition of 300 Mexican Mestizos - people of mixed European and Amerindian ancestry who represent more than 80 percent of Mexico's population - from six geographically distant states in Mexico. They also looked at 30 members of Amerindian descent from the indigenous Zapotecas group in the state of Oaxaca. As they discovered, the genetic make-up of these two populations is significantly different from three other known human genetic subgroups documented through the historic International HapMap Project.

The goal of the research was to determine the "comparability of Latino genomes to others in the global search for health-related genes throughout humanity." While their findings are preliminary, the results of the study may one day help explain why the H1N1 flu was deadlier in Mexico. Says Dr. Gerardo Jimenez-Sanchez of INMEGEN, who led the research team, "It is not possible today to say genetic variation is responsible for the unique H1N1 Influenza A mortality rate in Mexico. However, knowledge of genomic variability in the Mexican population can allow the identification of genetic variations that confer susceptibility to common diseases, including infections such as the flu." And he adds, "It will also help develop pharmacogenomics to help produce medicines tailored to people of a specific genetic group, to the creation of drugs that are both safer and more effective."
More at Link...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
6 new cases of swine flu: Redding, Easton, Darien
www.newstimes.com...

Fourth Swine Flu Case Confirmed in Erie County
www.wgrz.com...

Alpharetta kindergartner’s swine flu pushes charter school to deep-clean
www.ajc.com...

Are these really flu stoppers?
www.latimes.com...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Wow, poor Alberta. First Alberta pigs there get infected with H1N1 and now they have a case of BSE (mad cow).

BSE found in Alberta dairy cow

The Canadian Food Inspection Agency has confirmed a case of mad cow disease in an older dairy animal in Alberta, the 16th case detected since 2003.

Link: www.cbc.ca...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieSlayer

Geez-o-Pete...

Great...just what we need...another "Mixing Bowl" up there...

A good way to cross-contaminate into a larger mammal base

Must you ALWAYS bring such *Good News*

And as long as we're on the subject...did you post this already?

Swine flu virus retrieved from pigs on Alta farm closely matches human virus
2 hours ago
www.google.com...

Swine flu cases in Oklahoma reaches 38
www.tulsaworld.com...

Washington state's confirmed swine flu cases at 361
seattletimes.nwsource.com...

# Beaufort, South Carolina, USA: 1 confirmed caseSource: South Carolina Dept. of HealthDate: May 14 20093 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Greenville, South Carolina, USA: 4 confirmed casesSource: South Carolina Dept. of HealthDate: May 14 20093 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Anderson, South Carolina, USA: 1 confirmed caseSource: South Carolina Dept. of HealthDate: May 14 20093 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Laurens county, South Carolina, USA: 4 confirmed casesSource: South Carolina Dept. of HealthDate: May 14 20093 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Saluda county, South Carolina, USA: 1 confirmed caseSource: South Carolina Dept. of HaelthDate: May 14 20093 minutes ago from twitterfeed

TV_Director: @JessABC12 I think I've been folowing you for 3 days now and you've been sick the entire time. Do you have the swine flu? Feel better! =) 2 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Mild U.S. Swine Flu Cases May Exceed Official Tally
www.nytimes.com...

The real number of swine flu cases in the United States could be “upwards of 100,000,” a top public health official estimated on Friday — far higher than the official count of 7,415 cases confirmed by laboratories.

The official, Dr. Daniel Jernigan, head of flu epidemiology for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said at a news conference that the official number gave an inaccurate picture of the outbreak because so few mildly sick people were being tested.

He added that flu was more prevalent than usual, “something we would not normally expect at this time of year.” But he emphasized that most cases were mild. There have been only 173 hospitalizations and 5 deaths reported to the disease centers.
More at Link...

Just thinking out loud here...

Ya know what else is kinda scary?

If they're pretty much cought up from the backlog of samples sent in...

And...they're not testing the general population now...

Then these increasing numbers must be from more serious/hospitalization cases??? Hmmm...

Does that make any sense to Y'all?

Canada's confirmed A/H1N1 flu cases rise to 496
2009-05-16 06:53:07
news.xinhuanet.com...

First suspected domestic H1N1 infection reported in Japan
www.channelnewsasia.com...

First probable swine flu case reported in Pasadena
www.pasadenastarnews.com...

# Rockdale county, Georgia, USA: 1 confirmed caseSource: Georgia Division of Public HealthDate: May 15 200913 minutes ago from twitterfeed

# Fulton county, Georgia, USA: 3 confirmed casesSource: Georgia Division of Public HealthDate: May 15 200913 minutes ago from twitterfeed

sishizaki: I feel like it's worse. I don't care what they say about swine flu, this feels worse. less than 10 seconds ago from TweetDeck

sishizaki: UGH I don't have swine flu, I have intestinal flu. less than a minute ago from TweetDeck

bhwong: Preparing IT infrastructure for alternate office in case swine flu hit us. 1 minute ago from web

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Yes it does make sense! Star for U! From the start of this, I noticed all the conflicting data, reporting and news. Obvious from the start that CDC standards for testing were put in place early and are part of the overall disinformation plan!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Good Day Sneeky!

Latest development on A/H1N1 flu worldwide
2009-05-16 09:08:47
news.xinhuanet.com...

shinejalea: They tried an experimental treatment; a hemo-modulator, on the guy dying of swine flu at my mom's hospital today. Interesting technology.. 1 minute ago from web

JustinAReeve: WHO fears SwineFlu(A H1N1)will resurface,possibly modified,in the fall/winter Southern hemisphere continues to worry about propagation 6 minutes ago from web

SauHun: is sick again? Could it be H1N1?? 1 minute ago from web

jdavis7: Swine Flu was developed by the Umbrella Corporation. Start loading your shotguns for the Zombie Apocalypse. *Cocks Shotgun* 1 minute ago from txt

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Hmmm...great...

A New, New H1N1 in Mexico?
May 15, 2009
blogs.sciencemag.org...

This odd exchange took place at today’s press conference with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

David Brown, The Washington Post: There’s a report that there is yet another new H1N1 virus that has been found in the states of Durango, Zacatecas, and Jalisco that is distinct from both this swine H1N1 and the seasonal Brisbane H1N1. Have you heard of this and can you tell us anything about this?

Daniel Jernigan, CDC’s deputy director of influenza division: We’ve heard of some reports about that, but I’ve not had any direct information about the specifics of that case. There’s ongoing dialog between us and the folks that are in Mexico, and as we know more about that, we’ll be able to let people know.

ScienceInsider is investigating but has yet to learn anything substantive. It was aired in a public venue, though, and likely will receive media attention, regardless of whether it turns out to be false.

—Jon Cohen

Update (6:44EDT, 15 May): “We heard a rumor but think it may be a misinterpretation of some lab data by a non-lab person,” Nancy Cox, head of CDC’s influenza division, tells ScienceInsider. “We are following up.”

Department of Health: Swine flu case confirmed in Cumberland County
www.cumberlink.com...

Swine flu confirmed in Douglas County
wenatcheeworld.com...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Uh oh! So if it's "distinct" from this swine flu and the seasonal Brisbane flu then what is it? A mutation? Or something completely different?

Last week there was a report about an H3N2 virus floating around out there. Maybe that's what it is.

Second strain of flu may complicate picture (May 6, 2009)
www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieSlayer

At this point???

WHO knows! Really...they do...

There's H1N1, H1N5, H3N2, H2N3? and several strains of each mentioned so far...

All very confusing

new topics

top topics

<< 149  150  151    153  154  155 >>

join